• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers Website (Releasing NA 26.12.09)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
A friend translated the part about the Selkie guy from the new scan. Nothing really new but it looks like the world is indeed ruled by the Lilties once again. The rest of the page are random emphatic sentences about heroic scenes and defeating misterious demons through the sky using a rifle while controlling objects around with your power and shit, no gameplay details. I love all the exclamation points they use so I left them.

-Quais/Kuais
A citizen of freedom!
Layle's partner from the Selkie tribe, someone who you can really put your trust upon!!

"You didn't try enough." (the subtitle on the screen with Quais and Layle. The text blurb to the side is [Layle's partner!])

[Mysterious attack!] (blurb over the screen where Amidatelion is over Layle)

'A big event in the world ruled by the Lilty tribe!!'

A military nation. A world ruled by the Lilty tribe is the stage!
When a member of the rumored destroyed ancient Yuke tribe appears, Layle's adventure begins!!

The member of the Yuke tribe who wants destruction!
After that meeting, Layle goes in search of his partner Quais whereabouts!!

I've been playing my life as king and i'm loving it so far.. great game for $15! i just need to find out what addons to buy.

This game hopefully will be mroe classic final fantasy.. but the crystal chronicle games are pretty whacky.. but i do like them.. just not quite as much as the main series.

So two of the scratch cards in Echoes of Time feature Layle. One of them is the screen of that scene where he's confronting Amidatelion. The other one is this:

10hkh0o.jpg

Thought this was pretty neat. Also while on the topic of the scratch cards, I really liked this one:

2yl8dp4.jpg

:lol

flintstryker said:
Remember that time when everyone thought that this game was canceled?

Actually, I always said that it wasn't.

Also:

10hkh0o.jpg

This is the weapon or whatever that he threw away in the first trailer, before he did his bail out.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/19985.html

I can not believe the game hadn't even been started then. I mean, they must have had most of the ideas for it done, because you can see the same city and guards and gameplay mechanics.

Dascu

I can not believe the game hadn't even been started then. I mean, they must have had most of the ideas for it done, because you can see the same city and guards and gameplay mechanics.
They probably meant that very first CG trailer back when the Wii was unveiled.

flintstryker said:
Remember that time when everyone thought that this game was canceled?
It was hard to ever believe this was vaporware, though, especially to me who remembered Ring of Fates.

It was announced alongside the DS and took years to materialize.

Boerseun

Banned
Graphics as a whole already look better than anything Square Enix put out last gen. I'm thinking they can push the Wii a bit more though. Even so, I bet this is going to be a blast to play! :D

BikoBiko

Well the radar in those screens shows a lot of enemies walking around, so the overworld probably won't be as barren as we've seen in the vids :D

Dreavus

Prime Blue said:
4Gamer.net has the four nice shots non-recompressed and without a logo.

34ife6q.jpg

Hell yes
. Although it's a bit different, I really like the design of the Yukes (or Yuke?) in this game. I guess it could just be Amidatelion in particular, but to me they look even more strange, mysterious, and weird than in previous installments (I mean that in the best possible sense :D ).

I'm hoping Square didn't really drive one of their more unique races to extinction, and that we'll see more of them than just the main antagonist.

Twig

Banned
Dreavus said:

Hell yes
. Although it's a bit different, I really like the design of the Yukes (or Yuke?) in this game. I guess it could just be Amidatelion in particular, but to me they look even more strange, mysterious, and weird than in previous installments (I mean that in the best possible sense :D ).

I'm hoping Square didn't really drive one of their more unique races to extinction, and that we'll see more of them than just the main antagonist.
Hear fuckin' hear!

I always played as a Yuke in CC. ):<

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I don't get how the Selkies are an entirely different race than the Clavets. They are just gypsies.

You have Lilties who are plants and yukes who are birds and two human tribes? Missed opportunity

Twig

Banned
John Harker said:
I don't get how the Selkies are an entirely different race than the Clavets. They are just gypsies.

You have Lilties who are plants and yukes who are birds and two human tribes? Missed opportunity
Dude. Lumping us humans in with the gypsies?

Not fucking cool, okay. Geez.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Game looks fine. It's not particularly amazing graphically, but it's good enough, and if its seamlessly open world I'll be impressed. I have a hunch it will be out this year so I doubt we'll see many, if any, graphical improvements at this point.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Who's composing the score, again? I like it, but I am going to miss Kumi Tanioka's melodies. :(

John Harker said:

As a former Selkie player in Crystal Chronicles I feel disenfranchised by your comment. :(

Fuu

Regulus Tera said:
Who's composing the score, again? I like it, but I am going to miss Kumi Tanioka's melodies. :(
Hidenori Iwasaki. He worked with Tanioka in the GC FFCC ost.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
pakkit said:
ZELDA KILLER

I think we don't know enough about the game to say whether it takes its cues from Zelda or not. Open world + no leveling doesn't automatically equal Zelda-like.

That said, this game could be the first Final Fantasy I buy since I started games :D.

pakkit

Banned
EatChildren said:
...was three years ago.

2dvrlh2.jpg
That's not a Beyond Good & Evil picture...

Kilrogg said:
That said, this game could be the first Final Fantasy I buy since I started games :D.
Me too. I've always hated the FF franchise (random battles at first, then the uncanny valley/annoying characters last generation), but this looks legit.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
pakkit said:
Me too. I've always hated the FF franchise (random battles at first, then the uncanny valley/annoying characters last generation), but this looks legit.

Uncanny valley? The games would have to have a realistic artstyle for that to happen.

Fuu

Prime Blue said:
Excite down, his contribution there was very minor.
He still worked very closely to Tanioka and was also responsible for what was achieved in the ost. Here's what she says in this interview from 2008:

Kumi Tanioka said:
I should start by mentioning that when I was involved in the original Crystal Chronicles I was looking at the illustrations of the game world and thought of world music. More like world music in a broad sense, where music is not limited to a single country or culture. I thought that would be perfect for this game. Also, at that time I think it was fortunate that [Hidenori] Iwasaki, who was the synthesizer operator, came across a music group called "ROBA House" that played traditional and ethnic music.

The music of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles was created as I externalized this notion of what I believed to be perfect for the game, and at the same time I learned about the distinct characteristics of assorted regional music. Also, I truly enjoyed composing. I believe the talent of Iwasaki-san who did the fantastic technical work without losing the sense of the game world was one of the greatest factors in bringing out the significance of that world.
http://www.rpgfan.com/features/tanioka-interview/index.html

So I think he's pretty aware of how Crystal Chronicles music is supposed to sound like. It will be interesting to see how this new "Clavat action hero twist" will be handled by him. Wikipedia lists some of his other works for anyone who's interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidenori_Iwasaki

Fuu said:
He still worked very closely to Tanioka and was also responsible for what was achieved in the ost. Here's what she says in this interview from 2008:

http://www.rpgfan.com/features/tanioka-interview/index.html

So I think he's pretty aware of how Crystal Chronicles music is supposed to sound like. It will be interesting to see how this new "Clavat action hero twist" will be handled by him. Wikipedia lists some of his other works for anyone who's interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidenori_Iwasaki
His skills as a sound bank programmer and arranger are profound, yes, but that says little about his original compositions in this series.

Twig

Banned
He was involved with Legend of Mana.

I have the utmost faith in him.

(Okay so it helps me even though I know logically one person does not make the whole thing.)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
TheOneGuy said:
He was involved with Legend of Mana.

I have the utmost faith in him.

(Okay so it helps me even though I know logically one person does not make the whole thing.)
He was a "Synthesizer Operator" on Legend of Mana, not the composer. The greatness of LoM's music was entirely due to Yoko Shimomura

Top Bottom