• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozone

Does it weird anyone else out that on all the Network original content (including ArRival), there's no WWE logo in the corner?

strobogo

Banned
Legit Shook Superbrawl VIII REMASTERED

So it takes basically the whole PPV since jumping around is hard to do still, plus at least an hour resizing and respeeding things, then another maybe half hour editing the posts at the site. This is going to be a happening, Jess.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Renee Young so intimidated by Big Dave. Good interview. Dave's full heel baby!

Carnby

"I say what I feel, and I mean what I say" -Batista

That was lame. Writers, get your act together. "I say what I mean and I say it mean" would have been better than that awkward statement they went with.

"I say what I feel, and I mean what I say" -Batista

That was lame. Writers, get your act together. "I say what I mean and I say it mean" would have been better than that awkward statement they went with.

Seems like you have a problem with Brotista's lines.

Well...

DEAL WITH IT

Edgeward

I hope when real americans sadly break up, Cesaro gets to keep the we the people. Even though it probably wont make sense, it is hard to come up with a catchphrase and taunt people can go with and dammit it such a good taunt. Cant let it be wasted on Swagger

krae_man

Watching the Ric Flair documentary. HHH says "the ultimate thing in this business is to be able to go into the ring and at the end have both guys come out better then they went in"

:lol

Edgeward

This video package for Cameron has the opposite intended effect. I hate her more now, just give the title to one of the bellas if they are so hung up on giving it to a total diva for their season finale.

Zertez

With all the talent they have on the roster now, I dont understand why they continue to spend so much time on Smackdown showing clips from the previous RAW. It is understandable when the roster was thin and they needed to waste time, but they have more than enough talent to give fans a quality product in the ring, even if it is mid card or up and coming talent. With Raw being 3 hours now, you would think they have more than enough time to build up ppv matches without using Smackdown as a RAW highlight show. I know some matches may not fit story lines perfectly, but if they have several stars or teams issue open invitations to fight any time or place then that opens the door for them to fight any person on the roster.

I find it funny they are scrambling to turn Batista heel as the crowd continues to boo him. The creative team seems to have no clue why people cheer for Daniel Bryan, so it makes sense they would be just as lost when the same crowd boos Batista. It seems like someone pushed pause on Batistas career in the WWE and he is acting like it is 2008 still. Even Batistas insults to the fans are outdated by 6 years, insulting the fans by saying they work at Hot Topic is pathetic and sad.

The secondary panel of analyst that give commentary on what has happened on the show so far is also a huge waste of time. It gave Triple H's friends airtime at first, but now it is just random wrestlers or "guest" telling fans what they already know from watching the show. The NBA/NFL/NHL having a panel to commentate during halftime makes sense, but to have the same panel with WWE that adds little except to say something was awesome or wave to the crowd is a horrible idea imo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They know why Bryan is cheered, they aren't idiots.

They did think that the natural face reaction most returning stars would last for Bats but he fell into the trap that not having Bryan in the rumble even though he wasn't advertised and in fact said he wasn't in the rumble needed a scapegoat. Rey in many ways got it worse.

They were always going to turn Batista Heel eventually as he's an awful face and he's probably going to be Orton's replacement as the guy the Authority uses to keep Bryan down. The Boo-tista thing just sped it up.

krae_man

The WWE's problem is they have been ignoring the audience for years on the basis of "It's only the internet smarks who think that way. They are only 5% of the audience and the other 95% likes what we are doing".

Problem with that is

1) It was never true. The smark audience was way higher then 5%. Not saying it's 90% or anything but it was damn sure more then 5% and it was definitely a significant percentage of most televised live audiences.

2) Daniel Bryan is over with EVERYBODY. They can bury Zack Ryder and Antonio Cesaro without the 5 year old Cena fan and 60 year old grandmother even noticing, but when they did it to Bryan the entire crowd was "hey, what the hell are you doing?"

The Daniel Bryan thing started with "shut up you smarks, you don't know where we are going with this" when we all knew the plan was to kill the angle after the burial but before the payoff. Zack Ryder never got a payoff with his Kane burial. Ziggler never got a payoff with his Del Rio Burial. Christian never got a payoff with his creative burial. We've seen it over and over again.

The difference this time was the non smarks noticed.

somedevil

Reading the NXT spoilers. Man the Adam Rose gimmick sounds amazing:

2. Adam Rose beat Camacho with his lariat. This new gimmick is fantastic. Rose comes out leading a Village People-esque dance posse and performs a trust fall into their arms from the apron before they body surf him around the ring. The crowd eats it up. Just great. So much fun

Also, Mojo has a famous friend:

1. Mojo Rawley beat Bull Dempsey. New England Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski was in the crowd wearing a Mojo shirt.

Yeah watching that backstage pass; Bryan is soooo getting the strap.

Ok ball park with me here; With the card we think we know now, how long do you think Mania goes? I'm gonna say 4 hours and change. You can call the lineup a lot of things right now, but stacked isn't the word.

jred2k

Yeah watching that backstage pass; Bryan is soooo getting the strap.

Ok ball park with me here; With the card we think we know now, how long do you think Mania goes? I'm gonna say 4 hours and change. You can call the lineup a lot of things right now, but stacked isn't the word.

Wasn't the airing of 29 like four-and-a-half hours if you include the Barrett/Miz match? I'd say it will run about the same this year, 6:30-11. There will probably be additional stuff on the network all day, though. Hopefully we get an hour special of all the Axxess stuff from the weekend.

DMczaf

If they do Bryan vs Triple H for a shot at being put into the WM title match, please ban Bryan from all bars the night before. Don't pull a WMX Lex Luger, Daniel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom