• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Szadek

Should I play the PS4 or the PSP version?
I tend towards the PSP version,because I can play it way more often that way.

Philippo

Just started the game.

After Bloodborne, it all feels so cluncky...

Also, do i have to keep all the party on par with the levels? Seems like a chore to do.

ChanMan

Just started the game.

After Bloodborne, it all feels so cluncky...

Also, do i have to keep all the party on par with the levels? Seems like a chore to do.

No you don't but I would reccommend at least leveling up 6th characters of your choice and make sure 2 or 3 of them are ranged characters; they are essential.

You don't need to keep everyone at the same level, but be wary of the fact that characters will die as you go along. Depending on the difficulty you're playing, when you loose characters in later levels it will be difficult to carry on with an underleveled party. So find a good number of secondary party members that you like. I finished my first playthrough with Queen at level 60 or so, Ace, Sice, Deuce, Seven, and Cater at around 50 and the rest anywhere from lvl 40-30.
Plus Jack and Nine at level 20

Arkeband

Banned
I would encourage people on the fence to stick with it until you get to the First Battle of Judecca chapter.

If that doesn't make you soil your pants on your couch, you're not meant for Final Fantasy.

Also, yes, switch to Japanese VA's.

Cornbread78

There are 8 chapters total, right? I'm at the beginning of 7, but the lady said I'm underleveled, so I'm grinding now.. How much longer?

Also, if you switch to Japanese voices, does it have ab English subtitle option?

Philippo

Is there a way to revive dead characters during a fight early in the game?

Also, being able to do only 1 sidequest at time is rubbish.

Sign

1) Is there a way to revive dead characters during a fight early in the game?

2) Also, being able to do only 1 sidequest at time is rubbish.

1) I think if you have a phoenix down equipped and don't switch to a different character when they die you can rez them ... I think. Played this game for close to a 165 hours and never used a phoenix down successfully lol.

2) Any quest that isn't kill x can be completed regardless to whether or not it is equipped. For example, SPP missions, phantoma, collect x item from y enemy, collect super specific item from super specific dungeon... all can be done without the quest.

Question to those who have played and completed New Game Plus!

Is the random / unnamed NPC dialogue still the same as the first play through? For example, do all of the different unnamed cadets say the same thing as they did the first time around?

I spent a lot of time talking to npcs and would rather not have to talk to them again if I don't have to.

There are 8 chapters total, right? I'm at the beginning of 7, but the lady said I'm underleveled, so I'm grinding now.. How much longer?

Also, if you switch to Japanese voices, does it have ab English subtitle option?
You're close. Chapter 7 is the longer of the two, but it's still not that long.

And yeah, you can do Japanese dub with English subtitles.

Is there a way to revive dead characters during a fight early in the game?

Also, being able to do only 1 sidequest at time is rubbish.
Phoenix Downs or Revive magic have to be used while the character is dead on screen.

Phoenix Pinions/Lanterns give you a Reraise status, so they have to be used before you die.

Most abilities from characters that revive you also have to be used preemptively.

Question to those who have played and completed New Game Plus!

Is the random / unnamed NPC dialogue still the same as the first play through? For example, do all of the different unnamed cadets say the same thing as they did the first time around?

I spent a lot of time talking to npcs and would rather not have to talk to them again if I don't have to.

NPC dialogue is mostly the same, yeah. Named NPCs will continue their quests (Emina, Kazusa, etc.) and people you already talked to in your first playthrough can be talked to again without using time in NG+. Quests also come back.

On Demand

Banned
Is secret training tied to real time?

Just got the Platinum trophy at 62 hours and I'm not even close to done with this game. Despite its flaws and quirks, this is the first time in a long time I've been so drawn into a Final Fantasy. I missed this feeling.

Looking forward to what Tabata is going to do with XV and hopefully Type-1!

I started this yesterday. Currently on chapter 2. And yeah the game isn't perfect but i'd be lying if i said i was enjoying it. It could be the yearning and nostalgia i have for FF. The last FF i was into this much was 12. I hated it at first and was about traded it in but tried playing a little longer to see if it would get better. Glad i did.

I don't even care about the graphics. Some parts give me PS1 era FF vibes.

I had a weird bug, I don't know when it happens but I have 99 combat chocobo (I'm only in chapter 3)

It's not a bug =P

Every time you breed you have a tiny (I think below 1%) chance of getting 99 Chocobos (notice how you even get one message that says you got 99 Chocobos, instead of 99 messages saying you got 1 chocobo).

It's not a bug =P

Every time you breed you have a tiny (I think below 1%) chance of getting 99 Chocobos (notice how you even get one message that says you got 99 Chocobos, instead of 99 messages saying you got 1 chocobo).

Oh ok, I didn't pay attention lol.

99 chocobos for one egg is insane though, unless maybe they're dwarf chocobo ? :p

Mokubba

I don't even know what happened in the last chapter but I still enjoyed the rest of the game.

Takeharu Ishimoto is a genius. Lovely soundtrack, one of my favorites actually.

I don't even know what happened in the last chapter but I still enjoyed the rest of the game.

Takeharu Ishimoto is a genius. Lovely soundtrack, one of my favorites actually.

If you care enough about the FNC, I could dig up my post explaining stuff =P

But yes, Ishimoto is a fantastic composer. The OST is easily one of the best.

Yea, that would be great.
I'm not going to get the real ending anytime soon if at all so yea please.
Oops, sorry, I didn't check back in this thread to see if you wanted it =X

Here it is: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158041825&postcount=2659

It should answer some of your questions (or not... =P, the FNC is a little weird like that).

Anyone know a good way to raise your SP rank to complete that quest?
In the HD version you get SP from turning on the academy backup, right? If so then I think the easiest way is to just re-do missions where you know you can carry the AI, because if they die then you don't get any SP.

I don't know if that's worth it though. If it's asking for too much, it might be better to just ignore it really (unless you plan on spending a long time with the game).

Cornbread78

Oops, sorry, I didn't check back in this thread to see if you wanted it =X

Here it is: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158041825&postcount=2659

It should answer some of your questions (or not... =P, the FNC is a little weird like that).

In the HD version you get SP from turning on the academy backup, right? If so then I think the easiest way is to just re-do missions where you know you can carry the AI, because if they die then you don't get any SP.

I don't know if that's worth it though. If it's asking for too much, it might be better to just ignore it really (unless you plan on spending a long time with the game).

Yeah, I really just want to get 6 character s up to lvl 38 so I can finish the last 1 1/2 chapters, so if there is no real rewards, then... well the 2500 for a good deck of cards would be nice though..

Yeah, I really just want to get 6 character s up to lvl 38 so I can finish the last 1 1/2 chapters, so if there is no real rewards, then... well the 2500 for a good deck of cards would be nice though..

I actually don't know much about SP (maybe someone else can help you) as I ignored it in my playthroughs (and some of that stuff is not even available in the PSP version, which is what I played), but try to see how fast you can farm them, because AFAIK there's not really a fast way to get them. Maybe try the first mission and let the helper guys do all the work?

Yes.

Some here have cheated and betrayed Tabata, as well as their souls, by moving the console's time forward via the system settings in order to level.

I haven't done that myself, but it's still a ridiculously easy way to cheat the game. Through my bloodborne playthrough I've managed to bring my core team up 20 levels beyond the recommended, where I can now even safely take on the optional missions.

Raggie

I really do wish they'd brought the Vita version instead of this.

That doesn't fix the horrible writing.

It fixes the horrible voice acting (a bit) though.

Last year I played through some Final Fantasy games from different periods, and came to the conclusion that the writing in the series has been uniformly bad from start to finish. The writing felt good during NES to PS1 because because the general level of video game writing at the time was even worse/non-existant. The industry has gotten increasingly better at story and dialogue, but SE has only gotten better at graphics. The writing hasn't improved at all. The only real difference is that the early FF characters weren't as tropy as the later ones.

RangerBAD

What level are you? And how much of the world map have you unlocked? =X

Class Zero ranges from 44 to 19. Only Cater is 44 though. Queen, Seven, Rem, Machina are about 37. The rest are all range from 27 to 19. I finished the
Gilgamesh
mission and I missed about two Expert Trials (the first two).

Class Zero ranges from 44 to 19. Only Cater is 44 though. Queen, Seven, Rem, Machina are about 37. The rest are all range from 27 to 19. I finished the
Gilgamesh
mission and I missed about two Expert Trials (the first two).

The levels 20-ish can be leveled around the Corsi Cave (the dungeon in the first area of the world map).
lvl 44 for now is waaaay overleveled =P (The game kinda expects you to beat the first playthrough on lvl 35). Honestly, your team right now can carry you through the entire game. And for right now, I don't think you have a very good place to level them up (maybe the Behemoth cave if you have access to that?).

The Expert Trials are not meant to be done in NG, they're for NG+ (that's why the first one has a recommended level of 35), so don't worry about it unless you really want to complete them and you don't want to do a NG+ run.

RangerBAD

The levels 20-ish can be leveled around the Corsi Cave (the dungeon in the first area of the world map).
lvl 44 for now is waaaay overleveled =P (The game kinda expects you to beat the first playthrough on lvl 35). Honestly, your team right now can carry you through the entire game. And for right now, I don't think you have a very good place to level them up (maybe the Behemoth cave if you have access to that?).

The Expert Trials are not meant to be done in NG, they're for NG+ (that's why the first one has a recommended level of 35), so don't worry about it unless you really want to complete them and you don't want to do a NG+ run.

Hahaha. Now it all makes sense. Maybe I'll just wait until NG+ then. I do have the Behemoth Cave open, but only Cater can manage it.

I'm just gonna drop this here.

World’s 1st Global Launch of “FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0” Game with GS60 Red Edition.

Square Enix, renowned Japan gaming company and MSI’s great partner, will work with MSI to have a global launch of their latest game FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 at MSI’s COMPUTEX booth. This game will be demonstrated on MSI GS60 Red version and GS70 Silver version. Both models are lightweight laptops with fancy color design and incredible gaming power.
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 brings an immersive world, memorable characters and the production value known of the series, together with high quality gameplay and storytelling truly worthy of the FINAL FANTASY name. Step into the fray as Class Zero, a group of students from an elite military academy whose country is attacked by an aggressive neighboring Empire. In the brutal and harrowing struggle that follows, you must engage a range of powerful magical and combat abilities using a new battle system, to conquer the Empire and uncover the secrets behind the battle.

http://hexus.net/tech/items/graphics/83519-msi-dominate-computex-taipei-show-floor/

So does this mean Agito PC or is it really Type-0 HD?

Games on sale at Target for $27.99, worth it at that price or nay?

Summing up the opinions of the game found on this thread:

-Fun gameplay;
-Awful camera and motion blur (with some saying they got used to the motion blur after playing for a while);
-Story was pretty divided, with some people enjoying more than others (I think the enjoyment you'll get out of this story is directly proportional to how much you enjoy the Fabula Nova Crystallis);
-Voice acting is horrible, Japanese VA is an option (and is way better than the english VA);
-Great soundtrack.

The rest people are pretty divided on. So I suppose it depends on how much those points will (or not) sell you on the game =P.

Philippo

Sooo, i'm in the middle of this awful final dungeon and one of the trials is defeating enemies without weapons, but i unequipped every magic for the whole game and have to use them now smh

Meneses

Oh wow, didn't expect a patch.

Gonna check this out for sure to see if it makes the game playable for me.

After playing Episode Duscae 2.0

Falk

that puzzling face
According to the other thread, greatly improved (how wouldn't it be when the only direction is up lol), although a few people still think the camera sucks sucks.

TheChaos0

Well, just beat it. Got my ending. I guess you need to play NG+ to get a different one? At least that's what I remember. What an ending. Quite enjoyed the combat system, it was a lot of fun.

Machina, I don't remember you saving the world. Game stop lying to me! Pffft, why did you have to survive and hoard all the glory!?

edit: OK, I see. There are two more cutscenes to view after beating the game. At least something is making sense now.

edit2: Gate of Etro? Oh, that makes sense. It's Fabula Nova after all. I'm kind of content now. Class Zero broke out of the cycle and their role in that world has ended by their own wills. I can accept that. There's however that new Type-0 HD ending. Teasing a sequel, eh? ;)

Cornbread78

Well, just beat it. Got my ending. I guess you need to play NG+ to get a different one? At least that's what I remember. What an ending. Quite enjoyed the combat system, it was a lot of fun.

Machina, I don't remember you saving the world. Game stop lying to me! Pffft, why did you have to survive and hoard all the glory!?

edit: OK, I see. There are two more cutscenes to view after beating the game. At least something is making sense now.

edit2: Gate of Etro? Oh, that makes sense. It's Fabula Nova after all. I'm kind of content now. Class Zero broke out of the cycle and their role in that world has ended by their own wills. I can accept that. There's however that new Type-0 HD ending. Teasing a sequel, eh? ;)

Lol, I just finished it Fri. night and was all sorts of
pissed that they all died. Pretty gruesome scene fuck Machina, he was a douche and shouldn't get credit for anything.
Is there a different ending on a second play through with a different difficulty level?

Top Bottom