• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFX HD... still coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
God, I was going to get this for PS3 and just be happy, but now the thought of being able to play FFX on mobile in my bed is amazing. If I was to see a VITA selling for stupid cheap, I now have a legitimate reason to buy it.

It would be because down the road, I know that if I buy a PS4 in 3-4 years, I'll be able to still use the VITA for remote play, if I do finish beating FFX HD for the 3rd time.

FFXII would be amazing to get an HD version of too! Despite the games lackluster soundtrack compared to one of the best of all time (FFX's) the characters, the open world, and combat were all great. I only made it like 20 hours into that game and never finished it.

EDIT: Vita is $250? Ughh. Considering how powerful it is, that price isn't necessarily crazy, but I think I'd have to get it for at most $175 to bite

Aurizen

anyone know when we'll get more news about this rumor?

FFXHD_rumors.jpg

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
FFXII would be amazing to get an HD version of too! Despite the games lackluster soundtrack compared to one of the best of all time (FFX's)
Some people have very different opinions than me ... :p

Cornbread78

The problem with this is that Kitase said that they want to put the remakes on xbox 360 as well so, that kind of limits their player base. How would it be on Vita?

well, most likely these remakes would be PS brand only, so the touch screen interface on VITA sould work just fine for Revenant Wings...

Syril

Inclusion of International content is all but guaranteed. There's no way they're leaving that out.

Didn't that content include superbosses appearing out of nowhere to block your way into a bunch of the areas at the end of the game?

Tizoc

FFX-2 HD would be neat, I've been wanting to play it since I heard the gameplay was good. Really hope X and X-2 get released by Late 2013 XP

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Where does the X-2 rumor come from?

Mario007

Has ANYTHING been shown from that Destination Playstation event yet?
It's NDA event. Last year we got leaks of Sleeping Dogs and LBP but from what was said since Sony was showing GoW Ascencion and that didn't leak until the official announcement 2 months later.

Mokubba

I did actually hear from someone some time ago that it will definitely be both FFX and FFX-2 coming out.
I was hoping he was wrong since he also said Versus is now multiplatform and will probably release late 2014 in Japan.

Kyon

Banned
wait.......... WAIT you guys... im literally CRYING... i cant X-2SUS ChrisT .. is it really possibly being CONSIDERED? The best FF game ever? The most iconic female in RPG gaming history? Someone hold me... i cant take this ;__;

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
wait.......... WAIT you guys... im literally CRYING... i cant X-2SUS ChrisT .. is it really possibly being CONSIDERED? The best FF game ever? The most iconic female in RPG gaming history? Someone hold me... i cant take this ;__;

Calm down. GILGAMESH isn't in either of those. Therefore they automatically suck.

Kidding.

Srsly calm down.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Could someone please mention where that rumor actually comes from before more people flip out and its just a GAF member saying "FFX2 WILL COME TOO!!!".

If there's a 2 games requirement to release an HD remaster, I wonder how they could release FF XII? If FF X will be packed with FF X-2 which make sense, I'm trying to find what game could be packed with XII. I'm guessing it could be an HD remaster of FF XII: Revenant Wings. :p Otherwise they could simply release the game on psn like Capcom did with Okami I guess.
XII would make the most sense to rerelease with FFT:WotL, which is already getting a ton of HD assets redone for the iOS/Android version of the game.

Kyon

Banned
Could someone please mention where that rumor actually comes from before more people flip out and its just a GAF member saying "FFX2 WILL COME TOO!!!".

H6j1JBs.png

Ive followed and spoken with her for years now. I've never seen her be wrong on rumors.

Toma

H6j1JBs.png

Ive followed and spoken with her for years now. I've never seen her be wrong on rumors.

Uuuh... So there is a bunny... and some black hieroglyphs...

(Help?)

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yuna is my Gilgamesh tho... ok i will just hold me with your 8 arms ;__;

I would but searching for the BLADE of LEGEND comes first! And Yuna's Staff does not bear the resemblance of the blade I SEEK!

HA HA HA HAH!

-----------------------

And the source for the rumor is 2ch.

KtSlime

Uuuh... So there is a bunny... and some black hieroglyphs...

(Help?)

It's Japanese not hieroglyphs.

The report here? FF10 for the PS3 really looks like a full remake - close to FF13 - the real render is like the pre-render. Goes on sale at the end of June. They are also in the process of remaking FF10-2 and such was written, I wonder if that is really the case? lol, Well, there is no source, just a rumor.

Something to that effect.

As for the New Game+ glitch thing, I'd much rather see FFX have a proper New Game+ like FFX-2, to be honest.

That, and multiple difficulty levels. The CTB is brilliantly designed for gameplay depth, but the enemy design just about never really reflects that because the game is so damn easy. I want a game in which all enemy formations are challenging and every boss is as tough as Seymour Flux, damnit.

A proper FFX NG+ would basically keep all boosts taught to Aeons, keep all equipment, and keep all Sphere Grid customizations, but reset the Actual characters' Sphere Grid progress back to zero. You'd actually have to be thoughtful about how you constructed your customized sphere grid.

Narolf

Banned
As for the New Game+ glitch thing, I'd much rather see FFX have a proper New Game+ like FFX-2, to be honest.

That, and multiple difficulty levels. The CTB is brilliantly designed for gameplay depth, but the enemy design just about never really reflects that because the game is so damn easy. I want a game in which all enemy formations are challenging and every boss is as tough as Seymour Flux, damnit.

So I would, of course. Pulling it was just fun.

And yeah, I crave for higher difficulty in FF. All of them are so damn easy, it's ludicrous. FFXIII worsen my IQ I swear. It really became apparent when I've got to play Mother 3 and P3P, even in Normal.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

And yeah, I crave for higher difficulty in FF. All of them are so damn easy, it's ludicrous. FFXIII worsen my IQ I swear. It really became apparent when I've got to play Mother 3 and P3P, even in Normal.

FF1 NES Warmech was pretty cool. or FF3 NES.

They don't make em like they used to.

Narolf

Banned
Didn't play those. The only two FFs pre-VII I've got to play were IV and VI, and they had me bored rather quickly. Must have spent no more than 10 hours into them.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Didn't play those. The only two FFs pre-VII I've got to play were IV and VI, and they had me bored rather quickly. Must have spent no more than 10 hours into them.

Well the NES ones could get tedious and idiotic. So you probably wouldn't last long.

But I don't really consider XIII series, games, if you know what I mean. Not my type of game anyway.

I thought both FFXII and XIII were surprisingly challenging after a string of easy FFs starting from VI all the way to X. The DS version of FFIV is also plenty challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom