• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT4| Witty Title Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kierwynn

April sucks for me as well.

CcTnLlQ.png

Delay pls

yeah i started with figmas and soon after getting into scales I realized that scale figs demand so much more shelf space than figmas do, so even though a figma is cheaper, I was buying so many of them that it was costing me more than the scales were in the end.

I moved from scales to figmas to small vehicles, soon I'll be collecting post stamps.

I jumped straight into the expensive things, not expecting to buy too many.

That was a mistake.

I can imagine.

Off topic but god do I freaking hate Amazon, in all my years of experience of shopping their they have by far the most god awful, incompetent shipping department I have ever seen. I pre-ordered story of seasons from their and finally got it this past thursday after over a week and when I opened the package, the back of the case had those gross wavy line all over it and was defective, so I contact amazon and they send me a replacement. Well low and behold that comes in today and it has the SAME EXACT PROBLEM!

Now I have to contact them again. Over 500 orders over 4 years and every single order is defective or damaged in some way I kid you not. I just want to play the game T_T lol

End my rant lol

April sucks for me as well.

Delay pls

My aprils terrible also but everything seems to be getting delayed lol so I'll give you some of the delayed magic if you'd like :p

Off topic but god do I freaking hate Amazon, in all my years of experience of shopping their they have by far the most god awful, incompetent shipping department I have ever seen. I pre-ordered story of seasons from their and finally got it this past thursday after over a week and when I opened the package, the back of the case had those gross wavy line all over it and was defective, so I contact amazon and they send me a replacement. Well low and behold that comes in today and it has the SAME EXACT PROBLEM!

Now I have to contact them again. Over 500 orders over 4 years and every single order is defective or damaged in some way I kid you not. I just want to play the game T_T lol

End my rant lol

I want so bad to play that game but I'm saving this month for maybe GTA V or Majora's.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Off topic but god do I freaking hate Amazon, in all my years of experience of shopping their they have by far the most god awful, incompetent shipping department I have ever seen. I pre-ordered story of seasons from their and finally got it this past thursday after over a week and when I opened the package

That remind me I need to get story of season.

I want so bad to play that game but I'm saving this month for maybe GTA V or Majora's.

Yeah ive been waiting forever for it and amazon it being such a jerk and giving me the most evil tease ever! They are like "You can have the game, but only if you want a defective case Muah ha ha!" lol

figure I'd at least show what im taking about lol
I have quite a few anime dvd cases like that and its annoying and ugly lol

That remind me I need to get story of season.

Do it! It looks really great and they made lots of improvements to farming.

Luigi87

Yeah ive been waiting forever for it and amazon it being such a jerk and giving me the most evil tease ever! They are like "You can have the game, but only if you want a defective case Muah ha ha!" lol

Wow, that sucks >_<

SoS is a really fantastic instalment of the BokuMono series.
Also XSEED including a full physical manual with the game... Never thought I'd see one again!

It does look bad. Good luck with Amazon.

Acid08

Banned
That sucks Colette :/. I usually don't have problems with shipping from Amazon but I do notice that every single time I order a book from them it comes somewhat damaged. The corners are usually messed up which sucks.

hmm mirai miku or to not mirai miku. wonder if she will go on sale on amazon jp but then again she is popular
Dooooooo it. She's gonna be awesome.

Wow, that sucks >_<

Also XSEED including a full physical manual with the game... Never thought I'd see one again!

Yeah, Ive tried to not spoil myself too much as I've been waiting forever but I know that they made many improvements and being able to harvest more then one crop at a time now!!! lol

I love xseed for that, I had a smile on my face when I opened rune factory 4 and so that full cover manual. I miss manuals T_T lol

That sucks Colette :/. I usually don't have problems with shipping from Amazon but I do notice that every single time I order a book from them it comes somewhat damaged. The corners are usually messed up which sucks.

Yeah, they seem to mess everything up, I've learned never to order anything crushable from them as it WILL arrive damaged, they shipped my bravely default collecters edition on a bubble envelope! thing looked like it was stomped on :(

How's the frame rate? A new beginning was =( for me, hopefully XSeed/Marvelous will try to publish in Europe but betting it'll be digital =/
I'm unfortunately unable to comment on the frame rate as I haven't gotten to play it yet but I know they made some nice quality of life improvements such as being able to harvest more then 1 crop at a time. Hopefully it gets to you soon and physical too!

It does look bad. Good luck with Amazon.

Thanks! just got off chat with them and they are letting me the item for half off. Better then nothing! I'll have to buy a replacement 3ds case though as no way am I letting a game from of of my favorite series have to stay in such an ugly case forever lol

Sorry for my off topic rant :p

I hope they eventually make a human centipede Nendoroid.

Perfect timing to tie in with Human Centipede 3.

Wait, wait, wait. Hold up. Are you legit complaining about imperfect plastic on the outside of the case? I've gotten plenty of cases like that. Not just from Amazon. Does the game actually work? Because that's the big issue here.

The copy of Story of Seasons I got from Amazon has a few of these wavy lines in the plastic on the back of the case and it works fine.

Wow, that sucks >_<

I was under the impression it's not a Harvest Moon game, just made by the original HM people. So more of a spiritual successor. But yeah, it's been pretty great so far.

Wait, wait, wait. Hold up. Are you legit complaining about imperfect plastic on the outside of the case? I've gotten plenty of cases like that. Not just from Amazon. Does the game actually work? Because that's the big issue here.

The copy of Story of Seasons I got from Amazon has a few of these wavy lines in the plastic on the back of the case and it works fine.

I was under the impression it's not a Harvest Moon game, just made by the original HM people. So more of a spiritual successor. But yeah, it's been pretty great so far.

Well I am a collector as many others in this thread are I assume, and having a case that is messed up definitely isn't s good thing. Sure the game being fine and working is always the number one priority, but when one spends money and the item they receive has imperfections as a collector its irksome. Especially with amazons track record when they send me items lol It's no different from buying a figure listed as "Brand New" and when it arrives the figures box is crush or damaged and now it has lost value and is imperfect. I don't think anyone is happy getting damaged figure boxes even though figure safety is number 1.

As for the game itself, it is 100% a true harvest moon game, Xseed just cant call it "Harvest Moon" because Natsume who used to publish the series in the west own the trademark to the name.

Well I am a collector as many others in this thread are I assume, and having a case that is messed up definitely isn't s good thing. Sure the game being fine and work is always the number one priority, but when one spends money and the item they receive has imperfections as a collector its irksome.

E7DUEIH.gif

Luigi87

As Colette said this is the true successor, as the name Harvest Moon is owned by Natsume, so the latest Harvest Moon (The Lost Valley) isn't an entry in the BokuMono series.

Well I am a collector as many others in this thread are I assume, and having a case that is messed up definitely isn't s good thing. Sure the game being fine and working is always the number one priority, but when one spends money and the item they receive has imperfections as a collector its irksome. Especially with amazons track record when they send me items lol It's no different from buying a figure listed as "Brand New" and when it arrives the figures box is crush or damaged and now it has lost value and is imperfect. I don't think anyone is happy getting damaged figure boxes even though figure safety is number 1.

Definitely agree with you on this, so good luck with it.
If worst comes to worst... You could always see if you could get a cheap used 3DS game you don't really want that is in a good case, and then swap the cases.

As Colette said this is the true successor, as the name Harvest Moon is owned by Natsume, so the latest Harvest Moon (The Lost Valley) isn't an entry in the BokuMono series.

But the Lost Valley is... called.... Harvest.... Moon. I stand by my assessment that Story of Seasons is not a Harvest Moon game. It may be one in everything but name only, but they don't have the legal rights to the name. Therefore, I don't see how it can be considered an entry in a series they don't own the rights to.

Please explain that to me.

As for the game itself, it is 100% a true harvest moon game, Xseed just cant call it "Harvest Moon" because Natsume who used to publish the series in the west own the trademark to the name.
I collect games more than I collect figures, this is pretty damn understandable
But the Lost Valley is... called.... Harvest.... Moon. I stand by my assessment that Story of Seasons is not a Harvest Moon game. It may be one in everything but name only, but they don't have the legal rights to the name. Therefore, I don't see how it can be considered an entry in a series they don't own the rights to.

In japan Harvest Moon is called Bokuj&#333; Monogatari, in japan Story of Seasons is called Bokuj&#333; Monogatari: Tsunagaru Shin Tenchi

souhait

Neo Member
Finally got around to taking pictures of Sega's Shinji & Kaworu:

There are plenty of imperfections and scuff marks (Kaworu's hair is the worst offender), but they have an atmosphere to them that I really like.

AmiAmi wants me to pay ahead of time for the Koto Sakura?
This is new :eek:
Hell yeah if AmiAmi is doing prepaid orders now. Boo if it's the only option though.

I got the same email! And I'd love it if this was a step towards the option to pay at checkout.

Definitely agree with you on this, so good luck with it.
If worst comes to worst... You could always see if you could get a cheap used 3DS game you don't really want that is in a good case, and then swap the cases.

Thanks! I got a resolution from amazon so all is good there. I found a cheap replacament case so I'm going to use that!

Someone told her how picky some people are about video game cases.
If you're that concerned about it, just get a refund and go to a physical retailer so you can select the case yourself.

It's not really about being picky, it's about paying for a product and when said product arrives and isn't in satisfactory condition it's a bit upsetting. Buying a physical copy of a game is more then just having a disk for me it's the whole package. The manual, the case, the disk are all part of what I'm buying, obviously having the game is the number one reason why I bought it but just like how I want my figure boxes to be in the best condition possible, I treat my video game collection the same way, I take pride in displaying my video game cases. I treat all my hobbies equally lol

I respect your opinion and know others view things differently so I have no problem with your view! I just figured I'd explain my view as well.

I'll try and explain a bit further if I can.

The long standing series that the west has known for the longest time as "Harvest Moon" is called "Bokuj&#333; Monogatari" in japan. Every game that has been released in the west as "Harvest Moon" up until "Harvest Moon the lost Valley" has been a localized version of a game from the Bokuj&#333; Monogatari series. This past summer, Marvelous the owner of the Bokuj&#333; Monogatari IP decided that they no longer wanted to have the western publisher Nastume publish the game in the west and instead have their in house team Xseed localize any future Bokuj&#333; Monogatari games in the west.

Since Nastume owns the trademark name of "Harvest Moon" in the west Xseed was unable to continue using the name "Harvest Moon" that western fans are used to so they had to use a new title "Story of Seasons". Story of seasons though is 100% the next installment in the Bokuj&#333; Monogatari series so while it may no longer have the title "Harvest Moon" it is 100% the official series.

Nastume on the other hand developed a game called "Harvest Moon The Lost Valley" that game was developed in house by Natsume and has absolutely zero relation to the Bokuj&#333; Monogatari series and a completely seperate game, Nastume just so happens to be calling it "Harvest Moon" since they own the rights to the name.

TLDR any future game called "Harvest Moon" is in no way related to the Bokuj&#333; Monogatari series, Any game called "Story of Seasons" is in fact the true game in the Bokuj&#333; Monogatari series.

The long standing series that the west has known for the longest time as "Harvest Moon" is called "Bokuj&#333; Monogatari" in japan. Every game that has been released in the west as "Harvest Moon" up until "Harvest Moon the lost Valley" has been a localized version of a game from the Bokuj&#333; Monogatari series. This past summer, Marvelous the owner of the Bokuj&#333; Monogatari IP decided that they no longer wanted to have the western publisher Nastume publish the game in the west and instead have their in house team Xseed localize any future Bokuj&#333; Monogatari games in the west.

oooooh, okay. I get it. It's just a difference in the localization company.

Plastic Memories. Oh man, so much feels. Need Isla figure stat.

Finally got around to taking pictures of Sega's Shinji & Kaworu:

There are plenty of imperfections and scuff marks (Kaworu's hair is the worst offender), but they have an atmosphere to them that I really like.

oh man, I saw that the other day on N-Y for 8k. That's a lot of money for a prize figure. Pre-orders sold out pretty fast, didn't they?

So...my best friend invited me to a "spa party" and said she picked out the package for us. Halfway through I find out she picked the $77 dollar package for pedicures and then it's another forty for manicures... D: My first thought was "I could have preordered (list of desired figures) for that!" D: I usually do that sort of care at home, I don't realize it's so expensive, wow. :/

kierwynn

Ordered Natalia from amazon jp for 7.8k idecccc Also grabbed Arche for 1.9k cause it was cheap and why not. I want all the Tales scales one day. lol Box is a bit beat up in the corner, but idc much about it as long as it protects the figure when I need it to. Had to use a forwarding service but whatever. Shipping from amazon to them is free and BiJ only charges 500 yen to forward, so not like it was a huge extra cost.

I probably shouldn't have since April is a lot right now, but we don't have anything ordered for May, so eh. :p (still gonna hope some stuff delays to May lol)

souhait

Neo Member
oh man, I saw that the other day on N-Y for 8k. That's a lot of money for a prize figure. Pre-orders sold out pretty fast, didn't they?

8k?! Damn, that's ridiculous. Yeah, BiJ sold out quickly when they put them up last fall (and then they canceled a bunch of orders after release). They do show up on Manda for 1500 each but they get snapped up quickly.

Bombless

So...my best friend invited me to a "spa party" and said she picked out the package for us. Halfway through I find out she picked the $77 dollar package for pedicures and then it's another forty for manicures... D: My first thought was "I could have preordered (list of desired figures) for that!" D: I usually do that sort of care at home, I don't realize it's so expensive, wow. :/

ThisIsFigureGAF.jpg

Yeah, it is quite expensive. Every single time that I go cut my hair my wallet weeps.

Acid08

Banned
I wouldn't mind Sepang Miku getting another delay. That would make room for me to get my Madoka scale to complete the set. Of course now that I'd actually be okay with a delay she'll come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom