• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Bladenic

Playing this game finally. Honestly liking it a good bit but I'm only in chapter 2 after the first RTS mission which was alright, short and easy. I've tried most characters but some I clearly don't know how to use. Especially Jack, the katana dude.

Also is it me or is phantoma harvesting really finicky? Sometimes it won't activate no matter what I do.

sphinx

the piano man
forums say Jack is very deadly and the best character to use if you know what you are doing, I found him too slow and prone to die.

I mained Trey and Nine, mostly, then slowly changed towards others as I was doing my playthroughs.

Bladenic

Chapter 5, and I haven't seen much love for Eight but he's my total favorite to play as. He has some issues with range but some of his moves close the distance well. I also think he has the best voice in English, that deep growl.

Bladenic

Is the airship obtainable on the first playthrough? The expert trials are all in the mid 40s while my highest leveled characters are about a level or 2 away from 40. I also don't believe I'll have enough time left over to finish up the Kazusa and Emina side quests either. Hmm.

sphinx

the piano man
Is the airship obtainable on the first playthrough? The expert trials are all in the mid 40s while my highest leveled characters are about a level or 2 away from 40. I also don't believe I'll have enough time left over to finish up the Kazusa and Emina side quests either. Hmm.

The Airship is obtainable but very easy missable. Train two of your characters so that they are up for the challenge and do it, it's worth it.

Kazusa's and Emina's sidequests are so screwed up, you are better off searching for the explanation on how to finish then on the internet and finishing the quests on subsequent playthroughs. it's possible to complete the quests but it's nearly impossible without a guide,

FFT0 is a game that you are supposed to play through several times, the game is a lot less fun if you try to complete everything in 1 playthrough,

Hellraider

After spending a couple of hours reading opinions and some well needed story answers as well as letting everything sit in (finished it today) I have finally made up my mind about what's the perfect analogy to sum up my feelings about it.

Type-0 felt a lot like the following. A bunch of overly enthusiastic teenagers having some ideas that sounded really cool to their heads trying to materialize them only to end up with a disaster at their hands.

Somewhere buried under piles and piles of garbage there is a quite hefty amount of potential, ambition and a couple of great ideas albeit in a very early and unripe stage.

I'm extremely disappointed because I played the game expecting a sequel to crisis core fixing the numerous problems that it had (which still ended up being a lovely little game) and instead I got a sequel that went and created a thousand more on its own while losing the charm that the more simplistic parts of CC had.

I wouldn't mind going into more details if anyone wants to either counter-argue or verify their thoughts about it.

cj_iwakura

I really want to get this version after beating the PSP one, but some of those images early on aren't filling me with optimism...

Did anything get removed? Is all the music intact?

Top Bottom