• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Case in point: It's a dumb design, and why bother showing hem in the 'normal' play-through when they aren't doable. I actually finished those level 20-35+ missions. The rest wasn't doable by any means.

And oh my god, the 'war' minigame - wtf were they thinking.

You can try if you want.

That would be like saying that allowing the Hard difficulty on your first playthrough is a dumb choice.

As for the RTS segments, just use Trey, he one shots everything.

sensui-tomo

Lightning Returns was fantastic...

XIV ARR is the trash game
This is how I feel about this post.
tumblr_inline_nje4fknxvC1smvhbb.jpg

Opinion of course lol

Flandy

I'm just gonna hang around in this thread from now on because the XV demo thread terrifies me with the huge blocks of spoilers everywhere

Squire

Banned
I joke about it a lot and I hate that's its sixty dollars, but I'm honestly looking forward to Type-0. A few people have told me how much they enjoy it in the past year and these are votes of confidence I take pretty seriously.

Even as I say that though, my expectations are pretty well tempered; I honestly have no real "hype" and that's definitely a good thing.

Looking forward to being pleasantly surprised.

Flandy

I joke about it a lot and I hate that's its sixty dollars, but I'm honestly looking forward to Type-0. A few people have told me how much they enjoy it in the past year and these are votes of confidence I take pretty seriously.

Even as I say that though, my expectations are pretty well tempered; I honestly have no real "hype" and that's definitely a good thing.

Looking forward to being pleasantly surprised.
lol I justified the purchase by reminding myself I bought Danganronpa 1 and 2 day 1 and those barely had any improvements while this looks almost like a different game and comes with the FFXV demo

Demoskinos

So how the heck is everyone getting this a day early? I thought this didn't drop until tomorrow? I've seen a few people on my friends list already playing. Plenty more talking about it on twitter.

Went to my store to pick my game up but they only had the xbox one version. So I have to wait until tomorrow. One more night of Destiny :(

cj_iwakura

Maybe they'll pull a Twilight Princess one day and toss the peasantry a downgraded PSV/3 version.

Not holding my breath, though.

LProtag

Alright. I'm ready.

I have the day off tomorrow unexpectedly, so I think I'm actually going to go and pick up the game from the store and return my Amazon copy that won't come in until 5PM, haha. Too excited, I guess.

sensui-tomo

Maybe they'll pull a Twilight Princess one day and toss the peasantry a downgraded PSV/3 version.

Not holding my breath, though.

It wouldnt fit with their plans sadly, aka Get everyone on the ps4 train (its the sole reason for this game being on the ps4 while hoping everyone who buys type-0 buys ff15 and the same for DQ heroes in the west). but SE can prove me wrong.

I preordered. Hope the game is decent, but I definitely would've skipped on this if it weren't for the FF15 demo. Then again I played through all 3 FF13s... so I'll probably like this as well.

Skulldead

So the hard/Expert mode only add level to enemies ? So it the only purpose is for new game + ?

So everything that i heard the game is hard is because of they play on normal ?

So the hard/Expert mode only add level to enemies ? So it the only purpose is for new game + ?

So everything that i heard the game is hard is because of they play on normal ?

The PSP didn't let you choose difficulties unless you were replaying missions, so yeah, it was mostly from Normal.

Also the hardest difficulty also buffs enemies on top of leveling them up.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I dunno if they fixed that for the PS4 version, but in the PSP version most side quests were 20-30(!) levels ABOVE the 'main quest' target. e.g. Level 20 main quest and side quests level 55. I never fled from battles and grinded intensely for at least ~10 hours and still wasn't able to actually tackle them. And that grind time was ONLY for my 3 main characters. So good luck keeping all up. It's just dumb and one of the reasons why the game was such a chore to enjoy / finish to me.

THe difficulty settings should in theory tackle this issue

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Case in point: It's a dumb design. Why bother showing them in the 'normal' play-through when they aren't doable, or even more important why the fuck not just make them doable to begin with? I actually finished those level 20-35+ missions. The rest wasn't doable by any means.

And oh my god, the 'war' minigame - wtf were they thinking. >_<

the high level missions are there so you can attempt them if you want. like hard mode, it just forces you to get really, really good at kill sights to survive. i couldn't imagine anyone feeling the need to grind for hours just to do a handful of sidequests that are clearly well above their current ability.

LProtag

I'm trying to figure out which characters I want to prioritize. I really like Ace, Trey, and Jack from what I've seen, but I probably need to throw a good healer/mage type in the mix.

You wanna throw hands? Because i'll throw hands.

Seriously though, how is the game? I've actually never missed an FF title released in North America aside from Dirge of Cerberus
So far Im really liking it. I havent gotten too far, but its already apparent how unforgiving the difficulty is. A missed dodge can equal half your health gone in a swing, and you cant just cancel animations to dodge too, so you gotta watch for when you are using longer attacks.

The lock on system, takes some getting used to but Im liking it now. My only real complaint is the absurd blurring on any camera movement

HeelPower

How many difficulty levels are there?
Four. Square Enix has added an easier mode to this release called Cadet which is recommended for first time players.

^

Is the game so ridiculously difficult ? Is there something like time limits within like LR that make it hard ?

Also,Nice OT Kagari.

I'm trying to figure out which characters I want to prioritize. I really like Ace, Trey, and Jack from what I've seen, but I probably need to throw a good healer/mage type in the mix.
Anyone can make a good healer. I ran with primarily physical characters and was fine, though I had Cure on all of them just in case. There's also only one instance when you're required to use magic, so no need to have a mage if you don't want to.

Zukuu

Banned
Ok, sounds like Ace is a top pick from everyone. Which character is that?
The one you start with. The poster boy. The dude with the cards and teleport.

How many difficulty levels are there?
Four. Square Enix has added an easier mode to this release called Cadet which is recommended for first time players.

^

Is the game so ridiculously difficult ? Is there something like time limits within like LR that make it hard ?

Also,Nice OT Kagari.
The game isn't difficult in the slightest actually. It's just tiresome since they throw break-only bosses in your face and at one point REALLY cheap.

Joei

I will be getting a PS4 tomorrow and picking this up as well. Obviously interested in the FF15 demo, but excited to play this game, heard great things about it.

Koppai

Gonna pick up the CE Guide for the game tomorrow from work, discount yay!. However, I ordered the game from Walmart for the $40.32 so gotta wait for it to ship :<

RPGCrazied

The main character from the trailers, with the cards.

his ranged attacks timings take a little getting used to though, specially later on in the game with his skills.

The one you start with. The poster boy. The due with the cards and teleport.

Sweet. Can you switch between all 14 characters on the fly, or take how many on missions? Haven't really been watching trailers or anything, trying to go in fresh as I can.

zennyzz

got my CE from the Square store. Was in mint condition surprisingly.

I also noticed, the manga's by the guy(?) who did the drakengard manga. It's actually pretty good as a bridge between the early missions and gives a fair bit of context to a couple of early scenes.

Oh and pillaging, genocide and gratuitous death. You know, the Drakengard stables

nikos

Really hope I like this. The only thing I'm worried about is the camera, which can always be fixed via patch, but hopefully I get used to it.

Trying to decide whether I should pick it up at midnight or in the morning. I probably wouldn't play until tomorrow anyway.

Liking it after about an hour, game has barely gotten started, but man that camera is awful. Improved from when we first saw the game, but it's just bad. I can't believe they didn't include a sensitivity setting, I mean come on. The excessive motion blur just makes it worse, if they toned that down it would help. Other then the camera, the game looks okay, ground textures are bad, but the rest looks fine most of the time.

My only worries with this game are the camera. From the gameplay videos I've seen the camera has had a huge amount of motion blur, hopefully it's not that big of a deal.

Top Bottom