• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFX HD... still coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wouldn't mind getting a remastered version of X-2, as well. As long as they do a good job. I would like these re-releases to be better than the PS2 versions, without question. I don't think that's asking too much of Square, is it?

B.K.

And not a Toriyama fangame.

Unless we get X-2, too.

I should replay X-2 someday. I don't remember much about the battle system. I need to be reminded why people love it so much.

Given the development time, I could definitely see X-2 being remastered as well. The June release date seems way off though.

X-2 didn't have as much prerendered stuff as X, did it? That would certainly help speed up development of a X-2 remaster.

Squire

Banned
Given the development time, I could definitely see X-2 being remastered as well. The June release date seems way off though.

That's where I'm at too, yeah. Especially given SCEA's two game rule. They're not gonna remaster X and leave it in Japan and ditto for just releasing it as a download.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why would anyone be more excited for LRtina Toriyamaguilera when X-2SUS chrisT could be coming out soon? When will your fave FF game get a remake?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Why would anyone be more excited for LRtina Toriyamaguilera when X-2SUS chrisT could be coming out soon? When will your fave FF game get a remake?

I enjoyed the combat for X-2 despite the crap it gets. I'm excited.

I hope Square has a big showing at E3 this year.

With the new Final Fantasy in the works, as well as Kingdom Hearts and FFX HD due for release (hopefully) this year, I can imagine them at the Sony Conference showing off some good stuff and giving us release dates on games finally. Like, you know, this and XIV PS3.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

With the new Final Fantasy in the works, as well as Kingdom Hearts and FFX HD due for release (hopefully) this year, I can imagine them at the Sony Conference showing off some good stuff and giving us release dates on games finally. Like, you know, this and XIV PS3.

At least we won't get another Eidos-fest like last year's E3 was.

kayos90

I can imagine SE actually doing a short montage of what games to expect from them in the future honestly. And the games that have come out so far.

True enough. I enjoy some of Eidos stuff, but I hear Square and think Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, even The Bouncer... not Sleeping Dogs.

I can imagine SE actually doing a short montage of what games to expect from them in the future honestly. And the games that have come out so far.
They'll have at least one major announcement. I'm certain at this point it's a PS4 exclusive Final Fantasy / Kingdom Hearts.

B.K.

Or will we? Maybe they'll show all the Eidos stuff on the floor and save all the real Square Enix stuff for the mega theater!

But...that gameplay. Particularly the battle system. Today I find it shallow and highly repetitive due to the rock paper scissors system, and the repetitive enemy palette. I'm not sure, as I haven't played it, that the International version would address those issues for me.

Anyone, Aeana? Know if it does?

The gameplay is exactly the same in the International version.

XII's soundtrack was beautiful and sophisticated, and ironically IT made things very pleasant to grind for me.

And on the other hand, I don't dislike it at all, but FFX was hardly significant after the previous few games of soundtracks. It was par for the course, nothing spectacular. Always interesting to see others (usually a younger generation) who put it on a pedestal.

I agree 100% with this. Don't really get what everyone sees in FFXs soundtrack. The only really memorable songs were Zanarkand, Someday The Dream Will End, Otherworld and Fight With Seymour.

Meanwhile FFXII has one of my all time favorite soundtracks, probably second favorite in the main series FF games.

legacyzero

Banned
I think we pretty much all silently rent conned the name to "Ty-dus"

So, less good games on display?
;b
Nope. Well, I would be guilty, but I remember reading online a quote from a dev stating that it was "Tee" and not "Ty".

Otherwise, yep.

Lawd, it's so weird seeing this lingo outside of our special playpen ;-p

Upward and onward - FFX/X-2 double pack, and then FFXII/Valkyrie Profile 2 double pack to complete the triumvirate of PS2 Square games (DQ8 excepted) people actually care about.

No offense to Kingdom Hearts and Drakengard, but really now.

Squire

Banned
Nope. Well, I would be guilty, but I remember reading online a quote from a dev stating that it was "Tee" and not "Ty".

Otherwise, yep.

Oh, that is the official pronunciation of course, I just figure most people disregard it. A character in KH2 pronounces his name "Ty-dus" at one point, also. I remember people hearing that and wondering if Square NA was subliminally admitting they messed up.

Zoe

Oh, that is the official pronunciation of course, I just figure most people disregard it. A character in KH2 pronounces his name "Ty-dus" at one point, also. I remember people hearing that and wondering if Square NA was subliminally admitting they messed up.

Well, Teeda is actually a real word, but since nobody in America knows Okinawan, it just makes sense for them to go with "tide."

kayos90

Well, Teeda is actually a real word, but since nobody in America knows Okinawan, it just makes sense for them to go with "tide."

Yup. Plus the romaji is very much like Latin in terms of pronunciation.

P.S. Hello fellow Austinite.

Squire

Banned
You would think Square NA would think, "Okay, Tida = water. Tida? Tidal! Tidal wave = water! We'll localize the name as "Ty-dus"" but I guess not!

Zoe

You would think Square NA would think, "Okay, Tida = water. Tida? Tidal! Tidal wave = water! We'll localize the name as "Ty-dus"" but I guess not!
Actually it means "sun."

P.S. Hello fellow Austinite.

Maybe as the numbers keep increasing, the social will outnumber the anti-social, and the meetup will finally happen!

<-- anti-social

Oh man. Watching that glitch video.

Remember when Final Fantasy had those menu sounds?

When it had the fanfare?

When Moogles made sound effects rather than actually saying "Kupo"?

Square-Enix really has no idea what it's doing for me right now.

Even if Versus XIII is good and not a ridiculous, non-sensical Nomura-fest, it still is going to most likely have the Kingdom Hearts-inspired gameplay, which for me has always been a mindless button masher, even in the likes of Birth by Sleep.

Regarding XII's music versus X's, while XII's music is of course fantastic, a lot of the great songs are from past Ivalice games, and frankly, the way the unfinished story fell flat made many of the new fantastic tunes a lot less memorable. And of course, Uematsu is just so much more melodic and great and creating songs that weave their way through the soundtrack.

XIII's soundtrack consisted basically of "Blinded by Light" for me. I find Hamauzu very good, but unfortunately forgettable.

As much as I love FFX-2, and I love me some X-2! If Square re-masters X-2 and I not FF12 international, I will rage so fucking hard.

Shadow780

So the reason for International versions is to make westerners salivate for years in order to charge $60 for those HD remakes, EACH.

/tinfoilhat

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I still wonder how they'll deal with the pre-rendered areas. Maybe they'll crop it?

B.K.

I still wonder how they'll deal with the pre-rendered areas. Maybe they'll crop it?

Hopefully they still have the source files and they can use the 3D versions, instead of just upscaling them. That's probably part of what's taking so long with the game.

reKon

Banned
I agree 100% with this. Don't really get what everyone sees in FFXs soundtrack. The only really memorable songs were Zanarkand, Someday The Dream Will End, Otherworld and Fight With Seymour.

Meanwhile FFXII has one of my all time favorite soundtracks, probably second favorite in the main series FF games.

Honestly I know everyone differ in opinion, but for some reason I can't take this one seriously, lol. Don't make me start posting amazing FFX tracks because FFXII will lose that battle easily.

Almost nothing in FFXII was that memorable and it wasn't melodic at all. Much different style of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom