• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fan remake gives Super Mario 64 a fresh look

Yep. This entire thread is a joke, and goes to show how little of gaf actually knows anything at all about game design...and how few of them have an attention span longer than 20 seconds.

It's a tech demo using temporary assets to show off the physics engine and jumping mechanics. Ffs people...
I hope this comment isn't aimed at myself specifically...

yencid

I think the problem with this thread is the fact that the title itself mentions a fresh look so thats what people actually came in to see.

Wow, looks like he has managed to achieve damn similar physics/feeling to the character movement. If I were him (and if this gets shut down, which it probably will) I would strip it of all of the Mario assets and try to make an original game with it. Lord knows we need more 3D platformers in the world besides the one good Mario game we get every few years.

The constant complaining about the graphics makes me want to punch someone. Holy crap, so much rampant ignorance.

I gotta say, he got the physics and jumping mechanics down perfectly. That's bloody impressive.

Top Bottom