• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Pejo

Unless they messed with it I don't think it's going to happen. Just let it go and enjoy watching the salt flow tomorrow. That's my plan and now I'm straight-up looking forward to it.

Yea this is my plan too. Grab that popcorn and wait for the whining to start on Reddit. There's not even anything that good to do with the rewards yet.

Celegus

Unless they messed with it I don't think it's going to happen. Just let it go and enjoy watching the salt flow tomorrow. That's my plan and now I'm straight-up looking forward to it.

Gonna be Christmas in July, we'll even have snow (made of salt)! Happy Holidays everyone, Merry Roboto!

Let's not forget that Aigaion can take a few hours to beat, and that was with Ramza's +100% buff.
This is going to be hell.

I've never understand how that's possible unless someone's just going all defense and doing the tiniest of chip damage to the boss. If I ever saw I was doing that little of damage I'd readjust and bring more fire power.

Yea this is my plan too. Grab that popcorn and wait for the whining to start on Reddit. There's not even anything that good to do with the rewards yet.

Also this. The rewards aren't important enough for this to be rush to beat on day one sort of thing.

Visceir

Regret a tiny bit that I fused my 2nd Rikku. Having 2 Rikku in party to just reraise every turn might have been the best option for me atm. For long method hp stacked Vanille might be my best bet, lol.

Either way, will have to see tomorrow what GL robo is like. Will probably just do story stuff and focus on clearing robo later on when people have gotten a better picture of the fight.

Heh, figured it might be best to stay away from it for now. To be honest I'm not even sure if I can take on beasts of the dark without evade cheese yet. New story should eat up my NRG I guess anyway.

Syntsui

I just don't see him being beatable without a guaranteed reraise, that very few characters offer or a guaranteed way for Rikku to have her LB every single turn, which is not possible/depends on RNG.

Shouta

Now that I think about it, JP might be getting a new DQ event in the next two weeks, after Bravely. Dragon Quest XI is out next Friday/Saturday so they may do an event for its release like they did with Seiken Densetsu. If that's the case, they may be bringing back the DQ units from the first collaboration in a Mog King/currency event.

Got Ignorance, Emperor's Majesty, and Quick Assault #3 today. Used some moogles, but had to clear out space... currently baking 5 Ingii. Fortunately one's already at 50.

Do I need 2 or 3 LnA for Fry?

After that, it's a slow grind with Fry, Tidus, Rikku, Kelsus, Camille. Will take forever, but they're needed...

robotuw

Got Ignorance, Emperor's Majesty, and Quick Assault #3 today. Used some moogles, but had to clear out space... currently baking 5 Ingii. Fortunately one's already at 50.

Do I need 2 or 3 LnA for Fry?

After that, it's a slow grind with Fry, Tidus, Rikku, Kelsus, Camille. Will take forever, but they're needed...

Have 4. You never know when you'll pull a Gilgamesh.

Alkez

I'm just not sure if I should hope for a Friend Aileen and try to zerg it down with Rikku and Body strat, or if I should hope for a Friend Rem and play the long game.

Either way, I don't know what my other DPS would be besides Aileen. Would be great if I had my own Rem or another Aileen, but I don't.

I'm fairly sure I have you on my friends list so my Aileen will be up tomorrow.

His LB already fills quite fast with innate LB Fill Rate +200% & Gain 2 LS per Turn, with eccentric buff he could prob spam it every turn.

What's eccentric buff?

I've posted it a few times but Sin V did it in 25 minutes with no Ramza. But he had units we don't have. Though we have units they didn't have so maybe it balances out lol.

tuffymon

I've never understand how that's possible unless someone's just going all defense and doing the tiniest of chip damage to the boss. If I ever saw I was doing that little of damage I'd readjust and bring more fire power.

Unless you smash the body... you're looking at killing 1 arm x10, the other x1, and the body x1, thats 40 million hp for the 1 arm, 4m for the other, and 10m for the body... now do you still think its all defensive to chip down 54 million hp?

NomarTyme

Thankfully Aigaion trial is going to be there forever.... Anyways, we can always wait for stronger characters before fight the robot. I'm gonna take a couple of cracks at it though.

Valentus

I think this is doable in a F2P way...

BUT

You need a friend Lunera
And 2 Pairs of Romandan pistols

The reason of that is because the MP burn in a F2P fight could be a fucking mess.

Basically you can do that with:

King (the one that will die always)
Rikku (mega phoenix)
Tilith (Mega HP)
2 Damage dealers
Friend Lunera (singing statue)

But it will take 10 hours lmao xD

I need to digest more that strat, but i think its absolutely doable. I need a powerful SPR/HP friend lunera for this test.

Doctor_No

Now that I think about it, JP might be getting a new DQ event in the next two weeks, after Bravely. Dragon Quest XI is out next Friday/Saturday so they may do an event for its release like they did with Seiken Densetsu. If that's the case, they may be bringing back the DQ units from the first collaboration in a Mog King/currency event.

That sounds very likely, its already been announced on Hoshi no DQ. I wonder, however, if we are going to only see monsters units again this time, or if we are going to see some actual human characters.

Celegus

I wonder if Emperor will be able to do anything to the robot. Rikku with 4 Ignorance, Noctis support to Fish the turns she can't LB, Maxwell to take the regular auto-kill, Tilith, Emperor and friend Emperor. Emperor using the SPR debuff shouldn't reset his FfB stacks right? That's probably my best shot at it, though it will probably fail spectacularly. Curious enough to try it once at least until I wait for a better chance.

Prototype

I just pulled a Zargabaath and I have no idea how to build him.

I was in the same boat but I didn't want to cripple my Orlando or Noctis to gear him up so I just focused on his role as a support and tried to make him somewhat tanky. Durandal is nice on him (if you don't have a spare Excalibur) because it triggers his passives to Attack (Authority atk30%) as well as being a Light weapon which triggers flames of justice (20% hp & atk) then just buffed up his HP, defense and spirit.

At least in my party I don't need him doing damage,
Just be alive and buff everyone and mitigate damage.
He's basically like a super saiyan Minfillia

Valentus

I wonder if Emperor will be able to do anything to the robot. Rikku with 4 Ignorance, Noctis support to Fish the turns she can't LB, Maxwell to take the regular auto-kill, Tilith, Emperor and friend Emperor. Emperor using the SPR debuff shouldn't reset his FfB stacks right? That's probably my best shot at it, though it will probably fail spectacularly. Curious enough to try it once at least until I wait for a better chance.

You must find a way to protect those emperors for dying with Aigaion's AoE attacks (and believe me, they WILL DIE) and that will reset FfB i think... even with reraise.

So i dont think it could be viable... but hey, more testing for all of us!

Valentus

What are the minimum needed materia for this?

4 jack tms... i only have 2 xD

Im trying 2 jack tm and 2 CoD tm and it looks like it wont make rikku ready every turn... i could use Kelsus TM but its too late to farm it... the fucking robot is already here!

Celegus

Hmm maybe I'll try double Tidus then? I'm assuming the dang thing resists water or something lame like that. He might be a good choice as a backup entruster if Rikku doesn't fill up as well as the MP refresh. Tidus Tidus Tilith Rikku Noctis + friend buffer (Lunera or Zarga) or a 3rd Tidus? 4 Jack TMs get Rikku half a bar, then Override and Eccentric should take care of the rest.

bonkeng

4 jack tms... i only have 2 xD

Im trying 2 jack tm and 2 CoD tm and it looks like it wont make rikku ready every turn... i could use Kelsus TM but its too late to farm it... the fucking robot is already here!

Ohhhh. So it's the gain LB per turn and not the +refill rate. I didn't watch the vid you posted coz I'm on mobile.

You can still farm Kelsus since Robot won't be going away anyway.

Hmm maybe I'll try double Tidus then? I'm assuming the dang thing resists water or something lame like that. He might be a good choice as a backup entruster if Rikku doesn't fill up as well as the MP refresh. Tidus Tidus Tilith Rikku Noctis + friend buffer (Lunera or Zarga) or a 3rd Tidus?

No water resist, but Robot will get pissed if you keep on splashing water on it. He'll wipe you out on the 3rd time you splash water on it.

Celegus

No water resist, but Robot will get pissed if you keep on splashing water on it. He'll wipe you out on the 3rd time you splash water on it.

Well that's just rude. So much for wonder boy! Don't suppose the counterattack is water based that Tidus can just negate, that would be far too easy. I guess I could give him fire swords like everyone else seems to be doing with Orlandeau.

Syntsui

Hopefully someone puts an Orlandu with less than 800ATK and no Excalibur tomorrow so I can give this robot a try xD

I'll be rolling with Buttz, Rikku, Tilith, suicidal Zargarbanzo, Firelandu. Everyone with 6k+ HP and 300+ SPR (except Orlandu and Zargarbanzo).

bonkeng

Well that's just rude. So much for wonder boy! Don't suppose the counterattack is water based that Tidus can just negate, that would be far too easy. I guess I could give him fire swords like everyone else seems to be doing with Orlandeau.

Counters with an AoE Lightning and Water elemental attack. Tidus won't be completely invulnerable due to the added Lightning.

Mipcgamer

Hopefully someone puts an Orlandu with less than 800ATK and no Excalibur tomorrow so I can give this robot a try xD

I'll be rolling with Buttz, Rikku, Tilith, suicidal Zargarbanzo, Firelandu. Everyone with 6k+ HP and 300+ SPR (except Orlandu and Zargarbanzo).

Me me me. I like (need) this strat to work with firelandus (Chirijaden and Rain's great sword?). Would love to somehow replace Buttz with Ling for her fire imperil LB
I already have you as a friend (IGN: MIPC)

Syntsui

Me me me. I like (need) this strat to work with firelandus (Chirijaden and Rain's great sword?). Would love to somehow replace Buttz with Ling for her fire imperil LB
I already have you as a friend (IGN: MIPC)
Great, I'm sharing mine already. Let's hope this is viable although I think I don't have enough LB crysts generators >.>

bonkeng

So these are my 2 options for Robot:

Team 1
tERj3EJ.jpg

Elza = Sacrificial self reraise
Tilith = Heal
Rikku = Various roles
Zargabubu = Buff, mp battery, mitigation etc
Frye + friend Frye = damage

Team 2 In case Gumi changes Ice resist to +100%:
9ZXgvOW.jpg

Changed sacrifice to Wilhelm as I don't want to purposely gimp Aileen for Elza.

Wilhelm = Tank
Rem = Reraise Wilhelm
Tilith = Heal
Rikku = Various roles
Aileen + fr Aileen = damage

I'll try these 2 teams at least. If i fail, then I'd wait a few days to try again.

Ok, all girl glam squad is ready for the trial:

Elza - 8420 hp - 725 atk. She's the self rez abuse tank.
Fryevia - 4151 hp - 863 mag w/ machine killer equipped, normally 900+mag. Main dps
Rem - 4708 hp - 649 mag with Rikku's pouch. Back up to the back up self rez lol. Will use Eccentrick to build Rikku limit burst.
Tilith 5760 hp - 439 mp 418 spr - immunity to all status and +50 fire ice lightning, 20 water resist. MP regen from vestmend of mind robe. Can add more if i remove equip shield tm and replace with mana regen tm.
Rikku - 5.5k - 6.1k hp - 304 mp - lb regen/boost = Override, Mog Wisdom, Auto Limit. MP regen - auto refresh. Wish I had finished my second vestment of mind.

We'll see how it goes. Notable back up units if mp regen is an issue are Ling, Noct, Zag, and Tidus. One of them would replace Rem.

Top Bottom