• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF Book 4: A Game of Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ever end up going to Townsville (aka, you didn't pray hard enough), hit me up.

Time honoured tradition where people change their profile pic to their real life face. It's what all the cool people used to do before they moved to the Undying Lands.

I would jump out of the plane if it got diverted to Townsville. Sorry man.

I'm chilling near Brisbane. It might be closer to Ipswitch, not sure. Went to movie world today.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I went to Movie World when I was too young to appreciate it, and now I think I'm too old to appreciate it. I'm a bit too reserved to enjoy tactile entertainment like Inertia, getting splashed, or getting splashed by a dolphin. Was there anything at Movie World that wasn't rollercoasters or getting your picture with Batman?

zeemumu

These old people were giving me and an associate who was on break a hard time about some lights that were about $4, saying that they should be less becayse they were on sale. The guy went to go complain to the manager about the price, and later I checked and found out that $4 was the sale price and they were actually more than that at normal price. Ah well, no lights for you.

Turin

Banned
tumblr_ng7yrkAI7W1tzl5zro1_1280.jpg

These old people were giving me and an associate who was on break a hard time about some lights that were about $4, saying that they should be less becayse they were on sale. The guy went to go complain to the manager about the price, and later I checked and found out that $4 was the sale price and they were actually more than that at normal price. Ah well, no lights for you.

I had these customers a while back who grabbed a whole panel full of flowers from a clearance shelf and insisted it was just a dollar for the whole thing. They couldn't just be thankful that each plant was 50 cents.

zeemumu

tumblr_ng7yrkAI7W1tzl5zro1_1280.jpg

I had these customers a while back who grabbed a whole panel full of flowers from a clearance shelf and insisted it was just a dollar for the whole thing. They couldn't just be thankful that each plant was 50 cents.

Did they ever use you as a threat to make their children behave? Did they say, "look at that man, he's mad at you," and you're just staring back like
never-can-run-nor-hide-from-the-eyes-of-notre-dame.jpg

Turin

Banned
Did they ever use you as a threat to make their children behave? Did they say, "look at that man, he's mad at you," and you're just staring back like
never-can-run-nor-hide-from-the-eyes-of-notre-dame.jpg

...........No but I have unintentionally scared children while on register. Twice. One of them cried. :\

Windam

Scaley member
Answer my fucking question. Nobody ignores the Motherfucking Dark Lord.

Also, Turin: I got the sweet The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings Collector's Editions hardcover books that had a limited run last year. $123 well spent.

Turin

Banned
Also, Turin: I got the sweet The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings Collector's Editions hardcover books that had a limited run last year. $123 well spent.

I've been looking around myself. Looking for something with some cool artwork to it. Trying to avoid movie tie ins.

Windam

Scaley member
I've been looking around myself. Looking for something with some cool artwork to it. Trying to avoid movie tie ins.

For some reason, I think Amazon says they're tie-in editions, but I can't see how. The artwork is super minimalist and aside from The Return of the King, I don't think you could guess they're Tolkien works. Whatever. They feel cool; they've got this cloth-like texture about them.

I also got the EE of Desolation of Smaug today that includes the WETA figure. The amount of money I've spent on Tolkien related things these past three weeks...

Turin

Banned
For some reason, I think Amazon says they're tie-in editions, but I can't see how. The artwork is super minimalist and aside from The Return of the King, I don't think you could guess they're Tolkien works. Whatever. They feel cool; they've got this cloth-like texture about them.

I also got the EE of Desolation of Smaug today that includes the WETA figure. The amount of money I've spent on Tolkien related things these past three weeks...

Can you send a link for me to wish list it?

I was considering this but I don't think it has the Hobbit in it.

Windam

Scaley member

Nope, that edition doesn't have The Hobbit. Strictly LotR in one (pretty) book.

The film? It's this. Not sure why the price is so high, though. I got mine at HMV for $54.99 CAD.

If you mean the books, this is the set I got. Not with the box, though. Had to buy each one separately. Expect to search for a long time if you're going to try to track them down for decent prices. I lucked out and a local bookstore had The Hobbit, The Two Towers and The Return of the King. Fellowship of the Ring I ordered off Amazon.ca. I do believe this edition of The Hobbit is still in print, but the LotR books are not.

Turin

Banned
I like you Legolas but you took up precious screen time that could have gone to Thranduil. >_<

Nope, that edition doesn't have The Hobbit. Strictly LotR in one (pretty) book.

If you mean the books, this is the set I got. Not with the box, though. Had to buy each one separately. Expect to search for a long time if you're going to try to track them down for decent prices. I lucked out and a local bookstore had The Hobbit, The Two Towers and The Return of the King. Fellowship of the Ring I ordered off Amazon.ca. I do believe this edition of The Hobbit is still in print, but the LotR books are not.

I fear the hunt for those will be long and arduous. I will not spend 1,172 dollars for any collection of books, ever, but they will be mine on a day.

Turin

Banned
I saw an episode where Franco rematched him in a Tolkien-off. It ended with Colbert shouting "You come into my house?! You come into my house?!"

Kevyt

Wait, did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn? That's against the rules.

There's a card that let's you summon a bunch of monsters in one turn. Forgot what it's called. It's also Seto Kaiba, he is always has tricks up his sleeve :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom