• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
There was always going to be a valentines banner. The question is whether or not it will delay Orlandu. It's cutting it real close.

Lyrian

Is there any way to know how much HP an enemy has remaining?

Libra (extremely easily craftable and many units and espers have it as well) or Analyze.

Be aware though, Libra/Analyze only gives you the HP readout at the moment in time where the spell/ability is cast. It doesn't keep a running total on screen of the enemy's health. You'll have to recast the spell/ability everytime you want to look at an updated count of the enemy's remaining health.

mstevens

Free: 3rd or 4th Shadow
1/2 off: Xiao

Hmm crappy pulls all week but I guess I can't complain too much

Did my first 100 NRG or so of TM farming last night which felt pretty good to start.

Lyrian

giphy.gif

Sorry man, if true. I think Reddit is starting to slowly come to the realization that Orlandu is going to be delayed again, which is really pissing them off.

There's one more possibility I hadn't realized from the previous post. The Global Exclusive Valentine's Day event could very well be the next Mog King event. It would run 2/3 to 2/16, which is an ideal window for the event.

That would give two more weeks for the needed patch to come out, which would place FF2 at 2/17-2/23.

That would mean that the earliest Orlandu would be released is 2/24. But, if Gumi stalls again and pulls out FFZ2 first.... that's going to push Orlandu all the way to Mid-March. Reddit wasn't kidding when a few people were starting to grumble about that.

Oh boy, if true.

Yup, that GIF is relevant.

I summoned her with Exdeath. She got a weakness bonus too because the enemies were fire based.

Ok, no evoking bonus then. Even with the weakness bonus, that's quite an impressive upgrade for espers without an actual 3* upgrade against actual relevant content.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Sorry man, if true. I think Reddit is starting to slowly come to the realization that Orlandu is going to be delayed again, which is really pissing them off.

There's one more possibility I hadn't realized from the previous post. The Global Exclusive Valentine's Day event could very well be the next Mog King event. It would run 2/3 to 2/16, which is an ideal window for the event.

That would give two more weeks for the needed patch to come out, which would place FF2 at 2/17-2/23.

That would mean that the earliest Orlandu would be released is 2/24. But, if Gumi stalls again and pulls out FFZ2 first.... that's going to push Orlandu all the way to Mid-March. Reddit wasn't kidding when a few people were starting to grumble about that.

Oh boy, if true.

Yup, that GIF is relevant.

Ok, no evoking bonus then. Even with the weakness bonus, that's quite an impressive upgrade for espers without an actual 3* upgrade against actual relevant content.

Well, they only have themselves to blame. The advantage of knowing what is to come thanks to JPN.... at the same time having to wait for it.

Lyrian

Well, they only have themselves to blame. The advantage of knowing what is to come thanks to JPN.... at the same time having to wait for it.

The devs are definitely well aware of the situation, and alluded (in the same stream, I think?) that they were going to mix things up here to counter Global's precognition of what JP has already has. Gumi admitted that Global will eventually get all of the non-JP-exclusive units. However, they were quick to point out that there are no guarantees on the ordering or timing when units will appear on Global.

The expectation now is that there will be a lot of Global Exclusive units that rival (or possibly exceed) top-tier chase units on JP to get people out of the mindset of hording for units like Orlandu, Tidus, Onion Knight, and so in.

Also... Natza says he has datamined the Ariana event in today's JP patch. How long until the outrage is unleashed when JP Ariana is revealed to be 3x better than Global Ariana?

The devs are definitely well aware of the situation, and alluded (in the same stream, I think?) that they were going to mix things up here to counter Global's precognition of what JP has already has. Gumi admitted that Global will eventually get all of the non-JP-exclusive units. However, they were quick to point out that there are no guarantees on the ordering or timing when units will appear on Global.

The expectation now is that there will be a lot of Global Exclusive units that rival (or possibly exceed) top-tier chase units on JP to get people out of the mindset of hording for units like Orlandu, Tidus, Onion Knight, and so in.

Also... Natza says he has datamined the Ariana event in today's JP patch. How long until the outrage is unleashed when JP Ariana is revealed to be 3x better than Global Ariana?

This is what is going to happen and I don't think people really understand that. If you look at Brave Frontier, Global Exclusives most of the time take a shit on top tier units that are in both JPN and Global. I wouldn't be surprised at all if that trend continues here. Here is Orlandu! 2 weeks later and here is this Global Exclusive that you didn't know about that makes Orlandu look like Shadow! ENJOY!

Syntsui

Let's see how many of us won't be able to save resources when everybidy starts pulling Orlandu.

Shit banner or not, we are weak as fuck.

Muku

Oh ffs. Valentine's exclusives? Do we need awful reincarnations of currently awful characters (for most part) in every holiday? Fuck.

evangd007

The flaw with that plan, of course, is that those characters would have to be original and not classic FF characters which is half the reason why we play. The appeal of Orlandu is half the 98/100 Altema rating and half the fact that he's freaking Thunder God Cid.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Well, it's to be expect, just like how JPN Noctis would not work on GL servers.

But I agree with that. The only miss so far has been the Halloween units, which are on par with Ramza and Delita... which I guess is fitting, since they aren't particular good.

But the rest have basically taken top spots.
Noctis, I really don't think Orlandu can fully unseat him. Orlandu is a damage machine, but that is it. Noctis while hitting very hard, provides such possibly the most well rounded kit yet. Heal, MP Recover, Break, multiple elements, and strong damage. And he does everything extremely well.
Noel, while not getting the same fan fair since he is a tank, he lacks Cecil's buff and heals, he can attract more and take more damage.
Elza still has the best break in GL I believe and is at least on par with Lightning, Luneth, etc damage wise.

And Ying is another very well done unit. Damage wise, on par with Giglamesh and we already have excellent gear for him. Between the knuckles, belts, and his own TM.

Basically, their new 5* units have been pretty solid.
Both Ling and Santa Rosa are a step down I feel from the higher tier 4s, but not bad at all either.

Celegus

The flaw with that plan, of course, is that those characters would have to be original and not classic FF characters which is half the reason why we play. The appeal of Orlandu is half the 98/100 Altema rating and half the fact that he's freaking Thunder God Cid.
Sadly the latter is lost on me... missed out on FFT as a kid, so I only played it later on the PSP remake. Story didn't really stick with me, so I couldn't even begin to tell you a single thing about him or what he did in the game. Honestly don't remember him at all, heh. I think the awful slowdown soured me on the whole thing.

Oh ffs. Valentine's exclusives? Do we need awful reincarnations of currently awful characters (for most part) in every holiday? Fuck.

Inb4the4thofjulybanner!

#murica!

We all knew Orlandu's banner was gonna be shit if it is just like JP but I gives no fucks. TGC is the last unit that I deemed necessary since I started at launch and I'm going to go HAM to get him. HHHAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!

Speaking on the new GL exclusives outside of Elza which I obtained I really don't care for anything. I rolled for Elza and spent some cash because of what she brings to the table in her package. Sick dps and the best def & spirit break to date. This banner is great for those who need the units offered or dont have stacked teams. I really do like the fact that they are offering new unique things......just not at the expense of Orlandu's banner. I need it now!

200w.gif

tuffymon

Sadly the latter is lost on me... missed out on FFT as a kid, so I only played it later on the PSP remake. Story didn't really stick with me, so I couldn't even begin to tell you a single thing about him or what he did in the game. Honestly don't remember him at all, heh. I think the awful slowdown soured me on the whole thing.

Did... did you beat the game? or use even him? The guy soloed stages because he was figuratively a god in that game... He literally just ran around smashing things in one round without even changing his kit up, the only thing more op than him may have been the guy who could use galaxy stop, but he didn't join the party...

Zalasta

I still have about 72000 currency from the last (type-0) event, need to use them before Thursday. Debating between the 70K moogle or all of the gigantaurs + miscellaneous stuff (already got all the tickets/SQ/weapon/accessory and 1 of each materias, I don't really need any 6* awakening materials having already stocked up previously). Any suggestion?

Celegus

Did... did you beat the game? or use even him? The guy soloed stages because he was figuratively a god in that game... He literally just ran around smashing things in one round without even changing his kit up, the only thing more op than him may have been the guy who could use galaxy stop, but he didn't join the party...
Yeah, I beat it and did a bunch of the optional stuff to get Cloud and other cameo people. I do have a horrible memory for stories in general though. Whenever the next Stormlight Archive book comes out, I'm gonna need to reread the synopses for the previous books (again) because I just can't retain this stuff, no matter how hard I try or enjoy it. Pretty annoying to be honest.

tuffymon

Yeah, I beat it and did a bunch of the optional stuff to get Cloud and other cameo people. I do have a horrible memory for stories in general though. Whenever the next Stormlight Archive book comes out, I'm gonna need to reread the synopses for the previous books (again) because I just can't retain this stuff, no matter how hard I try or enjoy it. Pretty annoying to be honest.

I can't remember much of the story outside of a few key points (other than the ending), some awesome and terrible fights... like the assassins on the rooftop ughhhhh. I also can't forget some of the coolest people either... t.g cid, agrias, the galaxy stop guy... It's been so many years though, wish fft2 would have graced us... please no ffta, i felt it was an abomination

Muku

I can't remember much of the story outside of a few key points (other than the ending), some awesome and terrible fights... like the assassins on the rooftop ughhhhh. I also can't forget some of the coolest people either... t.g cid, agrias, the galaxy stop guy... It's been so many years though, wish fft2 would have graced us... please no ffta, i felt it was an abomination

Assassins on the rooftop sucked ass. Oh my god. Ughgggghghg.

FFT was my favorite. I wouldn't mind a FFTA or FFTA2. To be fair, they aren't up there with the original. And the stories were kind of meh, but I didn't hate them either. I just hated the judges more than anything. I'll show you not to use (insert what i want to use here) you stupidass judge.

I would love another FFT event. ;_; I loved the first one we got.

Also, worst part in FFT back in day was the part you go in and can't back out of the castle with whats his face. DIDN'T LEVEL UP ENOUGH? LOL TOO BAD YOUR PLAY ENDS HERE. First time I played that I had that issue. Didn't retry the game until years later. But with that knowledge in hand I over leveled and whooped his ass the next time. I play it on my iPad from time to time. I like being hax in that game and ROFLstomping it. That was my last play through. I normally just buy characters at bar at start with stats I need and roll with that. This next play through think I'm just going to use story characters. And maybe actually get Cloud this time. (I said I would last time. But then I ended up with a bunch of dual wielding roflstompers and just did that instead.)

Celegus

Aww I loved FFTA 1&2! Played them at release so a bit more nostalgia for them.

Just realized I would freaking love an FF XIII-2 banner. No chance Noel isn't a 5* base though. They fixed pretty much everything I didn't like about XIII, such an under rated game! I really liked the story of Caius and Yeul too.

FFT was my favorite. I wouldn't mind a FFTA or FFTA2. To be fair, they aren't up there with the original. And the stories were kind of meh, but I didn't hate them either. I just hated the judges more than anything. I'll show you not to use (insert what i want to use here) you stupidass judge.

Also, worst part in FFT back in day was the part you go in and can't back out of the castle with whats his face. DIDN'T LEVEL UP ENOUGH? LOL TOO BAD YOUR PLAY ENDS HERE. First time I played that I had that issue. Didn't retry the game until years later. But with that knowledge in hand I over leveled and whooped his ass the next time. I play it on my iPad from time to time. I like being hax in that game and ROFLstomping it. That was my last play through. I normally just buy characters at bar at start with stats I need and roll with that. This next play through think I'm just going to use story characters. And maybe actually get Cloud this time. (I said I would last time. But then I ended up with a bunch of dual wielding roflstompers and just did that instead.)

Wiegraf? Yeah my first play through was put to an end fast at that point. It was at that moment I started to have multiple save files in RPG's.

tuffymon

Aww I loved FFTA 1&2! Played them at release so a bit more nostalgia for them.

Just realized I would freaking love an FF XIII-2 banner. No chance Noel isn't a 5* base though. They fixed pretty much everything I didn't like about XIII, such an under rated game! I really liked the story of Caius and Yeul too.

that can't get out of the castle ended a lot of peoples saves i bet... especially if you werent a physical style ramza ick~ that was 2? stages before the assassins. stupid ai buddy rushing them to die before you got turns ugh D:

I tried to play ffta... but like my second stage in the game was don't use magic for a yellow card and my opponents was something like 3 flans... the next few stages weren't any better for me... literally bailing my people out of jail and having no money to do anything at all. Was a huge nope from me.

Alkez

Last week I would have agreed with you, but after this banner and event I'm excited for all the global exclusive stuff. I would like to believe they've got it down now. Who know, Cupid Artemois could be the bowman we all deserve lol.

tuffymon

Last week I would have agreed with you, but after this banner and event I'm excited for all the global exclusive stuff. I would like to believe they've got it down now. Who know, Cupid Artemois could be the bowman we all deserve lol.

I like your idea~ The event units have been hit and miss for sure, but it is interesting being surprised by units we have no knowledge of.

Malakhov

Banned
Do you guys remember around when we get our monthly arena reward? It finished on January 26 and we got our weekly rewards but havent got our monthly yet. I need that 10% moogle to finish my blade mastery TM!

tuffymon

Do you guys remember around when we get our monthly arena reward? It finished on January 26 and we got our weekly rewards but havent got our monthly yet. I need that 10% moogle to finish my blade mastery TM!

Knowing that the month isn't over helps :p I'd wager Thursday or Friday~

Muku

Wiegraf? Yeah my first play through was put to an end fast at that point. It was at that moment I started to have multiple save files in RPG's.

Yes. And the same! HAHAHA! I think that game taught us a lot about how to save in RPGs. x_x

that can't get out of the castle ended a lot of peoples saves i bet... especially if you werent a physical style ramza ick~ that was 2? stages before the assassins. stupid ai buddy rushing them to die before you got turns ugh D:

I tried to play ffta... but like my second stage in the game was don't use magic for a yellow card and my opponents was something like 3 flans... the next few stages weren't any better for me... literally bailing my people out of jail and having no money to do anything at all. Was a huge nope from me.

And yes. Dumbass AI. LOL WATCH ME BE A HERO! *dies* Fucking a you jerkhole. I couldn't even get over there fast enough FFS what is your damn problem.

My problem in later rounds became... looking at their gear. Do they have anything I don't have yet? Yep. Time to try to keep dumb AI away while I try to pilfer their shit with my THF. Please hurry THF, we don't have all day. x_x I remember last play through having to do that so many times just to get what I wanted off them. LOL.

I haven't really played FFTA in years. I tried recently to get back into it, then something came up and I haven't gotten back to it. I played on GBP on GC. If they brought it on to like Switch or something so I could play on TV again, I would. Yeah, I could just play it on GBP again... but I'd kind of like a bit of an update to it. I hated the judging shit. omg. If I recall right TA2 had cards to nullify rules which made it a bit less shitty. I followed rules as best I could in first one just so I didn't blow all my money on jail crap.

They wait that the month is over? I thought it was based on the dates under the monthly reward, it was ending on JAN 26...

It ends when month actually ends. And daily gifts don't stop. It's just if not listed it's a 100 daily lapis gift beyond.

Malakhov

Banned
It ends when month actually ends. And daily gifts don't stop. It's just if not listed it's a 100 daily lapis gift beyond.

The current one is from Jan 27 to feb 2, that's wacked, I thought it was about the dates, aw well. A few days to wait for my first blade mastery. I'm impatient to get that 10%, Chizuru is sitting at 90.0%, the perfect spot for it.

Muku

Kind of fun to roll with a decent all damage group now. Exdeath, Yun, CoD, Luneth, and Chizuru. Luneth's ATK is already max potted. Gotta finish up CoDs, then going to work on Yun's before Chizuru gets it.

Time to go blow up Nian 5RNG up. Need me some of them Fire Megacrysts.

Malakhov

Banned
I haven't really played FFTA in years. I tried recently to get back into it, then something came up and I haven't gotten back to it. I played on GBP on GC.

I meant to play it again but then I started replaying FFV. And now I want to play FF3 android version afterwards, never played that version yet. Exvius is making me play all those games again.

Lyrian

The flaw with that plan, of course, is that thosecharacters would have to be original and not classic FF characters which is half the reason why we play. The appeal of Orlandu is half the 98/100 Altema rating and half the fact that he's freaking Thunder God Cid.

For some, yes. That's without a doubt.

But how many would simply desire a unit that had an automatic 99/100 Altema rating? How fast would many drop Orlandu if Succubus Dark Fina and Incubus Rain suddenly were released as a surprise global exclusives?

I'd take a bet any day of the week that there are more players on global that care about a unit's performance more so that it's backstory or aesthetics (although it is also a reasonably safe bet that units meant to be top-tier units are not going to look like VLC Fina).

Last week I would have agreed with you, but after this banner and event I'm excited for all the global exclusive stuff. I would like to believe they've got it down now. Who know, Cupid Artemios could be the bowman we all deserve lol.

SnowWhiteNope.GIF

It could happen!

I still have about 72000 currency from the last (type-0) event, need to use them before Thursday. Debating between the 70K moogle or all of the gigantaurs + miscellaneous stuff (already got all the tickets/SQ/weapon/accessory and 1 of each materias, I don't really need any 6* awakening materials having already stocked up previously). Any suggestion?

A bit more context is needed to answer your question.

Do you need to level up units still on your "A" team? If so, cactaurs over everything.

Need gear? The cube is a decent substitute for a Hero's Ring.

If everything available make little to no difference to you at the moment, and you really don't want to stockpile 6* mats, then go ahead at that point with the moogle.

If only the month was over.

I know, right? I need some leet time traveling skills myself, to be honest.

Wazzy

Banned
Finally tried out Arena and it's kind of fun. My Vanille K.O'd an entire party which I found funny.

Once I can boost my Luneths attack more I think it will be much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom