• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

What do I do with dupe characters? Have 3 mercedes.

Depends on how many you want and TMs. I tend to keep one of characters unless for things like TM. Like I have multiples of Zidane saved up. Even one I got this morning (not sure when I'll get to his DW), you'll want to save for TM farming. If you feel like you need multiples of her Axe, go for it. (Though, don't think I'd merge any dupe 5*. But I've never gotten any at this point and don't assume I ever will.)

Edit: Apparently I only half answer questions today. Gotta get my shit together cuz I gotta go to work soon, ugh. LOL. >_<

As for what to do with them... you can merge them. It will raise your TM % on character you merge the dupe to by 5%. In combination with Trust Moogles (the non specific ones), you can work on their TMs. Plus their TMs will go up after battles. Sometimes. The non specific Moogles can come in flavors of 10%, 5%, and 1%. (1% is a recently bullcrappy one. I mean it's good if you need that 1 left, but takes up unit space.)

tuffymon

Apprently a sufficiently powerful Fry can carry a noobie team through this event. I don't have one, but there's probably several people on GAF that could build out a Fry enough to solo the Grande thing.

Here's the Reddit thread on it: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...rous_woman_tour_the_stage_carry_strategy_all/

Always cool when someone can do something crazy like that, but as someone already suggested, that's a crazy requirement, that few could do here.

edit righthandman90 is crazy nuts too~ in terms of sheer whale... seems like a good dude though.

Just got a weird error
"Mission start conditions not set" or something like that...

Anyone ever seen something like this?

Edit: actually I think I know why. Open chamber (Awakening) time expired when I went back to the app to continue...

Kettch

This ended up being a really nice event. In total I got:

- About 10 rank ups to 89.
- 4-5 million gil.
- Every character I wanted leveled and then some.
- About 275 of each megacite, all espers maxxed out.
- Noctis' limit break from 10 to 20 or so.
- 2 Vestments.
- All purecrysts bought, and enough rainbow eggs left for about 5 knives if I want them.

All from running a quick 6 NRG quest with 4 trust mastery characters and Xon.

tuffymon

- 4-5 million gil.
- 2 Vestments.
- All purecrysts bought, and enough rainbow eggs left for about 5 knives if I want them.

Sounds amazing, except you can only have 1 knife ><; you can have multiples of the staff, the bandanna, and the necklace though~

Pejo

- 4-5 million gil.
- 2 Vestments.

I have really slacked on the event, where do you buy the purecrysts? I tried mog king but he wants nothing that i'm selling.

Kettch

Sounds amazing, except you can only have 1 knife ><; you can have multiples of the staff, the bandanna, and the necklace though~

Ah, that's a bummer. Guess I'll make a couple Icy Veins and then sell the eggs for space.

I have really slacked on the event, where do you buy the purecrysts? I tried mog king but he wants nothing that i'm selling.

In the vortex there's a map you go to, in there you buy the purecrysts from...either the Innkeeper or Xon, I don't remember.

tuffymon

Ah, that's a bummer. Guess I'll make a couple Icy Veins and then sell the eggs for space.

In the vortex there's a map you go to, in there you buy the purecrysts from...either the Innkeeper or Xon, I don't remember.

Eggs arent worth jack during this event, id recommend making as much as you can get those eq numbers towards 1k crafts for the 500 lapis if you hadnt already...

you buy the t5s from the bartender, ask about them... uh last choice?

Azuran

Banned
We did it boyz! All that non-stop grinding for the past day and half paid off.

8FCLJqnl.jpg

Well, this is as high as mine is getting ATK wise until I get more stuff. I'm not even going to bother with a magic build right now since I have none of the TMs needed for that.

iwY5lnfl.jpg
ZuSbEBJl.jpg

Besides all the magic TMs for that build and Dark Knight's Sou and Ifrit's Clawl, what else do I need to make her into a physical beast?

tuffymon

Best way to rack up 40000 metal eggs before event ends for a new player?????

Latest exploration dungeon I have access to?

I don't know the drop rates of earlier islands, but an exploration will yield the most eggs overall IF you're willing to fight ALL the battles there, add more to it if you're stealing too.

edit @Azuran Icy Veins > Unusual Artifact

Anustart

I don't know the drop rates of earlier islands, but an exploration will yield the most eggs overall IF you're willing to fight ALL the battles there, add more to it if you're stealing too.

edit @Azuran Icy Veins > Unusual Artifact

Went to a later exploration and was getting drops of 64 to 128, where as on the first island, every drop was 250. I'm chasing that high.

Lyrian

And.... THE RESULTS ARE IN! (cue Maury Povich voice if you want)

Ice Diva Shiva still retains the crown of most damaging esper on Rydia/Shiva. Just as before, she continues to slightly edge out Ramuh for the crown by ~5 to 10%.

All that changed with the patch is the mod % of the esper's attacks. All other aspects of esper damage remained the same, including the primary component of being a hybrid INT/SPR (from the esper, NOT the caster). Shiva's perfectly hybrid balanced INT/SPR stats still give her the edge, despite having a lower mod % on her attack.

Shiva: (5400)^2 + (5400^2) = 58,320,000 / 2 = 29,160,000
Ramuh: (5900^2) + (4500^2) = 55,060,000 / 2 = 27,530,000

29,160,000 / 27,530,000 = 1.059 = 5.9% damage output advantage for Shiva over Ramuh.

This finding is consistent with the damage output numbers observed, factoring in random damage variance swings.

Physical espers have horrid INT/SPR scores, so they continue to output horrid damage.

The numbers (damage range observed, in ES on Belomar with Imperil and Rydia with EVO MAG +10% x3 equipped; espers appear to have up to ~10% damage variation)

Shiva: 6.42m --> 6.92m
Ramuh: 6.10m --> 6.47m
Diabolos: 5.01m --> 5.65m
Shiva: 2.53m --> 2.71m

Odin: 593k --> 646k
Ifrit: 240k --> 262k

FUN FACTS:
-- Comparing Nazta's datamine for the mod values for esper with buff compared to their values on JP, all espers are now at EXACTLY HALF of the damage mod value that they achieve when Bahamut is released.

-- Titan, being a physical esper, won't be bringing the damage either.
-- Lakshimi, after that, is not offensive at all, I think?
-- Tetra Sylpheed will be the next esper to challenge the damage hierachy:

So... at 2*, (6000 INT)^2 + (3500 SPR)^2 = 48,250,000 / 2 = 24,125,000

Nope, Tetra won't dethrone Shiva either.

It will take Lord Bahamut to finally surpass Shiva's damage output.... and it's not even close. It's like absurd DBZ power levels of being stupidly OP.

How many islands left to go? :)~

Lyrian

Do note that you can't CURRENTLY refund your points, so be careful how you use them. Things like killers and certain spells/skills are highly prioritized... you CAN'T get everything

What Tuffy said is **very** important. Re-speccing isn't in the game yet for Global, so if you mess up, you're stuck with the results for now.

Use THIS planner to avoid making costly esper leveling mistakes :)

Malakhov

Banned
Finally have my vestment of mind. Had forgotten about that and started farming yesterday. Stupid rare compared to patches and the needle.

OK so I'll craft them eggs for the 500 lapis. What did you guys set up as the macro?

across

Friendly reminder that the FP Gigantuars/Gil Snappers go away with maint, in an hour and 10 minutes from the time of this post, if you want to stock up on Gigantuars for all those Kefkas and Gaus we're gonna be pulling soon.

Rixa

Friendly reminder that the FP Gigantuars/Gil Snappers go away with maint, in an hour and 10 minutes from the time of this post, if you want to stock up on Gigantuars for all those Kefkas and Gaus we're gonna be pulling soon.

I think you can still summon your Metal Eggs after maintenance. So grind your nrg now to Metal Eggs and pull after maintenance.

across

I think you can still summon your Metal Eggs after maintenance. So grind your nrg now to Metal Eggs and pull after maintenance.

Yup, the metal egg banner stays around but the cactuars/turtles from FP don't, so pull now if you can be bothered to sell the 500 units you end up acquiring from 100k FP.

Malakhov

Banned
Between the FP event, Eggs event and the 130k exp dark espers trial, I was swimming in EXP.

Too bad I ended up with a 6* mats bottleneck but I have a ton of cactuar family units stacked >:)

across

I know the enhancement topic isn't really a hot one here because who really cares about the units in the first wave of enhancements we received, but this page over on the Reddit Wiki is a great way to illustrate the relative importance of each type of gemcrystwhatever, as well as help as a shopping list for targetting types.

Use the find function in your browser (ctrl-f) to search for each stone type and marvel at the count difference. Or don't, because I already did, removing extraneous results (like Guardian of Zoldaad, etc.)

Power: 124
Support: 122
Tech: 44
Healing: 29
Black: 17
Guard: 16
White: 13
Green: 6

Divide these numbers by 2 (uh, mostly; some pre-enhancement abilities have stone requirements displayed) to get the number of individual abilities that are enhanced through said stones. Witness the relevance of the Green Purecryst, used in a grand total of one ability (Marie's Reflect)

tuffymon

I did left around 50k FP. Too hassle to empty it full. Been doing it already 2 times during this event.

I managed to empty it all with about 5 min to spare, sold everything but the killer units and xp units~ still have like 130 over my pool... so thatll be fun tomorrow before i can do anything

desverger

I know the enhancement topic isn't really a hot one here because who really cares about the units in the first wave of enhancements we received, but this page over on the Reddit Wiki is a great way to illustrate the relative importance of each type of gemcrystwhatever, as well as help as a shopping list for targetting types.

Use the find function in your browser (ctrl-f) to search for each stone type and marvel at the count difference. Or don't, because I already did, removing extraneous results (like Guardian of Zoldaad, etc.)

Divide these numbers by 2 (uh, mostly; some pre-enhancement abilities have stone requirements displayed) to get the number of individual abilities that are enhanced through said stones. Witness the relevance of the Green Purecryst, used in a grand total of one ability (Marie's Reflect)

Nice, I was looking for something like this.

Kinda sad how Support and Power are pretty much the only ones you'll most likely need. Green practically has no use to be in the game.

tuffymon

Kinda disgusting seeing the disparity between the types in this fashion. Why not combine White/Black to be Colorless, and Guard and Green to be something else... that'd leave it with 6, and you can do 3/3 or 2/2/2 vortex still...

Malakhov

Banned

Thanks for the info. I bought the support and power crystals from the event and I am still sitting on 200 rainbow eggs and was wondering which ones to buy next. I'll go with tech and healing I suppose.

across

Thanks for the info. I bought the support and power crystals from the event and I am still sitting on 200 rainbow eggs and was wondering which ones to buy next. I'll go with tech and healing I suppose.

Well, numbers don't tell the whole story.

No point in listing all of the important things that utilize Power and Support, but here's what I've learned from going over this page (nb: does not include the most recent wave of enhancements yet, so no Vivi, Kuja, Rem, etc.)

Green: Marie's Reflect is the only thing that uses Green Purecryst, at all. Kuja's Barthundara and Golem's Kabuff are the only other two abilities on this stone type.

White: Only useful for someone with terrible healer luck who missed out on Y'shtola and needs more oomph on Roselia or Garnet's Curaja. The only thing even remotely useful to mature accounts here is Refia's Full-Life enhancement... and all it does is lower the MP cost. Grinding 6 Giancrysts for -15 MP? [Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.]

Black: Exdeath's Meteor, Dark Fina's Ultima. That's about it unless you've been looking to make 5* Hope and/or Kuja the cornerstone of your party. But still, if you have Dark Fina, this may be something of a priority... unless you also have Ring of the Lucii?

Healing: Party-wide MP recovery for Roselia, Rosa, Ace, Queen, Charlotte. Nine's auto-refresh. Primm's NotCuraja and Raise. Affects both of Luka's big abilities so she's probably the most meaningful one here, making this the least-worst of the least-useful cryst types.

Guard: Cecil's Saintly Wall - but keep in mind the enhancements only give him extra light resist and auto-refresh, no mitigation. Charlotte's Royal Armlet - but keep in mind she doesn't need any Purecrysts for either enhancement (?!). Both of Warrior of Light's big skills take these. Marie's Lovely Guard and Randi's Mana's Bond round out the mix.

Tech: Luneth, Gilgamesh and Orlandeau's weapon passives. Eileen and Tidus's ATK/killer passives. Randi's Power Charge (this is a very big deal at +2). All of Soleil's dances.

This isn't comprehensive, but it's, IMO, the most relevant stuff. I left out the DQ collab units because their GL future is a bit murky.

SeanTSC

Tech looks equally important as Support and Power to me. Even though there's way less that uses it, what does use it are pretty big deals.

Guard I'd probably just sit on until WoL's enhancements come out, doesn't look like it's worth throwing away on Cecil.

The magic ones look like junk for me, outside of some select uses of Healing.

Alkez

No point in listing all of the important things that utilize Power and Support, but here's what I've learned from going over this page (nb: does not include the most recent wave of enhancements yet, so no Vivi, Kuja, Rem, etc.)

Green: Marie's Reflect is the only thing that uses Green Purecryst, at all. Kuja's Barthundara and Golem's Kabuff are the only other two abilities on this stone type.

White: Only useful for someone with terrible healer luck who missed out on Y'shtola and needs more oomph on Roselia or Garnet's Curaja. The only thing even remotely useful to mature accounts here is Refia's Full-Life enhancement... and all it does is lower the MP cost. Grinding 6 Giancrysts for -15 MP? [Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.]

Black: Exdeath's Meteor, Dark Fina's Ultima. That's about it unless you've been looking to make 5* Hope and/or Kuja the cornerstone of your party. But still, if you have Dark Fina, this may be something of a priority... unless you also have Ring of the Lucii?

Healing: Party-wide MP recovery for Roselia, Rosa, Ace, Queen, Charlotte. Nine's auto-refresh. Primm's NotCuraja and Raise. Affects both of Luka's big abilities so she's probably the most meaningful one here, making this the least-worst of the least-useful cryst types.

Guard: Cecil's Saintly Wall - but keep in mind the enhancements only give him extra light resist and auto-refresh, no mitigation. Charlotte's Royal Armlet - but keep in mind she doesn't need any Purecrysts for either enhancement (?!). Both of Warrior of Light's big skills take these. Marie's Lovely Guard and Randi's Mana's Bond round out the mix.

Tech: Luneth, Gilgamesh and Orlandeau's weapon passives. Eileen and Tidus's ATK/killer passives. Randi's Power Charge (this is a very big deal at +2). All of Soleil's dances.

This isn't comprehensive, but it's, IMO, the most relevant stuff. I left out the DQ collab units because their GL future is a bit murky.

That's a good breakdown, thanks. I was wondering what to go for after Power. I think I might go for healing but I need some help understanding how Luka's Regen works. The description says:

AoE ~20000 HP Heal w/ 53x Mod split over 20 Turns

But I don't really understand how much that translates to each turn.

SeanTSC

That's a good breakdown, thanks. I was wondering what to go for after Power. I think I might go for healing but I need some help understanding how Luka's Regen works. The description says:

AoE ~20000 HP Heal w/ 53x Mod split over 20 Turns

But I don't really understand how much that translates to each turn.

Okay so, healing works like this:

Skill Base Healing + (0.5 * Unit SPR + 0.1 * Unit MAG) * (Skill Modifier / Magic Coefficient)

So let's assume your Luka has 500 Spirit and 200 mag. That would make it 34,310 HP slit over 20 turns if my math is right, which works out to 1715 hp per turn regen.

Alkez

Okay so, healing works like this:

Skill Base Healing + (0.5 * Unit SPR + 0.1 * Unit MAG) * (Skill Modifier / Magic Coefficient)

So let's assume your Luka has 500 Spirit and 200 mag. That would make it 34,310 HP slit over 20 turns if my math is right, which works out to 1715 hp per turn regen.

Ah I see, thanks. So it's basically is a free Curuja (unless your unit dies and loses the buff).

Malakhov

Banned

Besides power and support for ramza, there's not much that makes me go 'damn that's nice' since I dont have Dark Fina either. Thanks for the info again, I'll go with tech and then guard I guess for WoL maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom