• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 28 - Aug 3 | The thirst is UNiEL

Village

I am about to Solve a crime/Commit Crimes to solve that crime/Mob boss sagat is great.

I have a Stand/Golfing Balrog is also great.

mbpm1

If SummerGief's voice isn't muffled a la TF2 Pyro I will be very disappointed.

Fr Mrer Rrrria!

Half of them are pretty cool and half of them are like wtf is going on.

Pretty Cool
Sagat (although he looks like a douche a little too)
Ryu
Adon (totally suits him)
Poison (perfect)

Wtf is going on
Chun Li
C Viper
Ibuki
Juri
Hakan (seriously?)

Shito

So, after a week-end spent on Destiny's beta, I'm greeted by a wonderful alt for Poison?
Feeling a bit spoiled...

Gief's alt is also awesome, as usual with him. <3

Hay fgc GAF answer me this: why so so many trans gamers like Poison so much? You'd think they wouldn't like the whole being portrayed as a pervert thing.
I'd say it's kinda like Bayonetta being well liked by quite a lot of girls: her sexuality is part of her strong character, and she's not shy about it.

Beesuit

I remember when SFIV was first released and they presented the idea of DLC costumes. When people compared it to VF/SC/Tekken customization, Capcom said that they didn't want outrageous costumes that made their characters unrecognizable.

Yep.
Plans and priorities change all the time. AE was meant to be the final version. Then came 2012, and now Ultra. But at least with SF4 they get to control how ridiculous things go.

Case in point, I hope they've taken that on board and learnt from it at the very least:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoC8ZEwSLDc

FSLink

Banned
Can someone who is familar with UNIBEL and/or BBCP suggest a main for me? I use Cody and Yun in USF4, and Zero May Cry and team Nemo in Marvel 3.

Horseress

GotG this week wooooooo

ma duuuuude I'm so fucking hype I can't contain myself

Reserved my seats and everything.

I'll do it today, IMAX, shit's going to be glorious

I am beyond ready for GotG. Hearing that it's yet another contender for best Marvel movie and I'm inclined to believe it. Perhaps even more excited for whatever mysterious thing awaits in the post credits scene.

Hell yeah, gimme dat ultron

alstein

I think the honda and dudley outfits are dope, too bad nobody plays honda ever

I've started to go back to him some. EX headbutt nerf- I think folks don't know to punish it for some reason. He still has his horrid horrid matchups though, and I would trade low jab/hands for his EX headbutt back and a little better butt slam.

casperOne

Other than fighters I play pretty much anything so long as it looks interesting. I'm heavy into Monster Hunter now that I'm helping to direct the latest one, but I'll play anything.

Wait, Monster Hunter?

91740-its-all-your-fault-motherfucke-grbs.gif

J/K, good read.

Pyromaniac Gief is great.

Don't you mean Banegeif?

A bit late to the dubstep phase, we're all hip-hop now.

Forever and ever, amen.

---

Honda is looking great in his costume:

honda.jpg

Although I didn't realize that the costume pack introduced new moves. What's with the Ryu fist bump?
I know it's not a new move.

ryu.jpg

Akuma is ready for da beech (the sandals really complete the outfit):

gouki.jpg

Could we have one Rose alt which isn't a gypsy reference? Please?

Village

hugo.jpg

Casual hugo looks great, wonder wear he even gets clothes that big

decapre.jpg

While beach decapere is... interesting. It would have been better if she had shades instead of the mask

adon.jpg

I like the belt but, I have no Idea what this is. Onemic will get use out of it though

What excites me most about the outfits is the new material modders will have to work with, to make mods for all the characters.

MDTBF
CD
LR
GRAD

there are only four good albums

While I will not say the other albums are not good ( 808's isn't good ) I will say those are the best. The 3 on the bottom being way better than the one on the top still.

Dahbomb, Jim Starlin said it was the best marvel movie. Everyone is saying that it's better than the avengers and better than the winter soldier.

BELIEVE

onionfrog

The new costumes for Ultra look cool.

I'll buy them when they bundle them all together for $20. Ain't nobody trying to buy each individual costume pack for $4 each. :p

I hope they won't trickle them out slowly week by week. But they probably will since that's been their approach to costume DLC in the past.

The new costumes for Ultra look cool.

I'll buy them when they bundle them all together for $20. Ain't nobody trying to buy each individual costume pack for $4 each. :p

I hope they won't trickle them out slowly week by week. But they probably will since that's been their approach to costume DLC in the past.

I'm a sucker for costumes but even then you won't see me paying full price to get that shit urlay

Shito

I'm super tempted to go back to Poison now, that's a great costume.
Out of curiosity: why did you stop playing her?
I'm maining her at the moment, with a little bit of Hugo on the side, but I'm not playing much...

[EDIT]

Arika did a fighting game tech demo on 3DS using SFEX characters a few years back....

hbtpm.png

I wish something came out of it, but alas...
old thread here:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435843
Never saw that, but I've just talked to a friend who remembers it, and even remembers they gave those pictures on their website, as 3d pictures you can put into your 3DS.
And it seems they are still up: http://www.arika.co.jp/special/special_3dphoto/3dphoto.html

[EDIT][EDIT]
Oh, nevermind, the link was already given in the old thread you posted! :)

Out of curiosity: why did you stop playing her?
I'm maining her at the moment, with a little bit of Hugo on the side, but I'm not playing much...

[EDIT]

Never saw that, but I've just talked to a friend who remembers it, and even remembers they gave those pictures on their website, as 3d pictures you can put into your 3DS.
And it seems they are still up: http://www.arika.co.jp/special/special_3dphoto/3dphoto.html

[EDIT][EDIT]
Oh, nevermind, the link was already given in the old thread you posted! :)

Too close to Evo and was only really comfortable with Cody. Now I've moved to Evil Ryu a bit and Rose and haven't gone back to Poison. Might try her out again though because I did like her when playing her-- just wasn't that good with her, lol.

Arika did a fighting game tech demo on 3DS using SFEX characters a few years back....

hbtpm.png

I wish something came out of it, but alas...
old thread here:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435843

Arika's VP popped up on Twitter after the story broke to say that it was for smartphones. Still, I was disappointed that nothing came of it.

Dahbomb, Jim Starlin said it was the best marvel movie. Everyone is saying that it's better than the avengers and better than the winter soldier.

BELIEVE

This is going to be the first Marvel movie I've seen in a theater on opening weekend, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low.

Tizoc

Shito

Too close to Evo and was only really comfortable with Cody. Now I've moved to Evil Ryu a bit and Rose and haven't gone back to Poison. Might try her out again though because I did like her when playing her-- just wasn't that good with her, lol.
Ah yeah, I see.
I'm also not really good with her (still can't do her cr.lp xx cr.lp xx st.mk bnb), but she suits my style better than Makoto did. It's nice to be able to let down of the pressure from time to time and just spam those fireballs, especially since the variations in them makes it a total bitch for a lot of anti-fireball moves. <3

preg and foot fetishists rejoice!

kttcoliwhat

They should give everyone like a classic costume look and change them to look like what they did in Turbo/3s/Alpha. Kinda like how in HDR/3sO you can switch the style to the classic original look or the HD sprites.

Of course they should smooth it out though so it doesn't just look like a big blob of trash.

I should work at Capcom

dj wud b da bess.

Top Bottom