• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnWake

I got:

Free: Some Red Mage (forgot the name lol).
1/2: Ling 4 star.
Ticket: Duplicate Charlotte.

I just want some characters from IV, VI, VII, VIII or IX. Only get ones from the games I didn't play lol.

ExVicis

Aaaatrrrrrgggg I've just had my first troll rainbow. Feels bad man.
16298694_10155750455818989_4114222719294854135_n.jpg
Troll Rainbow? Agrias is basically a lesser Orlandeau late. Quit complaining. When you get your real first troll Rainbow (mine was a Garnet) then you got something.

Syntsui

Troll Rainbow? Agrias is basically a lesser Orlandeau late. Quit complaining. When you get your real first troll Rainbow (mine was a Garnet) then you got something.

No matter how you spin it, non 5* base will always be a troll. Fuck, we even have legit 5* trolls now that Ace was released.

Kettch

Free pull today was my 6th Mercedes. I don't need that many axes. :/

Should be thankful that I haven't gotten a troll Rainbow since the Lightning banner though. Gotta save up that luck for the crystal change.

evangd007

I've pulled daily and still have not pulled any banner unit. I don't need Ling or Yun. Xiao will do; I don't have her yet.

No matter how you spin it, non 5* base will always be a troll. Fuck, we even have legit 5* trolls now that Ace was released.

I wouldn't be disappointed by an Ace pull. I would be for a DKC or Delita pull.

I got:

Free: Some Red Mage (forgot the name lol).
1/2: Ling 4 star.
Ticket: Duplicate Charlotte.

I just want some characters from IV, VI, VII, VIII or IX. Only get ones from the games I didn't play lol.

Prepare to be massively disappointed in any character you pull from VI or IX*. Brave Exvius has done those games dirty.

*Except for Zidane. He has value for his TMR and nothing else.

Raika

I wouldn't be disappointed by an Ace pull. I would be for a DKC or Delita pull.

Donkey Kong is very underwhelming now but wouldn't feel disappointed pulling him at all. He becomes a beast with enhancements, and his TM is amazing. Delita on the other hand needs some love. :c

Donkey Kong is very underwhelming now but wouldn't feel disappointed pulling him at all. He becomes a beast with enhancements, and his TM is amazing. Delita on the other hand needs some love. :c

Delita as a unit is and will probably always be not great, but his TM is still the best non Greatsword in the game. If you have a Luneth it's the best weapon you can give him.

Pachimari

I think I'm going to farm the Ariana event for metal cactuars these last days. Am I right that it's the only banner awarding me with those cactuars?

And then level up Lenna, Bartz, Zidane, Luneth, Rain, Ariana, Exdeath and Ace. My Lenna has hit max at lvl. 40 and I haven't delved into the whole awakening stuff, I'm not sure I quite understand that part.

There's literally a banner on the Summon page that says "Free Daily Rare Summon".

Yeah, I was confused when I asked that question.

tuffymon

I think I'm going to farm the Ariana event for metal cactuars these last days. Am I right that it's the only banner awarding me with those cactuars?

And then level up Lenna, Bartz, Zidane, Luneth, Rain, Ariana, Exdeath and Ace. My Lenna has hit max at lvl. 40 and I haven't delved into the whole awakening stuff, I'm not sure I quite understand that part.

Yeah, I was confused when I asked that question.

Not quite, so far the nian challenge daily has had 1 x 5 gigantaur, but otherwise yes, you're right
also http://tinyurl.com/zsg5far they are aware of the ticket issue, and will make it right

Pejo

Gold Member
My free and half price pulls both got me (dupes of) the 3* Type-0 units. Weird.

So fellas, last night I learned an important lesson in macro-ing.

I had about 90NRG to blow through, so I loaded up Nox in the background while I was playing Tales of Berseria. Apparently Nox crashed, and since I forgot to put FFBE on a blank page on the emulator, the macro then went in and somehow successfully ordered 15 copies of Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix. Luckily I saw the amazon notification pop up on my phone that I had made an order, and promptly cancelled it.

Kinda poetic though, a macro for a SE game, ordering 15 copies of another SE game.

I had about 90NRG to blow through, so I loaded up Nox in the background while I was playing Tales of Berseria. Apparently Nox crashed, and since I forgot to put FFBE on a blank page on the emulator, the macro then went in and somehow successfully ordered 15 copies of Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix. Luckily I saw the amazon notification pop up on my phone that I had made an order, and promptly cancelled it.

Kinda poetic though, a macro for a SE game, ordering 15 copies of another SE game.

Bruh!

I'm so glad you got that resolved and didn't have to pay for that. That's insane. When running switch controls to pseudo macro on my iphone FFBE will sometimes crash and start opening shit on my phone. It almost sent an email or two containing nothing but random characters to my team and my boss lol. Caught that shit just in time haha.

Man this week is about to awesome. Final Fantasy Anniversary event, hoping for some good shit there and then National Signing Day on Wed. Now I just need either the Orlandu banner or the Firion 6* upgrade to make it amazing.

Kettch

Gonna stop the half pull only getting trash unit, it's 1000 lapis I should save 😑

As long as the 5* is reasonably good, I'm gonna keep pulling on half price banners. I'll take two tries at Yun over one try at Orlandu.

If you're actually running out of lapis, that's a different story though.

Alkez

lol! That happened to someone on reddit as well.

How is Tales btw? Reviews were pretty strong. Can't wait to pick it up myself.

I just started it last night so I'm not that far personally, but so far I am liking it far more than the past few. Leagues better than Zesty and Graces, better than the two Xillia's (I loved those though) and not quite as good as Vesperia imo. All of that could change however.

Finally beat FFXV last night, and got the platinum trophy :). Was really hoping for an insanely lucky pull of Noct today but got Clyne instead lol.

I didn't realize the exploration events were new each day, with new rewards... oops!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
-- I hate this stupid Nian Beast so damn much. I've easily wasted 200 NRG on the Esper bullshit at this point. Why? PRIDE that's why. Every effing time I either accidentally kill him too quickly, I somehow get caught in a non-preparation-induced triple attack, I accidentally trigger the preparation attack, OR if I finally get him down to a sliver of health the god damn esper won't trigger the god damned effing reward. God DAMMIT eff this stupid beast in the A. EFF HIM IN THE A.

-- I'm about 40 hours in on FFXV. What a truly excellent game. There are some unfortunate, superficial flaws (texture pop-in, a pretty bad camera esp in cramped battles where you just kinda have to hope you're timing your attacks and dodges, a pretty bad camera hit-detection while driving (if you are panning around the car and it 'hits' a wall you'll get a terrible jitter), and item pick up hit detection bullshit). But otherwise I love the story, the graphics, the true camaraderie, and the cooking mechanic is the fucking neatest thing. Dang I love this game.

Pejo

Gold Member

Really enjoying the cast and story so far. The combat was really bumming me out, until I found out that it's a glitch with the PC version that makes the AI suck ass. I used a workaround for that glitch, and now the battle system is 100% more fun.

Best Tales I've played since Vesperia.

tariniel

I hope you all had a great weekend!

What Vortex quests do you guys do for the daily once you've already finished all of the event ones? I'm debating between doing the Ariana one for the cactuar, or awakening vortex. It blows that the exploration one for the lunar event doesn't count.

I got really lucky and manage to one-and-done the ELT beast, I read the wiki on the timing and somehow got it first try for all the rewards. I never get lucky like that. Other than that I've had terrible pulls like always. Free+Dailies every day and not a single banner unit. I would at least like Xao :(

I hope you all had a great weekend!

What Vortex quests do you guys for the daily once you've already finished all of the event ones? I'm debating between doing the Ariana one for the cactuar, or awakening vortex. It blows that the exploration one for the lunar event doesn't count.

I do whatever uses the least amount of NRG so at the moment the first Ariana one. It's dumb as shit the Nian Beast daily ones do not count. They need to stop doing that.

jnWake

Prepare to be massively disappointed in any character you pull from VI or IX*. Brave Exvius has done those games dirty.

*Except for Zidane. He has value for his TMR and nothing else.

I think I'll play the game casually enough that I won't care if a character is too bad. Unless it's so bad it even doesn't help in the story haha.

Syntsui

-- I hate this stupid Nian Beast so damn much. I've easily wasted 200 NRG on the Esper bullshit at this point. Why? PRIDE that's why. Every effing time I either accidentally kill him too quickly, I somehow get caught in a non-preparation-induced triple attack, I accidentally trigger the preparation attack, OR if I finally get him down to a sliver of health the god damn esper won't trigger the god damned effing reward. God DAMMIT eff this stupid beast in the A. EFF HIM IN THE A.

-- I'm about 40 hours in on FFXV. What a truly excellent game. There are some unfortunate, superficial flaws (texture pop-in, a pretty bad camera esp in cramped battles where you just kinda have to hope you're timing your attacks and dodges, a pretty bad camera hit-detection while driving (if you are panning around the car and it 'hits' a wall you'll get a terrible jitter), and item pick up hit detection bullshit). But otherwise I love the story, the graphics, the true camaraderie, and the cooking mechanic is the fucking neatest thing. Dang I love this game.
Just close the game if you kill him. You will reset the entire fight.

You must kill him and immediately close it. You open the app and it will crash, you open again and the fight will be restarted.

Alkez

I just started it last night so I'm not that far personally, but so far I am liking it far more than the past few. Leagues better than Zesty and Graces, better than the two Xillia's (I loved those though) and not quite as good as Vesperia imo. All of that could change however.

Really enjoying the cast and story so far. The combat was really bumming me out, until I found out that it's a glitch with the PC version that makes the AI suck ass. I used a workaround for that glitch, and now the battle system is 100% more fun.

Best Tales I've played since Vesperia.

That's good to hear, feel like I've been waiting for a good Tales game for too long and I'm digging what I've seen so far. I really didn't like the looks of Zestiria so I didn't even bother with it lol.

I 100% share you pain on this. I'm in the exact same boat. I don't even want the whip, but I've wasted too much NRG on his ass to give up now. It will haunt me if I don't get it. I'm going to make a couple more runs on it when I have some extra NRG and go with a couple tricks I've read on Reddit about when to trigger the esper animation.

Anyone here have any additional tricks? Especially which units to use and when to push the esper attack? I feel like I've tried everything and it's just not working.

Raika

I 100% share you pain on this. I'm in the exact same boat. I don't even want the whip, but I've wasted too much NRG on his ass to give up now. It will haunt me if I don't get it. I'm going to make a couple more runs on it when I have some extra NRG and go with a couple tricks I've read on Reddit about when to trigger the esper animation.

Anyone here have any additional tricks? Especially which units to use and when to push the esper attack? I feel like I've tried everything and it's just not working.

I failed a couple times attempting it blind, then followed the guide on exvius wiki and managed to do it.
You can achieve all missions by overkilling the boss with LB, items, and esper with proper timing. Working example:
Reduce its HP to 15000 or below.
Evoke Diabolos.
Wait until the CG pops up (turn on the CG from the option)
During the CG, spam click to skip and activate LB in quick succession. Chizuru and Noctis LB was used in this example.
Wait until the first OVERKILL text pops up.
Use item as quickly as you can. Void Vessel was used in this example.

robotuw

Free: Maria (ain't even mad, Cecil needs his esuna)
Daily: F I R I O N

Finally! Thought he was going to get his 6* before I could pull him. That justifies the two Xiaos I have, though next I need Snows. Miyuki is the only one missing from the complete 3* set now.

evangd007

Shouta

Shiva did 300,000 damage when I just summoned her now though she did get a weakness bonus because I was fighting fire enemies.

Nikokuno

As long as the 5* is reasonably good, I'm gonna keep pulling on half price banners. I'll take two tries at Yun over one try at Orlandu.

If you're actually running out of lapis, that's a different story though.

I'm not (currently 7200 lapis) but I would like to get to 10k for Orlandu. Since this banner didn't show me love (0 Ling/4 Xiao one was Gold 😑), I don't know.

Every chars of the banner looks good and that's why I'm pissed lol.

What if they do an Anni event instead of FFZ2 or Orlandu

0_0

I would be okay with that if it was a worthy event. Honestly if it's one of Orlandu/FF2/FFZ2 I am screwed because I want a lot from all of them. FFZ2 in particular I want Queen/4 Nines and a few Cinques. I will of course get all Eights because....reasons.

Syrus

Banned

Is your team hood enough to last a long battle?

Just wittle his life down to under 5000 and prey your team doesnt do a counter and use esper or void vessels for 2000 a pop

Lyrian

What if they do an Anni event instead of FFZ2 or Orlandu

0_0

Plausible.

An extremely-eagle eyed Redditor pointed out today that at the very waning seconds of the Global Ariana announcement stream, one of the hosts closed the stream by announcing that very quickly that there would be a Global Exclusive Valentine's Day event. Link to video proof, credit Reddit

This would again be replacing the FF2 collab. Which if the logic I presented yesterday is correct, would rule out FFT2 this Friday because the required data patch would still be missing and prevent either event from occuring (hence the Valentine's exclusive event to stall until the patch is ready yet again).

Which leaves the only possibilities being FFZ2 or a custom Mog King event for this week. That said, the timing of the special Nico stream is awfully convenient for the announcement of an anniversary event.

Hrmm.......

Plausible.

An extremely-eagle eyed Redditor pointed out today that at the very waning seconds of the Global Ariana announcement stream, one of the hosts closed the stream by announcing that very quickly that there would be a Global Exclusive Valentine's Day event. Link to video proof, credit Reddit

This would again be replacing the FF2 collab. Which if the logic I presented yesterday is correct, would rule out FFT2 this Friday because the required data patch would still be missing and prevent either event from occuring (hence the Valentine's exclusive event to stall until the patch is ready yet again).

Which leaves the only possibilities being FFZ2 or a custom Mog King event for this week. That said, the timing of the special Nico stream is awfully convenient for the announcement of an anniversary event.

Hrmm.......

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom