• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFX HD... still coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

Aibo from FFReunion tweeted an interesting rumor.

Roughly translates to "FFXHD's latest screenshot (PS3 version) is comparable to almost FFXIII. The game is coming in June. FFX-2 HD is also planned."

Original source of rumour is here.

no way it will look anything close to XIII. they would have to remake the entire game from scratch.

they really should pack in X and X-2.

edit: how trustwrothy is this aibo? is this the person who runs FFreunion?

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Looking forward to see how this pans out!

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Judging from the latest screens that's not the case.

Not even THAT far though. If they're also re-working animations, adding special effects in battles and so on, while not being identical, it will deliver the same sensations. The VITA's version was really GOOD looking I tell you.

Exentryk

Destination Playstation is in Arizona, which is why I highly doubt they showed FFX there.

Well, the original source didn't mention Destination PlayStation. Not sure where Aibo added it from. I asked him on twitter, but he didn't clarify. Just said the rumor is slighly reliable.

So just to confirm, this is PS3 and Vita right? I sold my Vita but will 100% buy for PS3 if so.

Yes.

Wow, Square Enix sure don't disappoint on that coming soon franchise. There's loads of bulk and content. They don't need to release other games when they're releasing copious amounts of coming soon.

But really, as long as this is taking, I hope there is a lot of added extra content to this remake and loads of completely unique and improved textures which will put Final Fantasy X on PC emulator to shame. If it is taking them this long to basically make what looks like Final Fantasy X in PCSX2 on the PlayStation 3, something is wrong.

This needs to be Final Fantasy X International Version HD++

Or Final Fantasy 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 10. I kind of regret that this is going to be a PlayStation 3 exclusive. I'd much rather have the definitive version of Final Fantasy X on my PC. Maybe they'll make Final Fantasy X for the PlayStation 4, I can only hope. I can't imagine them not wanting to do so when the PlayStation 4 is right on its way in.

By the time this is released, people will already be buying PlayStation 4s.

raven777

Maybe that's why is taken so long?

FFXHDVita_01.jpg

we have seen the glmipse of its visual on Vita version, which is better than the original but nowhere near XIII.

Of course this was Vita version, but I can't see PS3 version being completely different from this. Unless they are making a completely different version from Vita, which I highly doubt, it will just look higher res version of the Vita version.

I hope the rumor is true, but I just can't see it happening.

Wazzy

Banned
I hope X-2 HD happens. Best battle system in the series and one of the most fun FF's. On the go X and X-2 would be amazing.

As long as FFX HD (and FFX-2 HD, if it's coming) are the definitive versions, (all content from every version present), I will definitely buy them both.

its kinda sad that PS4 is not BC with PS3. i dont want to spend alot of money on current systems anymore :/
specialy since i am a day one owner of new systems i like. so i will be investing alot on that system plus games.

so i might skip this one unless they release it on PSN for ps4

its kinda sad that PS4 is not BC with PS3. i dont want to spend alot of money on current systems anymore :/
specialy since i am a day one owner of new systems i like. so i will be investing alot on that system plus games.

These games are for the Vita, not the PS3.

gundalf

New Yuna has more Polys, maybe about the same as FF13 Playermodels but without shader and lightning-effects this wont impress anyone.

Mario007

But it for the Vita?

urfe

If this is taking so long because they're doing a massive upgrade to the graphics, then I have no complaints whatsoever.

Would much prefer a well made game two years later, and then a decent one now.

RPGCrazied

So, if June for Japan, this holiday for NA? KH 1.5 HD is already coming in fall, surely they wouldn't release them around the same time.

Neifirst

So, if June for Japan, this holiday for NA? KH 1.5 HD is already coming in fall, surely they wouldn't release them around the same time.

You wouldn't think so, but isn't Lightning Returns being targeted for next February or March? They probably wouldn't want to release two Final Fantasy games in the same quarter on the same system. Additionally, it seems like this holiday would be the best time to go all in on current generation games before PS4/720 take over in 2014.

Go_Ly_Dow

Really curious to see how they handled all the pre-rendered assets/backgrounds and cutscenes.

Also wonder if they will re-work any textures.

SHOW ME SOME PS3 FOOTAGE GOD DAMMIT!

I think that Final Fantasy X on the PlayStation Vita with enchanced graphics and new features coming to the Vita version, those features will be great and the game will be great! You know the main storyline, the main characters and the main features, you're coming back to the Final Fantasy's PlayStation 2 world, see you there!

RPGCrazied

So, they have interest in doing X-2, but sounds like it won't be released in the same package. Maybe they will change their mind. Though if they haven't started on that one, I guess it might be separate purchases.

squall211

So, they have interest in doing X-2, but sounds like it won't be released in the same package. Maybe they will change their mind. Though if they haven't started on that one, I guess it might be separate purchases.

From a business standpoint, they'd be crazy to bundle the games together. I'm sure there's plenty of people (me being one of them) who will day 1 purchase both.

Jarekx

Well, Hopefully the Japanese version is just like International so I can import and change all the menus to English. I don't want to wait for this if I don't have to. :p

Jarekx

FFX HD Collection. That's nice and I will probably buy it on PS3 :)

I'll buy both versions.

My wife wants to play it on PS3 and I want it mostly for my vita. I'll play it on my lunch at work or while she is using the TV. :p

duckroll

The problem with believing a late June release date is that it makes little sense from a marketing stand point. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix was announced at TGS with a trailer, a full 6 months before it's due out in Japan. It was just announced for US release, planned for Fall, which is 6 months or more away.

I just can't see S-E unveiling FFX HD only 3 months before release. It's more believable if they unveil it at E3 (June) and announce a Dec 2013 release date, if you ask me.

Fruitster

X and X-2 were the last Final Fantasies I really enjoyed. Looking forward to playing X again, and if X-2 also makes an appearance then all the better.

Vashetti

Banned
Excited by the X-2 rumours, I bloody loved that game almost as much as X.

Though I wish Square would just come out with it and explain exactly what they are doing.

I doubt even they know actually.

Vashetti

Banned
Please, please,please include a Japanese voices option.

Don't make me listen to the dub again.

Maybe Square could get some of the voice actors back and re-dub some of the more 'suspect' lines?

This could help in them persuading Sony NA to let them release it as a single game by using it as a significant upgrade for a single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom