• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Free was Maria and Half was Exdeath.

My luck was all on Luneth. xD Still trying to save my Lapis. I might spend it on orlandu banner but we'll see. With no VIII event in sight I should have plenty of time to hoard lapis for it.

Raika

Free: Xiao #3
Daily: Sabin

Stopping daily pulls at this point, will just stick to free pulls. Getting really crappy pulls from my 250s this banner.

Muku

Free: Xiao #3
Daily: Sabin

Stopping daily pulls at this point, will just stick to free pulls. Getting really crappy pulls from my 250s this banner.

I don't blame you. I did that yesterday. Today I figured maybe luck would change. Nope. So going to stop on main for this banner. I pull on alt in hopes of something useful for my group. But newp.

desverger

Free was Maria and Half was Exdeath.

My luck was all on Luneth. xD Still trying to save my Lapis. I might spend it on orlandu banner but we'll see. With no VIII event in sight I should have plenty of time to hoard lapis for it.

ExDee is actually one of the better mages at the moment. He can go up to 6* and learns innate Double BLM.

Don't forget chests respawn! Upper left one has a ticket.

That's strange, I opened that chest but I don't think I actually got the ticket. I checked my ticket count before and after, and I swear it's been the same. Has anyone else had the same issue?

edit: guess it's just not me then :p

fionel

Just tried out Diabolos in JP. Does around 44k damage to mobs in the new bahamut map now compared to around 10k before. Not exactly anything to write home about in the face of my party members easily doing over 500k damage, but hey this should make those "finish xxx with summons" challenges easier!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah i was wondering where my Ticket went lol.

Also cleared Nian Beast ADV with a Limit BUust still didnt get the Megacite Reward...weird.

chrono01

Watch as Gumi tries to argue against our "free ticket, by saying the color of chest doesn't match what was described in the description (hence no free ticket, working as intended!). It's Coropatiron (Chain Chronicle) all over again!

bonkeng

Watch as Gumi tries to argue against our "free ticket, by saying the color of chest doesn't match what was described in the description (hence no free ticket, working as intended!). It's Coropatiron (Chain Chronicle) all over again!

Hahahahaha. Coro mess was epic indeed. Too bad i just started when it happened, didn't try the raid.

But it seems Gumi have changed for the better since then. Compensation is much better now than before.

chrono01

Hahahahaha. Coro mess was epic indeed. Too bad i just started when it happened, didn't try the raid.

But it seems Gumi have changed for the better since then. Compensation is much better now than before.
Haha, yeah. I was mostly joking. I expect we'll get ample compensation for this, I'm not worried in the slightest.

Still, some memories never fade. The horror. O_O

desverger

Lol, I'd forgotten all about that.

It was a fake ticket.

fionel

Wow the new Bahamut exploration map is no joke. Some of the mobs can 1-shot my my fully decked party members if I get ambushed. (6k+ hp onion knight from a friend for example) Good thing I have virtually limitless-mp thanks to Ramza or else this would be a tough grind!

tuffymon

Hahaha. I actually have no use for Yun after this event. His only saving grace for me is his TM. I want Ling more lol.

So it's a dud? No worries, Gumi shall compensate with 5.

I think Yun is one of the few units I could pull that could find a spot on my team / rotation. His Tm is just icing on the cake... Making the crazy Firion would have been super fun :p I like Ling though, I want to try messing with her when I level her up more, kinda a shame she doesn't learn sword dance though.

Kinda wondering how much damage she could do dual wielding with an aurora scarf on her super buffed round... with defense down of course >.>;

Rixa

Decided to use a ticket before bed
Gold...yes maybe it's ling
Rainbow...!!

Gilgamesh!
I feel so lucky with thi game now

You fuckin won....Gilga was my first base 5* unit - he is so good. Hits so hard and the best TM in the game. Was so lucky when i pulled him....honestly everything i got after him is just a nice extra, but he is the essential part of all my teams. Divider hits hard lol.

@Eggy grats for joining Gilgy club :p. So great unit :).

Daily: Vaan -> 5% more to Maxmillian
Freebie: Shantotto, 5% more to 5th 30% MAG (80% done with dupes).

Aaaatrrrrrgggg I've just had my first troll rainbow. Feels bad man.
16298694_10155750455818989_4114222719294854135_n.jpg

bonkeng

I think Yun is one of the few units I could pull that could find a spot on my team / rotation. His Tm is just icing on the cake... Making the crazy Firion would have been super fun :p I like Ling though, I want to try messing with her when I level her up more, kinda a shame she doesn't learn sword dance though.

Kinda wondering how much damage she could do dual wielding with an aurora scarf on her super buffed round... with defense down of course >.>;

Don't get me wrong, Yun is a great unit. It's just that I already have units with good synergy and better weapon selection, simply adding Yun in my team might break that synergy. I'll farm some more TMs for Yun and see how he fits in my team. Need 1 more Snow though for that perfect build.

6th Ling ? How often did you pull on this Banner lol ? Still hoping/waiting on my first.

About to ask him the same question. 6 Ling and here I am with 0. She's my target this banner.

Rixa

bonkeng

Same here, over 20 pulls made and no Ling (no Yun either) :D.

I used up 10 tix on the first day, hoping to get her. No luck. I'm not using anymore tix, but still doing dailies for her. Getting Yun from dailies yesterday definitely helped in curbing the itch to pull more for her too.

Free pull and ticket pull was garbage 3* units. Daily was a second Cecil which is a great get since I'm trying to go for 2 Excaliburs. Also finished up all Nian Beast and got all rewards. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Was just a play slow and steady to not wipe out. The only version that gave me trouble for rewards was Pro version which took me 4 tries to get all three.
Guess all there is now to do is TM farm again and do daily New Years festival quest.

Muku

I would take a troll Rainbow Agrias (especially since I don't even have her) over my first troll Rainbow last week of fucking Ingus. Agrias at least has useful TM. And... well... I would like her now game. ;_; Hell, I'd even take a troll Rainbow of WoL right now game. Assuming you don't want to give me Noctis, Lightning, or Gilga...

LOL wow. Also they better compensate nicely. I would like 5 tickets. I would say more free pulls but that has been bollocks anyway so meh.

Also, so far so good on Megacrysts. Got 7 out of the few runs of 5RNG runs I did tonight (including one for daily). 12 more to go in total~

Xion86

Today's pulls:
Free: Kuja
Daily: GOLD...Snow (That was my first Snow! :D)

Okay today I'll be finishing off the story. On the
Fire Shrine

Alkez

It wouldn't be fair to WoL to give Ling an equivalent debuff a full month in advance of his upgrade. But definitely, her debuff duration will get adjusted once the smoke clears down the road when enhancements arrive on global.

All that said, time to play "what is this week's new event"?

As the CNY event is an exploration event, next up would be a Mog King Event. As we all know at this point, there are two candidates --> FFZ2 and FFT2.

Looking at the JP release schedule, a series of coincidences caused me to raise an eyebrow.

-- Had the CNY "global exclusive" event not occured, this week's exploration should have been FF2.

-- However, according to release schedule, FF2 occured **after** the release of Zoldaad, Part 2.

-- Global is still missing Zoldaad, Part 2.

-- Patches usually occur on story mission release days.

-- Therefore, the CNY "global exclusive" event occurred because the servers are missing the required patch needed to run the FF2 event.

So with that logic in mind:

1) FFZ2: Does not require the missing patch. No straight datamine of the event has been found yet, but lots of potential placeholders from previous patch.

2) FFT2: Does require the Zoldaad, Part 2 patch. Can still occur, but would require the release of the the rest of the island (or another painful half, if Zoldaad is being cut into fourths). Reasonably plausable as well.

We'll likely know in roughly 60 hours or so. Which one does everyone believe the event is going to be?

Hmm that's interesting. Guess we're getting Z2 then. Was kind of hoping for Tactics 2. Not that I'm pulling but I was looking forward to seeing other people mass pulling lol.

Looks like Espers are finally getting a damage boost in JP. Bahamut apparently has ALL of the killers as his skills, lol.

Damn...do we know it's stats yet?

bonkeng

Damn I failed PRO mission "No ability use" while only doing auto attacks all the way. I can only think of Yun's double normal attack or Noctis' auto counter that triggered the fail.

took me like 6 damn tries myself

What did is get it to a sliver. Que up a high damage attack

Pop Esper.... wait for animation to hit a certain point.... then pop the high damage attack

If fact if you can somehow time the esper attack into a chain with the finisher thats the way to go

still a huge pain in the ass

This right here.

There's a discussion on Reddit about this at the moment. But, the general consensus is that as a result of the last patch, the window for credit for "defeat X with Y" has tightened considerably.

For credit, the attack (item or esper) must be:
1) The kill shot
2) The overkill shot
3) **MUST** actually chain on-screen with the overkill shot. <--- This is new

Previously, as long as the attack in question landed while someone's long and slow attacking animation was playing (like a Barrage), then the attack counted. Now, the game is actively checking for the expiration of the overkill chain window and cancelling out remaining attacks once that occurs (thereby invalidating the attack and credit for it). This change makes it considerably more difficult than before. But, it is just a matter of re-adjusting to the new timing requirements to chain the whatever into the finishing blow or the overkill.

Thank you both. I'm going to take a break and do some TM farming to get a couple of Kaiser Knuckles for my Yun (since I have 12 Xiao units), but when I try again I'll use this advice.

Rookie as hell question, but why can't I use certain items in battle? My grenades, body boosts etc are all greyed out every time. I finally had enough and decided to ask. Is there an ability to use them or something?

Rookie as hell question, but why can't I use certain items in battle? My grenades, body boosts etc are all greyed out every time. I finally had enough and decided to ask. Is there an ability to use them or something?

You need the "Throw" ability equipped to that unit. It's Shadows TM not sure which units have it innately.

Malakhov

Banned
I bought more friend slots so if you want to, you can add me:

Id 394, 684, 820

I only add if I see GAF in the comments or name though. I only have GAF members in my friend's list. But I think a lot of new players joined us.

Thanks!

Alkez

Damn I failed PRO mission "No ability use" while only doing auto attacks all the way. I can only think of Yun's double normal attack or Noctis' auto counter that triggered the fail.

Same here. Was annoying, but I didn't bother to redo it. I feel like it's going to be one of those missions that just never works for me.

Niahak

I used only green magic, black magic (no dual casting), and limit breaks and also didn't get it... although I suppose I did get one Noctis counter which might've ruined things.

The requirements for that one seem way too strict. Not worth it for the 5x awakening materials.

I used only green magic, black magic (no dual casting), and limit breaks and also didn't get it... although I suppose I did get one Noctis counter which might've ruined things.

The requirements for that one seem way too strict. Not worth it for the 5x awakening materials.

Yeah it must be that because I used dualcast and black and green magic and got it also used an esper and LBs so it must be the counter thing

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

It's not really hard. A single dualcast Exdeath can clear all the mobs by himself and just have charged LBs for the boss. All 3 in one go, where nothing will survive a turn.

Rootbeer

Banned
Already finished my first dualcast for refia, but got another ludmille so i'll have to grind another one eventually.

finished my Ring of the Lucii too

Now I just need to finish my DW for Noctis (over 80%) and he'll be pretty damn nice.

Niahak

Yeah it must be that because I used dualcast and black and green magic and got it also used an esper and LBs so it must be the counter thing

Darn! I figured dualcast might count as an ability so I held off on using it.

If I decide it's worth the energy, I'll come back with a spellcasting team and drop Noctis so he doesn't counter anything.

Darn! I figured dualcast might count as an ability so I held off on using it.

If I decide it's worth the energy, I'll come back with a spellcasting team and drop Noctis so he doesn't counter anything.

Just look at the corner of the ability if it has a colored circle it's a spell if it has nothing it's an ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom