• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedZaraki

Banned
The usual strat probably applies here:

Run the next to hardest difficulty over and over with one carry unit and as many bonus units as you can, and have friend unit be another carry unit (or a bonus + carry unit).

Only this time slap Steal Materia + Thief Bracers on your bonus units.

ELT is almost never worth grinding.

The usual strat probably applies here:

Run the next to hardest difficulty over and over with one carry unit and as many bonus units as you can, and have friend unit be another carry unit (or a bonus + carry unit).

Only this time slap Steal Materia + Thief Bracers on your bonus units.

ELT is almost never worth grinding.

I have always found ELT to be far better for grinding personally but I generally can solo it so I guess that makes a difference.

c-murph

I have always found ELT to be far better for grinding personally but I generally can solo it so I guess that makes a difference.

I agree. Might be the TMs I have but ELT is generally the route I take... I also only grind for the essential items, Mogs, materials. None of the useless armour/weapons since TMs generally outclass them anyway.

Valentus

When ELT appeared un jp the unit pool was far inferior to ours. They have gilga, luneth and light, but se have Noctis and olive, and more powerful versions of Gilgamesh, luneth and lightning.

I think its worth taking a shot try to Kill It. I know It must be a way to Kill the enemy and steal phantoma

Zalasta

My choice of which difficulty to grind depends on how many bonus units I have and the Friend unit available. During SoM event I only pulled 2 bonus units, so I always ran with a Friend Randi, ELT if it can help carry the team, PRO if not. For other events where I can field 3-5 bonus units, then I'll just run ELT exclusively with an OP Friend Noctis or Gilga.

EDIT: I know they are mostly useless but I am almost done getting one of each of the FP TM, just so I can fill out my abilities guide, lol >.>

RedZaraki

Banned

My units aren't strong enough for that. For instance, the Secret of Mana event. No way could any of my units solo ELT. I needed 2 of my units + a strong friend unit.

Celegus

How does Global's unique abilities mingle with the crazy Queen changes in JP?

Does the 30% attk jive with her enhancements or were her enhancements in JP more magic-centric

I'll do the usual Tickets and Cactaurs...on that note, would you guys prioritize leveling Emperor or Maria? I have a few maxed ExDeths and I have Rain/Refia/Carbuncle which kind of cover Maria.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance!
I'd say Marie brings a lot more than Emperor if you already have a few exdeaths. She's not useful all the time, but is HUGE when she does fit in.

Lyrian

Those 1% moguri are trash, finally king Cactuars (100,000 exp each) this weekend, really excited with the new type-0 event, those global exclusive abilities are incredible.

The 1% moogles are meant for those looking to small increments to finish a TM, without having to waste TM credit from a 5% or 10% moogle.

Useful to everyone, but has greater value for macroers than non-macroers as they are more likely to be in a position where 1% (or multiple 1%s) matters for completing a TM.

Cheerleader materia is quite good if i understand it correctly. Passive +25% atk and def plus enable Cheer. That's too good to be true.

Or It Will cost 150.000 phantoma

This is true, there has to be a trade off for an ability that good. It'll be locked behind a high pay wall or exclusive to a average unit.

Yeah, really raising an eyebrow if that is a clean equipable material on anyone.

I wonder if for Global, Gumi is trying to start offering Mog King chase incentives other than Trust Moogles. "Look at this super-shiny thing that you could chase INSTEAD of those desirable 10% moogles.... "

EDIT: Reddit seems pretty sure at this point that the materia is going to be tied to one of the 3* bases (likely Cinque) and not be a freely equipable materia. We shall see.

So it looks like you get 1500 phantoma from stealing from him and 5000 for beating him and he runs away after 3 turns no matter what you do. I guess goodluck killing him, and I wouldn't bring an Olive.

Curious... Why not Olive, even as friend unit? There's no resists on that pic of Nimbus. What's the big negative here?

---------

Daily: Shera
+1 : Shine (New)

That completes the Pokedex for this banner, I'm out. I'll see more Shines in troll gold crystals on future banners for sure.

-- Road to Nowhere But Insanity: Trophy #69 (300k arena points) completed this morning. One more to go that I'm not in any real rush to get at this point, lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Queen will be getting a nice buff. If that new move is a 5 hit, chainable combo. She'll be the first decent unit to chain with since Edgar

H3xum

I'd say Marie brings a lot more than Emperor if you already have a few exdeaths. She's not useful all the time, but is HUGE when she does fit in.

I was sort of leaning this way as well, but, I just don't know enough to know when she would be crucial opposed to a healer with Carbuncle or something like that

Curious... Why not Olive, even as friend unit? There's no resists on that pic of Nimbus. What's the big negative here?

While it may not end up being an issue mortar being a 3 turn attack and him lasting 3 turns it is possible that it could hit him last turn, and he retaliates and wipes your party. I won't take her until I have seen that isn't the case.

When ELT appeared un jp the unit pool was far inferior to ours. They have gilga, luneth and light, but se have Noctis and olive, and more powerful versions of Gilgamesh, luneth and lightning.

I think its worth taking a shot try to Kill It. I know It must be a way to Kill the enemy and steal phantoma

put man eater on your olive and go for the one shot kill

Celegus

I was sort of leaning this way as well, but, I just don't know enough to know when she would be crucial opposed to a healer with Carbuncle or something like that
Bar-ga spells are much better than bar-ra and she has almost all of them, plus a resist all buff. She's also an amazing mage enabler with her 40% AOE elemental debuff, compared to imperil at 20% and single target. Plus reflect and dual cast, she's awesome!

Lyrian

While it may not end up being an issue mortar being a 3 turn attack and him lasting 3 turns it is possible that it could hit him last turn, and he retaliates and wipes your party. I won't take her until I have seen that isn't the case.

Ok, that's a fair point. I was looking at it from the perspective of trying to kill it for the phantoma and not seeing the connection.

The mortar should hit Nimbus, as it lands at the start of the third turn. If one is just looking for the steal and run, that would be problematic for sure.

Ok, that's a fair point. I was looking at it from the perspective of trying to kill it for the phantoma and not seeing the connection.

The mortar should hit Nimbus, as it lands at the start of the third turn. If one is just looking for the steal and run, that would be problematic for sure.

Personally even if I could kill him I won't because you would basically need an entire team of non bonus units which beats the purpose. Maybe after I get everything I want I would give it a try. I will give every unit steal cause it seems like you can steal from him more than once.

bonkeng

He isn't worth killing. As we'll probably need a full team to kill Nimbus. The sacrifice in bonus units far outweighs the gains by killing him. And he also appears by chance, like all the other secret mosnters from previous mog king events.

Pejo

Shit my dudes. I was 50/50 on pulling my daily today, because I had exactly 250 lapis after login bonus and doing the Arena dailies.

I decided to go for it in my magic "gacha" spot. A red light at a stretch of road in the middle of nowhere that I always seem to hit with no traffic around. I've gotten some great gacha pulls in other games at this exact spot.

Well today, Olive graced me with her presence. I was actually floored, because I wanted her but I didn't want to spend anything to get her. It's these small victories that make you so fucking addicted to games like this.

Anyways, I'm still riding high off of that pull. What kind of damage can she do after a full chainsaw Edgar/CuLuna combo? Any of you with a 1000+atk Olive try it out yet?

Syntsui

Wow, I don't think we have a way to do 10m damage in three turns without chaining.

We either sacrifice the bonus units, or go full Edgar.

Prototype

The material has to be tied to a unit, or it would be better than some TMs.
Unless... gumi is doing it on purpose to give all players access to something really powerful.

I'd be OK! with that lol

I know the power of RNG but it still amazes me when people get good pulls from the daily. If I didn't see your posts, I'd think they rigged the rates. I've never seen a single gold from doing them. Even better, last night I got a Shadow...woo woo. Think I might pull the plug here and stop doing them despite how badly I want Shines. Hopefully I get some when I go bonkers on the FFX banner. At least I should have a rather large resource pile saved up for that, don't see anything tempting me along the way.

I don't normally do daily pulls, but Shine has made me do them since her banner started. I have had a gold crystal 3 days in a row, and it has been Seven every single time. GTFO! As for the new banner I will do at least one multi pull for some bonus units. I want Queen especially with the new GE stuff, and her TM is delicious, but probably not worth a chase.

Lyrian

Shit my dudes. I was 50/50 on pulling my daily today, because I had exactly 250 lapis after login bonus and doing the Arena dailies.

I decided to go for it in my magic "gacha" spot. A red light at a stretch of road in the middle of nowhere that I always seem to hit with no traffic around. I've gotten some great gacha pulls in other games at this exact spot.

Well today, Olive graced me with her presence. I was actually floored, because I wanted her but I didn't want to spend anything to get her. It's these small victories that make you so fucking addicted to games like this.

Anyways, I'm still riding high off of that pull. What kind of damage can she do after a full chainsaw Edgar/CuLuna combo? Any of you with a 1000+atk Olive try it out yet?

Grats on the Olive pull!

I believe Valentus and Hippo already have 1k Olives that I've seen on my friends list.

Pejo

Grats on the Olive pull!

I believe Valentus and Hippo already have 1k Olives that I've seen on my friends list.

Thanks, I'm really excited to see her true "finisher" potential.

I'll definitely give it a shot with one of their units until mine's up to snuff, but not this week, this week it's Maze week, lol.

Plus I still have to level my CuLunas. I kept 3 of them so I could do easy chaining, but they're all still 4* level 1. I guess I could toss them some of these sweet, sweet gigantaurs.

Damn! Congrats! I go into my "final" pulls with much the same attitude... but VERY different outcomes. I have never gotten more than a 3* on those pulls, and I would venture to say that a good half of my 29 Anzelm pulls have been in that situation.

Lyrian

Not sure if this an an anomaly of the 2.0 update via the retooling on the in-game unit guidebook (animation playing is sweet btw), but I noticed an interesting trend.

On all the 5* global exclusives, you can now "see" the holes in the unit guide where their eventual 7* upgrades will go. (PAD was notorious for doing this in its earlier days, making this very obvious for me to spot.)

So the 7* unit numbers are...

Demon Rain --> 8002
Dracu Lasswell --> 8005
Elza --> 8014
WK Noel --> 8017
Yun --> 8028
Olive --> 8041**

** Visible unit guide ends at 8040 (Olive 6*) currently. Given the very easy to see trend in the guide, there should be a invisible 8041 spot for her 7* already there but is not verifiable at the moment until the next global exclusive unit is pushed to the client.

As the devs have said that they want the seasonal events to be repeats, that should mean that 7* Halloween Rain/Lasswell should be coming in about 8 months or so :)

Also, this lends weight to a theory that I have had for a long time that only natural rainbows will be eligible for 7* upgrades (no currently existing global exclusive gold crystals that can reach 6* have a 7* spot reserved in the unit guide). By the time the game reaches the need for 7*, there will easily be enough units in the draw pool to avoid needing a 4-5-6-7 upgrade path.

popcorn.gif
/randommusings

Muku

Think of it this way. It's basically the doublicorn again but you can steal for even more currency.

In which I won't be bringing anyone who can Steal (not even using it on character already in my group with the ability) and it just means they'll be normalizing it. So you don't end up with what feels like a DuckTales type thing where you are swimming in Scrouge's money amount of currency.

10,000,000 HP ... let me guess that's the fucker we have to steal from? Called it.

Alkez

Personally even if I could kill him I won't because you would basically need an entire team of non bonus units which beats the purpose. Maybe after I get everything I want I would give it a try. I will give every unit steal cause it seems like you can steal from him more than once.

Do we get 1500 each time we steal?

Do we get 1500 each time we steal?

Not sure. Perhaps someone that has played the event in JPN elaborate more on that. I doubt that is the case though otherwise no one would even want to kill it lol. It is more likely to be that each time you steal you get an amount, and the total you can steal is 1500.

Edit: Nevermind I just saw something on Reddit. It says you get 500 for stealing, and then you get 1500 for surviving the fight. So 2k total for stealing and not attacking. They are also saying you can steal more than once though.....soooo I dunno.

Alkez

Not sure. Perhaps someone that has played the event in JPN elaborate more on that. I doubt that is the case though otherwise no one would even want to kill it lol. It is more likely to be that each time you steal you get an amount, and the total you can steal is 1500.

Ah yeah that would make sense.

In which I won't be bringing anyone who can Steal (not even using it on character already in my group with the ability) and it just means they'll be normalizing it. So you don't end up with what feels like a DuckTales type thing where you are swimming in Scrouge's money amount of currency.

10,000,000 HP ... let me guess that's the fucker we have to steal from? Called it.

After I read this I had to play the DuckTales theme. Classic cartoon.

You can equip steal to the bonus units. The materials to make it are pretty common, and they won't really need the slots for anything else.

RedZaraki

Banned
I believe you get 500 base per successful steal and you can steal from it more than once. You get 1500 base for "surviving" and he runs away IIRC.

So if you can keep stealing from it and you actually get the 500 for each success, a thief bracer will guarantee you 3 successful steals so it may be possible to get a guranteed 3k each time you fight it with a possibility of more if you get more steals to stick. Also if everyone equips a thief bracer and steal on their shared units that is another 1500 so essentially a guarantee of 4500 pre bonus.

So if you can keep stealing from it and you actually get the 500 for each success, a thief bracer will guarantee you 3 successful steals so it may be possible to get a guranteed 3k each time you fight it with a possibility of more if you get more steals to stick. Also if everyone equips a thief bracer and steal on their shared units that is another 1500 so essentially a guarantee of 4500 pre bonus.

hmmm but what if you get 6X steals each turn? Or does his steal table only reset between turns?

I wish I had a better idea of how this all works

Alkez

I believe you get 500 base per successful steal and you can steal from it more than once. You get 1500 base for "surviving" and he runs away IIRC.

That seems like so much currency. I mean if you have 200% worth of bonus units that's 4500 just for surviving, plus steals.

Also, this lends weight to a theory that I have had for a long time that only natural rainbows will be eligible for 7* upgrades (no currently existing global exclusive gold crystals that can reach 6* have a 7* spot reserved in the unit guide). By the time the game reaches the need for 7*, there will easily be enough units in the draw pool to avoid needing a 4-5-6-7 upgrade path.

Hmm very interesting thesis. If this turns out to be the case I may start leaning towards Zera/Pejo's way of teambuilding, simply because the 5* pull leans heavily towards dps units.

hmmm but what if you get 6X steals each turn? Or does his steal table only reset between turns?

I wish I had a better idea of how this all works

I'm just talking about guarantees. If you have a thief bracer and your friend unit has a thief bracer that is 6 guarantees or 3k and then the 1500 for surviving. If you get more than those to stick then it just adds to it. Of course this is all assuming Reddit is right and you can steal over and over until he runs.

Not looking forward to this steal crap because I can't mindlessly set up my attacks and mash repeat like I do every event. I don't even look at the screen half the time when farming these things. Now I have to watch myself, make sure not to attack the guy, and then after the round he's gone I'll have to set up all my attacks again to finish the event. This shit better not be more than 4 rounds.

Not looking forward to this steal crap because I can't mindlessly set up my attacks and mash repeat like I do every event. I don't even look at the screen half the time when farming these things. Now I have to watch myself, make sure not to attack the guy, and then after the round he's gone I'll have to set up all my attacks again to finish the event. This shit better not be more than 4 rounds.

Well he comes after the boss so you won't actually have to do anything with attacks except the steal on the first round against him.

RedZaraki

Banned
6xNYxAK.jpg

I have 2 thief bracers somehow :|

To my knowledge people that ended up getting the Holy Lance back when you got that for completing the key quest were given 2 of the bracers when they took the lance away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom