• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
More LOL!

It was highly advised that if people try for her but RNG is RNG. Sucks if you did not bother pulling for her. She is one of the best healers and would make your life much easier.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any other healers come close or top her? Healing hasn't really been an issue with my team as much as it is a lack of strong chainers.

evangd007

- what's the schedule expected to look like beyond FFT mog king? I'd normally assume exploration then raid, but in JP after FFX explorations went the way of the dodo.

- this banner is an easy skip. 4* rates stink, I'm already sitting on 275% bonus, and 5*s aren't game changers.

- GL exclusive Merc Ramza abilities are weird. +50% mage when wearing a robe? Why try to make Ultima Ramza a thing?

- Nico stream also announced Rosa 6* with the FFIV event and Golbez 6* sometime later

Kouriozan

Enhanced Luka will also be pretty good, by the way.

Code:
Aquafresh	+2	--	Auto-Regen+ (~600 HP Heal w/ 1.8x Mod per Turn) & Recover 10% MP per Turn & +30% HP	
Shrine Maiden's Miracle	+2	25	AoE ~1000 HP Heal w/ 5x Mod & AoE Cure All Ailments
Regenerate	+2	12	AoE ~20000 HP Heal w/ 53x Mod split over 20 Turns

Celegus

People with one Orlandu could enhance one so they would have a chaining team without relying on friends.

People without Orlandu should enhance two and literally have two female Orlandu.

People with two Orlandu or more shouldn't really bother.
Yeah I'll just use the spare 24 power giancrysts + the rest I have lying around... not denying she will be very good, but that's so many resources that I need for other units.

Alkez

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Any other healers come close or top her? Healing hasn't really been an issue with my team as much as it is a lack of strong chainers.

Garnet will also be viable with the GL exclusive buff she got to her Curaja. And her 6* is pretty good.

Doctor_No

UGH gross

New 5 star base Kain without helmet

and Young Rydia? 5 star base

unknown.png

I'd predict that we will have a lot more of these reboot variations of existing FF characters, and I'm okay with that. I prefer variations of FF characters that I have attachment to than totally new FFBE characters that I have zero attachment to.

I don't ever remember Kain taking off his helmet in FF4, but he does a Cecil like transformation into a Holy Dragoon in After Years; where he doesn't have a helmet. I would have preferred Holy Dragoon Kain (which can use white magic) to no-helmet Dark Kain.

Loli Rydia sprite is good. Yun and Gilbert sprite look terrible though.

Oh god

dVpzGx9.png

At least, it's coming!
Golbez please be good, I wanna use you again!

They should have released 6* Rosa on GL last week, given that she's currently in the banner. She doesn't seem incredibly strong but her LB is amazing. Might be worth building a new one of her from 4* and maxing her LB out.

Given the plethora of LB materia and items out now, you can full heal + 50% MP every turn with her (or every other turn). As long as they don't dramatically increase LB requirements for 6*

I hope they also add more ability awakenings to her, as her previous one was on her 5* form and not her 6*.

across

Toilet fire of a banner.

Agrias 6* is only relevant for people with Reberta/Fohlen and no other chainers. She's only Orlandeau-compatible after enhancements. Gaffgarion isn't relevant with enhancements or without them.

Banner is unnecessarily overstuffed. Such an obvious time to do a split banner (like FFT's first pair!) with Ramza/Orran/Agrias, Delita/Meliadoul/Gaffgarion. You can throw Alma into both, or neither, or make her a free gift with every summon like on the Player's Choice banner with the 5% specific unit Moogles.

Units aren't particularly great in the first place. We've seen their JP enhancements. Nothing to be excited about. Merc Ramza is mechanically interesting but I don't know if that means he's good. Meliadoul seems like a good poverty Elza with the DEF/SPR break for Raid bosses. GL Orran gets innate Dualcast so he can do Protectga/Shellga same round. Cool... beans? Even if you wanted these units (I kinda want Meliadoul), good luck pulling them here!

I'm pretty salty. I don't even mind not having Nier; I would have been fine being wrong and getting the FFXI raid + banner, because at least it wouldn't be the most obvious idiot trap since the original Zidane banner (when most of us didn't know any better).

Disappointment am total. Skipping dailies; will extract gear, tickets, then return to auto-pilot TM farming in (meaningless) protest. You can keep your white orbs.

RedZaraki

Banned
Fft3 second week will have a trial:

Code:
Archangel Ultima: 
> Lv99 - 4,000,000 HP / 15,000 MP
> Type -  Demon
> +100% Earth/Light/Dark Resists
> 100% All Status Resist Except +50% Blind
> Can only be MAG broken.

Guess who'll be mvp again? Yep, Ice Queen.
Unit-Fryevia-6-370x208.png

Only 4 million? Double Orlandeau + Olive and they all have Demon Killer. Break with WoL, buff with Tilith.

Thing should die in one turn.

Toilet fire of a banner.

Agrias 6* is only relevant for people with Reberta/Fohlen and no other chainers. She's only Orlandeau-compatible after enhancements. Gaffgarion isn't relevant with enhancements or without them.

Banner is unnecessarily overstuffed. Such an obvious time to do a split banner (like FFT's first pair!) with Ramza/Orran/Agrias, Delita/Meliadoul/Gaffgarion. You can throw Alma into both, or neither, or make her a free gift with every summon like on the Player's Choice banner with the 5% specific unit Moogles.

Units aren't particularly great in the first place. We've seen their JP enhancements. Nothing to be excited about. Merc Ramza is mechanically interesting but I don't know if that means he's good. Meliadoul seems like a good poverty Elza with the DEF/SPR break for Raid bosses. GL Orran gets innate Dualcast so he can do Protectga/Shellga same round. Cool... beans? Even if you wanted these units (I kinda want Meliadoul), good luck pulling them here!

I'm pretty salty. I don't even mind not having Nier; I would have been fine being wrong and getting the FFXI raid + banner, because at least it wouldn't be the most obvious idiot trap since the original Zidane banner (when most of us didn't know any better).

Disappointment am total. Skipping dailies; will extract gear, tickets, then return to auto-pilot TM farming in (meaningless) protest. You can keep your white orbs.

Good news is most of us probably have dupes of the bonus units. I can run 300-375% bonus given the difficulty of the event. We'll see how high Agrias atk can get at 6*, i have here at about 650 now.

Toilet fire of a banner.

Disappointment am total. Will extract gear, tickets, then return to auto-pilot TM farming in (meaningless) protest. You can keep your white orbs.

I'm looking at it from the perspective of I'm happy with them doing it with this banner instead of Nier (which they can still very well do because Gumi's gonna Gumi) I hope my chances of 2B aren't fucked by having a bloated banner.

Celegus

I definitely don't mind the banner like this personally, since it lets us use bonus units most people already have and not being split gets them all out the way at once (I don't care at all about any of them). Would be a nightmare if it was a Tilith situation and one of the new 4s was a must have. And my tickets are safe this time since I have Agrias and Gaff, the last FFT mog king ate 25 tickets for a single Lawrence. Still don't even have a Soleil yet (or old man)

Kouriozan

Everyone and their mother talking about Nier on Reddit sure isn't helping getting it sooner, judging by Ramza's enhancement and WoL before that (skip x because y is coming soon!)

across

Internet communities always believe they have more influence on development than they do. Reddit chatter isn't delaying Nier, it isn't what delayed WoL and it isn't what's delaying Ramza. It's blatantly obvious degenerate gameplay in the case of Ramza (leaves no room to experiment with other buff/MP regen units once he releases - Zargabaath would not exist if enh.Ramza was out) and WoL was probably just delayed to get people to pull for Wilhelm.

View every decision that is made through the lens of extracting the maximum amount of money from the playerbase and those decisions will nearly always make sense.

Syntsui

Rates change before Orlandu, the current piece of shit banner and the lack of changes of the very well known to be shit Tactics banner are clear examples Gumi is not really that smart business wise too. They could extract much more money from us considering they have community managers that clearly know our expectations and desires.

RedZaraki

Banned
I hate how the only thing to do with NRG right now is TMR farm and I don't wanna do it manually during the day.

I run it at night. I don't try to run it during the day because it just gets hung or crashes usually (I blame Memu).

So......really nothing going on in the game atm.

Syntsui

I hate how the only thing to do with NRG right now is TMR farm and I don't wanna do it manually during the day.

I run it at night. I don't try to run it during the day because it just gets hung or crashes usually (I blame Memu).

Chamber of Crystals :DDD

I welcome this break. Need to get TM's for Rikku in order as well as farm the chambers for crysts.

Chamber of Crystals :DDD

This is exactly what I've been spending my nrg on.

Btw, I run two Xons and a Locke and I swear it doesn't matter.

robotuw

Aww no Nier. I suppose Mog King makes more sense, and that opens up the opportunity for it next week, but with this disappointment I'm now expecting further disappointment and FF11. I'm going to have a lot of resources ready when Nier does come. Over 50k lapis and 111 tickets now before this mog king.

6* Agrias is nice, and is going to make farming the event really easy (I have 3 Agrias and 4 Gaffs). Not terribly interested in her until enhancements though. Even if I didn't already have 375% bonus I don't think I'd pull on that banner. It's a flaming dog turd, maybe their worst one yet. At least bring Mustadio back Gumi, he was part of the same event as Alma and, unlike her, was actually useful for half a second back then.

I think Crystal Chamber has always been same max loot you can get. Was it 2 Megacites and 3 Magicites or whatever they are called.

Oh makes sense then. Switching back to the TM farm team to run it.

Speaking of TMs, out of that new batch, I reeeaaally like Delitas armor. Would be amazing for Wilhelm. But I wouldn't dare try to pull on this banner.

I have personally been running the last 2 story event quests over and over for Giancrysts. I have only had 2 instances when I didn't get one. I am over TM farming again for awhile, and vortex chambers are too random for my tastes.

RedZaraki

Banned
I have personally been running the last 2 story event quests over and over for Giancrysts. I have only had 2 instances when I didn't get one. I am over TM farming again for awhile, and chamber of crystals is too random for my tastes.

I'm just running Earth Shrine by hand for a while I guess. Pretty repetitive, but at least Auto sticks between quests now.

I need my Letters and Arms!

robotuw

Does anyone think we'll get the rainbow buff to 3% that JP has?

They've already said it's happening, but likely not any time soon. We still have months and months of banners with only 1 5* unit on them coming (the new FFT one is an exception). I think that would be "too generous" in Gumi's eyes.

Muku

About time some of these other characters give bonus. From what little they showed... not sure Mog King event this time will be like OMG. I guess we'll see later in week... Hopefully quick and done.

[JP] Started doing Raid yesterday. Weekends are just usually so busy with work and all. But, got it started and working on list. Not even caring about ranking or anything. Just trying to get what I can in the list of goodies. Plus whatever raid summon will give me. The Cactaur right now are awesome. Capped 5* Tidus yesterday. Working on trying to cap 5* Onion Knight now.

Decided with Moogles on there that I'm going to get Camille's for Tidus. After that maybe Tidus sword? Or OKs? Not sure. Got a long way to go on Cammy's though. Hoping to craft some of these Raid weapons to help my scrubs in mean time. I'm only on the second island in-game right now and first place on it. LOL. Haven't gotten far. I'm in shop scrub gear still.

However, loving the 10 tickets they gave us this morning.. and HOLY OMG... I didn't realize they had like Mega crystals for Espers. The ones we got this morning went from 1* Siren Lv 9 to 2* Siren Lv 39. Nothing small to finish off level. But will help my healer in mean time.

Free pull was Rakshasa. I felt like home on GL @ that point. :( But decided to do half pull for Bravely Default folks, since their Moogles show up in Raid pulls. Gold off the bat. Thinking would be sweet to get an on banner unit... Wind Veritas. Whelp.

Mmm
I have Aileen and olive, olive bis, Aileen close to bis and fully potted..
Is it better to aim for a friend-leen or do a double fully enhanced agrias and get friend finisher?

They've already said it's happening, but likely not any time soon. We still have months and months of banners with only 1 5* unit on them coming (the new FFT one is an exception). I think that would be "too generous" in Gumi's eyes.
Ah yeah, gumi giveth, gumi taketh..
Unless you are hippo,in that case is
Gumi gave th a lot of 5*, gumi taketh some sweet cash

robotuw

Mmm
I have Aileen and olive, olive bis, Aileen close to bis and fully potted..
Is it better to aim for a friend-leen or do a double fully enhanced agrias and get friend finisher?

2x enhanced Agrias is 24 T4 8 T5 power crysts and 6 T4 2 T5 support. You willing to spend that? There's also the issue that Agrias' enhancements only puts her on par with the current chainers; enhanced Aileen blows her out of the water. IMO Agrias is best used to match with an Orlandu you already have so you can take advantage of finisher friends (assuming you don't have one of those too). If you've already got one chainer and a finisher no need to spend on her.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Can anyone help me through the emotions/need-to-pull of an F2P-type when you don't have Orlandeau/Fryevia/Aileen but the banners are shit? I can't help myself.

Can anyone help me through the emotions/need-to-pull of an F2P-type when you don't have Orlandeau/Fryevia/Aileen but the banners are shit? I can't help myself.

Just keep in mind there's no rush to clear anything. The good stuff will appear for you one day. And save everything for Nier. Trust in Nier.

across

Pulling on this banner is the worst idea that anyone has ever had since crafting 2 Gravity Rods.

You know that Reddit AMA with the supposed former Gumi employee where he confirmed that certain whales get their accounts flagged with rate reductions since they've been identified as likely to spend anyway? Pulling on this banner will get your account tagged with something similar, only instead of 'Whale', the flag will be 'Dullard'.

Pulling on this banner gives you a 1.18% chance of getting Meliadoul or Orran. Spending 300 lapis on increasing your item slots by 15 may have a significantly higher chance of benefitting your account.

Pulling on this banner is, ultimately, unlikely to give you a concussion. But when you wake up seven days from now and wonder what you got for your 1750 lapis, you may well voluntarily bash your head into a wall and cause one yourself.

Pulling on this banner has a 2,250% increased 5* rate for Gumi employees and Hippo still said 'Get behind me, Satan,' on his way out of the break room.

robotuw

Reroll GL/JP accounts and pull until you get bored. It worked for me! I didn't even keep the accounts, just did it to get the urge out of my system.

Shouta

Is Mercenary Ramza as good or better than Ramza?

Different Roles. Mercenary Ramza is basically an upgraded version of Cecil with the counter abilities of Snow (for physical attacks anyway) and with a better main attack. Cecil has better buffing but as a tank, Merc Ramza basically outshines him. Not quite as much in GL because cecil got small buffs to his cover and mitigation rates but Ramza resists all status ailments which is great as a tank.

Generally speaking, tank/attack hybrids aren't liked by JPs unlike tank/support. For awhile, there was no way to bring up their attack while maintaining their defense because of TMs. However, That's changed with a few TMs that came after that raise both with tank equipment, shields and heavy armor.

I can definitely see the value of him as a tank after his enhancements, especially for fights where there are a lot of powerful single-target attacks and you don't want to bet the farm on AOE cover.

Top Bottom