• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakhov

Banned
I know, right? I need some leet time traveling skills myself, to be honest.
You dont need to, it already finished last thursday. It is based around 4 weeks, not the whole current month. Look at the dates for the next one. It ends on the 2nd, meaning we will probably get rewards the next week.

Ken

Did gnb esper and LB in two runs. Not even gonna bother with the item.

Since I didn't have a 2* carbuncle I gave ling DC and both bar skills and whew. MP battery and aoe esuna and entrust armigers 👌

Alkez

I think Yin's attack animation is messing up my TM macro. It just takes way too long with dual wield. Contemplating whether I should redo my macro or just remove 6*s from the selection.

Hippo mentioned this the other day but it really is weird how 1 unit can lag behind the others when TM farming. They all started on the same day from 0% as well.

h72Oifol.png

Pejo

Do we ever get any good attack skill TMs? I really want to use Ling for her breaks and buffs,but it seems like a lot of time she's not going to be contributing any damage.

I guess you could give her dual wield, Lightning's scarf, equip spear, twin spear and the best damage dagger you have. Then buff up her normal attack using all her multiplying skills and have one super nuts round of normal attack dps.

Malakhov

Banned
I think Yin's attack animation is messing up my TM macro. It just takes way too long with dual wield. Contemplating whether I should redo my macro or just remove 6*s from the selection.

Hippo mentioned this the other day but it really is weird how 1 unit can lag behind the others when TM farming. They all started on the same day from 0% as well.

h72Oifol.png
Get the macro on reddit, the units in slot 1 and 3 attacks only so put your fastest attacking units there.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/&ved=0ahUKEwiUu4ak7-rRAhUC3YMKHRwNARwQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNEcbdyUgFeXA-N6Jwg5sqCmH4u7tQ

Nikokuno

Aww I loved FFTA 1&2! Played them at release so a bit more nostalgia for them.

Just realized I would freaking love an FF XIII-2 banner. No chance Noel isn't a 5* base though. They fixed pretty much everything I didn't like about XIII, such an under rated game! I really liked the story of Caius and Yeul too.

I would hard pull on Ritz and March, FFTA is not a hardcore Tactics by any means but the main cast is good at least.

Ritz, Beatrix and Yuffie, come on I need them in my party... somehow lol

Malakhov

Banned
Forgot to mention, watch out in the link I've posted there is two macros for the earth shrine. One that uses lapis and one that doesn't. Be careful in your selection or you may wake up with a bunch of your lapis gone.

LucaMac

Since I didn't have a 2* carbuncle I gave ling DC and both bar skills and whew. MP battery and aoe esuna and entrust armigers 👌

I did the item today. Was tough at first but there's a way if doing it with reasonable ease if you're not good with the timing. I crafted a shit load of article winds. Other Ice items like Blue fang do more damage but they use up megacrystals.

Have a decent mage in your party cast blizzaga (once, not double cast) and have everybody else throw an article wind each one after another with small gaps in between. They won't kill it themselves but whichever one chains with the blizzaga when it does will count. This was you don't have to worry so much about messing up the timing with your one shot, you jus have to get it down low enough that a powered up blizzaga can take it out. Very doable. If you don't have one use somebodies supped up Exdeath. I can throw one up with dual wield to make him beastly if you want? I don't need my snazzy Noctis until whatever comes next now.

If anybody quotes me I'll change it for a bit. If not I'll leave the Prince up.

Also, I'm not on the spreadsheet if somebody in the know wants to add me on. I've a decent amount of space in my friends list now. My Noctis is getting close to 600 attack and I've got the macros back in business so Blade Mastery and Power if Creation are on the way.

LucaMac

Joke aside, Lost Odyssey one day maybe? Didn't play this game at all (based x360 so nope) but heard that the game was really good.

I really enjoyed it. The menus and skill learning were similar to FFIX and it had a great feel of VII, VIII and IX about it. Great game over all. Certain Characters were 'Immortals', they learned skills as they leveled. Others were humans and gained no skills of their own as they levelled but could learn skills from the immortals when they were paired with them in battle with AP like FFIX.

It meant humans actually ended up being stronger if you worked on them. Immortals auto revived after a few turns but humans needed the old Phoenix downs. Could still get wiped if all immortals went down at once.

I kind of want to play it again now. Dammit.

Alkez

What resources are you guys saving when deciding to hunt for a unit? Just tickets and lapis?

It depends what the unit is for. For TMs I use tickets. For units I plan to use I use lapis.

My future house money

LOL

Ah I macro on my phone with frep. Thanks for this though.

I realised I can just filter out Yun thanks to his obscure equipmemt. If I do have to redo my macro I'll rememeber to only attack with those slots.

Alkez

Joke aside, Lost Odyssey one day maybe? Didn't play this game at all (based x360 so nope) but heard that the game was really good.

That was a game I really wanted to play, but like Tales of Vesperia was something I missed out on because I chose ps3 :(

tuffymon

Do we ever get any good attack skill TMs? I really want to use Ling for her breaks and buffs,but it seems like a lot of time she's not going to be contributing any damage.

I guess you could give her dual wield, Lightning's scarf, equip spear, twin spear and the best damage dagger you have. Then buff up her normal attack using all her multiplying skills and have one super nuts round of normal attack dps.

Long story short, Aurora scarf and twin lance do not stack... so no x6 attacks for you~ I mentioned doing the Aurora scarf / dual combo a few pages back, I bet she could do some nuts dmg on her "barrage" turn to attack~

I liked Lost Odyssey, but by god that combat system was SLOWWWWWWWWWWWW, like I can't even think of a comparative game in that regard... One of the few RPGS I actually stopped playing due to speed.

LucaMac

That was a game I really wanted to play, but like Tales of Vesperia was something I missed out on because I chose ps3 :(

360s are surely dirt cheap 2nd hand right? The Xbox One has been out for nearly two years.

Just in case you need any more convincing, it even comes on 3 discs (maybe 4 I can't remember, it's been awhile. Going to go look for it tomorrow)

Seriously though. It's a better Final Fantasy than any of the newer ones just without the name. It plays like the ps1 games, proper ATB and menus, but looks like a PS3/360 game.

Alkez

There is a move later on. I think it's called Rage Meteor or something. It's 250 aoe with 25% defence ignore for 50mp.

Muku

So should I try and get Heroes from the usual Rare summon banner or the new Lunar Year banner?

Depends what you're wanting. At least if you go Rare banner you have a chance of other things. Since LNY banner has increase of banner units. Anything you're wanting specifically, role wise?

Alkez

360s are surely dirt cheap 2nd hand right? The Xbox One has been out for nearly two years.

I'll add it to my list of gaming regrets that I plan to one day play when the time presents itself, along with Shenmue 1 and 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. There's so many current gen games I have to finish first. That's part of the reason I like TM farming, gives me a chance to actually clear down this list lol.

Pachimari

Depends what you're wanting. At least if you go Rare banner you have a chance of other things. Since LNY banner has increase of banner units. Anything you're wanting specifically, role wise?
Well I wouldn't mind going or a Yun, Xiao or Ling but I only started playing this game last week, so I'm also just trying to get rare heroes I don't have. I got a lvl 40 Lenna as my healer so I guess I don't need another one.

Muku

Well I wouldn't mind going or a Yun, Xiao or Ling but I only started playing this game last week, so I'm also just trying to get rare heroes I don't have. I got a lvl 40 Lenna as my healer so I guess I don't need another one.

Well, getting a Rainbow will be rare. And you have possibility of it being a troll. If you're looking for a bit more variety, you might go Rare banner. Problem with current banners is you can tend to get bogged down with the banner units... which can be a problem if you're looking for units to use for your group.

Though, if you do get a Refia, would be worth upgrading from Lenna. I know once I got mine, I benched Lenna. Was sad, but totally worth it in the end.

Edit: Got two Heros' Rings in the cooker. Wewt. Going to farm mats for a third since I forgot Chizuru doesn't have a second. Using Unusual Artifact in mean time on her.

chrono01

Oh man, free summon of the day...
Wow, from the free summon? Congrats, that's insane.

Plausible.

An extremely-eagle eyed Redditor pointed out today that at the very waning seconds of the Global Ariana announcement stream, one of the hosts closed the stream by announcing that very quickly that there would be a Global Exclusive Valentine's Day event. Link to video proof, credit Reddit

This would again be replacing the FF2 collab. Which if the logic I presented yesterday is correct, would rule out FFT2 this Friday because the required data patch would still be missing and prevent either event from occuring (hence the Valentine's exclusive event to stall until the patch is ready yet again).

Which leaves the only possibilities being FFZ2 or a custom Mog King event for this week. That said, the timing of the special Nico stream is awfully convenient for the announcement of an anniversary event.

Hrmm.......
Pink/Valentine's Day-themed Ariana incoming!

Muku

Gold crystal on my daily.

Ling!? Could it be Ling? After my 20th pull on this banner, could it be Li-

Nope, just another Ludmille.

Ludmille secretly hides behind golds. "They want Ling, hehehe." Then you open and SURPRISE! Just for you Chrono! Another Ludmille!

chrono01

Ludmille secretly hides behind golds. "They want Ling, hehehe." Then you open and SURPRISE! Just for you Chrono! Another Ludmille!
Maybe if I trick the game into thinking I want Ludmille, they'll give me Ling instead. Something to try for tomorrow!

leehom

Gold crystal on my daily.

Ling!? Could it be Ling? After my 20th pull on this banner, could it be Li-

Nope, just another Ludmille.

I think I've had 4-5 gold crystals on the free summons and they were all trash tier. Heck, even my rainbow was trash too. Only decent characters so far is that guy with a 30%+ HP TM and the bracer TM.

chrono01

"Pls ludmille pls ludmille pls ludmille...

Gold!

Ludm.... Alma!!!!.....Thanks gumi!"
Please don't mention Alma. My box is filled with her. It brings back horrible memories.

I've got 3 gold Roselia so far, I'd love to get Alma instead.
No joke, I'd gladly give you one of mine if I could. I wouldn't even ask for anything in-return.

I think I've had 4-5 gold crystals on the free summons and they were all trash tier.
We need that crystal change to prevent that!

(Maybe one day.)

Xion86

My future house money

Haha!! Brilliant :D

Anyway, I completed my goal of finishing the story today, so back to TM farming after doing the Nyan Cat explorations each day now, until the next event :). So close with 2 Blade Mastery rewards.

Shouta

I just finished the Season 1 story, this story would have been a better FF game than like the last 5 mainline FF games if it got a single player treatment and expanded the story/writing.

I am ready for Season 2. =o

Edit: Daily pull went Gold -> Rainbow....and was another Majin Fina. I really wanted Katarina. =(

fionel

I just finished the Season 1 story, this story would have been a better FF game than like the last 5 mainline FF games if it got a single player treatment and expanded the story/writing.

Edit: Daily pull went Gold -> Rainbow....and was another Majin Fina. I really wanted Katarina. =(

At least you got another rainbow, I've been getting nothing but blues in this RS3 banner and not even a single Robin from it. Barring today's daily pull this is the only event where I have not gotten a single banner unit :(

While I do not agree with you on the quality of the story (I personally think a lot of the dialogue is cringeworthy), I do wish they can actually make a non-gacha version of this game somewhere down the line, like Monster Strike and Puzzle & Dragons. Very unlikely though seeing the sales for those 2 games seem to do pretty poorly on the 3DS.

Syntsui

Did Rain die and did Lasswell confess his love to him?

Shouta

At least you got another rainbow, I've been getting nothing but blues in this RS3 banner and not even a single Robin from it. Barring today's daily pull this is the only event where I have not gotten a single banner unit :(

While I do not agree with you on the quality of the story (I personally think a lot of the dialogue is cringeworthy), I do wish they can actually make a non-gacha version of this game somewhere down the line, like Monster Strike and Puzzle & Dragons. Very unlikely though seeing the sales for those 2 games seem to do pretty poorly on the 3DS.

I've had some banners like that, it was rough. It was really bad on some of the currency events. Woof.

The various parts of the story is pretty quality. The characters, the actual plot, the things that occur, etc are pretty solid. The writing would need to be improved immensely to be a single player game but that's to be expected. The game pretty obviously keeps the dialogue simple to keep it easy to play but suffers as a result because the writers often rely on tired gags to fill in space instead of trying to build a lot of threads. P&D and Monster Strike did poorly on 3DS because, IMO, they tried to keep the gatcha flavor to the game as a part of the package which is a terrible idea. If I were going to a SP Brave Exvius, I'd only try to carry some concepts over but probably would scrap the mobage elements.

Did Rain die and did Lasswell confess his love to him?

Well...
Rain has gone missing after helping to save the world, so kinda close? lol. The teaser for Season 2 shows Lasswell and Reigen (or however you spell their father's name) going out to search for Rain and encountering enemies they've never seen before. Lasswell has his hair tied up in a ponytail, has a new pauldron on his left shoulder that helps him carry Rain's Crimson Saber into battle. You get to see his updated sprite doing his regular slash but teasing him grabbing Rain's blade for dual wield action. You also see Reigen's sprite as well.

evangd007

Catching up with the thread:

For some, yes. That's without a doubt.

But how many would simply desire a unit that had an automatic 99/100 Altema rating? How fast would many drop Orlandu if Succubus Dark Fina and Incubus Rain suddenly were released as a surprise global exclusives?

I'd take a bet any day of the week that there are more players on global that care about a unit's performance more so that it's backstory or aesthetics (although it is also a reasonably safe bet that units meant to be top-tier units are not going to look like VLC Fina).

IDK man, I treat the top units on Altema as a pool rather than an absolute ranking, and based on that see a future where I use 2x Agrias as my main dps. I certainly won't be inclined to replace her with a goofy looking guy named Randy.

Dude the item is much easier than the esper. For starters, you get 5 tries per run instead of 1 and the usage is instant instead of after an awkward delay.

Oh, and today's pulls:
Free: Luna
Daily: Clyne

I'm on an ice cold streak.

fionel

The various parts of the story is pretty quality. The characters, the actual plot, the things that occur, etc are pretty solid. The writing would need to be improved immensely to be a single player game but that's to be expected. The game pretty obviously keeps the dialogue simple to keep it easy to play but suffers as a result because the writers often rely on tired gags to fill in space instead of trying to build a lot of threads. P&D and Monster Strike did poorly on 3DS because, IMO, they tried to keep the gatcha flavor to the game as a part of the package which is a terrible idea. If I were going to a SP Brave Exvius, I'd only try to carry some concepts over but probably would scrap the mobage elements.

I can acknowledge the fact that since new story contents were being released on a monthly basis for over a year, they had a need to pad things out and thus the dips in story parts. While a lot of plot points rely on jrpg tropes (which I'm okay with), I feel that they try a little too hard to make some of the twists to be outside of expectations
(stuff with Reigan)
, and others a little too forceful for my taste as tearjerkers. Also the dialogue for some of the NPCs, especially with the Veritas, could have used more editing and less explicit narratives.

Having said that I thought the one part where Majin Fina
"sacrificed" herself
was exceptionally well done with the right amount and selection of scenes and BGM (using that BGM is sort of cheating in itself tho ;P). As tropey as it is I felt genuinely moved.

I love the FFBE story. I'd play a single player version in a heartbeat. There's just something about the translation and the plot that's just self-aware enough that it reminds me passingly of FFV.

I'd also kill for a damn Mystic Quest banner. Give me Reuben, dammit.

You also don't know how hard I'd whale for the most badass character in all of Ivalice:

ASHLEY RIOT.

Job: Riskbreaker

Skills: "I am the Reinforcements" - +500% ATK/DEF/MAG in a solo party.

Shouta

I can acknowledge the fact that since new story contents were being released on a monthly basis for over a year, they had a need to pad things out and thus the dips in story parts. While a lot of plot points rely on jrpg tropes (which I'm okay with), I feel that they try a little too hard to make some of the twists to be outside of expectations
(stuff with Reigan)
, and others a little too forceful for my taste as tearjerkers. Also the dialogue for some of the NPCs, especially with the Veritas, could have used more editing and less explicit narratives.

Having said that I thought the one part where Majin Fina
"sacrificed" herself
was exceptionally well done with the right amount and selection of scenes and BGM (using that BGM is sort of cheating in itself tho ;P). As tropey as it is I felt genuinely moved.

That stuff in regards to the first spoiler was pretty good because the basis for it was smart and in line with the setting. Not a lot of games are savvy enough to do something like that without mucking it up. In retrospect, I should have realized it, heh.

The second spoiler was indeed great. They handled that really well. I would have liked to see more of the backstory as well but got enough that it worked out. I think they managed to use a lot of characters really well including that one. Actually, I think this is the only game where I felt satisfied with their use of the armored general trope they've been pulling around since FFXII. It's always been disappointing but FFBE manages to do a lot and create a proper story involving them rather than them just looking cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom