• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | March 18-24 | FGC Kickstart 101: Cut a deal with the bronies

I don't know if the PS3 version is pressure-sensitive or not. The ones on the 360 version are not - digital only. The default sticks have more stiffness than the Dualshock, which I really like. One of the customization options from the MC webstore is a stick with more tension. I got one to replace the right stick and love it. I can keep view sensitivity to high and not worry about losing control. It's great in a game like Rising, where I found with the regular DS, I'd spin the camera way too fast. Adds more cost, though. $15 for one stick.

Amazon has a used - like new PS3 pad for $74.

Of course, Mayflash adapter is $15 (if you can find it, I got mine from Play Asia but they're out of stock.)

I looked at the product page on Mayflash's site, and it looks very nice! Is that pretty much the adapter to get, or are there other ones people use?

Edit: Amazon has it for 22 bucks so I'll probably get that.

Beckx

I looked at the product page on Mayflash's site, and it looks very nice! Is that pretty much the adapter to get, or are there other ones people use?

I have zero complaints about that adapter. I love it, and use all my 360 sticks & pads with the PS3 on it. It also has a turbo feature, though I've yet to try it. I need to, though, Turbo overcomes some of the design flaws of Sine Mora.

Might search around GAF a bit to get a range of opinions. I've seen no complaints about introducing input lag or anything like that, but then again, I'm not a guy who can hit small frame links so there could be issues I'd never notice.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hey enzo, Super NorCal Install is this Saturday.

FinestKO will be streaming it.
Persona 4 Arena, Super Smash Bros Melee, and Aquapazza are confirmed, with Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+ and BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend as maybes.
Added.

Yeah, The Midnight Challenge hasn't been going on for a while.
Wouldn't Mike Ross's Neighborhood be gone too, since IPL is gone?
Looking stuff over, it seems like the last time The Box Arena has even streamed was back in June.
Option select monday no longer exists. LI Joe seems to stream randomly, no more show, Winnerstayson is on hiatus, Amalgame is not consistently on, Box sessions no longer exists, IPL is gone for now, Fraud Free Fridays are probably done and the Xanbats are also very inconsistent.

Now. Topanga streams almost daily, Toughcookie, Xian and Zhi's stream streams almost daily as well. GreenTekken streams 24/7 it seems.

When's Marvel Wednesday is now added to the Wednesday Lineup.

Apparently it was Yipe's birthday yesterday. Don't know if he and Sp00ky shares the same birthday.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, OP updated. Also I really don't know what to do about daily streams. Should there be a separate section for people who just stream all the time like PeacefulJay? Seems like something that's covered by the FGC Pros or w/e team and something that wouldn't be as helpful to people browsing OP since they can just browse Twitch.

When's Marvel Wednesdays is now on Tuesdays.
Wait.

Wait what? Seriously?

Anyways, I haven't added When's Marvel Wednesday because nobody told me the time it starts.

Patrick O'Rourke hates his life.

Adam Urbano said:
This is a great question because it’s something we’ve definitely been focusing on. You can just pick it up and hit buttons and play against your friends. Every character has a high attack, medium attack and a low attack. And then the trait button just does something awesome. It might switch stances or do a powerful attack (like with Catwoman) just does something cool.

Ugh.

Adam Urbano said:
What I can say is, that for the past two months we’ve brought in 20 or 30 pro players, especially guys that don’t neccesarily like Mortal Kombat and are more about Street Fighter (guys that are negative towards our game), and they’ve sort of been living at Neverreal playing the crap out of the game and helping us balance it and find things.

Now this is interesting.

What's the problem?

It sounds terrible. I almost read it as "Press A to Awesome" at first, and I still threw up in my mouth a little after I noticed what it actually said.

I have a feeling this is part of where a lot of the stream hype comes from, with lots of players being excited for Injustice. Including Arturo most likely.

I'm wondering if we'll get to know who's been playing it.

If you look at twitter you can guess who they are talking about.

I want a confirmed list. I don't care enough to waste time speculating.

Plot Twist: Capcom USA was bought out by NRS and Haunts and Combofiend are going to make the Heel Turn at PAX East when they reveal that they're the players in question.

El Sloth

Banned
Re-posting from the old thread:

New York bros, do you guys know about any sessions held in Queens? All I know about is the dudes at Queens College, but they're strictly a monday-friday thing and I've been looking for someting on the weekends.

Heading down to Next Level or Bum's place when he's got the HoC going is such a pain in the ass for me from where I'm at in Queens.

It sounds terrible. I almost read it as "Press A to Awesome" at first, and I still threw up in my mouth a little after I noticed what it actually said.

"High/Low/Medium" sounds like a weird misnomer for Light/Med/Hard, so you can say that every character has a L/M/H just like you can say every character in Street Fighter has a light punch, a hard kick, etc.

And the trait button doing cool stuff is no different from claiming that the Drive button in BB allows you to do cool stuff like leech health or freeze guys.

It's just a differently worded explanation for BB controls.

"High/Low/Medium" sounds like a weird misnomer for Light/Med/Hard, so you can say that every character has a L/M/H just like you can say every character in Street Fighter has a light punch, a hard kick, etc.

And the trait button doing cool stuff is no different from claiming that the Drive button in BB allows you to do cool stuff like leech health or freeze guys.

Yea, exactly, which is why I had the reaction I did. I wasn't judging the fighting system.

But, I also won't assume he meant Light, Medium, and Hard, because that's not what he said, and this is NetherRealm.

onionfrog

Yea, exactly, which is why I had the reaction I did. I wasn't judging the fighting system.

But, I also won't assume he meant Light, Medium, and Hard, because that's not what he said, and this is NetherRealm.

Hopefully they'll release a demo so we can try it out and get a good feel for how the game plays. Can't tell much from their trailers which don't have lifebars/special meters visible.
Even without having tried the game yet, I am cautiously optimistic.

Mashers will win because they'll have the best mixups. Kappa
Mashers win because lol online and poor connections.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I mean look at the site interviewing them. It's some general canadian site idk not friggin eventhubs or some shit. They don't want to hear "oh this game is hella deep and balanced and people who have enjoyed our previous games know what the fuck is up with our single player." They want to hear how it's easy to play and how there's a story involving batman and superman

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I thought it had only dichotomous purposes, one for each type of character? That's how they described it when the game was announced.

IMO the idea of a "drive" button is the coolest thing ever to me for fighting games. The possibilities are endless. My dream fighter always had a modifier button as I like to call it, but I later realized something like that existed in BB.

I mean look at the site interviewing them. It's some general canadian site idk not friggin eventhubs or some shit. They don't want to hear "oh this game is hella deep and balanced and people who have enjoyed our previous games know what the fuck is up with our single player." They want to hear how it's easy to play and how there's a story involving batman and superman
I didn't know there was a site called o.canada before this, wtf.

I thought it had only dichotomous purposes, one for each type of character? That's how they described it when the game was announced.

No, (mostly) each character has their own trait.

Batman - Summon/use robot bats
Flash - Slow time
Wonder Woman/Nightwing - Stance change
Catwoman - Use combo that uses stored hits from regular attacks
Cyborg - Healing
Luthor/Aquaman(?) - Shield
Superman/Bane/Shazam(?)/Green Lantern(?)/Raven(?) - Powered up state, may involve damage change or other move property changes
Joker(?)/Harley(?) - Something to do with random items, I think
Green Arrow - Change/use elemental arrows

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No, (mostly) each character has their own trait.

Batman - Summon/use robot bats
Flash - Slow time
Wonder Woman/Nightwing - Stance change
Catwoman - Use combo that uses stored hits from regular attacks
Cyborg - Healing
Luthor/Aquaman(?) - Shield
Superman/Bane/Shazam(?)/Green Lantern(?)/Raven(?) - Powered up state, may involve damage change or other move property changes
Joker(?)/Harley(?) - Something to do with random items, I think
Green Arrow - Change/use elemental arrows
Okay that's pretty cool, and kinda what I had in mind.

kirblar

Seems a little late to get non MK players in. I doubt they are going to not only throw the existing animations, but throw the entire animation and physics they've been running with.
They're balance testing hard because MK was such a nightmare for so long with the every-other-day patches. They don't want to repeat that.

My guess is that they want to make the most out of their license for using Strider. They had to reacquire the rights to use him in UMVC3.
Well then, if we see something FG-related at PAX, it's gotta be AE 2013. Since we're pretty sure on the two "new" games.

Anth0ny

Capcom isn't a good company unless they give me exactly what I want. Like a baby!

hey i'd be down for a marvel babies game

X482xtL.jpg

wait what

Top Bottom