• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | February 4-10 | Majority vote declares Smash a fighting game

Revven

Scar is doing another episode of The Smash Lab, not sure what he's going to cover but last he had it scheduled it was for more Teams match analysis with Alukard and stuff.

Either way, you can catch it on here: http://www.twitch.tv/bobby_scar if you want to learn what the general thought processes are of players in Melee. Or just want to learn in general on how to improve yourself as a player.

Not sure if he's doing these weekly or not, but so far it's looking that way. I'm going to wait a bit before saying to include it in the OP. This is only Episode 2, Episode 1 was last week and was pretty insightful to say the least.

Episode 1 is here if you didn't see it

Anyway, yeah, he's live now actually as I was typing this out LOL.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Cant speak for all forums, but the sfxt section of shoryuken forums is pretty dry on discussion and I want updated info and conversation about sfxt characters. Is there anywhere I can go for that?

Sorry to interrupt the cereal talk, but this is probably worth discussing:

http://shoryuken.com/2013/02/04/skullgirls-gets-cash-exhibition-support-at-evo-2013/

So instead of having a tournament with prize money at EVO shown on the stream...they are going to have a tournament with prize money at EVO shown on the stream.
Yay

I hope they do this donation drive thing next year with an expanded two slots. EVO would be just PERFECT with six slots and two "player's choice" games.
NOW I'm mad. :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ThyXkarFY

Get mad

TheChits

Holy shit I need to watch G Gundam again
KuGsj.gif

Riposte

I'm pretty sure all VF5 fans are settling for that Sega sponsored cup.

EDIT: Otherwise LA Akira would have sold his house in order to win the donation drive.

Hungry Hungry Hippos? Might as well throw me and Western in there for the Football grudge match part of it.

Me and Panda vs You and Beef.

Why not? TAG TEAM

P.S How does CrimzonFlame get away when his team ended up beating your team? And how does Big Randel get away when he beat me? This is bull shit 3v3!

Beef, Rice, Rande11 vs Panda, Crimzon, Myself.

Edit :
Panda, Rice, Rande11 vs Beef, Crimzon, Myself.

Busaiku

So Skullgirls fares off far better than Super Smash Bros Melee did.
Super Smash Bros Melee isn't at any Road to Evo qualifier, but as a result of the drive, Skullgirls is now a main game at 2 of them, in addition to being added as a main game to some Super Smash Bros event, as well as Da Beach.

jbug617

Banned
Super Smash Bros Melee isn't at any Road to Evo qualifier, but as a result of the drive, Skullgirls is now a main game at 2 of them, in addition to being added as a main game to some Super Smash Bros event, as well as Da Beach.

Actually it's going to be at WB so maybe they are going to be the only one on the Road to EVO to do it.

Any reason why it isn't at UFGT? I've heard about why CEO is passing on this, but not much else.

Infinite

It's definitely going to be at WB and it can still be at NCR since details of that tournament wasn't really announced

Revven

in addition to being added as a main game to some Super Smash Bros event.

Actually, it's not set on if Skullgirls will be at Genesis 3. That is just something that some members of the forums were talking about. The TOs haven't openly said they're going to include it.

At this point, given the circumstances, I wouldn't hold my breath for it to happen because of logistics: Genesis 3 is and always has been a Smash major with some international attendance. It all depends on venue size and the amount of interest there is from SG players.

So basically, it's not guaranteed to happen.

Also, Winter Brawl might have Melee. And NCR hasn't confirmed or announced anything, so that's up in the air as well afaik (if it has, link me lol). Melee could very well be at NCR... after all, there is a pretty big Melee scene in NorCal and SoCal. I'm not getting my hopes up or anything, due to logistics etc for NCR but yeah.

Top Bottom