• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Final Round XIX: Friends Among U.S.

I-hate-u

People were expecting it without Capcom ever having even hinted at it being at Final Round. The only reason people thought it was going to be there is because..well, they thought it would be there.

People set themselves up for dissapointment and made the situation awkward.

It's the 20th of the month breh. MARCH 20, and still no trailer. WTH is that?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Ultradavid talking about Nando's Mika as "patient" and "like a wall", were we watching the same matches??? Nando played reckless as fuck lol. It worked because the mixup gimmicks are strong and basically guessing games. If his execution and footsies game had actually been on point he would've done much better.

Requeim

I like how people are throwing the entirety of capcom under the bus, because haunts decided to have a bit of fun at the end of an event.

It would have been nice for them to have an alex trailer, but damn guys.

People were expecting it without Capcom ever having even hinted at it being at Final Round. The only reason people thought it was going to be there is because..well, they thought it would be there.

People set themselves up for dissapointment and made the situation awkward.

I think people were expecting it because Alex should be released within the next 11 days. It honestly should have come much sooner. This either means that a.) it's not making march or b.) they completely misread their audience and a want for a trailer

Blackage

do you want to play through 3 survival modes for 16 characters for god knows how many consoles they use?

I think the point is that it's a shitty means of actually unlocking the colors to begin with, there should be other options and tournaments should have a way to have everything unlocked.

Ferrio

Banned
I like how people are throwing the entirety of capcom under the bus, because haunts decided to have a bit of fun at the end of an event.

"Hey we really screwed the launch of this game, and have a lot of pissed off fans... let's poke them with a stick"

qcf x2

CAPCOM IS SHIT!

SHIIIIIIT!

great finals tho

Pretty much. And with so many viewers tuning in, it's a shame. The issues with the product are well established, but the core game is great. The issues with the tournament presentation are well established, but the final matches were great. Nobody dared to ask for a store update, how hard is it to do a trailer?

ScribbleD

I still don't quite buy the argument that dropping Alex a week before NCR would actually effect NCR. Just ban him from the tournament on the off chance he's super broken. It's not like banning newly released DLC chars prior to a tournament is something that's never been done before.

VariantX

do you want to play through 3 survival modes for 16 characters for god knows how many consoles they use?

Yep, the methods for unlocking colors in sf5 are even more time consuming than unlocking characters in Vanilla SF4. Colors should be unlocked based on Your characters LEVEL, not a stupid survival mode since it would actually reflect a person's commitment to mastering that character.

Rektash

This is the tip of the iceberg. People have been upset with Capcom since they launched SF V.

cordy

Banned
I find it funny that people somehow think that Capcom's not smart enough to know that fans expected an Alex trailer at today's event especially given Final Round's history. Like fans shouldn't have thought that. Probably the same people who thought no Arcade Mode was ok.

Keep drinkin' that kool-aid lol. Capcom is not that stupid.

Capcom, it's just a trailer man. You're not actually releasing the character. It's already the 20th of March. Just give us the trailer.

HardRojo

The game should have a special tournament mode that is basically local VS only and lets you use all colors and costumes.
Lol Rashid remix.

Top Bottom