• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast food "secret menus."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsurux

You can still order the "Chicken Strip Sandwich" at Checkers, even though it is not on the regular menu or the "two for" menu anymore....

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I get a quesadilla from Chipotle all the time. It's not on the menu, so I guess that makes it "secret".

I do want to try this biscuits and gravy in Virginian Mcdonalds thing someone said. Do they use gravy in any other item...

I get the Flying Dutchman at In 'n' Out. No frills for me tyvm.

I need to try that one of these days, but I always chicken out at the end...

Also, at my Jamba Juice, we still have the Orange Dream Machine on the menu and luckily the people there don't blink if you ask for the gummy flavors or a sour patch kid. There's one flavor I vaguely remember but can't remember what it's called. It had lime sherbet, limeade and lemonade I believe...

wait, the orange dream machine is now considered a secret item at jamba juice? weird, you can get one at every jamba juice here in socal.

Made good on my dinner plans (under the green is an animal style double double):
20a21d1c.jpg

Haven't had this in nearly two months... So good.

Awesome as they are, animal fries are expensive. Drives the price up from $1.90 to $4.50 or something like that. Which bugs me because an animal burger isn't any extra.

bengraven

God, if there was In and Out in Florida I would just embrace my obesity.

The Chilito was inherited from Zantigo, a vastly superior chain that TB/Pepsi bought out around 1990. In Zantigo markets, people threw a fit when the locations were converted to TB and there was no Chilito, so they reintroduced it. And eventually changed it to the self-explanatory 'chili cheese burrito'. And eventually killed it.

Zantigo has returned in Minnesota. Hoping for a franchise in Cincinnati eventually. Fuck Taco Bell for killing the greatness that was Zantigo.

Forcing my wife to give her two weeks notice and moving back to MN.

My parents will be happy, but I'll never tell them the real reason.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I had well done In-N-Out fries tonight and I hereby confirm they are much better than the standard fries but still not as good as fries from other fast food places.

I had well done In-N-Out fries tonight and I hereby confirm they are much better than the standard fries but still not as good as fries from other fast food places.

I find that they also give you more fries when you order them well-done (as shown in my pic). Animal fries are the best though at In-N-Out.

Valnen

Actually I think you got unlucky. I've even had an employee recommend the "Screaming Orgasm" as a secret flavor, haha.

That was the one I tried at JJ. I was told it doesn't exist. I told them the ingredients (I had written them down before hand because I knew this would happen) and the guy just said that if it wasn't on the menu then there's probably a reason for that, but he'd do it anyway.

This means there's obviously no consistency or training behind these secret menus. Meaning as far as I'm concerned, they should be on the main menu, "image" be damned. If they're so concerned about their image they wouldn't be serving that stuff in the first place anywhere.

That was the one I tried at JJ. I was told it doesn't exist. I told them the ingredients (I had written them down before hand because I knew this would happen) and the guy just said that if it wasn't on the menu then there's probably a reason for that, but he'd do it anyway.

This means there's obviously no consistency or training behind these secret menus. Meaning as far as I'm concerned, they should be on the main menu, "image" be damned. If they're so concerned about their image they wouldn't be serving that stuff in the first place anywhere.
Was it just that one time? The last time i went to a JJ, the guy standing at the register ignored me while playing with his phone and then walked away before I could order. That's not typical in my experience; usually they are ridiculously enthusiastic.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Carl's Jr : Big Burger - Its the size of a famous star, but instead of special sauce uses ketchup and mustard. Its $0.99 cents and doesn't exist on any menu printed after the 1970s I believe. Can be ordered at every chain.

The Big Hamburger is on the nutrition facts poster, but yeah... I've never seen it on the menu. They charge $1.69 for it here, though.

i'm afraid of ordering any secret menu items and having the cashier not know what the hell i'm talking about.

After attempting to order a McGangbang, it doesn't scare me anymore.

For InO, my go-to order was:
double-double extra everyhing, whole grilled onions
Well done fries animal style
Two sides of chile peppers

Damn. Gonna grab InO for lunch tomorrow. Thx GAF

Xeke

Banned
Not exactly a secret item but at McDonalds if you are craving a big mac but not the price order a McDouble minus ketchup and mustard and add mac sauce and lettuce. It's like 1.60 at some places but was free at the last mcdonalds I went to. You can get like two of them for the price of a Big Mac.

And when I say free I mean than only charged me $0.99 for the burger, the changes were free.

I'm suprised the chilli cheese burritos are so limited in their distribution. I get one about once a month from various locations here in St. Louis

WARCOCK

Banned
"KFC/A&W: Poutine - This is a Canadian favorite that includes French fries, fried cheese curds, and gravy layered together"

YOU LIE. FUCK YOU. YOU LIE. BACK THIS UP ASSHOLE. WHERE IN THE US?

Taco Bell: Chili Cheese Burrito – A burrito filled with chili and cheese instead of the usual mixes.

Ok, haven't read the thread, but... what?

Unless something has changed that I'm unaware of, the Chili Cheese Burrito is a standard Taco Bell menu item in Canada and has been for at least 20 years. It isn't in the US?

dark_chris

I wonder if Burger King still does Rodeo Burger. I remember even after it disappeared from the menu, I still ordered it and got it.

Ok, haven't read the thread, but... what?

Unless something has changed that I'm unaware of, the Chili Cheese Burrito is a standard Taco Bell menu item in Canada and has been for at least 20 years. It isn't in the US?

No. It used to be, but was phased out in general for whatever reason back in the 90s. Still available in some places, but it is not part of the standard, nation-wide menu.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
One secret McDonalds burger I remember from working there was the Quarter Deluxe. It's basically a Quarter Pounder but with mayo, lettuce and a tomato. Nothing special really.

Not exactly a secret item but at McDonalds if you are craving a big mac but not the price order a McDouble minus ketchup and mustard and add mac sauce and lettuce. It's like 1.60 at some places but was free at the last mcdonalds I went to. You can get like two of them for the price of a Big Mac.

And when I say free I mean than only charged me $0.99 for the burger, the changes were free.

Did this myself over the weekend. I was $1.31 after tax for altered double cheeseburger.

Did you order extra sauce and onions? Mine are never loaded like that. *drools*

Nope, but the In-N-Out I frequent always tends to be quite generous with the food really. Also helps that I ordered this around 12:30am on a Saturday night (this was my post-Cabin in the Woods meal).

Futureman

This one McDonalds near me had the "Daily Double" value meal for about a month and it went away. I can still order it there and it's delicious. I've tried to order it at a different McDonalds and no luck.

Decent value meal for $3.99.

Tried this at Jamba Juice the other day. Got the Sourpatch Kid. It was delicious, and I felt legitimately awesome walking up and ordering it. The lady didn't look at me weird or anything.

Will try the Pink Starburst next.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I highly doubt there would be such a thing in the UK, so boring over here.

I feel crafty for just asking for a coke with no ice since you get more in the cup. That's about it. Oh and you can annoy them by asking for a Quarter Pounder without Cheese because it catches them off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom