• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Daily.....second Xon. Gumi plz! Someone else could have used this. Do. Not. WANT!

Hoping that I get a gold to rainbow tomorrow for TT. I need TT in my life! What sucks is that my mage TM's are severely lacking. It's going to take 2 weeks before I can get her up and running should I pull her.

Wait the banner is tomorrow? Hype!

Edit: It seems like the new banner always drops on Thursdays now. I like it.

Celegus

I wouldn't worry too much about missing non-limited 4*s. I spent a bunch of tickets for Seven a ways back and now I've gotten another 4 off-banner. Agrias was one of the only two I was missing for a while, now I have 5 of her.

It's almost as easy to get a specific 4* as it is to get a specific 3* after the crystal changes. As long as you're doing dailies you should get Xon eventually.
That's what I'm hoping for! Though RNG could still be a fickle mistress, such as the fact I still don't have WoL and playing since day 1.

I did get a Seven in all these pulls, is she worth much more than her elemental debuff? I already have Marie that covers that pretty well so I haven't leveled her up.

I burned 55 tickets and 6 10+1 pulls without getting Orlandu. It cleaned me out. I won't be going for anything again for a long time.

I don't think it's totally RNG based. Each account has a " personality" and some people get a shitload of this, and some people have a shitload of that. I've gotten a ton of WoLs at this point.

Rixa

I don't think it's totally RNG based. Each account has a " personality" and some people get a shitload of this, and some people have a shitload of that. I've gotten a ton of WoLs at this point.

My 12 Snow's say hi (One was troll Rainbow).

Where is my Snow White?

tuffymon

I've thought in a similar fashion too. Reminds me of Monster Hunter and having your account tagged and figuring out if you had an avg or good one, cause the terrible ones were... account ending >.>;

Alkez

Looking at my list of games to play and thinking "I really need to quit Brave Exvius". I don't know how anyone has time for other games lol.

ultra7k

Have tried to get into this game on several occasions since it's launch and I've taken a shine to it recently - though my main love is still FFRK.

Just a few questions to try and get going in the right direction.

Yesterday I did an 11 pull and ended up with:

5* Lightning
4* Nine
4* Seven

Other notable characters:
4* Snow
4* Garnet
Both of these characters, along with Nine/Seven are natural 4*s.

I've finally got Ifrit so there's that - and have been spending time grinding through the story and working through my overflow stamina.

Should I just continue to grind through the story and collect as much Lapis as possible, or should I be crafting something in the mean time? I find my materials slots constantly need expanding.

Should I focus on Level, then Trust, or try to do both?

Muku

Not going to lie, this egg event has at least been amazing for my alt account. I put far less effort into it. One, because it's the alt. Two, because it has such shit luck with characters. But these Radiant and Magical Eggs are amazing for my shitty little units right now. (Well, not all are bad, but nothing amazing to be able to get some event stuff done.) I'll take whatever little help I can get.

The secondary bonus has been the Megacite in all of this. My Espers were so far behind. And some still are; however, they are getting some major help. Finally maxed one (Ifrit) with it. Gotten several to 2* as well. Will be interesting to see how far I can get them with the last day or two pulls of them before event ends.

The third was the gear. Well really only got the pieces outside of the eggs I got were the staff for Refia and Second Knife for Delita. (Yeah, I know. It's sad, but he's best I have there.) I don't have any premium TMs on alt, so it's been a game changer. Not as big as if I had a really good unit to put it on, but still makes barrage more pewpew-tastic. Though to be honest, liking my Second Knife on main too. Yun is using it there until I can finish his Dual Wield.

Have tried to get into this game on several occasions since it's launch and I've taken a shine to it recently - though my main love is still FFRK.

Just a few questions to try and get going in the right direction.

5* Lightning
4* Nine
4* Seven

4* Snow
4* Garnet

I've finally got Ifrit so there's that - and have been spending time grinding through the story and working through my overflow stamina.

Should I just continue to grind through the story and collect as much Lapis as possible, or should I be crafting something in the mean time? I find my materials slots constantly need expanding.

You only get natural *'s now. You don't get Rainbow 4* units.

Do the story because good items open up that you can choose to get from chests. Level up a team, because levels begets levels and it will help you on the weekly events. TMs are a month long investment that come once you have a competent team.

tuffymon

5* Lightning
4* Nine
4* Seven

4* Snow
4* Garnet

First off, congrats on the 5 star base (lightning), she's not super strong due to power creep over time, but amazing for a good portion of the story AND arena (which can give a few nice pieces of gear and some nice lapis).

Snow can be a decent tank, garnet can be an alright healer early game. The units listed can get you through a good portion of the story.

While lapis is currently abundant, I'd recommend making some bags bigger, which it does sting a bit, it is permanent and you'll eventually make use of it. I'd personally recommend 100 unit/materials to start, materia/items take a lot longer to fill out and aren't necessary early game.

Hoard as much of the lapis as you can, eventually a really nice banner will come along and you can get the best bang for your lapis. Worst case I feel we'll have a players choice banner in June for our 1 year anniversary.

I wouldn't recommend trying to farm trust master just yet, it's a lot more efficient with higher energy, and if you get to learn about Valentus, he shows that you can beat content without them. That being said, there are certain trusts that are more valuable at the start, and saving the trust moogles for them is a good move. Dual Cast and Dual Wield are top tier.

Muku

Is crafting supposed to be next to impossible?

On the third island and still only thing I can craft is bronze hat lol.

Due to lack of receipes? Or materials to craft things?

ultra: I'd say story first. Work through that before worrying about TMs and all. Though I know at some point I hit a point where I had to go level a bit in the EXP chamber. So leveling is important too, but I'd say go as far as you can before only focusing on getting just levels. (Or if you go just levels, then you can power the story, LOL.) Definitely save tickets though for good banners. Same with Lapis.

eggydoo

I burned 55 tickets and 6 10+1 pulls without getting Orlandu. It cleaned me out. I won't be going for anything again for a long time.

I did the same, but I only used my ticket pile to pull for orlandu and 1 10+1 pull.
I didn't get orlandu til I had 2 tickets left...i'm back up to 30 now though.

Starting to wonder if their RNG has some sort of time based algorithm....all my 5* bases minus Orlandu have been pulled around the evening hours for me.

Niahak

Is crafting supposed to be next to impossible?

On the third island and still only thing I can craft is bronze hat lol.

Most crafting materials come only from doing explorations, and I remember iron ore being surprisingly rare early on.

Most stuff you can get by crafting will be obsoleted by weapons/armor you can straight-up buy in shops in the next area (if not by event gear).

If you have a good thief (esp. Xon) you can steal as you're doing dungeons to accumulate materials for gear/abilities, although you'll probably still be constrained by ores early.

tuffymon

On the matter of levels, I bet a few strong Orlandu friends would help them level nicely in the dark esper trial... that'd be a huge help (or was it fixed yet?)

Anustart

Due to lack of receipes? Or materials to craft things?

ultra: I'd say story first. Work through that before worrying about TMs and all. Though I know at some point I hit a point where I had to go level a bit in the EXP chamber. So leveling is important too, but I'd say go as far as you can before only focusing on getting just levels. (Or if you go just levels, then you can power the story, LOL.) Definitely save tickets though for good banners. Same with Lapis.

Both I guess. No materials for any recipes I do have, which all seem to be recipes for store bought items, and no good looking recipes. Still early i guess though.

Does this game ramp up quick? Have my level 70 noctis on 3rd island, and the enemies pretty much 2 shot everyone but him.

tuffymon

Both I guess. No materials for any recipes I do have, which all seem to be recipes for store bought items, and no good looking recipes. Still early i guess though.

Does this game ramp up quick? Have my level 70 noctis on 3rd island, and the enemies pretty much 2 shot everyone but him.

There's a bit of a ramp up, and than stagnates for awhile... before ramping up again. Noctis should be able to solo most everything with a well placed flask for a good time though.

Anustart

There's a bit of a ramp up, and than stagnates for awhile... before ramping up again. Noctis should be able to solo most everything with a well placed flask for a good time though.

What are these flasks we speak of? Id like to know more, ss troopers style!

This 6 thing tomorrow, good stuff on there for a new player?

ultra7k

First off, congrats on the 5 star base (lightning), she's not super strong due to power creep over time, but amazing for a good portion of the story AND arena (which can give a few nice pieces of gear and some nice lapis).

Snow can be a decent tank, garnet can be an alright healer early game. The units listed can get you through a good portion of the story.

While lapis is currently abundant, I'd recommend making some bags bigger, which it does sting a bit, it is permanent and you'll eventually make use of it. I'd personally recommend 100 unit/materials to start, materia/items take a lot longer to fill out and aren't necessary early game.

Hoard as much of the lapis as you can, eventually a really nice banner will come along and you can get the best bang for your lapis. Worst case I feel we'll have a players choice banner in June for our 1 year anniversary.

I wouldn't recommend trying to farm trust master just yet, it's a lot more efficient with higher energy, and if you get to learn about Valentus, he shows that you can beat content without them. That being said, there are certain trusts that are more valuable at the start, and saving the trust moogles for them is a good move. Dual Cast and Dual Wield are top tier.

Thanks for the tips. Good to know.

I guess I also have Ariana Grande now, and crafter her Microphone, which seems to have decent stats. Is she worth using long term, or should I focus on other characters for now?

Rixa

Your best places for equipments are:

- Colosseum (gives also nice amounts of Lapis when clearing x1 stages)
-> Go to Arena, click Colosseum logo upper right corner
- Events, buy with event currency (next "King Mog" event starts in few days)
- Crafting events, like the one we are now doing and its ending in 15h time

Equipment recipes gained via story aren't so great. Nor shops in story won't sell marvelous eq's either.

Thanks for the tips. Good to know.

I guess I also have Ariana Grande now, and crafter her Microphone, which seems to have decent stats. Is she worth using long term, or should I focus on other characters for now?

Craft 2 microphones. You may want to have her dual wield down the line. It may not happen, especially considering what else you pull, but you never know.

tuffymon

What are these flasks we speak of? Id like to know more, ss troopers style!

This 6 thing tomorrow, good stuff on there for a new player?

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Noctis 6star, level 30, high dmg elemental flasks. You probably don't have what's necessary to evolve to a 6 star yet, but the even this friday you'll be able to buy the materials.

Grande is an ok character, but very niche... I don't think you'll need her for now. Personally, I'd pass on the banner, not enough meat on those bones~

Alkez

Man, Trance Terra's Chaos Wave seems really good.

5 hits, 180%, 50% spr ignore, 35 mp cost.

On the next turn it's 10 hits, 360%, 50% spr ignore, and 0 mp cost. Seems to easily chain with another Trance Terra as well. Just can't dual cast it sadly, but it is an aoe move.

Tm farming at the end of an event is a mental savior at times~

I hear that.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Noctis 6star, level 30, high dmg elemental flasks. You probably don't have what's necessary to evolve to a 6 star yet, but the even this friday you'll be able to buy the materials.

Grande is an ok character, but very niche... I don't think you'll need her for now. Personally, I'd pass on the banner, not enough meat on those bones~

She has good event equipment and, with the Encore materia, Dualcast. She is fantastic for new players (who don't have Exdeath); and even then, she's easier to gear with the event eq.

Lyrian

Not going to lie, this egg event has at least been amazing for my alt account. I put far less effort into it. One, because it's the alt. Two, because it has such shit luck with characters. But these Radiant and Magical Eggs are amazing for my shitty little units right now. (Well, not all are bad, but nothing amazing to be able to get some event stuff done.) I'll take whatever little help I can get.

The secondary bonus has been the Megacite in all of this. My Espers were so far behind. And some still are; however, they are getting some major help. Finally maxed one (Ifrit) with it. Gotten several to 2* as well. Will be interesting to see how far I can get them with the last day or two pulls of them before event ends.

The third was the gear. Well really only got the pieces outside of the eggs I got were the staff for Refia and Second Knife for Delita. (Yeah, I know. It's sad, but he's best I have there.) I don't have any premium TMs on alt, so it's been a game changer. Not as big as if I had a really good unit to put it on, but still makes barrage more pewpew-tastic. Though to be honest, liking my Second Knife on main too. Yun is using it there until I can finish his Dual Wield.

For many of the vets here who are very heavily TMR'd, there wasn't much to chase in this event.

However, for the newer-to-mid-tier accounts, this event has been fantastic in playing catch-up towards at least being able to put a Mog King PRO floor on farm status. Free Hero Rings without the megacrysts and lesser versions of Dual Wield and Black Cowls are fantastic freebies for those not at endgame status.

Lyrian

Very surprised that the whale-tier Should You Pull for the FF6 banner came back as an unqualified "Yes". Mages are typically an automatic no-go with that crowd. Not quite "burn everything for Orlandu" tier, but definitely is demonstrating critical appeal more so than Fryevia garnered with the spreadsheet crowd.

tuffymon

She has good event equipment and, with the Encore materia, Dualcast. She is fantastic for new players (who don't have Exdeath); and even then, she's easier to gear with the event eq.

I agree, she's ok, but do you REALLY think a new player will be able to do the final difficulty for her dungeon to get encore? doubtful imo. The rest of the gear is a lot easier to get in comparison, just a bit of time and energy.

Rain and Laswell aren't top tier, but can be decent characters at 6 star. All of the story characters have easier level up xp curves at least.

Rixa

Very surprised that the whale-tier Should You Pull for the FF6 banner came back as an unqualified "Yes". Mages are typically an automatic no-go with that crowd. Not quite "burn everything for Orlandu" tier, but definitely is demonstrating critical appeal more so than Fryevia garnered with the spreadsheet crowd.

And then I had "Aha" moment when I just finished reading SYP.

Reddit user Defianthermit said:
By reliable I mean he provides waaay more frames on which your finisher can hit to get a full chain bonus. Even without Dual Wield or linking two of his chains, his simple chain consists of 20-hits, which is waaaay more than enough to cap the chain (+300% modifier) with an elemental chain. Essentially, this means that your finisher can hit anywhere from the 10th hit to the 20th hit and he'll get the full modifier. On Chizuru's case, things are way tighter and you need to land the hit as the last hit on the chain to get the final modifier.

I want 2 Setzers and then I want to test them with Jackpot Shot as finisher.

RedZaraki

Banned

I think eventually we're going to face another "mage only" really difficult event fight or something. And that will be rough.

Zalasta

I spent 70 tickets and 2 10+1 between player's choice and Orlandu banner, didn't get any rainbow except for a dupe Dark Fina, so that really stung. I used to think the way you do because I would have trouble getting specific units that were plentiful for others. However, it has evened up for me recently, so if there is any pattern at all, I think it's more that the units are grouped in pools, and sometimes you just seem to pull more from one over another.

tuffymon

Looked over the post and didn't see a resounding yes, but a grab a Setzer and run near the bottom~ Course I could have missed it.

Pejo

Gold Member

Yea since I never pulled an Orlandu, my chaining options are limited to Chiz/Cupid Luna/Edgar. Setzer is a godsend for me in the chain game, to take advantage of the 2 Olives I still need to build.

I won't feel too bad about buying some lapis for this banner, if my 3 10+1s aren't enough.
Since Setzer is not a limited unit, I'm not going to go balls out on it though.

Lyrian

Setzer is a very solid and welcome chainer for Global, and a solid pickup.

More surprised at the general love being shown to Trance Terra.

I think eventually we're going to face another "mage only" really difficult event fight or something. And that will be rough.

I wouldn't doubt it. Actually, I'd expect it at some point in the future.

Also, it is known already one of the future trials is mage-based as well.

Lucreto

Can someone recommend a good Black Mage? Vivi is maxed out and has hit a wall.

Which characters use the 2 star trust moogles? I have 27 of them and can't seem to find a character that uses them.

tuffymon

Which characters use the 2 star trust moogles? I have 27 of them and can't seem to find a character that uses them.

click and hold on it, itll bring up the status screen and name the nm it must be fused with. if you got them out of the egg vortex, only the 3 new units use them.

robotuw

I'm lucky enough to have an Orlandu so I'm mainly wanting Setzer for his chain finisher. Is he worth going for just for that? I've got enough Kefkas and Terras already that I'd be happy to not pull on this banner at all.

Valentus

The thing about trance terra are 2:

1.- Full Raise

2.- Fryevia's Needle. With that, Trance Terra surpass the 1K MAG.

She is a monster.

Lyrian

3* Terra will be passable in tomorrow's banner. Kuja or Krille are also 3* options, although the non-rainbow gold standard for mages is still Exdeath. There are still no 4* base mages on global, so all mages are either common or ultra-rare rainbow crystals.

Rixa

3* Terra will be passable in tomorrow's banner. Kuja is another 3* option, although the non-rainbow gold standard for mages is still Exdeath. There are still no 4* base mages on global, so all mages are either common or ultra-rare rainbow crystals.

Exdeath, best base 3* mage we have.

robotuw

There are still no 4* base mages on global, so all mages are either common or ultra-rare rainbow crystals.

How could you forget about Hope!?

XgjpA.gif

Muku

I agree, she's ok, but do you REALLY think a new player will be able to do the final difficulty for her dungeon to get encore? doubtful imo. The rest of the gear is a lot easier to get in comparison, just a bit of time and energy.

Nope. Even my alt can't do the final difficulty. If I had maybe more powerful units sure, but I know damn well a new player can't. It actually made me sad when I realized I couldn't. Was hoping to at least be able to get that dumb ticket. ;_; (Because I can't even clear the damn thing at all, LOL.)

What does awakening do? I did it on Rain and seemingly all it did was keep him at 3 stars but put him back to level 1.

He should be 4* now. Just gotta work on getting him to cap and break his 4* cap to 5*. He goes all the way to Lv 100 6*.

Edit: As far as what it does, it increases your characters power and stats. I used Lasswell and Rain for a long time when I started. I ended up capping them out at 5* long before I got characters to replace them in my group. (Which helped when they got their 6*.)

Pejo

Gold Member

Rain and Laswell aren't top tier, but can be decent characters at 6 star. All of the story characters have easier level up xp curves at least.

Apprently a sufficiently powerful Fry can carry a noobie team through this event. I don't have one, but there's probably several people on GAF that could build out a Fry enough to solo the Grande thing.

Here's the Reddit thread on it: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...rous_woman_tour_the_stage_carry_strategy_all/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom