• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast food "secret menus."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably get some In-N-Out for dinner tonight.

Double Double Animal Protein style & well-done fries is how I roll. Usually I drink the lemonade, but may grab a chocolate-vanilla shake instead... Or vanilla-strawberry.

My friend will go into any Wendy's and order a chicken burger with a beef patty on it (or vice versa, I forget). When the cashier looked confused, he leans over the till and hits the correct button on the register.

mmm. had a cheeseburger protein style with whole grilled onion and pickles, and a fry light animal style for dinner last night.

might go to jamba juice today and get a pink starburst lol

A friend of mine would always get the chili cheese burrito at Taco Bell, he got me hooked on them. So a few years back I tried to order one and the girl told me they hadn't made those in over 2 years... I called shenanigans because I most definitely got one about 6 months prior to that... almost got into an argument over the length of a year.

That bitch was crazy.

blind51de

Banned
D8zGm.jpg

They're not dead!

Chilitos have been on the Canadian menu for always. Though it's rare they're ever made properly, the chili is always stale and there's never enough cheese. Also, they keep folding the tortilla more and more so there's less stuff in there (it's got two closed ends now, mmm mouthful of nothing but tortilla so good).

I'm only mad because I loved chilitos so much as a kid.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I love one pounder Big Macs. 4 quarter pounder patties with extra lettuce and Mac sauce. Had it twice... didn't eat or feel good for days after but it's so good going down.

Raistlin

Wasn't aware of KFC having Poutine. I live on the border with Canada (Buffalo Northtowns) ... so if any KFC's should have it in the US, I'd expect them to be around here.

I'll report back once I give it a shot later this week.

Its not a secret menu item but the Fat Guy show on Sirius came up with a brilliant idea - ask for Big Mac sauce on the double cheeseburger.

I guess you got lucky. I think companies should abolish the "secret menu". They're nothing but a headache for consumers.

There are good reasons these are kept "secret," though, and it's easy to see why using Jamba Juice as an example. Jamba pushes an image of a health-oriented alternative to a snack or even a meal. They aren't going to put "White Gummi Bear" or "Pink Starburst" on the menu...not just because of the names, but also because the ingredients do not match their image.

In JJ's case, it is pretty easy to find the ingredients for the secret item you want to try on the internet. If the cashier gives you a blank look, just tell them what's in it and they'll find a way to make it for you.

Example: Secret item "Orange Dream Machine" ingredients: 2 scoops frozen vanilla yogurt, 2 scoops orange sherbet, 1/2 cup low-fat milk, 1/2 cup orange juice and 1/2 cup ice. Bring that list in and even the greenest JJ employee will put it together...good luck getting them to put that on the menu, though.

Heel

I guess you got lucky. I think companies should abolish the "secret menu". They're nothing but a headache for consumers.

Actually I think you got unlucky. I've even had an employee recommend the "Screaming Orgasm" as a secret flavor, haha.

Pink Starburst
White Gummi Bear
Sour Patch Kids
Strawberry Cheesecake / Shortcake

Get familiar.

might go to jamba juice today and get a pink starburst lol

Do it and report back.

sogood.gif

TommyT

When I worked at McDonalds quite some time ago we had a few more:

50 piece nuggets (not really "secret")
HUMUNGO sized drink and fries

aparisi2274

I am pretty sure if I went into a McDonalds in the NYC area and asked for one of those items, they would look at me like I was crazy, which is a shame, because those fries smothered in the mac sauce sounds amazing.

Anyone in NYC ever successfully order one of those items?

Downhome

Every CFA around here will make whatever you want, however you want it, as long as it is in their kitchen. It's nothing fancy, but I've been on a double CFA biscuit kick lately (just an extra filet). It's just the perfect amount to fill me up and keep me going on through lunch.

Runza actually has frings on the menu. Which is disappointing... the first time I had them ask me "fries, rings or frings?", I thought frings would turn out to be something way more imaginative.

genjiZERO

I haven't seen a chili-cheese burrito in years now. For a while I'd randomly see them, but that was at least 4 years ago. I've asked for them too, but have never gotten one so I don't know where these locations that have it are. It would be great though. Taco Bell would be so much better if they brought back Baja gorditas and chili cheese burritos.

blind51de

Banned
Wasn't aware of KFC having Poutine. I live on the border with Canada (Buffalo Northtowns) ... so if any KFC's should have it in the US, I'd expect them to be around here.

I'll report back once I give it a shot later this week.

You should be pleased. Their gravy's tops and the fries and curds adequate. There's no way for them to get it wrong.
It's the only poutine I can stand to eat.

Maffis

Anyone know if MC, BK, Max, Sibylla or any other brand in Sweden has got these kind of secret menus? Would be very interesting to know.

HZKKq.gif

(I fucking want one..but with only two patties)

That's what I thought. 2 would be plenty. 4 quarter pounder patties on a Big Mac is some man vs food shit. I'd make myself sick.

I'm just happy I learned about the Mcdouble into a Big Mac trick from this thread. I didn't know they'd add lettuce if you ask for it. Will they use a sesame bun if you ask ? I remember Jack in the Box used to allow bread substitutions. You could get a 79 cent hamburger on grilled sourdough.

bengraven

When I worked at McDonalds quite some time ago we had a few more:

50 piece nuggets (not really "secret")
HUMUNGO sized drink and fries

Wait, what? What you do mean drink? They have even bigger cups beneath the counter or something?

I miss them, I tried to order one and they acted like they have never heard of it before. I couldn't believe it!

CCB was seriously my favorite food for a long time. I'm convinced that's what set me back down the course of being overweight after having lost 100 pounds the year before. ha

I would bite off one end and suck the stuff out, then eat the soggy shell afterwards.

That's what I thought. 2 would be plenty. 4 quarter pounder patties on a Big Mac is some man vs food shit. I'd make myself sick.

I'm just happy I learned about the Mcdouble into a Big Mac trick from this thread. I didn't know they'd add lettuce if you ask for it. Will they use a sesame bun if you ask ? I remember Jack in the Box used to allow bread substitutions. You could get a 79 cent hamburger on grilled sourdough.

I know you can get Mac sauce on pretty much everything if you ask. Try it with a chicken sandwich sometime.

Iz deliziouz.

Kwixotik

Secret Spice
pak19.jpg

I can see it now.

"Yo, can I get some of that Cajun Sparkle?"
"Excuse me?"
"The Cajun Sparkle! The spice!"
"Sir, this is isn't that kind of establishment. I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

It does sound like a weed strain though

The chili cheese burrito used to be on the menu at Taco Bell.

The Chilito was inherited from Zantigo, a vastly superior chain that TB/Pepsi bought out around 1990. In Zantigo markets, people threw a fit when the locations were converted to TB and there was no Chilito, so they reintroduced it. And eventually changed it to the self-explanatory 'chili cheese burrito'. And eventually killed it.

Zantigo has returned in Minnesota. Hoping for a franchise in Cincinnati eventually. Fuck Taco Bell for killing the greatness that was Zantigo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom