• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

It's made for Fry/Rem.

Embrace the HP/MAG materia damnit!

Eh I would never give it to Fry unless she was dying constantly. It will go on one of my arena Dark Finas though. I love MAG based stuff but the game isn't based around it unfortunately, other than a few things here and there. I would love a MAG meta, if only to screw with us lol.

Rootbeer

Banned
On the fence about enhancing my Randi.... I still haven't enhanced my DKC and I probably should since I pulled DV... weighing my options still.

Eh I would never give it to Fry unless she was dying constantly. It will go on one of my arena Dark Finas though. I love MAG based stuff but the game isn't based around it unfortunately, other than a few things here and there. I would love a MAG meta, if only to screw with us lol.

uhh mages are struggling as chainers a bit but they are still excellent finishers

Even if they take some teamwork to get going (zyrus)

Or rely on heavy hitting LBs (ashe,DarkFina) but we also need to remember that mages attack SPR which many trial bosses have less of on average than defense

That said mages are squishy so these items are welcome

Doctor_No

Haven't played Automata (LOVE Nier), but I read that in Automata she has a beserk skill that continues until she hits 1% health?

Maybe that's how this works. Won't kill her but will go as low as 1%.

If it does kill her I would have to think Retry has a chance to proc.

She's still such a monster. I read that BiS for her is something like 1,183 ATK. 1,650 with max LB.

Yeah, her Berserk Mode in Nier drains her HP in exchange for damage output, kinda cool how they made that mechanic part of her LB. Her health will need to be managed while her LB is up, and seemingly, it can be up pretty much constantly given boosted LB gauge fill rate and the fact her LB lasts 4 turns; I don't think the Aigarion Arm's LB boost or LB-based TMRs are even necessary.

She seems best suited for long battles as a DPS, as part of a complete team with healer/reraiser/support/tank rather than an OTKO dps given the need for HP maintenance on Berserk Mode and the fact she takes several turns to get up and running.

But that built-in reraise is really nice, its proven to already be very useful for Fry and Vargas. Her counter is also nice, it'll be great given her suitability for longer battles.

Very well thought out unit, unlike Eve. I really wish they made some unique mechanic for him so that he had some role; kinda like Yda.

But I'm going to need burst pots if I get A2, it seems almost necessary for her.

c-murph

Got two ribbons down, working on third which should be done by tonight... Wondering if I should do a fourth before attempting the battle.

Syntsui

Got two ribbons down, working on third which should be done by tonight... Wondering if I should do a fourth before attempting the battle.
I have one Discernment, no ribbons and my entire team resists all the dangerous ailments. You really don't need more than one.

I suppose you've been playing for as long as me, so you should have most of the event/story equipments.

uhh mages are struggling as chainers a bit but they are still excellent finishers

Even if they take some teamwork to get going (zyrus)

Or rely on heavy hitting LBs (ashe,DarkFina) but we also need to remember that mages attack SPR which many trial bosses have less of on average than defense

That said mages are squishy so these items are welcome

I guess, yeah. I haven't used a pure Mage on any trial since well before Gilgamesh. Fryevia basically made pure mages obsolete to me. I guess as a finisher one like Rem would be really good, I've just never gotten around to trying one.

I guess, yeah. I haven't used a pure Mage on any trial since well before Gilgamesh. Fryevia basically made pure mages obsolete to me. I guess as a finisher one like Rem would be really good, I've just never gotten around to trying one.

when orlandu destroys everything without a finisher why bother practicing?

But that last robot trial was a reality check for anyone wanting to do the body strat. A finisher can make all the difference and its why the emperor strat was viable

wilstreak

So if I'm doing this right, a little tired so my math might be off.

Dark Veritas:

Base Attack (Potted): 180 attack
Odin: 60 attack
Passives: 20% Attack, Large Sword Mastery (50%), Darklord (30% w/heavy armor, 75% DH)

Equipment:

Weapon: Sword of Loto (125 attack)
Helmet: Prishe's Hairpin (45 Attack)
Armor: Iron Colossus (15 Attack)
Accessory 1: Martial Gloves (40 attack, 50% TDH)
Accessory 2: Desch's Earring (45 Attack)
Materia 1: Buster Form (100% TDH)
Materia 2: Buster Form (100% TDH)
Materia 3: Sworn Six's Pride - Dark (30% w/heavy armor, 30% w/large sword)
Materia 4: Sworn Six's Pride - Dark (30% w/heavy armor, 30% w/large sword)

(180 + (180*2.2)) + (270+(270*3)) + 60 = 1716

That should be his attack based off that. His weapon will change his final attack number a bit. Excalibur II from Steiner will increase his attack by another 20 and give him Light Element to work with Orlandu. You can equip Glauca's Sword for the same attack but guaranteed dark element. Save The Queen from Beatrix is another option that gives him another 40 attack and is neutral element. If you have Dandelga or Karyuo (both Limited Time units) he can do Fire as well. Dark Edge already has Dark Imbue so it's better to go with something other than Glauca's Sword though.

I also only used Odin which is 60 attack. 3-star Ifrit is closer to 80 attack and can increase his base attack even more with the skill that increases the benefit a character gets from equipping the Esper. It's not as good as the Killers but if we're able to increase the SP of an Esper in the future, this should change. Also, I didn't take into account Friend stat bonus either.

So when you look at this with his 900%/1200% potential on Dark Edge and the fact he has 75% Killer on Beast/Dragon/Human on it as well, it's pretty clear why they didn't want to give him 75% TDH on Darklord

It is not even funny that rainbow crystal can be both Lightning or Dark veritas.
Rather than balancing character, it seems Gumi prefer to make some unit much more stronger.

It is not even funny that rainbow crystal can be both Lightning or Dark veritas.
Rather than balancing character, it seems Gumi prefer to make some unit much more stronger.

Don't fret, the theorists believe Lightning will be our first to ascend to 7*!!! Then all will be right and balanced in the Exvius world! For a time.......

bonkeng

Seems like Gumi changed Eve's TM to 30% HP. That's a whole lot better now.

Yeah... whenever Gumi would like to spread the love.
Which will be never.

882.jpg

Yan (I see I typoed it before... I keep doing that with his name. Damn Yun comes to mind too... these names, ugh.)

Isn't his name supposed to be Yang? That's what I remember playing FF4 and After Years.

Seems like Gumi changed Eve's TM to 30% HP. That's a whole lot better now.

Isn't his name supposed to be Yang? That's what I remember playing FF4 and After Years.

Whoa whoa 30%?

They are really trying to appease the anger arent they? They could do with a buff to his kit as well

Syntsui

Lapis rewards are still incredible on the new JP story event. With this current rotation, we basically get enough for a multi every single month + a fuck ton of tickets.

c-murph

I have one Discernment, no ribbons and my entire team resists all the dangerous ailments. You really don't need more than one.

I suppose you've been playing for as long as me, so you should have most of the event/story equipments.

Yeah, thats true... but it gave me a reason to play clean up with all my kefkas lying around too.

Don't fret, the theorists believe Lightning will be our first to ascend to 7*!!! Then all will be right and balanced in the Exvius world! For a time.......

Unless they keep all the 7* consistently balanced......... lmao yeah right. 7* Lightning will be obsolete in a month.

Alkez

But I'm going to need burst pots if I get A2, it seems almost necessary for her.

I have so many in my inbox from explorations because I haven't had the unit space to pick them up. Would have just spent them on Noctis who I don't use, but now if I pull her I should be able to get her LB up a good amount.

Syntsui

Now they only need to fix Repeat button so it actually repeats your commands with the exact same frame they were used before and the game will be perfect.

Xion86

Thank you Gumi for the turn number and % bar! :D that was much needed, really enjoying little improv,nets such as these when they come along. Do we know of any other changes?

Think you can free up one more space ? I'm stuck on that trial as well :(

My ingame name is Tir : 002 261 272

Just sent you a request :)

Daily pull: Timothy (never got him before so that was nice).

76eytNhl.png

Im still going strong and saving up p, was going to blow all these and more at once on Cloud one day...:p.

I'm really not happy with how shitty Eve is, 100% done to dilute banner gold pulls

His TM now gives 30% HP

which is a pretty massive stealth upgrade

Cuz first it was 20% MP.... then 20% HP

At 30% his tm is not only easily accessible but also replaces many older tms of this type

The threshold ability is a nice cherry.

bonkeng

His TM now gives 30% HP

which is a pretty massive stealth upgrade

Cuz first it was 20% MP.... then 20% HP

At 30% his tm is not only easily accessible but also replaces many older tms of this type

The threshold ability is a nice cherry.

Depending on the situation, it might be even better than Rasler's TM. 110% def buff on threshold might make or break a boss fight.

This makes more sense than atk buff on threshold like Adam's TM. Since tanks generally soaks up damage and can easily go through threshold instead of the dps units.

Depending on the situation, it might be even better than Rasler's TM. 110% def buff on threshold might make or break a boss fight.

This makes more sense than atk buff on threshold like Adam's TM. Since tanks generally soaks up damage and can easily go through threshold instead of the dps units.

Not sure it will work for units like WoL or EV since they already have DEF threshold passives and I doubt they would stack.

I would still prefer Rasler's TM.

bonkeng

Not sure it will work for units like WoL or EV since they already have DEF threshold passives and I doubt they would stack.

I would still prefer Rasler's TM.

I guess you're right.

Syntsui made a good point on using it on healers and supports. The 110% def up on threshold more than makes up for the straight 20% def.

I guess you're right.

Syntsui made a good point on using it on healers and supports. The 110% def up on threshold more than makes up for the straight 20% def.

My Rikku sports 4x HP15%.

These will go straight to her so her HP jumps to like 10k. :)

Now I will be happy when I pull multiple Eve lol.

Crazy how quickly things changed.

EDarkness

Looks like the game is back up, but a new version of the app is available. Unfortunately, the Apple App store doesn't show it as available yet. Well, I guess I'll mess around in another game until it shows up.

Looks like the game is back up, but a new version of the app is available. Unfortunately, the Apple App store doesn't show it as available yet. Well, I guess I'll mess around in another game until it shows up.

Nah I updated the app at at 8 am est. Unless they've somehow taken the update down.

EDarkness

Nah I updated the app at at 8 am est. Unless they've somehow taken the update down.

I guess they have since it's not on my update list. Can't play the game at all right now...at least until they put the update back up. Are you guys in the U.S.? I wonder if it's not up on the U.S. store right now.

tuffymon

This change to the expeditions is uhh weird to say the least... >.>; Some with 100%, some not, A with 100% just feels like I'm cheating or something...

I like how the bundle page was changed

Pejo

Gold Member
Alright guys, A2 is legitimately a great unit confirmed. This is going to be a bad Friday. I think I'll do no more than 3 10+1 pulls tomorrow, I never seem to have luck the first day of a new banner, but no way will I be able to fully resist.

I set aside a certain amount of money for this, so here's hoping I come in well under that. Played a few hours of Automata last night, my summoning ritual is under way. Taro be with us all.

Top Bottom