• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then:

@HEELZiggler: ...it only wouldve helped the show and made the match that much better @wwe
#SmackDown
keep doing your thing @WWEUniverse

This guy is fresh out of fucks to give.

strobogo

Banned
What's the story behind that?

Allegedly, Lex was supposed to win the title at WM10, but the weekend (or night before), he told everyone in the bar that he was supposed to win, so Vince changed plans and had Bret win. I'm nearly positive it is a bullshit story that's been passed around for so long online that people accept it.

Edgeward

Charlotte had no sense of storytelling and was more concerned of getting her shit in. Also has a shitty finisher with a dumb set up. Hopefully that changes in the future

antonz

Why would they edit out positive chants for a face?

It wasn't how they want it pretty much seems to be the case. I can understand the need to pipe in noise etc. if the shows are quiet but they spend all their time editing the sound of smackdown all the time to fit their goal even if it means dueling chants while the camera shows everyone sitting on their hands etc.

Universe is going to chant what they want or be edited out

strobogo

Banned
Remember that Dolph and Miz are on the start of a "company doesn't treat us right" angle. Or they were. It seemed to last one night and hasn't really been teased since.

DMczaf

Eva with her good friend Bart #thefuture

eva-bret.jpg

Watching Invasion on the Network.

This is such a bad PPV. The utter burial of ECW and WCW is amazing though :lol

Vince must've had a huge boner that night.

G-Fex

Watching Bash at the Beach 96 and Holy crap Dean Malenko is a fucking midget.

and I wonder who the third man is?

God, the 1999 Royal Rumble had so many jobbers, joke characters, undercard guys and all around goobers. So many times where there'd be either 1 or 0 guys in the ring. just a mess, but kinda a fun mess. I had never seen the Oddities actually wrestle so i was like "who is this fat guy in sweats and south park shirt and generic lucha mask" and then i saw EVERYONE in the crowd swaying their arms back and forth. at least it had stuff like that instead of, like, Royal Rumble 2012, which had character-less jobbers

KissVibes

Banned
I think Ziggler knows that he can command decent paydays on the indie scene and in Japan, not to mention he's a good-looking guy and can probably get a hosting job or something in the media industry, but he'll do the job and wont completely burn the bridge.

Edit: I really hope that Mojo Rawley is actually just incredibly excited to be wrestling and it isn't 'acting'. He has an endearing quality to him; He's not too great at wrestling but I think if he's passionate and truly wants to be there, that can take him very far in being liked.

do we have a march thread going up, or are we just sticking to this
Edit: I really hope that Mojo Rawley is actually just incredibly excited to be wrestling and it isn't 'acting'. He has an endearing quality to him; He's not too great at wrestling but I think if he's passionate and truly wants to be there, that can take him very far in being liked.
that's basically why i like him despite him being green as grass. I think he passed up a huge football contract so he could become a wrestler, which i think is rad

Aiii

So not worth it
And then:

@HEELZiggler: ...it only wouldve helped the show and made the match that much better @wwe
#SmackDown
keep doing your thing @WWEUniverse

This guy is fresh out of fucks to give.
Yeah well, what are they going to do, bury him even more? Ziggler has been getting the worst burial ever, or at least the worst in the past decade or so. Not really much else they could do to him.

"Knee plus" sounds like an Icy Hot spin off brand. Turrble.

Should've been Dragon's Breath gotdammit.

You haven't thought this through with the WWE announce team, the people that stuck with flying goat...

*Bryan attempts the move and misses*
"uh-oh! we've got a case of bad breath Maggle!"

*Bryan hits the move*
"Of course Bryan's halitosis knocked him out Maggle, who could withstand that goatfaced stench?!"

"He ain't got any fire though Maggle, just a bunch of hot air!"

"I smell like smoke because i've been through fire Maggle, but I don't want to know what I'd smell like coming out of goat breath!"

Good times

e; Big reason I don't watch Smackdown is because of all the edited chants and that stupid seagull pop. Fuck that noise.

Same.

It also doesnt help they do a really poor job with the crowd editing so you have this super loud white noise of a crowd that is drowning out the match and the commentary team.

Makes the entire production look like shit.

Good times

e; Big reason I don't watch Smackdown is because of all the edited chants and that stupid seagull pop. Fuck that noise.

I watched Ziggler's promo last night and I always feel like he should be better than he is. Like either he tries to do too much with it, or WWE won't let him write his own stuff and he overacts what they give him... something is off. He does have personality. We've seen it. He just can't put it together on the mic for some reason.

Also, I did like Batista's promo but I think it would've been hilarious if WWE kept trolling us by trying to push him as a valiant babyface and watch the Universe lose their collective minds. Have him fight guys like Curtis Axel and then watch the whole crowd get behind Curtis for the first time in his life. Would've been interesting.

Ziggler seems like exactly the kind of wrestler WWE keep saying they want but secretly due to backstage politics they dont actually want.

He is talented, He is hungry, He isnt afraid to take a stand and piss people off because the product is shit and talent is being wasted.

How many interviews have we seen where triple H or Cena says talent is afraid to stand up for themselves and make some noise and shake some cages?

Sblargh

Banned
After arrival is painful to go back to Cole and JBL, i.e., two guys basically ignoring the match in order to try to convince the public how they should be feeling right now.

Ziggler seems like exactly the kind of wrestler WWE keep saying they want but secretly due to backstage politics they dont actually want.

He is talented, He is hungry, He isnt afraid to take a stand and piss people off because the product is shit and talent is being wasted.

How many interviews have we seen where triple H or Cena says talent is afraid to stand up for themselves and make some noise and shake some cages?

I agree but I think there are ways to do it. Like when Punk or Shawn in the 90s or even HHH pre-Stephanie did it, they pushed the envelope on camera and cut these interesting promos and weren't afraid of anything (at least it seemed that way). All Ziggler does is have these passive aggressive tweets that doesn't get any traction with 90% of the audience. If all you did was watch the show and not go on Twitter or read about backstage stuff, you'd think Ziggler is a good little soldier who likes doing what he's doing. I honestly don't think Ziggler has a 'Pipe Bomb' promo in him, so I don't see him getting where he wants to get with WWE.

Ithil

I notice that for the NXT arRIVAL video, at the start with its montage of past and present stars before showing the NXT crew, the last person they show is Bryan. I kinda love how nervous the WWE seem of messing with Bryan or ignoring now that they're sort of being held hostage by the crowd, since the Rumble. They basically have to treat him as a top face properly or the crowd will shit on their show.

Obviously, he will become a big star and justify his position, but it's that push to said position they were always unwilling to give, til now.

Is Charlotte any good in the ring, brehs?

She's extremely green, only been wrestling maybe a year or less, but pretty solid for that level of experience. She's crazy athletic, since she was a gymnast, so I think she'll become very good after a few years.

Vylash

After arrival is painful to go back to Cole and JBL, i.e., two guys basically ignoring the match in order to try to convince the public how they should be feeling right now.

Seriously, the NXT guys actually calling moves and highlighting the storytelling going on was so amazing, puts all other announce teams to shame

Is Charlotte any good in the ring, brehs?

She's not too good now, but she's absolutely dripping with potential, keep your eyes on her

FyreWulff

Nobody is going to rattle cages in the WWE because there's no point in doing so while Cena and Orton continue to be active. You're just going to get fed to one of them. Even if they're not pulling creative control clauses and shitting on the booking, Vince will have you buried for threatening the cash cows, because he doesn't understand having multiple top wrestlers is better than having a single one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom