• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/24-30| Trying Our Hardest to Become Pachinko Slot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
FGW | The Fighting Game Community.

Also, I get why Psycho Inferno was changed to a QCB motion now. Bison's j.LP is supposed to be his anti-cross-up, but he can't use it if you're down-backing like a good Bison.

hitsugi

I concur with The Fighting Game Community... Pretty much the only apt title given what transpired this week. It's perfect

https://twitter.com/brokentier/status/637835324031410176

CNoLlQvVAAAuCxu.jpg

And they're making a promotion out of it.

*dead*

Spacebar

Is the art final on those new sticks and pads by mad catz? I can't imagine paying Capcom for the license and only using a small SFV logo on the accessories.

Tripon

James Chen is going to restream and provide English commentary for the 3v3 ST tournament at X-MANIA.
James Chen ‏@jchensor 13m13 minutes ago
Whenever the X-Mania stream starts, I'll try and startup a re-stream on http://twitch.tv/UltraChenTV ! Follow our channel to know when it starts!
View conversation 4 retweets 6 favorites
Reply Retweet 4 Favorite 6
More
James Chen ‏@jchensor 15m15 minutes ago
I was given the go-ahead by Mattsun, one of the heads of XMania, to do an ENG commentary re-stream. So if all runs according to schedule...
View conversation 3 retweets 4 favorites
Reply Retweet 3 Favorite 4
More
James Chen ‏@jchensor 16m16 minutes ago
So XMania update: ST singles ran long, they are finishing top 8 today, starts ~9:30pm PT. Then the 3v3 happens after. http://twitch.tv/mikado_ssf2x

hitsugi

I should probably switch from Ryu..... Cammy feels weird knowing LP into MP is gone and I'm not positive of which Nash combos no longer work so I avoid them

shaowebb

『Inaba Resident』;176930257 said:
Just caught up with the whole PL Sonic Fox thing.
God damn
RIP PERFECT LEGEND

Honestly he hasn't been viable as a Top 8 mainstay since MK9. He seemed to think because this game had MK in the title it'd mean he would suddenly be dominant again. Basically he never let go of his own hype from MK9 and he's been making a ton of excuses and loudly blaiming everyone but himself since those days. Injustice was the game, MKX was his public demanding too much of him getting in the way...guy won't admit when he the competition has leveled up and he never moved on. Still using Kung Lao a ton too...

He needed this wakeup call. Your past doesn't buy you a future that is guaranteed. You'll always have to accept your difficulties and grow past them and admit where your play faults lay. I don't think he reads the gaps in his strings well and is too easily conditioned into doing what the opponent wants him to do.

The entire PL vs Sonicfox blowup for those that missed it.

Hi fightingGaf, does any body know what those candy cabs are? Thanks
PPrjwKK.jpg

Also got a NES advantage feel from this shitty sfV stick just posted..
(as for the fightpad, guess they want to broaden the appeal with the L/R stick, trackpad.. But I can't help but feel it's gonna an hindrance more than anything for fighting game players..)

petghost

Banned
In my dream world some big name publisher pumps a bunch of money into a yatagarasu sequel cuz I think if that game looked mainstream enough hella people would play and love it.

shaowebb

Yeah...it was brutal. He had to go and try and talk out some kind of excuse after Sonicfox wanted him to say he was outplayed too and talked himself into a FT5 vs his Erron Black.

I'm pretty certain no one else has ever lost a FT10 13-0 before due to this turn of events. Thing is Sonic Fox used Kitana and stuffed him. Destroyed him with EB, and the guy is playing Predator now. Think he'll call out Predator next, practice more, or switch mains?

In any case the blowup isn't over because he's being blown the hellup on twitter right now

#perfected 13gend is now a thing...

EDIT:The Crowd monster video that shows the whole reaction to PL's "He said he'd use Erron excuse" vid

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";176947479]To take your minds off being relegated to the ghetto, I'll give you the rest of the day to vote on the next title.[/QUOTE]
Can it be anything else?

FGW | Fighting Game Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom