• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

Dahbomb

JUSTIN WONG IS THE GREATEST MARVEL PLAYER OF ALL TIME!!!!!!

if59QFCqqwyNN.gif
This times 1000.

I know I am quoting myself but it's just too god damn true.

Just gonna note that in AE 2012, Rose could've just ex Spiralled through every one of those command grabs, but due to the nerf, nope.

Rose is cheap brehs

Azure J

That was the Wongest of Wong Factors. Holy living fuck.

You damn near made me fuck up my brand new laptop with this one. :lol

Jesus when Akuma got anti-air s.L'd by Vergil twice?

When Akuma got fucking Marth max range tippered by fucking Vergil who then confirmed into Summoned Swords?

When JWong RAW-FUCKING-TAGGED to kill that same activation?

EVERYTHING in that last second Wolverine/Vergil XF-less 4 seconds?

BRUH.

I don't even watch Marvel like that anymore and I was over here needing Life Alert for those ups and downs.

Dahbomb

I missed it what did Justin do?
Well first he came back down 0-2 against Toomuchdamage's Zero/Doom/Vergil team mostly with Storm. Last match his Wolverine gets beat in the neutral again and this time he manages to lose Storm too. Then his Wolverine comes in with 10% health left but he is able to take out both Zero and Doom with Wolverine XF2. Toomuchdamage tries to chip out Justin's Akuma with Spiral Sword but Justin makes a clutch raw tag to avoid the chip and get in Akuma. Lots of neutral and footsies but Toomuchdamage is able to get in a clutch st.H against Akuma for the kill. Wolverine comes in has to eat a Round Trip and is at 1 pixel health, any chip is going to kill him so Toomuchdamage goes for hail mary super to chip him but Justin reacts with Tornado Claw to beat out the super still riding the pixel and then goes ham on Toomuchdamage going all in RTSD and gets the touch to finish the game.

What a fucking game, what a fucking player.

Vice

Just gonna note that in AE 2012, Rose could've just ex Spiralled through every one of those command grabs, but due to the nerf, nope.

Rose is cheap brehs
But I have to guess between teching or blocking on wake up.
or just backdash and kill the mixup.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
it was obvious tornado claw was going to win but damn still hype

It doesn't work out like that all the time. Depending on the timing the spacing, Justin Wong could have been on the receiving end of that level one super. Regardless, dude put up a godlike performance that felt like GF. KiT so far has been excellent, great job to Anne and co.

hitsugi

Rose is cheap brehs

Weird that Luffy wasn't winning shit until Ultra though. Hey wait, could it be because:

Rose AE2012 -> Ultra Changes:

Movement: Forward dash recovery reduced (21F->20F)
Close middle kick: Hitbox extended downward to hit crouching opponents more consistently
Crouching light punch: Damage increased (20->30)
Crouching light kick: Damage increased (30->40)
Crouching middle punch: Damage increased (60->70)
Light Soul Spiral: Forward movement increased
Light/Medium/Heavy Soul Spiral: Damage increased (100->110)
EX Soul Spiral: Damage increased (120->130)
EX Soul Spiral: Stun damage increased (100->200)
EX Soul Spiral: Hit invincibility increased (11F->13F)
EX Soul Spiral: Can now be thrown
Medium Soul Spark: Recovers faster (22F->20F)
Heavy Soul Spark: Recovers faster (29F->27F)
Illusion Spark: Starts up faster (12F->10F)
Soul Satellite: Command change (214x2+PPP->214x2+KKK)
Soul Satellite: Recovery increased (2F->4F)

Give me a break with that nonsense.

Vice

Weird that Luffy wasn't winning shit until Ultra though. Hey wait, could it be because:

Rose AE2012 -> Ultra Changes:

Movement: Forward dash recovery reduced (21F->20F)
Close middle kick: Hitbox extended downward to hit crouching opponents more consistently
Crouching light punch: Damage increased (20->30)
Crouching light kick: Damage increased (30->40)
Crouching middle punch: Damage increased (60->70)
Light Soul Spiral: Forward movement increased
Light/Medium/Heavy Soul Spiral: Damage increased (100->110)
EX Soul Spiral: Damage increased (120->130)
EX Soul Spiral: Stun damage increased (100->200)
EX Soul Spiral: Hit invincibility increased (11F->13F)
EX Soul Spiral: Can now be thrown
Medium Soul Spark: Recovers faster (22F->20F)
Heavy Soul Spark: Recovers faster (29F->27F)
Illusion Spark: Starts up faster (12F->10F)
Soul Satellite: Command change (214x2+PPP->214x2+KKK)
Soul Satellite: Recovery increased (2F->4F)

Give me a break with that nonsense.
Luffy was a dominate player in Europe since vanilla. He beat tons of top JP players before Ultra. Just didnt travel out of Europe much.

hitsugi

Daigo playing really solid here.. who the hell uses Rose in Japan?

Luffy was a dominate player in Europe since vanilla. Hes beat tons of top JP players. Just didnt travel out of Europe much.

Oh I know, and I'm not saying Luffy was bad prior to this (that would be blasphemy), but there's no denying she's considerably better now than she was in AE2012. Luffy has practically become Ryan Hart's kryptonite.

Top Bottom