• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4: PS4 Pro & PC High-Res support detailed

pottuvoi

Banned
I'd like to know more about this. What was different about Sega Dreamcast?
Tile Based Deferred Rendering architecture of the GPU sorted all polygons per pixel for rendering within a tile, including transparent surfaces.
Later TBDR chips lost the ability, so apparently it was costly and not many used it.

Is there anything you have to do to enable the high res pack?

I was surprised after downloading the huge update that the setup options doesnt show anywhere that you have the high resolution set (eg an option to disable, or even just to announce its set and to display a min RAM recommendation)

ah never mind I see its visible in game menu under add ons

Wow the load times are waaaaay higher than I remember them being.

Apart from that, quite pleased - I particularly like how every poster or note or even bugle newspaper you can read all the text, which I always try and do in every game and often you cant read everything (which is annoying on a PC game) framerate seems solid too which was a concern

A lot of the mundane creatures look really creepy and cool looking with the update, even the humble bloatfly and mole rat. Even simple things like going to the bed in a house to sleep and noticing detail never saw before like the tiles and trash on the floor looks nice.

Overall, cool update for free but people who dont have the VRAM - you arent missing too much here. Most of the outdoors looks very similar for example.

Some NPC's also have dramatically increased detail like the first minuteman you meet, looking forward to dressing up the female companions.

shanafan

Does the texture pack finally add in VSYNC option on PC?

Still disabling in NVIDIA control panel since I get screen tearing.. with my 1440p 144hz GSYNC monitor and my 1070.

EDIT: Oh, texture minimum specs is a 1080. But seems like the comments are running the game just fine with their non-1080 setups.

Top Bottom