• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Any reason to make more than 1 Kaiser Knuckle? I have 6 Xiaos, and the current plan is to fuse 5 and leave 1 just in case.

Also, I LOVE this LNY event. The rewards are nice and varied. I love the Megacites, Cactuars, and Megacrysts. All the relative blah I was feeling about the game before seems to have disappeared. Chrono getting Yun was the icing on the cake, and it's great how we're theorycrafting new team combos.

I think we really underestimated just how shitty the previous events were. Ariana was good; LNY is great. Even Aquapolis was interesting due to the story reveals.
I am happy that myself getting Yun was enough to remove your "blah" feeling. I know it did the same for me too!

As for your question, I'm farming two of the knuckles for, you guessed it, Yun. Honestly, I'd farm at least two of them for any fist-user you might have in your party. Any beyond that is probably not needed, as fists aren't an extremely common type. But then, because it's more of a niche type, an actual good weapon (i.e., the Kaiser Knuckles) are an even greater asset.

But yeah, I'd aim for two pair at the minimum, just to be safe.

Any reason to make more than 1 Kaiser Knuckle? I have 6 Xiaos, and the current plan is to fuse 5 and leave 1 just in case.

Also, I LOVE this LNY event. The rewards are nice and varied. I love the Megacites, Cactuars, and Megacrysts. All the relative blah I was feeling about the game before seems to have disappeared. Chrono getting Yun was the icing on the cake, and it's great how we're theorycrafting new team combos.

I think we really underestimated just how shitty the previous events were. Ariana was good; LNY is great. Even Aquapolis was interesting due to the story reveals.

Depends I guess. Yun for instance at least right now the best setup is 2 but otherwise I can't see a huge reason for 2 . Personally I want 3 of each weapon as a just in case type of thing.

Is there a way to see the bosses remaining HP? I am now 0 for 9 in beating the damn beast with an esper. I swear the game makes it so that my esper damage falls just short of killing it on purpose. Hell, for shits and giggles I had Refia attack after my esper didn't kill it even though it's life bar was literally empty and she did 89 damage... and killed it. FML

And I've tried every trick in the book with timing the esper attack with no luck. I've never had an issue at all with this before. I don't even want the whip, but now it's personal.

Got the beast cestus so I'll throw that on Yun while I farm a bunch of Kaiser Knuckles for Xiao and him down the road. Have like 8 of her at the moment.

NomarTyme

Is there a way to see the bosses remaining HP? I am now 0 for 9 in beating the damn beast with an esper. I swear the game makes it so that my esper damage falls just short of killing it on purpose. Hell, for shits and giggles I had Refia attack after my esper didn't kill it even though it's life bar was literally empty and she did 89 damage... and killed it. FML

And I've tried every trick in the book with timing the esper attack with no luck. I've never had an issue at all with this before. I don't even want the whip, but now it's personal.
Libra or the other spell that is similar.

took me like 6 damn tries myself

What did is get it to a sliver. Que up a high damage attack

Pop Esper.... wait for animation to hit a certain point.... then pop the high damage attack

If fact if you can somehow time the esper attack into a chain with the finisher thats the way to go

still a huge pain in the ass

Lyrian

If fact if you can somehow time the esper attack into a chain with the finisher thats the way to go

still a huge pain in the ass

This right here.

There's a discussion on Reddit about this at the moment. But, the general consensus is that as a result of the last patch, the window for credit for "defeat X with Y" has tightened considerably.

For credit, the attack (item or esper) must be:
1) The kill shot
2) The overkill shot
3) **MUST** actually chain on-screen with the overkill shot. <--- This is new

Previously, as long as the attack in question landed while someone's long and slow attacking animation was playing (like a Barrage), then the attack counted. Now, the game is actively checking for the expiration of the overkill chain window and cancelling out remaining attacks once that occurs (thereby invalidating the attack and credit for it). This change makes it considerably more difficult than before. But, it is just a matter of re-adjusting to the new timing requirements to chain the whatever into the finishing blow or the overkill.

bonkeng

My wife (Bunches in-game) finally got her first rainbow crystal since launch day (which was Xiao), and gets to join the 5* club too with Mr. Chocobro! My pulls were garbage but I'm happy for her!

Gratz on your wife's new Chocobo pal :)

Grats on the freak rainbow pull! Karma is definitely with you today.

:O Congrats bonkeng! Maybe he showed up because you paid your respects and rewarded you.

Thanks! Pulled a CNY exclusive unit, on CNY day. That's something lol.

A more ideal party would be Rain, Leanna, two of the 3, and another healer who can Rez(if not, just another healer). He's going to be relying on friend units for damage right now. And any fight that requires some mana conservation, is going to be a bit out of his reach for the time being. Hence, why Ling isn't a good pick. As I said, if he wants to add him to his team, it would be for the Esuna and Raise. The best bet for most new players is focus on getting the core, relying on friend units, till they gear their own. Hence, what he needs more is a competent healer, but till then, I would say running two healers is the best bet rather than trying to fill it in with a character that can do everything, but heal. The same issue is still going to pertain that he can't heal anymore than a single hit worth of damage just relying on Leanna.

This banner does not offer that. So, stick with dailies and save the tickets. Maybe he'll get lucky with one of the two pulls, but what he needs more now is the Healer/Tank. Worst comes to worst, he can pick up another 3* to 5* healer with Raise, Curaga, and Esuna on the Orlandu banner. But I'm not going to say chase Ling, who isn't going to help him out with his parties biggest issue right now. Once he gets Luka or Refia, then I think Ling's useful jumps several folds up and you can make the argument.

Give Ling a Cura materia and now she can heal.

To me, this banner is better than Orlandu's. Yun might or might not match up to Orlandu, but Ling and Xiao are definitely better than Soleil, Ovelia, Lawrence.

There won't be a banner in the near future with a good healer. Running 2 5* healers in a party is not efficient anyway. Just a waste of unit space imo.

I'm not saying that he should go and chase after Ling, no one should chase after a single unit. My point is Ling's all-rounder role can help him now and in the future.

But you'll just disagree to what I've said because we have different opinions on Ling. I value her more, you value her less. Let's just move on.

Lyrian

Give Ling a Cura materia and now she can heal.

To me, this banner is better than Orlandu's. Yun might or might not match up to Orlandu, but Ling and Xiao are definitely better than Soleil, Ovelia, Lawrence.

There won't be a banner in the near future with a good healer. Running 2 5* healers in a party is not efficient anyway. Just a waste of unit space imo.

I'm not saying that he should go and chase after Ling, no one should chase after a single unit. My point is Ling's all-rounder role can help him now and in the future.

But you'll just disagree to what I've said because we have different opinions on Ling. I value her more, you value her less. Let's just move on.

Minor caveat here.... Ling can't wield white magic, only green. Still, wielding Cura can be achieved by junctioning Carbunkle onto her.

Also, she seems to feel like a unit made with enhancements in mind. It is almost a complete certainty the the duration of her breaks will be lengthened via enhancements once WoL gets his 6* and then enhancements hit global (and of course Gumi gets around to actually giving her enhancements, which could be quite a while or not).

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
On more important notes, Rainbow Chizzy will be cutting my time with my current down. Also only going with one Miyuki for now. Will have her sword, Giglameshs, and Chifi where it seems like a bit of a waste to go for two in the current state.

bonkeng

Minor caveat here.... Ling can't wield white magic, only green. Still, wielding Cura can be achieved by junctioning Carbunkle onto her.

Also, she seems to feel like a unit made with enhancements in mind. It is almost a complete certainty the the duration of her breaks will be lengthened via enhancements once WoL gets his 6* and then enhancements hit global (and of course Gumi gets around to actually giving her enhancements, which could be quite a while or not).

Oops. Lol i thought it was white magic. But yeah Carbuncle should help Ling.

I agree, she could use some enhancements down the line. Her break duration will not be enough in future harder content.

chrono01

Decided to use a ticket before bed
Gold...yes maybe it's ling
Rainbow...!!

Gilgamesh!
I feel so lucky with thi game now
Congrats! :)

Also, on an un-related note...

I GOT THE EVENT WHIP!

Man, that was rough. Not gonna lie, Yun's normal attack does more damage than I thought. Those multi-attacks are deceiving.

Also, my first 600+ attack character. I know, doesn't measure up to you 800+ attack people (you guys/gals are awesome), but I'm getting there!

chrono01

Edit: Should ask... do you feel da powaful now?
I've definitely leveled up in the power department, however there's a ways to go yet. Nice feeling though, that I at least have something to work towards!

Shun is the shit. Dropping that gold medallion is fucking awesome.
Yeah, it's great.

It surprised me the first time, since I hadn't seen the LB animation before using it. I certainly didn't expect that.

Lyrian

I agree, she could use some enhancements down the line. Her break duration will not be enough in future harder content.

It wouldn't be fair to WoL to give Ling an equivalent debuff a full month in advance of his upgrade. But definitely, her debuff duration will get adjusted once the smoke clears down the road when enhancements arrive on global.

All that said, time to play "what is this week's new event"?

As the CNY event is an exploration event, next up would be a Mog King Event. As we all know at this point, there are two candidates --> FFZ2 and FFT2.

Looking at the JP release schedule, a series of coincidences caused me to raise an eyebrow.

-- Had the CNY "global exclusive" event not occured, this week's exploration should have been FF2.

-- However, according to release schedule, FF2 occured **after** the release of Zoldaad, Part 2.

-- Global is still missing Zoldaad, Part 2.

-- Patches usually occur on story mission release days.

-- Therefore, the CNY "global exclusive" event occurred because the servers are missing the required patch needed to run the FF2 event.

So with that logic in mind:

1) FFZ2: Does not require the missing patch. No straight datamine of the event has been found yet, but lots of potential placeholders from previous patch.

2) FFT2: Does require the Zoldaad, Part 2 patch. Can still occur, but would require the release of the the rest of the island (or another painful half, if Zoldaad is being cut into fourths). Reasonably plausable as well.

We'll likely know in roughly 60 hours or so. Which one does everyone believe the event is going to be?

Lyrian

I GOT THE EVENT WHIP!

Man, that was rough. Not gonna lie, Yun's normal attack does more damage than I thought. Those multi-attacks are deceiving.

Also, my first 600+ attack character. I know, doesn't measure up to you 800+ attack people (you guys/gals are awesome), but I'm getting there!

Grats!

Now, we need to figure out how to help Panther get the whip as well.

Broke 600 ATK last week. Felt good. Kudos on the achievement, as well!

Muku

Hopefully one that doesn't suck. We've had too many awful ones lately that I am okay with these more interesting ones.

Edit: This 90 grind is real. ;_; Please Yun. Please. Just get to 100 already. I've been fucking farming make-it-fucking-end Coast since I got off work yesterday to get this boy to 100. And here he sits. One level each run now. Riding his Chocobo. All smug. "Yeah, I'm a real badass 93." Fuck 93 chief. Be 100 allready.

Muku

I haven't seen a need to go after whip. I don't have Dark Fina... is there anyone of major interest in future that will use one? I've just kind of thought of passing on it...

chrono01

I haven't seen a need to go after whip. I don't have Dark Fina... is there anyone of major interest in future that will use one? I've just kind of thought of passing on it...
You can use it on your Yun until you get the Kaiser Knuckles (or something better comes along).

It's a free item, but it is a headache to get. I need all event-exclusive weapons though (even if they're horrible), 'cause I collect all things. >_<

Muku

You can use it on your Yun until you get the Kaiser Knuckles (or something better comes along).

It's a free item, but it is a headache to get. I need all event-exclusive weapons though (even if they're horrible), 'cause I collect all things. >_<

I'm currently using the Winged Saint, so I dunno. I don't feel like it's an urgent thing. It has Beast Killer which is cool but I don't feel like is breaking. It's a little more in attack. But is the trouble really worth it when he's using a Winged Saint?

Celegus

Wow I feel really lucky that I managed to get all 3 missions on my very first attempt. Just queued everything up and tried to time the item right with 3 different people, luckily it counted for everything.

Yun with Beast Killer innate + on whip + Ifrit esper... that sounds too good to pass up. (if only I had a Yun)

Muku

Wow I feel really lucky that I managed to get all 3 missions on my very first attempt. Just queued everything up and tried to time the item right with 3 different people, luckily it counted for everything.

Yun with Beast Killer innate + on whip + Ifrit esper... that sounds too good to pass up. (if only I had a Yun)

My problem is figuring out which shitty esper mine is going on. ;_; Using Ifrit while leveling, but I have Luneth on Ifrit otherwise. CAN WE GET NON SHITTY ESPERS ALREADY!? ;_;

chrono01

I'm currently using the Winged Saint, so I dunno. I don't feel like it's an urgent thing. It has Beast Killer which is cool but I don't feel like is breaking. It's a little more in attack. But is the trouble really worth it when he's using a Winged Saint?
Oh, thought you had Dual Wield and could use them both. :(

As for if it's worth the trouble, I can't really say. I don't know how many upcoming event bosses will be vulnerable to Beast Killer. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable of the Japanese version could chime in?

Maybe give it a few tries and see how it goes? It didn't take me an exceptional number of tries, I just had to take my time whittling down his HP as much as I could without killing him.

Muku

Oh, thought you had Dual Wield and could use them both. :(

As for if it's worth the trouble, I can't really say. I don't know how many upcoming event bosses will be vulnerable to Beast Killer. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable of the Japanese version could chime in?

Maybe give it a few tries and see how it goes? It didn't take me an exceptional number of tries, I just had to take my time whittling down his HP as much as I could without killing him.

I only have one dual wield and that is currently on CoD. :( I have more Zidane, but currently working on Dual Cast right now for Refia. Not sure after I get DC what to work on, but feel like DC is a neccessity. So technically, I could dual wield.. but I'm not going to remove from CoD. :)

Depending on next event stuff... I might see if we can get macro stuff working if it's not all that interesting. I need lots of stuff. ;_;

Yun is trying my patience. Or maybe it's Gumi. Wasted all those Cactaur things for Grande Burrito and then this event comes and we get shitting crystal chamber. Urgh.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So with that logic in mind:

1) FFZ2: Does not require the missing patch. No straight datamine of the event has been found yet, but lots of potential placeholders from previous patch.

2) FFT2: Does require the Zoldaad, Part 2 patch. Can still occur, but would require the release of the the rest of the island (or another painful half, if Zoldaad is being cut into fourths). Reasonably plausable as well.

We'll likely know in roughly 60 hours or so. Which one does everyone believe the event is going to be?

You know it's going to be FFZero P2.

The banner I'm most excited for is the FFII. Every single TM for the 3* and 4* units are fantastic for your DPS.

The 3* units provide either 10%ATK/30%HP or 15% each.
The 4* units provide either 30%ATK and 5% Dodge... or this fantastic sucker, of 30%ATK with Sword and 20%ATK with Heavy Armor. For the likes of Luneth and Giglamesh that can equip both, get bonuses for sword already. This alone is a 96ATK increase. Basically, it's equivalent to Blade Mastery.

But you can't loose with any of the banner unit TMs.

The worst one is probably the 10%ATK and 30%HP, but even one the more fragile DPS.... that 30% HP is going to massive boost their HP(1000 between 1300) if they are potted or not.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Decided to use a ticket before bed
Gold...yes maybe it's ling
Rainbow...!!

Gilgamesh!
I feel so lucky with thi game now

You fuckin won....Gilga was my first base 5* unit - he is so good. Hits so hard and the best TM in the game. Was so lucky when i pulled him....honestly everything i got after him is just a nice extra, but he is the essential part of all my teams. Divider hits hard lol.

Malakhov

Banned
You fuckin won....Gilga was my first base 5* unit - he is so good. Hits so hard and the best TM in the game. Was so lucky when i pulled him....honestly everything i got after him is just a nice extra, but he is the essential part of all my teams. Divider hits hard lol.

Gilgamesh is great, he is the driving force of my party. Divider for multiple ennemies and tripe slash for single targets. I love him.

Malakhov

Banned
You know it's going to be FFZero P2.

The banner I'm most excited for is the FFII. Every single TM for the 3* and 4* units are fantastic for your DPS.

The 3* units provide either 10%ATK/30%HP or 15% each.
The 4* units provide either 30%ATK and 5% Dodge... or this fantastic sucker, of 30%ATK with Sword and 20%ATK with Heavy Armor. For the likes of Luneth and Giglamesh that can equip both, get bonuses for sword already. This alone is a 96ATK increase. Basically, it's equivalent to Blade Mastery.

But you can't loose with any of the banner unit TMs.

The worst one is probably the 10%ATK and 30%HP, but even one the more fragile DPS.... that 30% HP is going to massive boost their HP(1000 between 1300) if they are potted or not.

Welcome back shintoki!
You got me intrigued about this banner, whom are the units and their tms? I could very well use the lapis I have for 10+1 pulls and also my tickets. Those tms sound awesome, I'd want them for my gilga.

Broseybrose

Oh hell yes!

Got the Esper kill and item kill in one go!

After about 10 tries! At least 5 of those I just accidentally killed Nian while trying to whittle his health to nothing.

BTW much thanks to all my GAF friends sharing Roided Noctis! (Not fake Noctis lol)

And todays free pull was Ling #2.

250 pull was Xiao #4! And that's not counting the 2 I already fused lol.

Still in the Hi-4 club and probably will be until Orlandu (hopefully, maybe longer) when I decide to go all out and spend everything I have.

This time around I got Ling on my first 11 pull so I stopped pulling after that.

20k in reserve and over 20 tix!

(i don't think i can waste even 1 more nrg on a whip i don't really want or need)

(thanks but 10-15 tries was enough)

I can totally relate to that feel, but what else you gonna do with your energy in this game? Plus its a pretty sweet whip.

Also, welcome back OP!

Azuran

Banned
I've definitely leveled up in the power department, however there's a ways to go yet. Nice feeling though, that I at least have something to work towards!

Is a pretty great feeling isn't it? TM farming actually means something once you have a plan in place.

Right now I'm putting all of my effort into making my Elza into a beast with her Demon Scythe, Power of Creation, and Seal of Destruction on the way. The fact that she gets her own unique 20% ATK materia is even better since that means less TM farming to to so she should be set for good in that department for a while.

After that I'll work on two braces and Black Cowl and that should be as good as mine is getting until a better body comes along.

Muku

Sweet. Got Yun to 100. Got his Black Belt Gi in the cooker. Trying to get one more Fire Megacryst for a Tiger Mask for him. Then it's Megacryst farming for some Hero Rings for him.

Edit: Is Westersand still the best place for the Fire Megacryst?

KeRaSh

I GOT THE EVENT WHIP!

Congrats! I remember when I first broke 600 ATK. Feels good man.
Next stop 700!
Unfortunately my fully potted Noctis is stuck at 799 even with Ifrit. I'm using him with Diabolos anyways so it doesn't trigger my OCD...

Broseybrose

Sweet. Got Yun to 100. Got his Black Belt Gi in the cooker. Trying to get one more Fire Megacryst for a Tiger Mask for him. Then it's Megacryst farming for some Hero Rings for him.

Best place to farm Fire Megacrysts is 5 NRG INT Nian Exploration!

After that goes away best place will prob be Fire Shrine.

Shouta

Looks like Espers are finally getting a damage boost in JP. Bahamut apparently has ALL of the killers as his skills, lol.

Muku

Best place to farm Fire Megacrysts is 5 NRG INT Nian Exploration!

After that goes away best place will prob be Fire Shrine.

Hmmm.... Megacrysts pop up in the 5RNF Nian? Shows you how much I paid attention last night. But then again it was late. Thank you!

Never heard of Fire Shrine being a good place for them. Hm.

Broseybrose

Hmmm.... Megacrysts pop up in the 5RNF Nian? Shows you how much I paid attention last night. But then again it was late. Thank you!

Never heard of Fire Shrine being a good place for them. Hm.

The 1st orb behind the house and the last orb before Nian are where they drop in abundance!

As for Fire Shrine, Im just guessing. Its got to be a good place to farm Fire Megacrysts!

Hopefully the wiki will update, but it still says Zahedi Westersands is best after 5NRG Nian.

Muku

The 1st orb behind the house and the last orb before Nian are where they drop in abundance!

As for Fire Shrine, Im just guessing. Its got to be a good place to farm Fire Megacrysts!

Hopefully the wiki will update, but it still says Zahedi Westersands is best after 5NRG Nian.

Okay, that's where I was running earlier. Ran a bunch of times and only got 2. In the same run. Allowed me to get the Tiger Mask in the oven. Just 19 more for Hero Rings... x_x Will probably farm 5RNG Nian tomorrow. Top priority to get Yun up to snuff as best as I can.

After that... probably continue with the little story they gave us just to stay afloat in that. I should probably get the notes for rest of Ariana's gear.. but I dunno.

At reset there is a 20% MP thing, correct?

chrono01

Is a pretty great feeling isn't it? TM farming actually means something once you have a plan in place.

Right now I'm putting all of my effort into making my Elza into a beast with her Demon Scythe, Power of Creation, and Seal of Destruction on the way. The fact that she gets her own unique 20% ATK materia is even better since that means less TM farming to to so she should be set for good in that department for a while.

After that I'll work on two braces and Black Cowl and that should be as good as mine is getting until a better body comes along.
Yeah, it's an amazing feeling for sure.

The game had no purpose for me before (at least, that's how I felt). Now I have a goal, something to strive for. It's what I needed to renew my interest.

Nice work! :)

Congrats! I remember when I first broke 600 ATK. Feels good man.
Next stop 700!
Unfortunately my fully potted Noctis is stuck at 799 even with Ifrit. I'm using him with Diabolos anyways so it doesn't trigger my OCD...
Thanks.

Yes, 700 ATK is next, and then ever onwards!

Muku

Free Summon on Main: Bedile (........)
1/2 Summon on Main: Ludmille (That's my third. Do I need 3 DC?)

Free Summon on Alt: Gold -> Celes (Fuck, again?)
1/2 Summon on Alt: Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom