• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Agito (iOS/Android) announced [Tabata Producing, Details In OP]

duckroll

There's also a "decision" system in the game where the story changes based on the decisions made, but it seems that since this is a social mobile game, the decisions are made based on player polling results. Lol! I love this!

ash_ag

So, I guess this is more of a spin-off. I don't see why it would retcon any of the Type-0 events, and if you "create your own character", I assume it won't actually retell Type-0's story. I find it odd they use the 'Agito' name on something that may not be that big a deal. I mean, they recently updated the Type-0 2 trademark, didn't they?

Kyon

Banned
There's also a "decision" system in the game where the story changes based on the decisions made, but it seems that since this is a social mobile game, the decisions are made based on player polling results. Lol! I love this!

Of course you do
iupCowi4vwpT7.gif

Pooya

I don't think this will be coming over with business model like that and them releasing new chapters every 2 weeks etc, maybe after it is done and concluded they bring it over.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't think this will be coming over with business model like that and them releasing new chapters every 2 weeks etc, maybe after it was done and concluded they bring it over.
They've brought over social games before like Guardian Cross.

That said this takes more localization.

zhorkat

There will be Energy used up when you do missions, which can be replenished via microtransaction items. You can also pay to continue if you fail a mission, and so on.

Just pay $5 for a bunch of energy cans and pretend the game simply costs $5 instead of it being F2P.

Exentryk

It's not looking good, is it? =/

So, I guess this is more of a spin-off. I don't see why it would retcon any of the Type-0 events, and if you "create your own character", I assume it won't actually retell Type-0's story. I find it odd they use the 'Agito' name on something that may not be that big a deal. I mean, they recently updated the Type-0 2 trademark, didn't they?

That was fake.

So, energy can be restored only with money? If that's the case I have no interest in this game at all.
I guess this is the new marketing model they were talking about: releasing the game in pieces, which could have been a good thing if this game wasn't a free t play.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Puh relieved, looks like we arent missing much. For a second i thought this was a realy Type-0 successor, but it sounds like another F2P cash-in.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Puh relieved, looks like we arent missing much. For a second i thought this was a realy Type-0 successor, but it sounds like another F2P cash-in.

Eh, yeah. We were almost there, though! There are mission and job systems, we were so near to having a serious "core" mobile effort, but it's another social f2p eating players' wallets...so, crap. XD

Go_Ly_Dow

Nirolak and duckroll will kill us all! All they do is feed us information on the Japanese industry apocalypse and enjoy it.

I'm getting out of here :(

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Nirolak and duckroll will kill us all! All they do is feed us information on the Japanese industry apocalypse and enjoy it.

I'm getting out of here :(
@SquareEnix: Hey it'd be really funny if you announced TheatRhythm 2 for iOS and then only localized that version.

Whoops, wrong window.

Welp.

Square Enix come on! You were so close with this one. Almost at the finish line and looking good from what we saw. Then you announced this last thing and turned off the entire fanbase. Good job.

On the plus side, crisis averted! We can all go back to ignoring crappy mobile social games.

... Until I inevitably download this and write about how bad it is. OTL

Nerokis

Hrm. Mixed feelings here... On one hand, I'd love to see more legit SE mobile efforts, and a PSP turn-based RPG shouldn't be difficult to adapt to the platform. And it seems this could be an interesting re-imagining/spin-off of Type-0, as opposed to a totally shameless/desperate exploitation. The episodic storytelling, along with the social element, seem like a more or less proper way to leverage the platform (and could all be quite fun!). The business model, however, while probably pretty much standard in Japan (and probably elsewhere), obviously seems sketchy. :\

This is a case where I can see it going in either direction, and I'm really curious what the final result will be. Depends how exactly the business model is implemented, and how it ultimately affects design decisions. I can imagine it looking good and playing well, and being really fun overall, but I can also imagine it feeling like a franchise diminishing cash grab. We'll see what happens.

Either way, I find this pretty interesting. I think this kind of thing is inherently more forgivable than other similar projects, because Type-0 is already a thing, and they're merely giving us more of it in a potentially unique way. It all rides on the execution for me. If it turns out well, and helps justify further expanding the Type-0 universe (including to the West!), then wonderful.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Watch this one get localized and the real Type-0 continue to rot behind Japanese borders.

I would be shocked if this didn't happen. They've localized most of their f2p/mobile titles so far, and I think (?) all of their Final Fantasy ones.

I can't wait for TGS when they announce Dissidia 011 Undecim the Mobile. Free to play with only one playable character (WoL) and the rest you buy, like Theatrhythm iOS.

Takao

Banned
Hrm. Mixed feelings here... On one hand, I'd love to see more legit SE mobile efforts, and a PSP turn-based RPG shouldn't be difficult to adapt to the platform.

I haven't seen much of Type-0 in two years since I don't like crying, but I'm pretty sure it was an action RPG where one of the main complaints were camera controls. Adapting that to a touch-only device would be a task.

zhorkat

I haven't seen much of Type-0 in two years since I don't like crying, but I'm pretty sure it was an action RPG where one of the main complaints were camera controls. Adapting that to a touch-only device would be a task.

Watch the iOS version utilize Apple's new controller APIs and turn out to be the superior Type-0 experience.

Top Bottom