• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/24-30| Trying Our Hardest to Become Pachinko Slot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Not My Little Pony fighting game finally has a name

tumblr_nttmp1HV3n1s7w1exo1_1280.png

i can assume everyone in this thread will be pledging, correct?

mbpm1

I like what ultraclarity did which is basically make a thread in gaming for general fgc shit when there is enough stuff happening to warrant it. Temporary fgw under the radar.

You can do that?

Ultraclarity did that?

Glad Fighting is Magic is still going in an alternate form even after I'm done with MLP basically

jerry1594

No wonder I couldn't find the thread without searching. RIP FGW. 16 people signed up for the SSVS tourney, 8 showed up. 2-3 Knew how to play the game. I went 2-2.

Great (online) tournament, great experience.
It would be nice to have an old poverty games thread I think

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think it's a good idea to do what Ultra has done. Keep the community stuff, guides, daily streams, whatever discussion here and have a weekly thread for any and all events on gaming. Best of both worlds.

NEO0MJ

the Not My Little Pony fighting game finally has a name

tumblr_nttmp1HV3n1s7w1exo1_1280.png

i can assume everyone in this thread will be pledging, correct?

I'm interested. A fighting game starring a bunch of cows, deer. Lama, and other animals? Though whether or not I pledge for it depends on how well they sell it.

Usually you're fine, as long as the two outlets you use to send the network connection are on the same main circuit. But poor electric wiring or plugging them into different circuits can hurt performance.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AWRUIY4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This is an entry-level pair that should work well enough. The more expensive ones have more bandwidth, stuff you can consider if you want to do heavy streaming/torrenting/etc for the machines on the other end, but not really needed for fighting games or normal Internet use.

Here's the amazon bestseller list if you want to browse a bit, just make sure you're getting at least a pair of them, because there's not much you can do with just one.

Okay, just bought it. When I get it I will report in on the difference in connection.

The only thing I didn't like was some redundancy in the combos. Like you don't need to show jump in into st.HK, cr.MP, Scissor kicks more than once.

V-Knee Press has extra startup. I felt the need to show the combos still work. Some stop working in V-Trigger.

NEO0MJ

It just occurred to me that Mane 6's kickstarter will launch at about the same time as Lab Zero's. Not sure if that's smart.

Okay, just bought it. When I get it I will report in on the difference in connection.

Are you sure your home can support it? I bought one but it turned out our house is too old and so couldn't use it.

Are you sure your home can support it? I bought one but it turned out our house is too old and so couldn't use it.

I don't know if it can support it. We got a new breaker box and we had to play an electrician because the previous home owner thought he was one (he is not). Fingers crossed.

Also, a couple of my friends got MGS early. Meanest thing to see on my PSN friends list.

I hate it when people use terminology. Nobody knows what a MP is. Where's the MP button on my controller? You mean I need like some kind of guide to follow your guide? Thats stupid. And so on lol.
Well, how am I supposed to tell people what to press, then?

Chun = severely underrated at the moment.

chun3-sp3.gif

TvC is so much more pleasant to listen to than Xrd is. There's just a nice beat with some accents and the characters yell instead of scream. Xrd, intense-but-fail-at-it guitar wails nonstop and characters like May and Jack-O kill your ears ;_;

Zissou

I played Chun a ton during the early betas and played Bison for like 8 hours straight today. Chun seems better to me. Bison has some interesting tools but Chun is so versatile...

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I've been trying out Youtube's streaming service a lot this week. Giving every channel a quality selector, the ability to run ads, and a 4-hour DVR rewind function is so great. After being unable to secure a Twitch partnership for so long and being locked out of those extra features, it's tempting to make the switch at least temporarily and see how it goes.

Beckx

One last question re monitors. Any feedback on the "we made it with help from Justin Wong" Ben-Q monitor (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RORBPCO/?tag=neogaf0e-20 I don't care about the "made for fighting games" part, but it seems like the input lag is low & it has a ton of color settings, but to yesterday's discussion it is a TN panel.

Edit: nevermind, I found the 24" inch variation of this monitor had a rotatable stand which made it perfect for me to use in tate mode with shmups.

Tripon

I've been trying out Youtube's streaming service a lot this week. Giving every channel a quality selector, the ability to run ads, and a 4-hour DVR rewind function is so great. After being unable to secure a Twitch partnership for so long and being locked out of those extra features, it's tempting to make the switch at least temporarily and see how it goes.

Is it possible to do both at the same time? (Run a stream on both youtube and twitch?)

So did MOV get into CPT now? Or did he just get a boatload of points?

Still a long way to go. He just got 64 points which barely puts him in the top 32. His CPT Asia finals ticket could be huge though. So far Xian, Infiltration, Bonchan, Nemo, and Misse are joining him there. If 2 of Bonchan, Nemo, and Misse happen to get top 4 at a premier tournament and winning a trip to Capcom Cup itself, it will be a lot easier to get into Capcom Cup for MOV. If they don't, well MOV has to place above them at the Asia finals and win that ticket to Capcom Cup.

edit: Fuudo just won the Gunslinger Stratos national tournament. I think he gets like $10k or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom