• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

LucaMac

I just checked JP and they did take it down again. What a mess, lol. They'll be compensating later it seems.

I did get the rod from the bundle enhancements though. 12% MAG & HP which isn't bad at all.
Im annoyed because I got Dualcast on floor one for the same rod. Used up my five orbs and got attack 15% and spirit 5% on it then the event dissapeared again...got to keep the enhancements but Id five floors left...could have got something very solid...

Shouta

Im annoyed because I got Dualcast on floor one for the same rod. Used up my five orbs and got attack 15% and spirit 5% on it then the event dissapeared again...got to keep the enhancements but Id five floors left...could have got something very solid...

Damn, that sucks. At least that will be useful for a hybrid character a little bit. 15% attack is super rare.

I wish I got to see a rare one. Most I've gotten is 12% ;_;

Alkez

Decided I wanted to do some calcs on evade LV and see how they compare to other chain finishers in GL.

Light Veritas with fixed dice and full evade gear, after 100% imperil

GhahcLHl.png

Olive's True Shot after 50% lightning imperil

T6ErcfNl.png

Luneth's enhanced Cut Through, after enhanced Advance, and 50% imperil

hWXiQayl.png

LV's damage is quite comparable to Olive's in her current state. But Olive needs to spend 1 turn to imperial and so only gets this damage for 2 turns out of 3, as opposed to LVs 3 turns out of 4.

Luneth is in a league of his own, though the average damage is halfed as he must set up Advance the turn before. He also need someone else to imperil to get this damage so this doesn't work as well with the Nier units.

The other thing the Luneth calc does not factor in is the extra 50% damage from the chain itself due to the increased imperil.

I think the numbers support the theory, but only testing will tell how viable it truly is. The fact that a handicapped LV is competing with these units is a good sign though.

Decided I wanted to do some calcs on evade LV and see how they compare to other chain finishers in GL.

GhahcLHl.png

T6ErcfNl.png

hWXiQayl.png

LV's damage is quite comparable to Olive's in her current state. But Olive needs to spend 1 turn to imperial and so only gets this damage for 2 turns out of 3, as opposed to LVs 3 turns out of 4.

Luneth is in a league of his own, though the average damage is halfed as he must set up Advance the turn before. He also need someone else to imperil to get this damage so this doesn't work as well with the Nier units.

The other thing the Luneth calc does not factor in is the extra 50% damage from the chain itself due to the increased imperil.

I think the numbers support the theory, but only testing will tell how viable it truly is. The fact that a handicapped LV is competing with these units is a good sign though.

So we have LV and iNichol. What would the rest of the squad consist of? What's amazing about this is the fact that you can rotate two phys dps or two mag dps of your own and still have room for a 5th unit of your own and a 6th as the friend unit. When Mistair arrives I think this will become even more insane because if mistair can be built to have 80-100% dodge and still be a magic tank then what will you have to fear? iNichol has changed the game here. Going to add more to this post, trying to whoop bahamuts ass.

Pejo

GhahcLHl.png

T6ErcfNl.png

hWXiQayl.png

Impressive. I like how she fits into my team pretty easily too, since I use Orlandu and DV with Excaliburs.

Zera - how are you fighting bahamut already?

Shouta

How difficult is Bahamut?

I saw a Zyrus strategy that basically 1-shots him but you need a fair amount of equipment and a specific setup to do, I think?

I did it in JP back before I got a lot of good units so as I recall, I had Randi, Firion, Warrior of Light, Luka, and a Friend Ramza. All were enhanced and I took it slow for the most part. Randi and Firion have a huge amount of Dragon Killer on them so they were my main source of damage.

It should be doable if you have the right team, even if you can't 1-shot it.

fionel

I saw a Zyrus strategy that basically 1-shots him but you need a fair amount of equipment and a specific setup to do, I think?

I did it in JP back before I got a lot of good units so as I recall, I had Randi, Firion, Warrior of Light, Luka, and a Friend Ramza. All were enhanced and I took it slow for the most part. Randi and Firion have a huge amount of Dragon Killer on them so they were my main source of damage.

It should be doable if you have the right team, even if you can't 1-shot it.

ahh, the good old days when the likes of Firion and Luka were actually useful! Loved it when niche units were not completely overshadowed by the almight 5* bases! :)

I remember having a lot of troubles with its megaflare b/c magic tanks didn't exist back then. I had to sacrifice my hard earned red crysts on Ramza to make enhance his mind break to +2. That -60% mag break was what made me survive the megaflares.

Shouta

ahh, the good old days when the likes of Firion and Luka were actually useful! Loved it when niche units were not completely overshadowed by the almight 5* bases! :)

I remember having a lot of troubles with its megaflare b/c magic tanks didn't exist back then. I had to sacrifice my hard earned red crysts on Ramza to make enhance his mind break to +2. That -60% mag break was what made me survive the megaflares.

Yeah, no magic tanks was rough and you definitely had to rely on breaks to mitigate that damage. I sorta miss those days in some regards, not so much in others, lol.

I really hope they figure out a system for the Base 4-star and even the Base-3 star units to get a 7-star form. There's a lot of characters there and they need some level like the FF6 cast. It still pisses me off they haven't made them more usable. =(

Menchi

I wonder if they’ll ever eventually phase 3* base into a form of FP summoning, or at least the lower end ones such as Rakshas, Duane etc. They seem to be virtually useless, even compared to some FP units that have useful TMs.

I know they’re essentially meant to dilute the Gacha pool, but surely at some point it’s beyond ridiculous having people spend money and pulling things worse than a free unit.

Alkez

So we have LV and iNichol. What would the rest of the squad consist of? What's amazing about this is the fact that you can rotate two phys dps or two mag dps of your own and still have room for a 5th unit of your own and a 6th as the friend unit. When Mistair arrives I think this will become even more insane because if mistair can be built to have 80-100% dodge and still be a magic tank then what will you have to fear? iNichol has changed the game here. Going to add more to this post, trying to whoop bahamuts ass.

Did you manage to beat Bahumut? I think I'm going to wait until the encounter rate bug is fixed. I may take on the Chamber of Arms today if I can get enough gil for some enhancements I want to do.

So for me the team is going to be LV, Nichol, Soleil still because the buffs are too strong right now + free debuffs, 2 chainers (2b for me or lolita Sakura most likely), and then the last slot will be a flex role. Could either be a 3rd chainer, elemental reisistance buffer etc etc. Really I would like it to be a magic tank but as you say got to wait until Mistair (or a GL exclusive).

So after I read this I had a look into it, but there's barely any magic evasion gear, even at this point in JP. I guess I'll best hope is just stacking our magic tank with as much SPR as possible.

iNichol has definitely changed the game in ways I didn't even think were possible. Having someone provide passives heals, mp, and perfect physical tanking is so crazy. I'm sure Gumi will have some tricks coming up to stop it but for now it seems like the strongest strategy.

Did you manage to beat Bahumut? I think I'm going to wait until the encounter rate bug is fixed. I may take on the Chamber of Arms today if I can get enough gil for some enhancements I want to do.

So for me the team is going to be LV, Nichol, Soleil still because the buffs are too strong right now + free debuffs, 2 chainers (2b for me or lolita Sakura most likely), and then the last slot will be a flex role. Could either be a 3rd chainer, elemental reisistance buffer etc etc. Really I would like it to be a magic tank but as you say got to wait until Mistair (or a GL exclusive).

So after I read this I had a look into it, but there's barely any magic evasion gear, even at this point in JP. I guess I'll best hope is just stacking our magic tank with as much SPR as possible.

iNichol has definitely changed the game in ways I didn't even think were possible. Having someone provide passives heals, mp, and perfect physical tanking is so crazy. I'm sure Gumi will have some tricks coming up to stop it but for now it seems like the strongest strategy.

Yeah bahamut is dead. My TT and a friend TT destroyed him on turn 3. Bahamut is all about either surviving turn 1 or burning him down at turn one. Its the first time i ever really used soliel and shes amazing. Need to finish up her enhancements though. I actually used bahamut last night to get the esper kill for sheratan as i missed it before.

A2 is another honorable mention for the iNichol party as ive read she can reach 1k atk and still have 100% dodge. If i had 2 A2 id go that route. I cant wait for us to explore this more and see what we can make of it.

Pejo, bahamut was released after maint this week.

Pejo

Did one 10 pull for a shot at DRain, got a whole lot of nothing. Ah well, that's all these banners are getting out of me.

Shouta

So there's a bit of clarification about Super Trust Masters out now, it seems.

It looks like it was changed in response to the system so it takes 4 dupes in total now with further bonuses. You also don't need to get the TMR for that unit before getting a STMR which means you might get it before the regular TMR, lol.

1st dupe to get the 7-star form.
2nd dupe (5--7 stars) to get 50% STMR with an additional 50% moogle for free.
3rd dupe (5-7 stars) gets you the STMR reward

That's actually not too bad all things considered now. It's still a lot of dupes but it's way more rewards for it now. If a F2P manages to get lucky (?) and picks up 3 of the same unit, then they'll actually grow their power curve faster as they'll be able to pick up TMRs quicker. Very interesting change, I think.

So there's a bit of clarification about Super Trust Masters out now, it seems.

It looks like it was changed in response to the system so it takes 4 dupes in total now with further bonuses. You also don't need to get the TMR for that unit before getting a STMR which means you might get it before the regular TMR, lol.

1st dupe to get the 7-star form.
2nd dupe (5--7 stars) to get 50% STMR with an additional 50% moogle for free.
3rd dupe (5-7 stars) gets you the STMR reward

That's actually not too bad all things considered now. It's still a lot of dupes but it's way more rewards for it now. If a F2P manages to get lucky (?) and picks up 3 of the same unit, then they'll actually grow their power curve faster as they'll be able to pick up TMRs quicker. Very interesting change, I think.

Well, as it stands right now the only units I can get to 7* would be lightning (3), Orlandu (4), Gilgamesh (2), Grim Lord Sakura (2), Ramza (3), Zaargabable (2) . I will NEVER see myself fucking one of my GLS unless there's another unit who can chain with her perfectly. I get this is a very, very long time away and hell for all I know she can probably be replaced but requiring another dupe of an already hard to pull let alone LIMITED unit is insane. Shit if I had 2 A2's or 2B's I'd never think of fusing them.

Shouta

Well, as it stands right now the only units I can get to 7* would be lightning (3), Orlandu (4), Gilgamesh (2), Grim Lord Sakura (2), Ramza (3), Zaargabable (2) . I will NEVER see myself fucking one of my GLS unless there's another unit who can chain with her perfectly. I get this is a very, very long time away and hell for all I know she can probably be replaced but requiring another dupe of an already hard to pull let alone LIMITED unit is insane. Shit if I had 2 A2's or 2B's I'd never think of fusing them.

Well, the 3% change isn't in GL yet and neither is Step-Up or 5* X% tickets as well. So things might look a little better down the line. I definitely agree I wouldn't 7-star any limited units unless I had 3+ of them or they had a partner to chain with. I have 3 Randis so if he ever gets a 7-star, I think he'll fuse him and use the other as his chaining buddy, lol.

As an overall system, it's pretty garbage still but considering the the previous it's a fair bit more tolerable. The tangible benefits you gain from are kinda nice as well.

Also, Orlandu is like the best unit to have 4 of because he chains with like everyone. =o You're set for 7-star and STMR! =D

Muku

Is JP down again?

I wonder what comp we'll be getting. I woke up and was like... "Wait what? Are we down for Emergency Maint again?! ;_;"

Is it the weapon enhancement that is killing it? Either way, I guess we're beta testing for GL. :x

Shouta

I wonder what comp we'll be getting. I woke up and was like... "Wait what? Are we down for Emergency Maint again?! ;_;"

Is it the weapon enhancement that is killing it? Either way, I guess we're beta testing for GL. :x

We're getting a lot actually, lol.

10 Summoning Tickets
3 4★ Summoning Tickets
5 1% Trust Moogle
1 5% Trust Moogle
1 10% Trust Moogle
1000 Lapis

Alkez

10 Summoning Tickets
3 4★ Summoning Tickets
5 1% Trust Moogle
1 5% Trust Moogle
1 10% Trust Moogle
1000 Lapis

It feels like we've ended up getting more rewards from compensation this month than we have from the anniversary itself lol.

Shouta

It feels like we've ended up getting more rewards from compensation this month than we have from the anniversary itself lol.

Not quite yet but it's getting there! They're giving us 5 5-stars (2 coming later) for free with the anniversary and 2 10+1s. It's been like 30+ tickets considering the event resets and this upcoming compensation.

In any case, this month has been super nice for JP players because everything has been a mess.

Muku

10 Summoning Tickets
3 4★ Summoning Tickets
5 1% Trust Moogle
1 5% Trust Moogle
1 10% Trust Moogle
1000 Lapis

Daaaaamn. I'll take it! It being down so much hasn't been all that bad really. Just a little confusing. Feel like it's down more than up. ;) I'm thinking maybe we need more emergency maint!! Haha.

Zyrus just ate Bahamut for lunch.

Shouta

Daaaaamn. I'll take it! It being down so much hasn't been all that bad really. Just a little confusing. Feel like it's down more than up. ;) I'm thinking maybe we need more emergency maint!! Haha.

Zyrus just ate Bahamut for lunch.

They had to cancel it twice basically and had to deal with people losing gear. There's also the game downtime as well. So it's not a surprise they gave this much. JP players base can get really into an uproar if you fuck up like this in addition to the standard viewpoints on service over there.

Holy shit! Is that real or a joke?

It's real. They already distributed all the compensation this morning.

Shouta

Damn, that's an insane amount of compensation. Heh, Global would never get all that. Kinda makes me want to play JP instead.

Yeah, the unfortunate issue is that GL isn't in a unified market. It's multiple languages in a variety of places. That makes it harder for audiences to have a huge influence on the game as the expectations will vary from place to place and even within that place.

JP is little lucky in that respect as their market is big enough to sustain the game with just them. Their users all have similar expectations and their competition is incredibly fierce. They have to respond more than expected as a result.

The nice thing is that GL is still run by the JP bosses of the game. So they still give a pretty solid amount of rewards and compensations unlike other titles. The only thing is that GL has to deal with the Gumi that handles foreign language versions and them fucking up, ooof.

That's like a $42.99 holiday bundle on Global, lol.

Yeah....they'd probably charge more though...

fionel

Threw 28 tickets at the Sakura/sephiroth banner and ended up with a dupe jiraiya and cloud. While I've always wanted a cloud I'm frustrated that those 2 on banner units just keep eluding me.

Got 11 tix left. Gotta save them for squall.

Shouta

Threw 28 tickets at the Sakura/sephiroth banner and ended up with a dupe jiraiya and cloud. While I've always wanted a cloud I'm frustrated that those 2 on banner units just keep eluding me.

Got 11 tix left. Gotta save them for squall.

Did you have any Lapis saved? I think they're doing a step-up for Squall which might be the real prize.

fionel

Yeah I got close to 14k lapis and have been withholding myself from buying the ticket bundle all bc of the step-up. I hope it will be like reagans otherwise won't be able to afford it haha

Shouta

Yeah, I hope it's the Raegen version and not the Sephiroth one, lol. Raegen was much easier on the Lapis and still gave us a great chance at him.

Prototype

Tried joining ResetEra but I’ve been logged into GAF for so long and the few times I’ve needed the password my phone had, I honestly have no idea how’d I’d even ever log in. Or what email I used lol. After my last ban here i only ever came to this thread anyhow. It’s the only reason I visit the site. Has been for months.

Oh and Hippopuncher, thanks for your Zyrus. Couldn’t beat Bahamut until I capped a chain with him. Feelsgoodman after losing 4 attempts.

EDarkness

Decided to make a JP account and I've been rerolling for hours now. Nothing good so far. I'll try a couple more times, but I'm about ready to give up. I don't see how this is much better than rolling on Global....

Shouta

Decided to make a JP account and I've been rerolling for hours now. Nothing good so far. I'll try a couple more times, but I'm about ready to give up. I don't see how this is much better than rolling on Global....

I guess the Fan Festa rewards were only to people that had an account at the time? That had 3 EX 5-star tickets in them.

Otherwise, it's not too different from Global when rerolling. Rates will be a little better but luck is luck after all.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
The rewards are there.

I just created an account this morning and had all rewards.

Visceir

Yeah, I hope it's the Raegen version and not the Sephiroth one, lol. Raegen was much easier on the Lapis and still gave us a great chance at him.

Hope it's the Sephiroth version as that one pretty much guarantees you an on banner unit.

Didn't get anything good from the Raegen step-up, even the 30% ticket was a Medius, lol.

Shouta

Hope it's the Sephiroth version as that one pretty much guarantees you an on banner unit.

Didn't get anything good from the Raegen step-up, even the 30% ticket was a Medius, lol.

The Sephiroth version was nice but it was definitely way more Lapis heavy. I guess that's to be expected considering the rates and all that.

Did a lapis pull... Emperor No.2
Did a 11 ticket pull... Orlandeau No.3
Did a 5* ticket pull... Dracu lasswell

:D

Nice! Congrats!

Muku

ED has kept several accounts round last night to go back to, but nothing that he was dead set on. At some point I swapped with him allowing him to take the Switch (since I was hogging it for Mario) and took over rerolling so he could have a break. But yeah, the x3 5* tickets were still a part of it. That's the thing that has at least made it easier. Knowing you will get 3 Rainbows at least.

Shouta

JP guys have you picked up the 5k lapis deal? I'm still unsure on it. The weapons seem good but not amazing.

I did myself because of the equipment enhancement event but that's gone for now, lol.

The weapons are a step down from the best TMRs but if you don't already have those, they're fairly useful. If you run parties with multiple mages or multiple attackers, they can be a great help to make sure you're running a full powered party.

Shouta

Thanks! I can get a 7* Cid, Emperor, DKC and Lightning some day now!

You're gonna be balling then, lol.

I'm wondering if they'll give Cid, Eileen, and the other chainers, new moves to do so with or are they gonna branch them out elsewhere. That could have a huge effect on the overall popularity/tier list.

Top Bottom