• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Shouta

I wasn't really impressed by Mercenary Ramza's (cause I have him) despite him getting 5 (which to me speaks for the kind of position he was in before). I don't really get what his role in the team is meant to be, even with the enhancements.

Mercenary Ramza is a tank and a DPS. You can either go all out in either direction or you can build him as a hybrid. Most folks prefer to have a dedicated tank though which is why WoL became so important. In addition, Ramza is a Cover tank which has fallen out of favor outside of specific instances.

I've discussed hybrid tanks before but they're best used with other hybrid characters so you can split duties. It's just hard to build a hybrid tank and DPS because you end up missing a bunch of things as a result of strengthening those roles. You can't raise elemental resistance as much nor can you get status ailment protection for example. You also need a bunch of Earth Veritas' TM to be able to get high attack and defense.

However, Mercenary Ramza is 100% resistance to status ailments and is getting elemental resistance with his upgrades. Depending on those numbers, he'll have a lot going for him stat-wise. You'd just need to get 4 of Earth veritas TM then.

The big question is whether his new enhancement to Yell is single person or all allies

I'm sure you've done all of the story content by now. Could you give me a spoiler tagged rundown of the relationships between
Axter, Raegen and Lasswell
and what happened in that scene with them talking?

I haven't done the story yet, I'll probably do today or tomorrow. I'll let you know then.

New enhancements are coming for Balthier, Knight Delita, Mercenary Ramza, Meliadoul Orran, Ashe, Rasler, and Vaan. Most of them look pretty great but just how great will depend on the changes. Balthier looks like he got the big upgrade though.

Awww yeah

Mercenary Ramza and Knight Delita are on my chase list

CGwizz

I hope they someday go easy on events that need grinding, i need to play the story but my nrg always go to cactuar dunes, moggle king event etc...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
levelingjtbzw.jpg

Max leveled the units for Setzer usage...thanks for the Cactuar Event. Now i gotta look into equipment/weapons, figure out how chaining works and if i can team up with Orlandu etc.

Mipcgamer

What would you do?
Currently farming five Edgars to get the Machine Killer TM.
Like everyone else, I have a backlog of TMs to do.
Also, don't need two Edgars having other chainers.
Would you fuse them all or farm 2 Machine Killers?
I feel that there is not much room for two DPS units against something like Agaion.

whelp..
I'm WAY behind my schedule..
unfortunately i've spent from 21 to 29th june in my southern italy house (without any android device), then a week back in milan, then again away (this time in slovenia) up to last friday, then finally saturday evening a wedding and TODAY evening i'm finally back home to play ffbe...
dat feeling when you *want* to be a nerd but society forces you to not to be...

oh well, hopefully i'm for 15 straight days in milan now, so back on ffbe ship we go!

soo.. zagrabwhatever is a decent char right?
enough to chime in 10-15 tix on the banner or better to keep them for the nier banner?

whelp..
I'm WAY behind my schedule..
unfortunately i've spent from 21 to 29th june in my southern italy house (without any android device), then a week back in milan, then again away (this time in slovenia) up to last friday, then finally saturday evening a wedding and TODAY evening i'm finally back home to play ffbe...
dat feeling when you *want* to be a nerd but society forces you to not to be...

oh well, hopefully i'm for 15 straight days in milan now, so back on ffbe ship we go!

soo.. zagrabwhatever is a decent char right?
enough to chime in 10-15 tix on the banner or better to keep them for the nier banner?

Welcome back. And I'd save them for Nier.

Erm no....i want to use it on Trials i havent cleared yet. Im still at Gilgamesh right now.

That team won't survive very long in trials.

No WoL or Cecil? Refia? Y'shtola? Minfilia?

For chaining you are good with the 2x Setzer. For gear, you're going to want them to both have dual wield at some point.

My chainers are only 2x Orlandeau and I chain them by just choosing "Divine Ruination" for both and tapping both quickly so both attacks hit around the same exact time.

You'll be doing something similar.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...b5v/setzer_max_chaining_potential_withsetzer/

Just had a 8 round fight in Henna Mines. 3 bonus battles 1 bug 2 bombs. 13kish was mote amount. If only that had been 2 bugs and a bomb whew.

Lyrian

Just had a 8 round fight in Henna Mines. 3 bonus battles 1 bug 2 bombs. 13kish was mote amount. If only that had been 2 bugs and a bomb whew.

.... and the story just writes itself.

Yup, nothing to see here, folks.

Very nice, though. I'm happy at seeing a single 6 round run once a day at this point.

cw_sasuke

That team won't survive very long in trials.

No WoL or Cecil? Refia? Y'shtola? Minfilia?

For chaining you are good with the 2x Setzer.

My chainers are only 2x Orlandeau and I chain them by just choosing "Divine Ruination" for both and tapping both quickly so both attacks hit around the same exact time.

You'll be doing something similar.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...b5v/setzer_max_chaining_potential_withsetzer/

Heh this isnt necessary a team i will use for every trails - those were just the units i leveled this weekend :)

I have WoL, Refia, Rikku, Ling etc. for "standard" teams - but i saw this video by Valentus earlier this week and got interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vILiY3FP9Vo

Thanks for the tapping advice...im gonna give it a try once i know what weapons to use.

I

Didnt even know 3 bonus rounds were possible...lol.

cw_sasuke

Yeah, I didn't either. I had a 7 yesterday with 1 of each. I guess some others on Reddit had the 8 as well, one guy had 2 bugs and a bomb. The dream right there.

Hah...i will start farming this event tomorrow once Cactuars are over - thanks now i will feel worse when no Bonus enemies show up considering whats possible.

Ignorance is a bliss lol

Hah...i will start farming this event tomorrow once Cactuars are over - thanks now i will feel worse when no Bonus enemies show up considering whats possible.

Ignorance is a bliss lol
Do we have a word for stuff that can only happen with dat hippo-sauce?

mr.beers

So I have a nasty bug here. I had reinstalled the game recently and played through the tutorial and before I get to Siren's Tower I lose the ability to go back to the main menu, can't use spells, the limit break bar doesn't increase, my characters go to 1hp and never die. So I do some googling and only thing to be done is talk to support which can take days or uninstall/reinstall so I do that that goes well. I play the game and finish off Siren and stop playing for the night. I start to play today and I'm back in sirens tower and all the things listed above happen again :( why does this keep happening. I'm playing on iOS with an account that's not linked to facebook.

Syntsui

So I have a nasty bug here. I had reinstalled the game recently and played through the tutorial and before I get to Siren's Tower I lose the ability to go back to the main menu, can't use spells, the limit break bar doesn't increase, my characters go to 1hp and never die. So I do some googling and only thing to be done is talk to support which can take days or uninstall/reinstall so I do that that goes well. I play the game and finish off Siren and stop playing for the night. I start to play today and I'm back in sirens tower and all the things listed above happen again :( why does this keep happening. I'm playing on iOS with an account that's not linked to facebook.
Link your account and reinstall.

Syntsui

I would really hate to reinstall again and play the tutorial for a third time for it to possibly occur again. Apparently this bug/glitch has been around since launch. I'll try again and I will hate it.

You won't play the tutorial again if you link your account.

tuffymon

You won't play the tutorial again if you link your account.

Mines linked and LOOONNGGG ago now >.>; I made a post about having to do the airship battle again, and people were like sweet free 1 energy fight for tm progress..., but not to the extent that he's having issues

Sup folks. Have I mentioned i Love this game?! Anyway, Finally got my first Champions Belt, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that pans out for some of my folk.

Alkez

I've been thinking about something recently: Should the game give us the option to take a 6th unit instead of a friend companion? You wouldn't lose the ability to take a friend companion ofc, it would just be an option on the select companion screen.

I was thinking about potential teams with 2 Ashe, but all of them would require me to either take a friend Ashe or someone in the other roles, both of which few people will be sharing unless I specifically ask for them. But when I have all the units I want (apart from 2 Ashe because double yellow banner yay) and I can build them the way I would like to, it makes the friend unit more of a hindrance then a benefit. Just an idea. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement it on the coding side.

tuffymon

I've been thinking about something recently: Should the game give us the option to take a 6th unit instead of a friend companion? You wouldn't lose the ability to take a friend companion ofc, it would just be an option on the select companion screen.

I was thinking about potential teams with 2 Ashe, but all of them would require me to either take a friend Ashe or someone in the other roles, both of which few people will be sharing unless I specifically ask for them. But when I have all the units I want (apart from 2 Ashe because double yellow banner yay) and I can build them the way I would like to, it makes the friend unit more of a hindrance then a benefit. Just an idea. I don't know how difficult it would be to implement it on the coding side.

All depends on how things are setup, and tbh, I don't think it'd take a huge leap in code to make it happen. Maybe we should make a post of QoL adjustments and see if any happen? I know locking gear and more than 5 groups would be on my "want" list though...

jnWake

Yesterday I got the 11 pull to end all 11 pulls:

5 golds. All off-banner.

Not happy with that, I got Hope.

And Bedile.

Yeah.

Also, I'm yet to get a rainbow in an 11 pull. I think I've done 7-8 since I started playing.

tuffymon

Yesterday I got the 11 pull to end all 11 pulls:

5 golds. All off-banner.

Not happy with that, I got Hope.

And Bedile.

Yeah.

Also, I'm yet to get a rainbow in an 11 pull. I think I've done 7-8 since I started playing.

Overall the pull sucks, but it's not the worst, you got several solid Tm's there at least... course I'm sure that's not what you care about.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thinking about it, in the next week or two, we should be getting like 40% of Moggles.

My Frey thanks Gumi for this offering

Muku

Actually, speaking of Moogles, what Trust is everyone currently working on? Or Trusts maybe in some folks case?

Right now working on getting Genji Glove from my Gilgamesh I got from the guaranteed 5* pull. Got 'em to like 70 something % right now.

On alt ... working on Ace's Trust. End of last week got Dual Wield for TT, so now working on Ace's for her. Like 20% or so in. (That includes Moogle from this Mog King event.) Not sure what to work on afterward, but will look at that when time comes. Got a while to go.

NomarTyme

Actually, speaking of Moogles, what Trust is everyone currently working on? Or Trusts maybe in some folks case?

Right now working on getting Genji Glove from my Gilgamesh I got from the guaranteed 5* pull. Got 'em to like 70 something % right now.

On alt ... working on Ace's Trust. End of last week got Dual Wield for TT, so now working on Ace's for her. Like 20% or so in. (That includes Moogle from this Mog King event.) Not sure what to work on afterward, but will look at that when time comes. Got a while to go.

Letter and Arms, Rikku's Pouch, and Dual Water sword.

My current TM farm team is, Tidus (135 attack water sword), Queen (HP 20% attack 30% ability), Delita (118 attack dark sword), Fohlen (28 attack 60 defense 100% resist disease and petrify helm), and Rasler (HP 30% def 20% light resist 30% helm).

So a little attack, a little defense TMs. I mainly want the Delita sword for Tidus' when against dark weak enemies or water immune ones.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Mostly the same TMs as before.

Finished up Aileen's on Thursday.

Fryevia is at 43.3%, but every moggle will be going to her. So she should be done within the next week or two.

Snow is at 94.2%, he'll be done the week after the Mog King/Story

Have two Rikku's in the Over for 28 and 5%, so once Snow is done. A Third takes the next place for one Poach.

And then a sole C.Art is next.

I feel like once Rikku's Poach is done, I'll switch over to sets of 5 for 1. Aqua Blade, Horizon Breaker, Rom Pistol, Bracer, and Bowie Knife. Just to clear room. Typically once I get 5, I seem to get a bunch more. Since each one will only take a few days.

I may do Seven's after, I want more Immunity items. When you all were farming your attack items, I already farmed most of the Defensive TMs. So I'm pretty set there. LOL

robotuw

I'm halfway through an Equip Staff, Mateus' Malice #2, Arsha's Talisman #1 and #2, and Dual Wield #4. After that it'll probably be 3 Raslers and 2 Queens.

Randomly spent a ticket. New stash down to (19) with 1 being a 4* ticket.

Pulled Ashe. Wish her TM was HP and MAG.

Would love Rasler's TM though. Would put right on my WoL to replace his HP+15%.

Visceir

Getting 1% moogles from S-rank missions is a very nice bonus tbh. I've decided it's worth having one of the four slots be used for 24h missions.

Just finished Rikku, 3 Queen, and Tidus. Now working on 3 Rasler, Fohlen and another LnA. Still have 260% worth of moogles that I am refusing to use until something comes that truly is gamebreaking. Everything for me at this point is minimal upgrades if that.

Top Bottom