• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry Primal |OT| The Land Before Towers

Karak

Lets be honest.
Who here though the first spirit scene(animals) was probably prerendered at first lol. Or some other fakery? It looked almost too good for a second. And before anyone freaks I just mean right when it flashed up before you could pixel count and all that

This is one of those games where I start and it's 8 o'clock and what feels like an hour later turns out 4, and it's midnight. Fuck lol

I really love those random moments in the game... I see some badguys, try to sneak behind them to take them out quietly, then out of nowhere a deer is running out of the trees being chased by three wolves. One wolf goes after deer the other two go after those guys. I think fine, will kill whatever is left, then a fucking bear is coming like crazy and he joins the fight but he goes after wolves not the guys. So the wolves took the guys out, the bear beat the shit out of the wolves and I just killed the bear with a spear to the head lol Fucking love it :D

Dead

well not really...yet
Yo, this game feels like what Fry Cry was always meant to be (at least since 2)

Everything that Ubi-soft threw into the pot in 3 and 4...here it finally feels like it belongs and that it gels with the game we are presented with. I literally spent the entire last two hours just hunting, gathering and doing little side missions.

Can't wait to play more.

Proc

Sat down with it for the first time tonight. Squeezed in an hour and became fully immersed. I definitely echo the recommendation of disabling the hud. What a beautiful landscape to run around and explore in.

Very impressed so far. I think it will be one of those games that has mediocre critical appeal but will hit home with a large subset of the farcry fan base.

Karak

Sat down with it for the first time tonight. Squeezed in an hour and became fully immersed. I definitely echo the recommendation of disabling the hud. What a beautiful landscape to run around and explore in.

Very impressed so far. I think it will be one of those games that has mediocre critical appeal but will hit home with a large subset of the farcry fan base.

Hey one nice thing. I think its still number 1 on the amazon sales lists.

FYI you can lead prey animals to cliffs and scare them to their death. Just an FYI

Just want to ask is there definitely no dodging/blocking/parrying in this game, or are these skills you have to unlock?

I usually play the silent archer type, but ran head on into a group of cannibals last night and had to fight them, couldn't figure out a way to block or dodge with my club, so all I could do were these awkward little jumps and running around a tree to avoid getting hit.

Other than that, first impression overall is great, only played for two hours though so time will tell.

I was only able to put in around 2-3 hours but my god is this game a breath of fresh air in comparison with the previous Far Cry titles or every other shooter at that matter.

It has its basic Far Cry formula with the scavenging and same animations but the atmosphere and the fact that dead is always lurking around the corner creates an entirely different game.

Damn this game looks good. I've turned off most of the HUD elements and just immersed myself in the world. I don't know why but I find it more compelling than previous Far Crys.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
3 hours in and I'm having so much fun. Really suprised at how good it is.

Whoever suggested turning off the HUD earlier in the topic is a genius, it really increases the immersion. Just be sure to have directional sound so you can hear stuff sneaking up on you.

I'm playing the game on Xbox One and it's a beautiful game. You can really tell developers are becoming more skilled with the hardware at this point, the game looks noticeably better than Far Cry 4.

GHG

You guys are making the wait for the PC version so difficult.

Think I'll avoid this thread until it releases on the PC.

Karak

3 hours in and I'm having so much fun. Really suprised at how good it is.

Whoever suggested turning off the HUD earlier in the topic is a genius, it really increases the immersion. Just be sure to have directional sound so you can hear stuff sneaking up on you.

I'm playing the game on Xbox One and it's a beautiful game. You can really tell developers are becoming more skilled with the hardware at this point, the game looks noticeably better than Far Cry 4.

Me and your damn welcome lol
#nohudclub

Damn this game looks good. I've turned off most of the HUD elements and just immersed myself in the world. I don't know why but I find it more compelling than previous Far Crys.
So did I. For me its just a very unique timeframe as well.

SentryDown

The quest structure is sooo good, I love how I find myself choosing whatever I want to do (and changing so often) but still having this feeling that I'm progressing towards something bigger. It's an open world after all, I don't want to have a huge playground to be told "go there, do that".

Great job, I can't wait to continue my journey !

Just a few more...

25136533291_91c82079bb_o.png

25229727725_a83dcededc_o.png

25203448886_26046bd2e1_o.png

25229726815_a3e2d0bc7a_o.png

mulac

Whats the verdict on PC/PS4/XBONE with this?

I'm looking at either Farcry 4, Ass Creed Syndicate or this as my next game...unsure.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
What the hell are you supposed to do with the Hunter's Cache stuff? It says to examine the cave painting (which I don't see) to find a rare resource nearby, but I have no idea where to go. In hunter vision there's a bloody handprint on the rock and a puddle of blood that seems to indicate I should climb up some vines, but after that nothing.

Kamina777

Banned
You can have coop even with a Story..

Halo 1 and 2 did that just fine. There was IMO no excuse to have no coop. Would make the game way more interesting.
Halo 1 and 2 have no where near the visual fidelity and attention to detail this game has, I know Ubisoft is a huge developer, but the time and resources this team has to work with makes co-op, heck multiplayer of any kind alot to ask for, I'd love an expansion down the line but creating a solid single player experience was the aim, dialing everything back visually to shoehorn a co-op experience doesn't do anyone any favors.

killroy87

This has one of the best game worlds I've experienced in a long, long time. The sheer scale of not just the size, but the verticality of everything is incredible. It's very, very rare that a world actually makes me feel small Ina game. But the size of these trees coupled with the dense vegetation have created one of the most immersive forest settings I've ever seen in a game.

danowat

Banned
Anyone finished it yet?, anyone put in a lot of hours?, keen to know if the sheen of a new and unique setting wears off, or holds interest for a while.

derFeef

Skipped 4 (although I bought it), I love the atmosphere I see in the videos but I am not sure I can get behind the collectathon and unlocking of stuff. That just always drags me down and takes me away frm the game itself.

leng jai

Went with the PS4 version since the platinum looks pretty easy and trophies are a nice extra incentive when it comes to open world games. Not worried about the port at all after how solid FC4 was.

Captured all of the enemy forts tonight, and completed the rest of the mega hunts. I'm gonna' take a break, because I've put 30 hours into it already.

I tried the Mammoth DLC, but didn't like it much.

Still have no idea of what the sixth mission is/was/or if I even got to do it. I assume I did, though, because nothing stands out as missing.

iFirez

Started playing this last night, really awesome. So unique too - sure it uses the Tried–and–true Far Cry formula, but the time period is rarely explored in games. I must say its refreshing to not be running around a game like this with guns. The bow and spear are awesome. I love how you can ignite your weapons too.

I'm also very scared of wildlife, I was crossing a stone bridge and 2 bears started running from the other side... I ran back, started shooting fire arrows at them, then they began setting all the grass and trees on fire as they ran towards me, so crazy!

Loving the beast master stuff too, really awesome twist on the Far Cry gameplay. I have my wolf friend at the moment, hopefully going to get a bear tonight when I play some more.

prudislav

Still no info on how the pc ver performs? or info on the pc ver at all?

The silence is pretty disappointing.
we have no idea ... no pc review codes were given and the week delay is kinda
alarming to me
... I am also afraid of it being first try with Uplay/Denuvo (Uplay/Denuvo/Steam) DRM combo ... i had quite a lot of issues running Denuvo-protected games in offline
and had similar issues with Uplay on some games...hope they dont fuck it up this time

wouwie

All those pictures really make it hard to resist buying. It seems to look great visually and i love the setting and atmosphere. Also, the world seems quite alive from the videos i've seen.

But deep down i know i'll get bored gameplay wise... the last Far Cry i played was 2 and i got bored with it and i never felt inclinded to buy another one. I'd buy and would just want to explore and play stealth all the time but i don't care about collecting things/keeping healthy/... and stuff like that usually associated with open world games.

KlockreN

Neo Member
What the hell are you supposed to do with the Hunter's Cache stuff? It says to examine the cave painting (which I don't see) to find a rare resource nearby, but I have no idea where to go. In hunter vision there's a bloody handprint on the rock and a puddle of blood that seems to indicate I should climb up some vines, but after that nothing.

I'm at the same spot but i have no clue what too do.
I have tried everything.

ViciousDS

Banned
Skipped 4 (although I bought it), I love the atmosphere I see in the videos but I am not sure I can get behind the collectathon and unlocking of stuff. That just always drags me down and takes me away frm the game itself.

Yes....sadly despite it's positives I'm selling my copy to my buddy because of the padding and collectathon. I'll check it out again later. Love the environments and gameplay though. Night hunting is amazing

Top Bottom