• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 18-24 | FGC Kickstart 101: Cut a deal with the bronies

Azure J

Nobody zones Chris G

ibppfeZg9Qg5wP.png

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Dahbomb

Nah guys Injustice is the best 2D fighting game ever..

Bum - April 16th is going to be Injustice all day long....

NVM mom's birthday.. fuck Injustice

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Option select monday no longer exists. LI Joe seems to stream randomly, no more show, Winnerstayson is on hiatus, Amalgame is not consistently on, Box sessions no longer exists, IPL is gone for now, Fraud Free Fridays are probably done and the Xanbats are also very inconsistent.

Now. Topanga streams almost daily, Toughcookie, Xian and Zhi's stream streams almost daily as well. GreenTekken streams 24/7 it seems.

When's Marvel Wednesday is now added to the Wednesday Lineup.

Apparently it was Yipe's birthday yesterday. Don't know if he and Sp00ky shares the same birthday.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey Bros i will be in NorCal for a week or so anything cool to do?
Cool and cheap of course.

NorCal is best Cal.

Dahbomb

Is Bum pretending to be in the know?
Half the time he was having a conversation with Flux on it off the mic so it was hard to say what he was talking about. It seemed more like "this is what I think will be in the patch if they release it". That's a big fucking "if". Flux said that Zero would be fair if they just removed soft knockdown on his Lightning.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
P4A's HUD really is awful to work around. Too many icons and shit in the way, and the damn thing isn't even symmetrical.

Malice215

been meaning to say this for a while now but

this game is awesome

UNIB is the one fighting game in a long time that I've been dying to play. The game looks amazing.

BBCP looks awesome also, but look how long it took for the game to get to that point. It should be amazing with the amount of versions the game has been through. Hopefully it doesn't take forever for the game to drop to console.

Does anyone ever mod a stock 360 pad to work on PS3? Or are there any third party PS3 pads with a similar shape and layout to the 360 pad? This is something I'm interested in getting if it exists.

See you then Karsticles!

Unless you are a long sword user :mad:
I use everything. I think I stopped playing Tri at like HR 120. The only weapon I was still ass with was the Switch Axe. It just never felt right. I choose my weapon based on team needs. Generally, I'll Para-SnS or Hammer if it's needed, and if we have those I'll go for a pure damage weapon unless I'm in the mood for something in particular. I like group cohesion.

That being said, I'll mostly be playing offline with my wife. We had this deal that if I bought her a 3DS, she would play through the first 3DS Pokemon game with me. But she was playing the MH3U demo and just loved the game, so we're going to play through that together instead. If/once the 3DS gets the ability to go online via the Wii U, I'll definitely hunt with some folks.

That all being said, I have absolutely no people on my friend list on the Wii U and I've had it since Christmas, so feel free to add me up: Karsticles.

Beckx

Does anyone ever mod a stock 360 pad to work on PS3? Or are there any third party PS3 pads with a similar shape and layout to the 360 pad? This is something I'm interested in getting if it exists.

The MadCatz MLG controller is a 360-shape and you can put the d-pad and sticks where you want them. The package includes 360 and PS3 style sticks and d-pads, and you can buy a madcatz style d-pad from their store. They make a PS3 compatible version (though I use a 360 version and a Mayflash Universal Adapter when I'm using it on my PS3).

I've got one and love it - however, I think it's overpriced. I bought mine from Amazon at $70 and think that was a fair price, the $100 is too steep. I'm worried the left shoulder button is going to give out on it, it no longer "clicks" like it did originally (likely killed by my recent Dark Souls playthrough, L1 for shield!). Still recognizes inputs just fine. We'll see how it is after I'm done Blade Mode-ing fools in Rising.

Playing with PS stick layout on a 360 style controller is divine.

The MadCatz MLG controller is a 360-shape and you can put the d-pad and sticks where you want them. The package includes 360 and PS3 style sticks and d-pads, and you can buy a madcatz style d-pad from their store. They make a PS3 compatible version (though I use a 360 version and a Mayflash Universal Adapter when I'm using it on my PS3).

I've got one and love it - however, I think it's overpriced. I bought mine from Amazon at $70 and think that was a fair price, the $100 is too steep. I'm worried the left shoulder button is going to give out on it, it no longer "clicks" like it did originally (likely killed by my recent Dark Souls playthrough, L1 for shield!). Still recognizes inputs just fine. We'll see how it is after I'm done Blade Mode-ing fools in Rising.

Playing with PS stick layout on a 360 style controller is divine.

LOL I forgot all about just getting an adapter. But thanks for the info on the MLG pad, it sounds pretty nice. I'll look into that pad some.

Are the L1/R1 buttons pressure sensitive like on dualshock 3 or are they digital only? How's the stiffness on the sticks?

Edit: RayRay analyzing some matches http://www.twitch.tv/rayray19wun

I use everything. I think I stopped playing Tri at like HR 120. The only weapon I was still ass with was the Switch Axe. It just never felt right. I choose my weapon based on team needs. Generally, I'll Para-SnS or Hammer if it's needed, and if we have those I'll go for a pure damage weapon unless I'm in the mood for something in particular. I like group cohesion.

That being said, I'll mostly be playing offline with my wife. We had this deal that if I bought her a 3DS, she would play through the first 3DS Pokemon game with me. But she was playing the MH3U demo and just loved the game, so we're going to play through that together instead. If/once the 3DS gets the ability to go online via the Wii U, I'll definitely hunt with some folks.

That all being said, I have absolutely no people on my friend list on the Wii U and I've had it since Christmas, so feel free to add me up: Karsticles.
It's a matter of when, not if; the packet relay app got announced for release outside of Japan. Forgot if it was Day 1 or not though.

Beckx

LOL I forgot all about just getting an adapter. But thanks for the info on the MLG pad, it sounds pretty nice. I'll look into that pad some.

Are the L1/R1 buttons pressure sensitive like on dualshock 3 or are they digital only? How's the stiffness on the sticks?

I don't know if the PS3 version is pressure-sensitive or not. The ones on the 360 version are not - digital only. The default sticks have more stiffness than the Dualshock, which I really like. One of the customization options from the MC webstore is a stick with more tension. I got one to replace the right stick and love it. I can keep view sensitivity to high and not worry about losing control. It's great in a game like Rising, where I found with the regular DS, I'd spin the camera way too fast. Adds more cost, though. $15 for one stick.

Amazon has a used - like new PS3 pad for $74.

Of course, Mayflash adapter is $15 (if you can find it, I got mine from Play Asia but they're out of stock.)

Top Bottom