• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly im still expecting a last minute KI moneyhat for a fuckton from folks more or less related to microsoft or IG

I'm 90% sure that KI will win that thing. The donations stopped way too suddently.

Because you guys are really smart, I want your opinions. Yakuza 0 or Nioh?

Both are great games.

Do you want an open environment, with a lot of things to do and a great story ? Go with Yakuza

Do you have some skill ? Are you a true gamer ? Do you think you can finish that game without dying once ? Go with Nioh. Great gameplay.

BadWolf

Looks like SNK has reached out to Team Spooky and they will be the ones streaming the KOFXIV championship (which will take place in Tokyo later this month).

Dlent

Surprised you didn't try Nioh already to know if you wanted it. I'm burnt out on Souls, but this is different enough that it doesn't really apply.

Nioh will probably only get better over time though, so maybe it's best to wait.

Line_HTX

Holy shit, huge signings by Echo Fox.

How many players do they have total though? Do they have enough capital for this year to sustain all of them?

Malice215

Damn Rick Fox throwing that cheddar around in 2017. Huge signing in terms of Tekken and smart to grab them now before more people's attention is on Tekken once the console release drops.

NEO0MJ

Surprised you didn't try Nioh already to know if you wanted it. I'm burnt out on Souls, but this is different enough that it doesn't really apply.

Nioh will probably only get better over time though, so maybe it's best to wait.

I only gave the second beta a shot, and while it seemed interesting I'm not sure how much I want it. I probably only have enough time for one game this month and both it and Yakuza are rather long.

Beckx

for me the Nioh demos felt like every fight would be like the NPC hunters in Bloodborne and i found the idea of playing a game like that to be exhausting

i've already turned in my True Gamer card and will be over here at the casual table

Tizoc

I only gave the second beta a shot, and while it seemed interesting I'm not sure how much I want it. I probably only have enough time for one game this month and both it and Yakuza are rather long.

Yakuza is long because the side content....is fun and addicting.
Not to knock Nioh's side content that game has some interesting things going for it, but when one of the activities you can do in this game is play over dramatic remote control race cars aimed at children while playing as a grown ass burly badass businessman who smashes people's faces to the pavement, you know this game is giving you your money's worth.
Also you get to keep MJ safe during his tour across Japan
05-2.jpg

Look bro I know you are part of the Hokuto no Ken crew, so if you're looking for a game that gives off vibes like this-
a60eeb86e621994d5285b42da4462f46ca26ad5c_hq.gif

49.gif

Then Yakuza 0 is the game for you.

Speaking of Hokuto no Ken, I ever tell you how Toki's theme resembles Old Joseph's theme from the Capcom JoJo fighter?

Shouta

Yakuza 0 OR Nioh? WTF. BOTH!

I still kills me to see Virtua Fighter move sets in Yakuza 0 though. El Blaze, Shun Di, Akira, etc =(

Run a donation stream with Chris G, Justin, and Champ in a room and get them drunk. Run sets all night while a drunk Yipes and Chris Matrix commentate. Marvel wins guaranteed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Fuck that, there's no guarantee that he's going to donate the money to the fund.

Exactly what I was thinking. I said that long ago. Donate directly to the links instead of some streamer. He could keep the money knowing Pokken won't win anyway. And this applies to all games not just Pokken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom