• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast food "secret menus."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they real? Do they have any official standing whatsoever?

I was just reading this list, and some of it sounds awesome.

A few choice ones...
Arby's: Wet Fries - Hot fries smothered in cheese sauce.
BK: Frings - An order of frings will split your French fry order with onion rings.
BK: Suicide Burger - This is a large burger including four meat patties, four slices of cheese, bacon and special sauce.
KFC/A&W: Poutine - This is a Canadian favorite that includes French fries, fried cheese curds, and gravy layered together.
McDonalds: Biscuits and Gravy - This one may only be available in the South – but it’s the classic combination of gravy smothering hot biscuits.
McDonalds: Big McChicken - This is a huge sandwich in which the chicken patties replace the bun.
McDonalds: Fries with Big Mac Sauce - Fries smothered in the secret and special big Mac Sauce.
McDonalds: Land, Sea, and Air Burger - The Land, Sea, and Air burger, has a beef patty, chicken patty, and fillet-o-fish patty all piled high onto a bun.
McDonalds: Root Beer Float - You can pick any size of root beer and they will add the vanilla ice cream on top.
McDonalds: Monster Mac - A big Mac composed of 8 meat patties.
Taco Bell: Chili Cheese Burrito – A burrito filled with chili and cheese instead of the usual mixes.

I mean a lot of it sounds like stuff that they would make you if you asked, but are workers actually taught these names, prices, and directions? I don't see McDonalds actually training people to make "McGangbangs."

I did know a guy who used to work at Chik-fil-a, and swore up and down that they had a secret menu. The best of which was the "fried grilled filet" which was a filet, that was grilled to completion, and then fried. He said they hated making it because it was so complicated, but they have to do it if you ask, and it's the best thing they make. I've never actually asked them to do it, because I'd feel like a moron if they'd never heard of it.

Curtisaur

Forum Landmine
Biscuits and gravy at McDonald's exist here in Virginia.

The chili cheese burrito used to be a regular menu item at Taco Bell, I believe... now I think only a few locations have it. Not sure though.

And isn't that Burger King suicide burger just a Quad Stacker?

whitehawk

Banned
McDouble made like a Mac.

It's basically a BigMac except it doesn't have the bun in the middle, and it's a lot cheaper. Only $1.99 compared to something like $4+ for a big mac.

saunderez

The Double Double Quarter Pounder was originally a menu item, then a secret menu item in Australia. I'm not sure if they still do them but I used to get them all the time when I was at uni.

Sadsic

Arby's: Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich. It was on the menu years ago but they took it off... however you can generally still order it.

ITS FUCKING DELICIOUS

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Hahahaha. Yeah I'm not a fan of their fries either. In fact I don't even like In N Out that much. Their appeal to me is being open till 1:30 am.

I find it overrated as well. It's fine, but for whatever reason I prefer both Burger King and McDonald's. Probably just due to exposure during my upbringing and the addictive chemicals they put in there. I didn't have an In N Out near me in Northern California (East Bay represent!) but there's one just blocks away now that I'm in Orange County.

LProtag

If I ever go to the west coast I'm going to try In-N-Out for sure.

Honestly I feel like if you order any of these things from McDonalds or Burger King with a weird name like that you're just going to get some odd stares.

I never see it on the menu at Burger King, but I've been ordering Rodeo Burgers for at least 7 years.

Recently came off our menus when those new "toppers" came out but I still order one like once every few weeks. These and the spicy chickens(plain) are the best things to get at BK.

what_rhythm

Neo Member
I've had several experiences where a Burger King would not have the Rodeo Burger listed in their menu but I would still be able to order it. Is this considered a secret item?

Loofy

I dont know how poutine can be on a secret menu. The only reason to have cheese curds in stock is to make poutine. Unless youre making poutine out of some other cheese.

butzopower

proud of his butz
Honestly I feel like if you order any of these things from McDonalds or Burger King with a weird name like that you're just going to get some odd stares.

What's weird is at Burger King they still have the icon they used to mark it Rodeo on the wrappers. It may just vary from place to place whether or not it's on the menu boards (limited space / marketing), but I'm sure all their employees know how to make it.

EDIT: Thinking about it, almost all fast food joints have had touch pads for ordering for like, 10 years, and so most of this secret stuff is probably enterable from the register.

whitehawk

Banned
I've had several experiences where a Burger King would not have the Rodeo Burger listed in their menu but I would still be able to order it. Is this considered a secret item?
Same thing with the 'king supreme' or something like that. Used to be on their menu but I don't see it anymore. I can still order it though.

LProtag

What's weird is at Burger King they still have the icon they used to mark it Rodeo on the wrappers. It may just vary from place to place whether or not it's on the menu boards (limited space / marketing), but I'm sure all their employees know how to make it.

I meant more like, if you ordered a "suicide burger" as listed in the OP. Something that they used to have that isn't on the menu is much more feasible to get rather than a special request with a weird name.

I find it overrated as well. It's fine, but for whatever reason I prefer both Burger King and McDonald's. Probably just due to exposure during my upbringing and the addictive chemicals they put in there. I didn't have an In N Out near me in Northern California (East Bay represent!) but there's one just blocks away now that I'm in Orange County.

Wait what part of the East Bay? There's one in Pinole.

FyreWulff

EDIT: Thinking about it, almost all fast food joints have had touch pads for ordering for like, 10 years, and so most of this secret stuff is probably enterable from the register.

Having the Rodeo seems to be up to the franchisee. I know around here it's available at every Burger King in the area except for the one in La Vista on 83rd, and it's not been actually on the menu for a while.

Volcano taco at Taco Bell was the same way.

butzopower

proud of his butz
I meant more like, if you ordered a "suicide burger" as listed in the OP. Something that they used to have that isn't on the menu is much more feasible to get rather than a special request with a weird name.

Makes me just want to make shit up and see what I get.

I'll take an order of Lightning Fries, and a GD Burger, Bobby-style.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
McDonalds: Land, Sea, and Air Burger - The Land, Sea, and Air burger, has a beef patty, chicken patty, and fillet-o-fish patty all piled high onto a bun.

Why is this a secret???

They really shouldn't be using the word "air" unless they mix in at least 51% pigeon meat in there as well.

I always get a three by three at in n out with lettuce, grilled onions, and ketchup only plus fries well done and a neopolitan shake. Feast worthy of a king.

Korey

Are those McDonalds ones real? As in, if you ask for it at any local McDonald's they'll know what you're talking about?

alphaNoid

Banned
In N Out : Unlimited number of whatever you want between 2 buns.
Carl's Jr : Big Burger - Its the size of a famous star, but instead of special sauce uses ketchup and mustard. Its $0.99 cents and doesn't exist on any menu printed after the 1970s I believe. Can be ordered at every chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom