• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: Final Round XIX: Friends Among U.S.

Khezu

I assumed the only reason we didn't get an Alex trailer last week when they shared the patch notes and some Alex screens was because they were saving it for Final Round.

It is what it is I guess.
But the trolling at the end was kinda lame.

Switched over to the Tekken stream. What did Capcom do to troll everyone expecting Alex?

People got hyped over the Alex trailer because of Infiltration and ShinBlanka asking about it, haunts had a little fun and trolled them with the Rashid theme. I understand being upset (haunts should have just denied it outright) but the reaction is so insane its funny lol

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I find it funny that people somehow think that Capcom's not smart enough to know that fans expected an Alex trailer at today's event especially given Final Round's history. Like fans shouldn't have thought that. Probably the same people who thought no Arcade Mode was ok.

Keep drinkin' that kool-aid lol. Capcom is not that stupid.
But...it was Capcom that thought no arcade mode was ok

Fitts

The game should have a special tournament mode that is basically local VS only and lets you use all colors and costumes.

This is actually a good idea if Capcom is really going to stubbornly keep shit locked behind survival. I think it's more likely that they're going to allow colors to be purchased, though.

Moaradin

I assumed the only reason we didn't get an Alex trailer last week when they shared the patch notes and some Alex screens was because they were saving it for Final Round.

It is what it is I guess.
But the trolling at the end was kinda lame.

I mean, they were kinda put on the spot. Infiltration asked for Alex on the mic. I doubt Capcom was planning to troll people.

Tbh, when they dropped that bit of Alex media last week without a solid date, I automatically assumed the update was going to be way closer to the end of the month.

That said, definitely was a great tournament. Gonna look back at Flash Metroid and Infiltration's matches to study their Vega and Nash, respectively.

The troll sucked, but honestly I'm thrilled about the fact that Larry mentioned that he'll probably look for a bigger place next year. FR has always been a cluster fuck for pools, but it was even worse this year with all the extra people there for SFV. After another bad experience I really thought about not going again. But I will if Larry does decide to look for a new place to hold FR that has a much bigger main ball room.

I find it funny that people somehow think that Capcom's not smart enough to know that fans expected an Alex trailer at today's event especially given Final Round's history. Like fans shouldn't have thought that. Probably the same people who thought no Arcade Mode was ok.

Keep drinkin' that kool-aid lol. Capcom is not that stupid.

This isn't about them being smart or stupid. If you expect stuff to happen without any express indication that it will you set yourself up for disappointment and that's entirely on you. "It would make sense" doesn't count for shit.

EDIT: lol @ Jazzy NYC. Excellent.

The game should have a special tournament mode that is basically local VS only and lets you use all colors and costumes.
Lol Rashid remix.

I could have sworn they said they planned on doing something like this before the game launched. Can't find anything though. Probably my imagination but yeah, it should definitely happen. Keeping all colors locked behind survival is dumb.

cordy

Banned
This isn't about them being smart or stupid. If you expect stuff to happen without any express indication that it will you set yourself up for disappointment and that's entirely on you. "It would make sense" doesn't count for shit.

Uh huh, keep thinking that.

Good day sir lol.

Day 20, no Alex trailer in sight

CX6BG3_WwAA1a5h.jpg

p. much

It only "makes sense" if you're thirsty as fuck and look for things that aren't there. Like people thinking Mega Man Legends 3 would actually make money, for example.

MrDaravon

They were better off not even teasing people like that.

Yup. I agree with Viscant here:

Jay Snyder ‏@JayViscant 13m13 minutes ago
I feel like this trolling is emblematic of the entire first month of the game
"Oh wow how trolled!" lolol
(meanwhile fans are disappointed)

I don't really care about Alex to be honest, but the fact that he is supposedly out within the next 10 days, they've put out official screenshots of him, but can't put out the trailer at the end of a hype tournament is pretty sad, especially with the TON of good will they have burned with SFV's launch.

Alternatively this means Alex somehow isn't ready for a trailer to be shown which is horrific for different reasons. Really bad form here and a huge bummer to end the night with.

Quesa

I hope this gets people to hate Rashid's theme. So overrated.

Birdie's theme still the best, tied with the India stage theme

Alternatively this means Alex somehow isn't ready for a trailer to be shown which is horrific for different reasons. Really bad form here and a huge bummer to end the night with.

For all we know they didn't make a trailer because they were busy making the update. I'd say not having a date by now is more indicative of how poorly this whole thing's being run.

Top Bottom