• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevyt

i absolutely love christmas and always got into the christmas spirit, except for this year :\ and i hate it.

Same here I:

Ned and Cat though

I cry everytime

image.php

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Funky and I are going to find a new planet and no-one is allowed there except us. It's going to be all water, and above it we ride on an immortal giant flying space turtle, and on her shell it's Funky and my birthday every day, because our calendar year only has one day in it. Plus there are other giant turtles but we have the only one that flies because the other turts haven't reached enlightenment yet.

Risgroo

I wonder if Skull Kid will be in the new Zelda.

Hmm, that would be pretty kewl. I'm playing through Twilight Princess again, and it was fun seeing him there. I'd like him to have a bigger part if he comes back in the new one though.
Man, Twilight Princess is still soooo good, shame it gets so much shit over on gaming side
like every game that isn't Dark Souls

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Funky and I are going to find a new planet and no-one is allowed there except us. It's going to be all water, and above it we ride on an immortal giant flying space turtle, and on her shell it's Funky and my birthday every day, because our calendar year only has one day in it. Plus there are other giant turtles but we have the only one that flies because the other turts haven't reached enlightenment yet.

I like the sound of that, although I'm unsure about the lack of loose querls.

Twilight Princess is the GOAT Zelda tbh.

It's also the only one I've fully played. Oop.

While great, it still lacks the radiance of the one true GOAT

Turin

Banned
Twilight Princess is excellent. I think it's right up there with OoT and Majora's Mask.

I never played the 2D ones.

Was Skyward Sword as bland as it looked? I won't buy a Wii to play it. Just curious.

What you chatting about mate, Majora's Mask yo!

Funny how a company who have a load of criticisms of being too childish have made one of the most thematically mature (in my mind at least) games. Fuckin' nerds.

Risgroo

Get a 3DS and play Ocarina and Majora, ye shit.
Get your grandpa games outta here.
Only 2D Zeldas I like are Minish Cap and Link to the Past
Was Skyward Sword as bland as it looked? I won't buy a Wii to play it. Just curious.
I love it! The story is fun, dungeons are good and the soundtrack is amazing. It has some problems with padding, but nowhere near as bad as some people say. Plus it has The Groose and the best Zelda ever.

What you chatting about mate, Majora's Mask yo!

Funny how a company who have a load of criticisms of being too childish have made one of the most thematically mature (in my mind at least) games. Fuckin' nerds.

Hnnng yes, so damn good, even if the dungeons aren't all that, aside from Stone tower. Can't wait to get my hands on the remake.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Get a 3DS and play Ocarina and Majora, ye shit.

Get your grandpa games outta here.
Only 2D Zeldas I like are Minish Cap and Link to the Past

I love it! The story is fun, dungeons are good and the soundtrack is amazing. It has some problems with padding, but nowhere near as bad as some people say. Plus it has The Groose and the best Zelda ever.
You just cannot imagine how much it bugs me that nearly all the games I wanted to play the most during the past two gens came out at a time of my life when I was married to my job. My Zelda backlog basically starts with Minish Cap and has been growing since then :(

Edit: I have yet to play Wind Waker, FFS.

The Weeknd - Earned It

The soundtrack for 50 Shades of Shit is all I have to look forward to now that I've found out Jamie Dornan won't be showing his peeny. So literally there goes any bit of interest I had in that vile movie. TRASH.

I love 50 Shades of Grey. I mean, the novels may be trash, but my "totally not interested, just curious about it" girlfriend nearly had a freakout when the trailer came out.

Hollywood is doing a real solid to kink deprived stra8 males from all over the world. Dudes are going to wet their noodles like never before.

Chuckie

My Zelda favorites:

Ocarina of Time
Wind Waker
Link to the Past

I only played Majora's Mask a year ago, but I couldn't take the outdated graphics. However I think I will buy the 3DS one and play it after all :D

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
To this day I still feel like Wind Waker caught a lot of unwarranted flak. The game tried to do something different and for the most part it got it right. I just wish the art style could have been a little bit more refined, but Nintendo has done a great job evening the cartoon Zelda look since then.

Unrelated awesomeness: Bonobo : Flashlight

Turin

Banned

I have heard Zelda herself was far more interesting in that one. Hopefully they continue that trend in the next one.

zeemumu

Majora's Mask has the best setting. The world is telling dozens of different stories while you're playing, whether you notice them or not.

Kater

Banned

I still need to play that one. Does Midna fight like she does in Hyrule Warriors?

My favourite Legend of Zelda game is still Wind Waker (HD). I love the design of the world and characters. The sailing is awesome too.

zeemumu

I still need to play that one. Does Midna fight like she does in Hyrule Warriors?

Midna fills Navi's role in Twilight Princess. She rides on Link's back when he's in wolf form. But she only actually fights once and it's towards the end in a cutscene.

Kevyt

It's all about Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. I feel like Crash Bandicoot, the first three games, were overlooked and the underdogs in the platforming genre.

Turin

Banned
My greatest gaming experience is probably still Ocarina. I got it on Christmas morning and it was the first game I popped into my N64. I was not on Earth anymore.

Kevyt

My top favorite Zelda games are, oh wait, never played any of them lol. The new open world Zelda looks amazing though.

Kater

Banned
Midna fills Navi's role in Twilight Princess. She rides on Link's back when he's in wolf form. But she only actually fights once and it's towards the end in a cutscene.
Well, that's a bummer. Thought she was fighting in the game since Link is just a wolf that is used by her to ride around the area in that game (from what I know from screenshots).

omg it's Eve of Christmas Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to get so messed up tonight I might try going down chimneys to deliver presents!

Turin

Banned
That's it. We gotta save Christmas. Where's the drugs?

I'll probably watch the South Park Christmas special on the day. It's like an annual ritual of mine and the only time I really watch South Park anymore.

zeemumu

It's all about Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. I feel like Crash Bandicoot, the first three games, were overlooked and the underdogs in the platforming genre.

I finished Crash Bandicoot Warped in one day because when I was a kid I had no concept of memory cards, and my parents didn't know that the Playstation needed a memory card. It was either that or leave the console running, but I didn't want to do that because I was told that it would overheat and burn the house down. It was a lie to keep me from adding to the power bill but whatever.

Well, that's a bummer. Thought she was fighting in the game since Link is just a wolf that is used by her to ride around the area in that game (from what I know from screenshots).

Link still has attacks as a wolf. The story is that Link got corrupted by the Twilight realm and gained a wolf form, and Midna can change him into a wolf and back whenever he needs to, but only in the normal world. When he's in the Twilight realm or is using fast travel he has to be in wolf form. I think she can do stuff with the magic hand in her hair too but I don't remember whether it's for combat or puzzle solving.

I finished Crash Bandicoot Warped in one day because when I was a kid I had no concept of memory cards, and my parents didn't know that the Playstation needed a memory card. It was either that or leave the console running, but I didn't want to do that because I was told that it would overheat and burn the house down. It was a lie to keep me from adding to the power bill but whatever.

Crash 3 is overrated, 'sall about Crash 2

That said, give me more good 3D platformers. I fucking need them.

Chuckie

Kater

Banned
Link still has attacks as a wolf. The story is that Link got corrupted by the Twilight realm and gained a wolf form, and Midna can change him into a wolf and back whenever he needs to, but only in the normal world. When he's in the Twilight realm or is using fast travel he has to be in wolf form. I think she can do stuff with the magic hand in her hair too but I don't remember whether it's for combat or puzzle solving.
Thanks a lot for your post, zeemumu. Cleared up with a lot of misconceptions I had about the game.

I saw a gif of one of the boss battle once which had someone who changed his form. That looked hype as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom