• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4: PS4 Pro & PC High-Res support detailed

Beginning next week, Fallout 4’s Update 1.9 on PlayStation 4 adds support for the power of the PlayStation 4 Pro console. The update provides enhanced lighting and graphic features, including:

-Native 1440p resolution
-Enhanced draw distance for trees, grass, objects and NPCs
-Enhanced Godray effects

Also available next week, with so many fans still actively playing Fallout 4 on Steam, we’re excited to announce the release of the game’s High-Resolution Texture Pack. Consider this free download a love letter to our amazing PC fans that have supported us – not just with Fallout 4, but across multiple decades and games.

Note: To utilize the High-Resolution Texture Pack, make sure you have an additional 58 GB of available and that your system meets/exceeds the recommended specs below.

Recommended PC Specs
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7-5820K or better
GTX 1080 8GB/AMD Radeon RX 490 8GB
8GB+ Ram

https://bethesda.net/en/article/52I...lMedia&utm_campaign=HighRes&utm_medium=Social

To utilize the High-Resolution Texture Pack, make sure you have an additional 58 GB of available and that your system meets/exceeds the recommended specs below.

The specs list a GPU with 8GB of VRAM. Here comes the textures, folks.

BY2K

Membero Americo
To utilize the High-Resolution Texture Pack, make sure you have an additional 58 GB of available and that your system meets/exceeds the recommended specs below.

What the fuck.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hopefully the Pro patch comes with load time and performance improvements as well

Infest

"Note: To utilize the High-Resolution Texture Pack, make sure you have an additional 58 GB of available and that your system meets/exceeds the recommended specs below."

On top of the already installed 40GB?! wut

BigEmil

Would rather have had a 1080p 60FPS update.
People are more likely to buy this with more graphics. If it was just 60fps update people wouldn't go out of their way to buy this as much. More graphics sells more especially to the casual market, also this is Bethesda they are known not to prioritise performance on consoles and such

Ashtar

I'd think they'd want to sure up the fps, never played the ps4 version but the Xbox frame rate was atrocious at times

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
If the high resolution pack is 58gb I'm very interested to see how good it looks. Very happy to see them do it though.

It's nice that they're releasing high resolution textures, but honestly if you're on PC then you would being your self a disservice not to use mod textures instead. They take up far less space and they use less VRAM.

Vintage

How's PC performance now? I remember it running like shit in cities on GTX970 on launch. I've heard good things about survival mode, might try it with texture pack if my pc can handle.

How's PC performance now? I remember it running like shit in cities on GTX970 on launch. I've heard good things about survival mode, might try it with texture pack if my pc can handle.
Your 970 isn't Bethesda's recommended 1080 though.

Game doesn't perform any better than it did at launch. Absolutely not gonna perform better with whatever the hell this 60GB texture pack is.

Well I can max it out at 60FPS with a 1050Ti, 60FPS, so the performance is pretty good.

Edit: Though I am using a couple mods to increase performance. Such as a retexture mod that's the same resolution as current ultra textures but less VRAM intensive, another mod that dynamically alters shadow draw distance to be dynamic, and another mod to "fix" ultra god rays.

Top Bottom