• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFX HD... still coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxword

Kyon, I've only played the NA release of FFX-2, what am I missing in the international version?

Ho boy, are you missing a lot.

FFX-2 international Last Mission contains a whole new chapter for the game.

It's an epilogue about the girls' final adventure together, and it's pretty poignant.

You get new jobs.

RkBdlym.jpg

You get monster recruitment.

Then you also get the ability to CHANGE party members, including some who are already in the Farplane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EVmNP0Cr6U

We also have ShinRa open up a coliseum, and not just for prizes, you also get multiple superbosses, AND you get the explanation to as how Shinra is (wink wink) linked to FF7's Shin Ra company.

You also, if you felt like it, can beat the hell out of Brother in combat.

We missed out BIG time. FFx-2 international is like a different game in many ways.

marrec

Banned

It's an epilogue about the girls' final adventure together, and it's pretty poignant.

You get new jobs.

Then you also get the ability to CHANGE party members, including some who are already in the Farplane.

We also have ShinRa open up a coliseum, and not just for prizes, you also get a superboss AND you get the explanation to as how Shinra is (wink wink) linked to FF7's Shin Ra company.

We missed out BIG time. FFx-2 international is like a different game in many ways.

So if I'm a fan of FFX-2 then it's worth it to import the International version?

Aeana

To be honest, I didn't really feel like the extra content in FF10-2 was that great, personally. The two new jobs were kinda eh, the monster party member system didn't really amount to much, and the extra dungeon was okay I guess. I wasn't as satisfied with it as I was with FF10 International.

I bet they'll do XII HD if this game sells really well. I would LOVE some XII HD with extra Marks and stuff. There seriously weren't enough.

Kyon

Banned
So if I'm a fan of FFX-2 then it's worth it to import the International version?

YES!!!!

Also there is a "Bare" dressphere which unlocks if you break all the other ones lol basically you are "naked" with plain clothes :p it's definitely superior. Packed with lots of content.

@Aeana while I agree I think for FFX-2 fans who only played the original that Last Mission is a superb addition to the already flawless masterpiece ;)

jaxword

I'd say yes, if you like lots of battles. There's no real new maps (one dungeon only) and it's just a ton of fighting.

But who doesn't want to beat up the weird incestuous creepy hillbilly Brother?

However, I'd also say let's wait until Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and FFX HD come out and see if S-E sees enough profit to justify it.

Maybe we'll all get lucky after all and they'll see there's a market for the International versions.

Kyon

Banned
wait, the what ?

Yes. There is a recruit type system just like what the thief plagiarist FFXIII-2 stole from X-2. It's not that great but it's fun for the extra post game stuff especially.

Just like FFXIII-2 was INSPIRED by you can also recruit human members from the X universe like Tidus, Jecht, Seymour etc

Let me take this moment to tell everyone how beautiful the main theme of X-2 is. It's probably my favorite. I remember when I got the game back when it came out, I would let the game sit at the main menu and just listen to the music.

http://youtu.be/aRpkI1K_lHA

sigh. Memories, memories.

Kyon

Banned
WaiT that what I'm listening to on my iPod at this very moment.

You guysssssss ;__;

Eternity is flawless

That would be silly. Doing that would take as much effort as a new game. I don't know why anybody would think they would do that.

They've released plenty in the past 7 years. some of my favorite games they've ever released.

wouldn't it depend on the engine? Sometimes you can just upscale the models with more polygons and add more detail. I don't know if the initial models have to be made with that in mind though.

Think about GTA4 PC mod. That game is pretty old and bad looking but how is it that some guy added amazing HD detail for the pc version on his own and yet we have a multi million dollar company with lots of experience and resources struggling to do the same? I don't buy into the BS these companies spit out.

I remember talking to Sven from Capcom long ago when he mentioned that the stages and costumes in sf4 take a lot of time and resources to do. Then we have regular users on pc who make their own costumes and backgrounds at a professional level on their own at home in less then a week. That's why I say these companies should be embarrassed with the management so far.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yeah, it was supposed to have Rikku as the main character. Alas, they scrapped it in favor of making XIII.

What a mistake that was.

Should have been about Lord Braska, Auron, and Jecht. That would make things much more interesting.

Comet

I wish I were more excited, but FFX will always mark the decline of the series that ultimately led to FFXIII (and XIII-2 and XIII Lightning Returns, wtf Square) :/

Skilletor

wouldn't it depend on the engine? Sometimes you can just upscale the models with more polygons and add more detail. I don't know if the initial models have to be made with that in mind though.

Think about GTA4 PC mod. That game is pretty old and bad looking but how is it that some guy added amazing HD detail for the pc version on his own and yet we have a multi million dollar company with lots of experience and resources struggling to do the same? I don't buy into the BS these companies spit out.

I remember talking to Sven from Capcom long ago when he mentioned that the stages and costumes in sf4 take a lot of time and resources to do. Then we have regular users on pc who make their own costumes and backgrounds at a professional level on their own at home in less then a week. That's why I say these companies should be embarrassed with the management so far.

I haven't seen any SF4 mods on PC that look as well done as the professional stuff. Care to point a few out? I also don't know much about modding. Just seems to me that taking 3D backgrounds from a ps2 game and making them ps3 quality like FF13 wouldn't be the easiest thing in the world, and then you have to get it running on Vita and PS3 when it's already been shown with other ports that just getting the games running smoothly is an issue.

Levyne

Banned
Must have been an easy way to get the lips to sort of match the dub. Or maybe they actually are saying something similar originally at the end of every other sentence.

JapanGAF chime in?

Edit: More appropriately, I mean "get the dub to match the lips"

I bet they'll do XII HD if this game sells really well. I would LOVE some XII HD with extra Marks and stuff. There seriously weren't enough.

No they won't, it's taking them forever to get this game out the door. XII is a much bigger game and it would take them until 2020 to get it out.

B.K.

I'm sure they won't, but I really wish they would retranslate and redub the game before they release it in America.

Final Fantasy X is probably my second favorite (though that opinion may drop if I ever decide to commit to actually playing it again) to Final Fantasy V, so yay?

Definitely would be a lot more excited about these HD rereleases if I hadn't started PS2/GCN/Wii emulation recently.

the things i hope to see:
NG+
cross play so i can transfer my saves between the two
new content that has never been in the game before!
New Game+ retaining aeon stats/abilities, unlocked Overdrive modes, Sphere Grid customizations, and equipment would be amazing.

FFXII's Strong Mode is the crappiest "NG+" ever, though. Ugh. And FFX-2's is one of the best because it resets your levels.

jaxword

RIP

I can't. Rikku Returns sounds waaaay more interesting. Lord the thought of that.. Ugh

FFX-2 went through a lot of different stages. At one point it there was rumored to be FFX-2:Rikku and FFx-2:Yuna as separate games, sort of like "Gaiden" side stories for each other.

It's really hard to find concrete info on those, though.

ronito

I love FFX, the haters are just wanting to hate. It's certainly in my top 3 Final Fantasies. But that being said after checking the video all I can think is "That's it? All this time and that's it?" Making crappy iOS games must take more resources than I had thought.

Wasn't X-3 rumored way back in the day?

I would die. Lord ... Die

Some website reported that Kitase said X-2 would be about Yuna and X-3 about Rikku, but later on Kitase stated that it was a mistranslation or misunderstanding or something.

Should have been about Lord Braska, Auron, and Jecht. That would make things much more interesting.

They actually considered making X-2 about those characters at first, but decided that it would have been LESS interesting because it would have just been a rehash of FFX (except you lose at the end).

Kouriozan

You get new jobs.

RkBdlym.jpg

We also have ShinRa open up a coliseum, and not just for prizes, you also get multiple superbosses, AND you get the explanation to as how Shinra is (wink wink) linked to FF7's Shin Ra company.

You also, if you felt like it, can beat the hell out of Brother in combat.

Aw I soooo want to play it now.
I loved FF X-2 but only played the PAL release.

Syril

I doubt it would happen, but I would love to see them redo the English dub as part of this with proper lip syncing and everything.

Dunan

I will pay full price for this one on Day One if it increases the odds that FFXII-IZJS will come out on the Vita, and in its masterful English translation. That definitive version still exists nowhere except on the computers of PCSX2 patchers.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I will pay full price for this one on Day One if it increases the odds that FFXII-IZJS will come out on the Vita, and in its masterful English translation. That definitive version still exists nowhere except on the computers of PCSX2 patchers.

I don't think Square will be that generous.

luca1980

Banned
I will pay full price for this one on Day One if it increases the odds that FFXII-IZJS will come out on the Vita
Square-enix isn't interested in anything touched by (Lord) Matsuno or else he would have remained there...Tactics ogre was already a miracle on psp.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Never knew X-2 was so loved.
Will always hate it. It was the early signs of Toriyama's creepy virtual girl obsession that's ruined the franchise. It may have had a nice battle system, but that doesn't stop me from hating the XIII series too.

Skilletor

Never knew X-2 was so loved.
Will always hate it. It was the early signs of Toriyama's creepy virtual girl obsession that's ruined the franchise. It may have had a nice battle system, but that doesn't stop me from hating the XIII series too.

Some people value gameplay over most other things. X-2 has the best ATB battle system in any FF, and I'd be willing to argue the best battle system in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom