• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY Community Thread: XV Mainline Entries and Counting

Mediking

I have a FFXV UCE pre-ordered from the square-enix online store.

I want to get it on release day (or very shortly after -- 1 or 3 days max)

The reason? Well, I'm not ashamed to say I will actually be scheduling some time off work to get more time in on this game. I have to burn some PTO before the end of the year so why not. The time has to be pre-scheduled, of course.

Others in the same boat... what are you doing? Upgrading to 3 day shipping?

I heard talk that all orders for the UCE were going to arrive on release date regardless of shipping method chosen... is it complete BS? Help me out here guys.

here is a thread where this is speculated (but not the only source I have seen)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1288331

I had the UCE pre-ordered but as much as I want it I can't justify the cost anymore lol

But I have ordered from them before and chose the cheapest for pre-orders and all of mine have arrived day of release

What all comes with the UCE again?

Rootbeer

Banned
I had the UCE pre-ordered but as much as I want it I can't justify the cost anymore lol

But I have ordered from them before and chose the cheapest for pre-orders and all of mine have arrived day of release

Well that's encouraging. I e-mailed their support to see if they can can comment and hopefully I can be certain on what angle to take.

Frankly, I understand not wanting to keep the order. I'm tempted to just get the Day One edition but, I'm still considering all of my options.
What all comes with the UCE again?

final_fantasy_ce.jpg
If I didn't love action figures I'd probably not even consider snagging it, but I would love to have a Noctis figure in my collection

Though, honestly I prefer smaller (~6" scale or so) figures like figma, and Play Arts recently showed off the first of a new line of 6" Figures -- Sora from KH III. So... now I'm thinking they might release a 6" Noctis and I'll wish I didn't have the larger Play Arts... But they haven't actually announced any other figures so I can't accurately predict.

Well that's encouraging. I e-mailed their support to see if they can can comment and hopefully I can be certain on what angle to take.

Frankly, I understand not wanting to keep the order. I'm tempted to just get the Day One edition but, I'm still considering all of my options.

it also helps if you are nearish one of their distribution centers too

Mediking

Going on media blackout for FFXV, by the way..... not really eager to jump in a FFXV thread if I'm gonna get spoiled and I'm really at the point where I just want the game to speak for itself. No more discussions.

So I'm probably a rare beast in that I've had a near total media blackout on FFXV.

I have played FFVII-XII, didn't play XI or XIII series, played a bit of XIV. Played Kingdom Hearts 1 and while I appreciated the 'real time' combat it felt clunky but with something there that could be improved.

Things I know about FFXV -

1. It used to be the spin off action game of XIII

2. It's open world / real time battles ala kingdom hearts?

3. It's had divisive demos that may not really represent what it is today.

Things I don't know-

1. Is it still in the world of XIII / Should I finally dust off the copy of XIII I bought way back when and play it?

2. How improved on Kingdom Hearts is the combat? I'm not expecting DMC here but if the story and characters are good and it's at least a jump up from KH 1 on PS2, I'm happy.

3. How open world are we talking? Ubisoft shit?

4. IS THIS GAME GOING TO BE GOOD (Loaded question I know). I'm not interested in bullshiting about FF entries, just wanna know if it's worth getting. I'll be buying it on PS4, not pro or anything like that.

EDIT- Slightly Off Topic but is the FFXII remaster coming out this year or next year?

Fou-Lu

1. It seems to have no connection to XIII anymore. Don't worry about playing XIII. Though give it a shot if you want, most people hate it, but I quite enjoyed it when I played it for the first time recently.

2. The future Kingdom Hearts games GREATLY improved on the combat already, but to be fair FFXV is quite a different animal than Kingdom Hearts. From what I've seen the combat looks surprisingly deep and has some of the best animations of any game period.

3. The game is supposed to start more open and eventually become more linear near the end as the story focuses down to the real struggle. The open world seems like an interesting place, but we'll have to play it to really know.

4. I think so.

FFXII Zodiac Age is next year.

Rootbeer

Banned
Heard back from Square Enix Online Store support.

We always try to deliver all our preorders for the release date.

Good to know... but why do they offer all those shipping options then for pre-orders? Some of them are very expensive. Ehh, whatever...

So, I guess I can count on getting it on release date or maybe the day after if I'm unlucky. Good enough for me.

Heard back from Square Enix Online Store support.

Good to know... but why do they offer all those shipping options then for pre-orders? Some of them are very expensive. Ehh, whatever...

So, I guess I can count on getting it on release date or maybe the day after if I'm unlucky. Good enough for me.

Huh. That's super interesting. I remember when preordering they said standard would take 10-15 days of transit time or something. I think it was an extra $50 for 1-3 day ship time.

Wish we could get a clear answer.

Like others, I'm also on the fence about cancelling. That price. Ugh.

Mediking

I feel hype burnout for FFXV. Spent wayyy too much time on the hype train. Should've went on media blackout and discussion blackout from long ago.

Mediking

I'm really curious to see how Nomura uses Noctis in KH3. There's just no way Noctis won't be in KH3 in some form. I imagine Nomura crying and treating Noctis as a long lost son.

I'm really curious to see how Nomura uses Noctis in KH3. There's just no way Noctis won't be in KH3 in some form. I imagine Nomura crying and treating Noctis as a long lost son.

I would be funny if he makes him 100% faithful to Versus XIII instead of XV. KH versions of FF characters are never the canonical versions so it would not be out of place.

Fou-Lu

I feel hype burnout for FFXV. Spent wayyy too much time on the hype train. Should've went on media blackout and discussion blackout from long ago.

Honestly I am surprised I still feel the hype. I think it's because my expectations were tempered from the demos.

Celcius

°Temp. member
So I rented Kingsglaive on youtube (I don't recommend youtube by the way). It was an ok rent... mostly just for the backstory knowledge. I wouldn't buy it or watch it more than once though.
On FF14 though... I have to admit that it's one of my favorite in the series.

Could anyone help me out with this?

So I just bought a Vita from ebay and its being shipped here soon so I've been looking at what games to get (plus the ones from PS Plus). I was thinking of buying a new copy of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD. I have the PS4 version that I honestly haven't touched yet due to other games but I was thinking the portable version might be great to have and then I could also use cross-save.

So is the Vita version of those games good or should I just stick with the console version and play it someday?

I asked this in another thread, but didn't get an answer there.

So, I watched the movie and the brotherhood anime. Am I all caught up on the pre-game lore? Or is there more stuff to consume before the actual game comes out?

Could anyone help me out with this?

So I just bought a Vita from ebay and its being shipped here soon so I've been looking at what games to get (plus the ones from PS Plus). I was thinking of buying a new copy of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD. I have the PS4 version that I honestly haven't touched yet due to other games but I was thinking the portable version might be great to have and then I could also use cross-save.

So is the Vita version of those games good or should I just stick with the console version and play it someday?

The Vita version of the game runs well, and looks alright, if that's what you're asking. It's definitely not a bad purchase in that regard.

I asked this in another thread, but didn't get an answer there.

So, I watched the movie and the brotherhood anime. Am I all caught up on the pre-game lore? Or is there more stuff to consume before the actual game comes out?

The Vita version of the game runs well, and looks alright, if that's what you're asking. It's definitely not a bad purchase in that regard.
With your question, you are basically caught up but if you want to know more, there is the A King's Tale game (GameStop exclusive n the USA) that's all about King Regis when he was younger. You also have the drama CD that's coming with the Deluxe Edition and the UCE.

Also, yeah I was wondering if the game ran well with no serious issues.

Teknoman

I've always held off FFXIV due to fear of losing my life. But it's been so cheap lately for base game and expansion. I just don't know anymore.

It's not like ffxi in that you can pop in and out yet still not be that behind. One of the better FF stories / universes in awhile too.

Golnei

I've seen the more esoteric PE1 concept art pieces, but this one from PE2 had passed me by until now. Absence of belts aside, it's staggeringly mid-2000s Nomura - I can almost hear Gackt's beating wing in the distance.

Asd202

Hey does anyone know if I buy FFVII from PSN on PS4 will I still get the Midgard Custom Theme or was that a limited time offer?

Caim

Hey does anyone know if I buy FFVII from PSN on PS4 will I still get the Midgard Custom Theme or was that a limited time offer?

I think that was pre-order only unfortunately.

The only pre-order theme I've ever seen resurface on PSN was the Skullgirls theme.

Splinter

So I'm currently playing Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and I'm fucking loving it, how much in common do you expect FF15 to have with it? I'm really hyped for XV but I feel like my expectations may be a bit off.

How does it compare to Witcher 3 and other open world games as far as..

Map accessibility? From the pics I see the FF15 map looks fucking massive, which is what I'm looking forward to the most. Will we be able to walk the entire map? And invisible walls in the country side, cities, etc?

Depth? Will there be tons of side quests, treasure hunt equivalents, etc?

Loot? Will you be able to get new gear, Armour, weapons, etc?

Will internet connection be required (for PS4?)(as far as we know?). I don't have Internet access at my home right now.

I wasn't able to play the demo unfortunately. Thanks.

With Pokemon Sun & Moon out which FF creature could you see as a Pokemon?

I'll go with Mandragora XII Version

Mandragora 50% Male and Female
Grass/Poison
Ability: Poison Touch
Hidden Ability: Chlorophyll
HP: 60 Attack: 85 Def: 50 Sp. Attack100 Sp.Def 80 Speed: 75

Movelist via level up no order
Pound
Leer
Vine Whip
Constrict
Leech Seed
Razor Leaf
Bullet Seed
Poison Sting
Sludge Wave
Stun Spore
Spore
Nasty Plot
Grass Knot
Leaf Blade
Solar Beam
Cotton Spore
Bulldoze

strafer

I'm moving along nicely in FF13. Game so far seems great, i'm liking the different characters a lot.

Have some questions regarding the general combat stuff.

Is it bad to use auto battle in every battle?

Should I set up a team manually with ravagers, sentinels? Right now I'm sticking with what the game gave me.

I also notice that I'm too slow on switching between paradigms.

yunbuns

Really loving XV so far. Haven't had this much with a FF in a long time. I also will be replaying VIII again and blogging about it on tumblr similar to this blog (which you should check out if you're a VII fan) during the break. Really excited about it and I'll post a link here if anyone is interested!

Aracarn

Is there a consensus estimate as to when Zodiac Age comes out?

I'm getting the itch to replay FFXII after playing FFXV, but I can wait if the remaster is a month or two away..

aravuus

I don't think so, no?

Been having the same 'problem'. I've been playing XIV a lot and for some reason it's reeeaaally making me want to replay XII.

Pachimari

So I just beat my first Final Fantasy ever. I have been playing this series since I was a kid, and the closest I ever came to completing something was when I got to the final boss in Crisis Core. But this time it actually happened, and I could happily put the controller away after the credits had rolled in Final Fantasy XV.

Noctis also happens to be my absolute favorite protagonist in the entire series. I just love everything about him, and I am stoked for the DLC coming up next year. I am far from done with XV, as I am going to complete all the post-game content and level up.

But now I am also looking to get back and catch up in Final Fantasy XIV, and maybe even start another singleplayer adventure, perhaps Final Fantasy VI; as I have just modded this on PC.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Going through FFIV for the first time. The 3D version. It's great. I enjoy how the bosses are actually putting up a fight and not getting steamrolled like so many other FFs I have played.

Is the 3D version of FFIII considered the hardest in the series?

aravuus

Any way to control FF VIII's high-speed booster? It's not completely over the top like FF IX's is, but it'd be nice if I could lock it to 1.5x or 2x speed or something like that. Considerably faster than regular but still playable.

Steam version, if that matters.

e: better yet, would be great if there was a way to get cheat engine's speedhack to work with the game

Pachimari

A Final Fantasy for fans and first-timers.

(Yeah I know that's not what you said exactly, heh)

Careful with community thread- we generally don't spoiler tag games older than a year or two.

Yeah, I'll be careful. I'm currently playing FFXIV and will spend the next 200 hours try to catch up. I really want to complete it, and then I'll get back to FFVI, and FFXV when the updates hit.

Top Bottom