• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Lyrian

Did you saw the new leak? https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/720lf6/orlandeau_rate_up_planned_for_next_week_928/
"Summon one of the BEST attacker now!" sounds like the leak is from the marketing team again.

More interestingly, seems like we're getting a new FF IV event "four fiends?"
Starting to doubt the leak since Gumi said FF XV right after FF XI at the fan festa.

Golbez 6* plz

Hrmm....

popcorn.gif

If the leak is true, this is beautifully devious.

Instead of past precedent, where everyone is expecting the "bait" banner before the JP chase unit, Gumi would be using reverse psychology here.

In this case, two bad banners back to back are present to get everyone hungry for a "real" banner. So, here comes the JP chase unit. Everyone goes "all in", as expected.

Then, SURPRISE! Everyone finds out that the Ayaka banner WAS the "bait" banner, with a whole set of Global Exclusives directly behind it when everyone is completely broke from chasing Ayaka.

Oh, I can absolutely see this happening. If true, well damn played, Gumi. And yeah, 6* Golbez would be a given, easily.

Though.... which of the 4 fiends would be the rainbow?

EDIT: Scratch that, from the leak thread:
Reddit said:
Slide shows Barbariccia is the 5, Rubicante/Cagnazzo are the 4, and Scmargilione is the 3. To be announced at NY Fan Fest.

Prototype

Hrmm....

popcorn.gif

If the leak is true, this is beautifully devious.

Instead of past precedent, where everyone is expecting the "bait" banner before the JP chase unit, Gumi would be using reverse psychology here.

In this case, two bad banners back to back are present to get everyone hungry for a "real" banner. So, here comes the JP chase unit. Everyone goes "all in", as expected.

Then, SURPRISE! Everyone finds out that the Ayaka banner WAS the "bait" banner, with a whole set of Global Exclusives directly behind it when everyone is completely broke from chasing Ayaka.

Oh, I can absolutely see this happening. If true, well damn played, Gumi. And yeah, 6* Golbez would be a given, easily.

Though.... which of the 4 fiends would be the rainbow?

EDIT: Scratch that, from the leak thread:

Rubicante not more powerful than Barbara is not OK with me.

Muku

Where did ya get a 5* ticket on JP? Was it a mail item? I don't recall getting a free one! That's pretty sweet

I have no idea to be honest. I'm assuming it's a 10+1? I could be wrong, going on memory right now. But I've had it a while from what I recall. :x

With my 4* tickets I've gotten a bunch of the Gold dude. Only ones missing from SO even now though are the 5*s. I only want Fayt. I only need Fayt. I'm doing this wrong, aren't I?

Shouta

JP Info:

New Story
3-star Lakshmi and Titan
Updated version of Parade of the Possessed, I think?

2nd anniversary Thank You campaign starts on 10/1

Adding short stories for all the main characters in S2 that takes place between S1 and S2 - Completing these short stories will unlock abilities for the S2/CG versions of the characters. Even if you don't own them now, if you complete and get them later, they'll have those abilities will be unlocked right away.

Special campaigns are all of the usual stuff including another month of summons.

Story event will be happening for FFBE since it's the anniversary of the game.

Hirono said to wait a little longer on Squall.

That's it for now. They're talking about the fan festival in JP right now.

Folks that visit the JP fan festival will get a special Rain unit as a present. Everyone will get him at some point and he won't be in the gatcha. His LB is summoning all his friends to attack via Rainbow crystals. It's SUPER sick looking.

Muku

Okay, so I guess I misinterpreted the ticket. I used it and got bikini Lid. WTF. But then I realized, is that the ticket from the Step system to get Sephiroth? I guess there was a 10% to get a 5* with it? Either way a blue with it was disappointing.

I used my last 4* ticket and got the on banner Gold guy. Again.

Down to 6k Lapis. Did a hail mary pull.

1. Gold on banner guy again
2. Blue on banner guy
3. Rainbow -> Shera ... is this CG Shera or something?
4. Rainbow -> Fayt!!! OMG YES!
5. Cecil
6. Orran
7. Veritas of the Heavens
8. Anzelm
9. Shantotto
10. Blue on banner guy again
11. Cyan

About died when I saw two Rainbows, back-to-back. First was disappointing but gave me hope in next one which was not a disappointment. Time to save again.

jnWake

Four Fiends leak is hype. If GL has the power to bring surprising banners as good as that one then my interest will rise a lot since the JP future is lame IMO.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If the leaks are true, WWF is going be pretty great. Basically combing Buttz, Rem, and a Cleanse in one move. 25% Mana Recover. And Divine Burst is the first to use SPR as MAG it seems, with a 250% damage to undead

tuffymon

Pushed A2's attack even further, that Prishe Hat tm <3 mmm mmm... all I have left is for Werei to finish and that's as much as I can alter her~

FF Fans are so laughable man.

It was literally doomsday in here for days on end and then bam it's almost been reversed. Just took a good hacking

Syntsui

I call bullshit on these leaks, there was a hack and someone took advantage of that to play with the community. Ayaka banner is next week and this will be over.

Kouriozan

Another leak : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...lorraine_is_planned_to_take_noctiss_place_on/
Pic : https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/361366380303351808/361374655422136320/image.png
The things to notice are:

Noctis (Upgraded)
Claudius (Gladiolus)
Cole (Cor)
Ilis (Iris)
Followed by:

Lorraine (RIP Balthier)
Aura
Grom

Summonable Lorraine is HUGE
Confirm the Four Fiends and Noctis buff on second FF XV banner.

Look at comments below for more stuff like Halloween awakenings and stronger Emperor enhancements (still no Ramza)

Vashetti

Banned
doWqV7d.png

4E32yXi.png

Kouriozan

Shadow was on permanent rate up, wtf, riot!!
Edit : oh nevermind, this was known, should have leaked when 3% rainbows will happen or 4* rates.

EDIT 2 : So Eve WAS supposed to be in raid gacha, hmmm.

Kouriozan

Did you guys ask for more Arianna? No?

Too bad!

If you want to see more, join Reddit's discord channel, there is TONS of stuff they won't share on the board, like Cloud end of November.
Ok I'll stop now about the whole leak thing, last post about it but I'll share a last one, upcoming GL collab :
Valkyrie Profile in 2018!
Feel like I'm over excited about it, sorry :x

Doctor_No

Another leak : https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...lorraine_is_planned_to_take_noctiss_place_on/
Pic : https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/361366380303351808/361374655422136320/image.png

Summonable Lorraine is HUGE
Confirm the Four Fiends and Noctis buff on second FF XV banner.

Look at comments below for more stuff like Halloween awakenings and stronger Emperor enhancements (still no Ramza)

I can't help but feel these leaks were intentional. Generally very positive info.

Four Fiends is huge for me. Definitely something I would pull for if units are good. The fact they are putting in more bad guys makes me happy, especially more minor and non-human ones. Personally I would prefer Rubicante to be 5* over Barbariccia. Given there is also loli Rydia and helmetless Kain, someone in Gumi really must love FF4.

Also, Cloud seems to have been pushed all the way back to the end of Season 1, with Duke/Mistair * Gladiolus, who were S2, being pushed up to S1. Gumi may be planning of making Cloud banner much like Niers.

But Nyx banner seems to be ahead of Veritas of Light banner, so there seems to already be a change in scheduling from what they have in the power point.

JP Info:

New Story
3-star Lakshmi and Titan
Updated version of Parade of the Possessed, I think?

2nd anniversary Thank You campaign starts on 10/1

Adding short stories for all the main characters in S2 that takes place between S1 and S2 - Completing these short stories will unlock abilities for the S2/CG versions of the characters. Even if you don't own them now, if you complete and get them later, they'll have those abilities will be unlocked right away.

Special campaigns are all of the usual stuff including another month of summons.

Story event will be happening for FFBE since it's the anniversary of the game.

Hirono said to wait a little longer on Squall.

That's it for now. They're talking about the fan festival in JP right now.

Folks that visit the JP fan festival will get a special Rain unit as a present. Everyone will get him at some point and he won't be in the gatcha. His LB is summoning all his friends to attack via Rainbow crystals. It's SUPER sick looking.

Oh man I'm a bit stoked for the JP anniversary. If it's anything like golden week, a bounty is in store. New Rain unit sounds great!

Pulled a Desche today. Olive is going to love his TM.

About those leaks. I’m guessing no Ramza Enhancements this year? Total bullshit if true, this guy is from October 2016. On top of that Eve was supposed to be in the Raid Gacha and they DID put him in summon pool just to fuck their player base

Way to ruin my last 24-hours Gumi.

Edit - Those leaks don’t mention any enhancements, do they?

Only the October ones.

Ugh, so it’s definitely no earlier than November for Ramza...

This is getting out of hand now. He’s going to be outdated when they release his enhancement or very shortly after.

I’ve been thinking of how much he would help my team ever since I got him. I hate seeing him riding the bench. He was my first base 5*.

Lyrian

Wow, leaks everywhere.

BaghdadBob.jpg

Those Halloween unit enhancements though.... complete unit rehauls. I'm not going to embarrassed to own a VLC Fina anymore, especially after:

Witchhood +2:
+50% SPR + 30% MP + 50% Camo + ADDITIONAL 100% SPR when single wielding.

Oh, and for those with Demon Rain, RIP Wilheim.
Enhanced WoL's 3 turn guaranteed taunt PLUS 50% all damage mitigation.[/U][/B]

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Wow, leaks everywhere.

BaghhadBob.jpg

Those Halloween unit enhancements though.... complete unit rehauls. I'm not going to embarrassed to own a VLC Fina anymore, especially after:

Witchhood +2:

It's her final movie too. Using SPR and MAG, alongside the 250% Undead Damage. It maybe the strongest finisher in the game when it's all said and done.

Doctor_No

Wow, leaks everywhere.

BaghdadBob.jpg

Witchhood +2:

Oh, and for those with Demon Rain, RIP Wilheim.
Enhanced WoL's 3 turn guaranteed taunt PLUS 50% all damage mitigation.[/U][/B]

I'm looking forward to the Halloween event. Some themed-variant of Jake, Nichol, and Sakura. So I'm guessing the previous year's banner won't return?

Also, Demon Rain post enhancment just became an absolute beast. 100% provoke now actual damage output on counter. Now I actually have huge regrets not hard pulling for him, and settling for a single Dracu Lasswell.

But Dracu Lasswell enhancements are also solid. -75% Ice Imperil would go great with Fry but I wish he also breaked DEF/SPR instead of ATK/MAG in the same attack, he would have been the perfect companion for Fry. Also, 100% chance to inflict disease is also welcome.

Azuran

Banned
I'm looking forward to the Halloween event. Some themed-variant of Jake, Nichol, and Sakura. So I'm guessing the previous year's banner won't return?

Also, Demon Rain post enhancment just became an absolute beast. 100% provoke now actual damage output on counter. Now I actually have huge regrets not hard pulling for him, and settling for a single Dracu Lasswell.

But Dracu Lasswell enhancements are also solid. -75% Ice Imperil would go great with Fry but I wish he also breaked DEF/SPR instead of ATK/MAG in the same attack, he would have been the perfect companion for Fry. Also, 100% chance to inflict disease is also welcome.

There's two weeks of Halloween banners. Looks like last years units are coming back on the second week.

First week is only Sakura, Nichol, and Jake.

Kouriozan

Yeah Demon Rain will be almost too good, kinda crazy.
S2 Lasswell is going to be January so looks like S2 Sakura + 3% rainbow is still 5 months away, if Gumi don't release it before.

Lyrian

So much info to dig into, I can dive into this stuff for days.

The leaked event schedule states that is going to be 2 Halloween banners. New units on Week 1, last year units in Week 2.

Hrmm... at that Bahamut Killer banner (featuring enhanced Reberta + Zyrus) + Bahamut + Blood Moon, all on Halloween week.

So.... big question in the very short-term (not relevant to the vets here), how many people are going to chase Ling's "surprise" return on this coming week's banner?

wilstreak

So much info to dig into, I can dive into this stuff for days.

So.... big question in the very short-term (not relevant to the vets here), how many people are going to chase Ling's "surprise" return on this coming week's banner?

By surprise, do you also means Ling's enhancement or just returning in banner?

Guess who's one of the few people with Demon Rain? This guy!

Regarding my Malboro attempts. Its 5 am, i get big mal to 3%, rest are at 11 and 13%. Instead of using rikku's LB i attacked with her. Immediately reset the fight but it didnt take. Came back up with rikku attacking. Fucking rip. Over this. First time in a long time this game has pissed me off and has turned me away from the game. This trial is bullshit. Hope who ever designed this gets some bad fucking karma. I will wait for the magic resist tanks and come back to this.

Lyrian

By surprise, do you also means Ling's enhancement or just returning in banner?

Banner for now, although surely enhancements are coming soon (enhancement patch dates are given, but not who is being enhanced on those dates.

Banner for this coming week is : Orlandu, Ling, Mercedes, Luka, Exdeath. Ling is back, but it's going be like pulling for Tilith, because it's a TRIPLE gold unit banner, which makes all but rainbow-tier rare to pull.

I wonder if Gumi will do these things in a different order or not do some of it at all in order to make the leaks seem fake.

I'm in the "plausible" category on this. There is far, far too much information present that all agree with each other. Plus, internal corporate reports tend to look like this. Could be fake, but I haven't seen any true red flags that make me doubt the integrity of the data... yet.

Lyrian

Interesting that there will be no intermission between Seasons 1 and 2 for Global.

That Black Friday weekend though... Good god.

If I'm reading/compiling this right between all the documents, then that weekend contains:
-- Start of Ariana-3 event
-- Week 2 FF14-3 raid
-- Season 2, Chapter 1-1 release
-- Bloody Moon Trial release
-- Third 12-Weapons Trial (Elnath) release
-- Lorraine banner (normal, not EX points)

And of course.... bundles.

With "Upgraded" Noctis being the leading to all of this, through Thanksgiving Day in the US.

Good to see the guaranteed 5* pull is back for Christmas/New Years Day.

vato_loco

I'm still not grasping the language of the game, so what these leaks mean is beyond me, but I guess it's good news? And that I should definitely save my lapis until... uh... some point in time?

Also I love how my free pull almost always gets me a (n albeit pretty useless) 4* and my 250 lapis pull gets me some 3* trash. Today I got a free 4* Veritas of the Heavens, so I have the two most useless Veritas now: Heavens and Water.

NeoCross

Triple gold banner holy christ almighty. I don’t have Ling so I wanna pull for her but for fucks sake the gold banner rate is already trash as is then gumi pulls this kind of shit.

Doctor_No

Here's the current schedule btw (source FFBE Reddit's discord)

Nice format until the end of December :https://i.imgur.com/NcJEnE2.png

Up until S2 Sakura (~February 2018) : https://i.imgur.com/2njJ1Zp.jpg

Click at you own risk if you want to be surprised or not.

October is really tempting. Ayaka is a must (though we know that if you can wait 4 months you could wait for S2 Sakura), and those FF4 four fiends sounds really amazing. Then two Halloween banners, with a hugely enhanced Demon Rain; though I'm scared to hard pull and get another Dracu Lasswell. Grim Lord Sakura sounds really nice though (glad its not a double rainbow banner).

That's a lot of temptation.

Hopefully they upgrade the sprites, Halloween was GL's first exclusive, and that first banner was much lower quality then future GL exclusives. Hopefully they upgrade base stats and skills for Dracu Lasswell and Demon Rain, they are currently so behind the curve its not even funny.

Lyrian

And this was supposed to be week that put a nail in the coffin of the game for good

LMAO

QFT.

Found the financials, but not to bore everyone here..

Let's put it this way.

Gumi had set very lofty expectations for the Dark Veritas banner, as that was a known chase unit. On Day 1, alone, the target was nearly $1 million USD. That target was beaten by ~85%. The one week alone pulled in well over $3 million USD.

And then the next day, the Nier banner hit.

tiduslaughing.gif

Dark Veritas banner? That was the change that fell into the cracks of my sofa, in comparison.

This game isn't going anywhere in the medium term. It's blowing every metric set for it out of the water by wide margins.

So what's the excuse now?

I'm constantly told that JPN gets so much freebies because people spend a lot of money. It looks like Global players do as well if they are surpassing expectations by more than 80%.

Top Bottom