• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 21-27 | Easter EG Hunting

How often are we treated to that diverse pool though?

I agree that it is hype when it happens, but overall Marvel's appeal as something to watch has gone down recently.

casperOne

So what you're saying is Next Level, Brooklyn is New York's new ground zero.

w5ENLGe.gif

Always too soon.

More details?

E6xSv3t.jpg

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCAsslHwbBY

Art will be streaming it on http://twitch.tv/nycfurby

Just noticed the symmetry here:

K8IJ3W3.png

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I repeat myself.

Rico is the best KI and Injustice player in NY, top 5 in AE, too manly to play Marvel or anime games, looks good, nice guy, great personality, and can most likely beat everybody up in a real fight except for Sp00ky. What more can you ask for?

I repeat myself.

Rico is the best KI and Injustice player in NY, top 5 in AE, too manly to play Marvel or anime games, looks good, nice guy, great personality, and can most likely beat everybody up in a real fight except for Sp00ky. What more can you ask for?

Damn.... so you change within a year too huh?

R.I.P Furbar HELLLLLO RIIIIIIICO.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I repeat myself.

What if I told you I know and train in martial arts and know a relative of Rico's that can give me the inside scoop on his weaknesses.

Also, seems like Kadey has let the tsundere phase pass Kappa.

casperOne

I repeat myself.

So why not talk to him instead of telling us? =)

If you want the intro let me know.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Damn.... so you change within a year too huh?

R.I.P Furbar HELLLLLO RIIIIIIICO.

What? He'll always be number one. Nothing wrong with saying.

What if I told you I know and train in martial arts and know a relative of Rico's that can give me the inside scoop on his weaknesses.

Also, seems like Kadey has let the tsundere phase pass Kappa.

Shut up and go play your Naruto games.

So why not talk to him instead of telling us? =)

Because I'm not interested. Let's say if I were. A guy like that, you'd have to constantly fight off other people to be with him.

I love how everyone are taking the "except for Spooky" as a given, Spooky would fuck up anybody.

Most people don't know Sp00ky trained in boxing. He's like a little Latino Dudley.

Dahbomb

The devs of that new Naruto game are saying that the game will be more hardcore as a fighting game.

Not sure if legit or not...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Problem with a serious Naruto game for competitive play is the IP itself. It seems like a lot of people hate Naruto. Triforce for example is in love with Bleach and thinks he's one of the characters.

Rhapsody

Banned
The devs of that new Naruto game are saying that the game will be more hardcore as a fighting game.

Not sure if legit or not...

That might be their goal, but I see it falling short.

I would try them out though if they had more depth. They're just boring to play as it is.

I know nothing about Naruto beside he wears orange, and has that headband.

Plus that's too anime, and therefor too niche. Marvel characters are everywhere.... I mean look at the top box office hits.

The Naruto games main strength is that they serve as an animated recap of the manga that you can play through.

Exactly. Naruto, even though right now the series is at its home stretch, has taken far too long just to get to this point. The only reason I'm gutting it out is so I can find out how it ends. It's been so many years...

Someone brought KOF Maximum Impact 2 to my local weekly meetup 2 weeks ago and that game actually makes me very optimistic for Tekken X Street Fighter because it does a great job of meshing the mechanics 2d and 3d fighters. There are many chain combos you can mash up like VF or DOA where if you keep pressing punch (not every button though), you'll get a punch chain but many of them are special/super cancellable, so it makes it easy to learn a combo. Also how you otg in that game feels like a 3d fighter. In 2d fighters usually moves that otg have a special property but a lot of moves otg in MI2, and if the move has a hitbox along the ground like in 3d fighters, it will otg (such as power wave or kyo's fireball).

The movement also mixes 2d and 3d fighters pretty well but it's definitely not Tekken/VF style. You move along the 2d plane and still have KOF jump arcs but they feel "weightier" (a lot of games just feel different and it did seem to be more heavier but not as heavy as most 3d games) and you definitely don't go as high as in the 2d games. Projectiles also have rather large hitboxes, so it seems harder to hyper hop over them, but you can still get over them and play the typical 2d zoning/rushing in game. How you sidestep is similar to rolling. In that both lights (A+B) will make you step into the background and down + A+B goes into foreground. You can still roll forward and backward by holding forward and back respectively. But unlike the rolls the sidesteps don't have that invulnerability and since projectile hitboxes are rather wide, you can't wait till last second to sidestep them, so projectiles still feel like they can pressure people very well and cover you when rushing in. Of course like 3d fighters you can make people whiff rather linear normals if you sidestep and they were continuing to mash. The arenas are walled so there are many wall combos like in Tekken and VF and they react to hitting the wall. It also it makes it very interesting once you get someone close to a corner since it makes it much harder to sidestep around your fireballs.

So I'm just saying that even though many things can possibly lost in transition for the street fighter cast to 3d, there actually has been a pretty fun 2d/3d hybrid in the MI series that it makes me rather hopeful that Namco will do a good job.

Exactly. Naruto, even though right now the series is at its home stretch, has taken far too long just to get to this point. The only reason I'm gutting it out is so I can find out how it ends. It's been so many years...
At the pace the manga's been going there's still like at LEAST another year of bullshit to wait through.

Ryu1999

What time do you guys usually get on to play SF4: AE on PC? I'm forcing myself to play it even though its frustrating, because I suck at it despite being good at the SF2 and SFA series. So...looking for some peeps to whoop on me and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
What time do you guys usually get on to play SF4: AE on PC? I'm forcing myself to play it even though its frustrating, because I suck at it despite being good at the SF2 and SFA series. So...looking for some peeps to whoop on me and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Just holler and mention your playing SF on PC. I know Kadey and Tik-Tok are usually down to play and a few others too.

Tik-Tok

Just holler and mention your playing SF on PC. I know Kadey and Tik-Tok are usually down to play and a few others too.

I'd love to play but it's my girlfriends birthday, so I'm taking her out for dinner and doing the other things people get excited to do when it's someones birthday.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'd love to play but it's my girlfriends birthday, so I'm taking her out for dinner and doing the other things people get excited to do when it's someones birthday.

Oh no, I meant in general Tok, didn't mean to imply you would do it today. Treat your gf to a good day compadre ;)

Top Bottom