• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Oh cool, my gamestop is sellng it early. The last FF i played to completion is final fantasy x back when it came out. Dont let me down final fantasy GAF

OranSky

Banned
Hope my local store gets my copy in tomorrow I really want to be hooked by this. Haven't had a real reasone to use my ps4 since the last of us.

RDreamer

Grabbed mine from Gamestop's Battlefield Hardline launch... except when I was there I literally didn't see anyone there for that game. Everyone was there for Type 0

Hm, I might hijack the battlefield line. I hope its ok I didn't preorder. Ive been buying digital for so long, forgot how the inside of a gamestop works.

It used to be pre-orders only, but I believe anyone can go in there at midnight and buy one. They should be selling it now though because it's midnight on the east coast.

Uuugh, I'm dying to play this, but my CE is still stuck in customs so it's very unlikely I'll even get to play on launch day. Canada customs clearance... ugh. Almost considering going out and buying a regular copy to play now, but I don't want to spend that much.

Was originally gonna get this digitally, but since I wasn't gonna be able to pick it up tonight, your fault Sony for prioritizing preorders for Borderlands instead of this. Took my business to shitty gamestop.

TtrjFFG.jpg

Ugh, but damn it, the gamestop guy talked me into getting this sweet looking guide...and I was in the mood to play some Walking Dead too lol

sensui-tomo

Hey kagari, I remember that some of the songs were remastered/changed a bit and was wondering, did the song "Colorful Fall in love" get changed? I have no idea of the context of the song, but it sounds so... out of place in this game (at least from something thats supposed to be a darker Final fantasy.

WHAT? I DIDN'T KNOW THAT. THAT'S AMAZING.

Oh man, I can't wait to play this.

There's an extra song in the HD version that plays during an extra scene that is sang by SAWA (one of the singers from TWEWY).

The soundtrack doesn't have similar styles though =P (But it's just as good)

There's an extra song in the HD version that plays during an extra scene that is sang by SAWA (one of the singers from TWEWY).

The soundtrack doesn't have similar styles though =P (But it's just as good)

That's (literally) a bold statement right there. TWEWY's got the best soundtrack I've ever heard in a game, and if this game's OST is even remotely as good I might seriously lose my shit over this game, even if the gameplay isn't that good.

ChanMan

Was originally gonna get this digitally, but since I wasn't gonna be able to pick it up tonight, your fault Sony for prioritizing preorders for Borderlands instead of this. Took my business to shitty gamestop.

Ugh, but damn it, the gamestop guy talked me into getting this sweet looking guide...and I was in the mood to play some Walking Dead too lol

Yeah same here was going to pre-order it digitally as well but went to Gamestop as well also anyone playing Japanese voices or English Voices.

That's (literally) a bold statement right there. TWEWY's got the best soundtrack I've ever heard in a game, and if this game's OST is even remotely as good I might seriously lose my shit over this game, even if the gameplay isn't that good.

Well, then you will listen for yourself =P

I really enjoyed both of these soundtracks, they're pretty different in style, but I wouldn't be able to choose one over the other.

komorebi

The soundtrack IS excellent, just don't expect the style of TWEWY.

Meowster

The fighting gameplay is fantastic. It's addicting and so much fun. I thought it would be difficult to master but I think I'm catching on quicker than I thought. This music too >>

Well, then you will listen for yourself =P

I really enjoyed both of these soundtracks, they're pretty different in style, but I wouldn't be able to choose one over the other.

The soundtrack IS excellent, just don't expect the style of TWEWY.

That'd be extremely weird if it had the same style of TWEWY. TWEWY is a very modern and stylistic game, and though I admit I haven't seen much of Type-0, it doesn't look remotely like TWEWY's brand of style.

btw people, I don't know if you're doing this or not, but you guys shouldn't be fighting enemies without Lock-on (I don't know if camera complaints are from people trying to manage everything manually or not, so I'll just throw that out there).

That'd be extremely weird if it had the same style of TWEWY. TWEWY is a very modern and stylistic game, and though I admit I haven't seen much of Type-0, it doesn't look remotely like TWEWY's brand of style.
Yeah, Type-0's setting is closer to older FF games, so the soundtrack would fit even less if it was TWEWY.

I personally really like the blur, but I can see why people might not like it.

It's not that I mind it normally but this is excessively bad and it hurts my eyes/head when turning it. Literally strains me. :( hoping I can adjust. I like the core gameplay.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
soo..I have to wait till thursday to buy it and after that I have to wait one week longer to even play it >> I'm jealous of you guys.

I have a copy reserved in my local store. Really looking forward to Friday (EU release) and some Final Fantasy after a long time. I have only played VII and VIII and have a lot warm memories of them. Let's see if this will bring up the same feeling.

I am a bit worried about the camera, though. Some gameplay videos have prompted the first signs of motion sickness. Games with fast moving third person camera tend to make me motion sick to the point of not being able to play. Hoping this will not be the case with Type-0 when I look at the screen from a better distance.

MrBS

I was so hyped for this prior to the PSP release so I happy to finally be able to play it. Got LE guide and game coming.

The opening was absolutely brutal for me
Poor Izana

I should say that the
Flashbacks for Izana
are really well made, and I love how they explore his character.

P.S How do you guys recommend me to play the game? Should I just ignore most of the side stuff and play the story, or try my hands at side stuff + expert trials and then do story? I am asking this because there are times when there is nothing to do, and without a guide in hand, it gets annoying to switch characters and to find out if any of them have any extra cutscenes etc.

May16

So, at two points in the PSP game, Ace
sings the Bump of Chicken song

Does he still do that in this version? And if so, does he do it in English (translated), or does his English voice
sing it in Japanese
?

zennyzz

So, at two points in the PSP game, Ace
sings the Bump of Chicken song

Does he still do that in this version? And if so, does he do it in English, or does his English voice
sing it in Japanese
?

he recites it in english as a poem.

The opening was absolutely brutal for me
Poor Izana

I should say that the
Flashbacks for Izana
are really well made, and I love how they explore his character.

P.S How do you guys recommend me to play the game? Should I just ignore most of the side stuff and play the story, or try my hands at side stuff + expert trials and then do story? I am asking this because there are times when there is nothing to do, and without a guide in hand, it gets annoying to switch characters and to find out if any of them have any extra cutscenes etc.

Type-0's strong points come from the down time between missions. So I'd say it'd be best to talk with everyone with the time you have. You don't need to switch everyone to get every dialogue option, mostly it's just a matter of finding the particular PCs that have custscenes during the events, the game will make note if there's character specific scenes that need you to change characters.

Basically the days between missions are like persona months, so you'll find new missions or new things for npcs to say each day (it really is a fuck lot.)

The main story is comparatively barren. But you can choose not to do it if you like.

It's not that I mind it normally but this is excessively bad and it hurts my eyes/head when turning it. Literally strains me. :( hoping I can adjust. I like the core gameplay.
The blur is a major issue when we have to move the camera a lot.

One way to get around it is to use the R3 button to rotate camera instead, as in press it to center the camera instead of manually rotating it.

I love it. Jarring writing and voice acting as usual but I'm used to that so no big deal. Very cool setting and concept too. Really digging the combat and soundtrack quite a lot. I'm just so happy to finally have this game.

The FFXV demo is still downloading so I'm going to start that up with breakfast and coffee when I wake up. So far this release has been just as great as I'd hoped.

Top Bottom