• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 28 - Aug 3 | The thirst is UNiEL

Crocodile

Huh, for some reason I thought Ricky was gay as opposed to transgeder. Either congrats to her and hopefully everything goes well :)

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
This is why we can't have nice things.

Well at least I got my one non stupid cammy outfit.

O_O

OMG. DEAR LORD.
This is so erotic but they got her butt wrong, needs to be a bit bigger. I wonder if they would let that fly in a normal tournament. Kids usually go to tournaments believe it or not, some parents are extremely supportive of it.

Maybe, but it's a day long event so it might be weird.

I'd totally head to something like that to watch something that doesn't take an entire day though.

What's this talk about ESPN and EVO? If it honestly happened, I wouldn't mind. It would get the attention it deserves. Very passionate crowd of people, my only worry is people coming in and ruining it. We can only handle so much until money starts flying in and the love of the game is gone.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This dude just got on bus and has been ranting to him self out loud about how the whole world is full of crooks and they're out to get him etc. but I have found that playing Indestructible over his trials and tribulations is actually making all his frustrated motions, what may otherwise be seen a deep internal struggle or cry for help, into an expression of confidence, hope and determination.

This dude just got on bus and has been ranting to him self out loud about how the whole world is full of crooks and they're out to get him etc. but I have found that playing Indestructible over his trials and tribulations is actually making all his frustrated motions, what may otherwise be seen a deep internal struggle or cry for help, into an expression of confidence, hope and determination.

So Triforce is on your bus?

MrDaravon

Almost all of the new Ultra costumes are fucking terrible. What are they even doing over there?

lol

41JQTsI.png

Goddamnit

This is why we can't have nice things.

Well at least I got my one non stupid cammy outfit.

It was Tonal Whiplash: The Post.

Cammy's new costume looks too much like '80s Brit Pop for me to be comfy with it, but kudos to the winning side of the Cammy vs. Pants conflict. The era of half-measures, of catsuits with leggings, is coming to its close. In its place we are entering a period of snugness.

Huh, for some reason I thought Ricky was gay as opposed to transgeder. Either congrats to her and hopefully everything goes well :)

Same here, on both counts.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
best of luck to ricky!

Any timetable given on those dlc costumes?

Just "summer" I'm guessing??

eh, maybe. if they had money to go ahead and do this, im pretty sure the money could have been used for more productive efforts.

I don't really understand how any of those USFIV costumes got to the point where people involved said "why yes, yes, people will want these".

Malice215

good luck getting the sports bar owner to keep it on the channel.

If you're bringing in customers and buying drinks, then it would be fairly easily, especially on a Sunday in July when there's usually nothing going on.

Plus look at the bars that put on streams for Starcraft. It wouldn't be that far of a stretch to do the same for an event like EVO if people wanted to leave the house to watch it somewhere with other people, but I guess not with people talking about barriers.

The last couple Big E events over here have the stream on at the bar within the hotel, and it was a nice touch to stay tuned to the tournament while I grabbed a drink or something to eat. Plus I like going to bars anyway, so I wouldn't mind going to one where I would actually watch something instead of seeing some suckass sports team which is usually on ESPN.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It gives the artists something to do during the rest of the development period, instead of being laid off by the studio as soon as their essential work for the project is done. :p

This costume is atrocious. Capcom has done you wrong bro!

Very true. They could have had that artist make better costumes too.

Also, Capcom X KFC, a new age of heart attacks induced by salt.

onionfrog

Very true. They could have had that artist make better costumes too.
I agree that some of the costumes this time look pretty fucking bad.
I'm still going to buy them all, and you should too. To support Capcom's fighting game efforts if nothing else.

I'd love it if we got a young Gouken alt loosely based on Assassin's Fist.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I agree that some of the costumes this time look pretty fucking bad.
I'm still going to buy them all, and you should too. To support Capcom's fighting game efforts if nothing else.

I'd love it if we got a young Gouken alt loosely based on Assassin's Fist.

I'd love to support it but I don't want to support Capcom's recent support of crappy decisions.

Yup, sfxtekken had awesome costumes for the most part. But of course, fuck those neon create a colors.

Sf4 needs to step its game up. Ken could be wearing so much better stuff at the very least.

.la1n

Yup, sfxtekken had awesome costumes for the most part. But of course, fuck those neon create a colors.

Sf4 needs to step its game up. Ken could be wearing so much better stuff at the very least.

Ken does seem to get the short end of the stick with every new costume set.

Top Bottom