• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Announced For PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrawnton

Bitterness aside, I'll probably bite on this.

I had a 360 last gen so missed it on PSN and haven't played it in many years. Wish S-E would now nail down a date and suprise us with some nice upgraded con....ok, I kid, just the release date S-E

I am very much looking forward to it. I hope they port the ff8 pc version over as well but find a way to put the original psx music. I watched streams of the ff8 pc version and that music is ass.

Son Of D

It's actually surprising that SE have been quiet about this and FFX/X-2 HD on PS4. Thought that we'd have a date by now at least.

Bitterness aside, I'll probably bite on this.

I had a 360 last gen so missed it on PSN and haven't played it in many years. Wish S-E would now nail down a date and suprise us with some nice upgraded con....ok, I kid, just the release date S-E

I'll probably get it if it's a pretty good port. But knowing Square, that isn't guaranteed.

Cornbread78

It's actually surprising that SE have been quiet about this and FFX/X-2 HD on PS4. Thought that we'd have a date by now at least.

And even the FFXII HD ports for PS4 & Vita. I mean, FFX HD had to of met expectations. ..

Oh and the FFXII I trilogy is coming soon as was since it's on X86 now as well and I'll probably bite there to to sooth by bitterness.

ocean

Banned
Why do I read this thread why. Luminous engine modified with FFX battle system? Cmon don't say these things. It'll never happen :(

In all seriousness, I feel the biggest letdown about this is what it implies about PSX/PS2 Classics (PSN) compatibility. I really thought they'd bring that to PS4 one day but this makes it sound like it won't..

specdot

Why would Sony even allow that announcement on stage?

Why even bring up FF7 in that way ever?

AWFUL.
Probably wanted to troll Gaf because of all the leaks that goes on here. Just my speculation.
Either way, that was a top tier, godlike troll on Square and Sony.

CHC

This thread should just be locked and sealed away for all eternity. Suffering it once was bad enough, twice is cruel and unusual.

Cornbread78

IF really SE will release a FFXIII Trilogy, they will probably put some stupid low cost useless feature like a new costume or so, hoping PC users will double dip.

Every possible Lightning costume every will be available as dlc. Shit, maybe Elsa and Anna costumes will be made for Lightning. .

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
God dammit! I got butterflies in my stomach like a fucking tween going through puberty when I saw the thread title. I clicked the thread and post #1 killed me for the 2nd time...

Son Of D

theyre probably quiet about ff7 and ff10 because they are hyping up Type-0 right now.

Good point actually. We'll probably start seeing updates on VII/X PS4 after Type-0 releases.

IF really SE will release a FFXIII Trilogy, they will probably put some stupid low cost useless feature like a new costume or so, hoping PC users will double dip.

1080p/60FPS of course.

In all seriousness at most they'd get a PS4 exclusive costume set or something.

funkypie

Banned
I stay away from this game mainly as I have completed it too many times and I find it boring to play now. The times I have tried to play it in the last 5 years I would always switch it off after 30 minutes.

Hopefully if they do remake it, they will change the game play up.

liquidtmd

Banned
Hopefully if they do remake it, they will change the game play up.

That would spark the ire of a large number of people who put up with S-E shenanigans and would be their target audience for this.

Solution: They release it with a classic mode (with whatever bells and whistles graphically they can be bothered to do), and a remix mode (with bells and whistles to both gameplay and graphics)

Son Of D

If they were to remake VII I wouldn't mind them using the X-2 style ATB where it's faster paced and you can chain attacks together.

DuffDry

All the people truly livid over this have to know that they would most likely hate whatever Square would do with a remake, right? Consider it them doing you a favor, saving you hours upon hours of ranting online.

A FFVII remake is never happening and even if it did happen, you'd hate it for not being the remake you've built up in your head for over ten years.

Haunted

All the people truly livid over this have to know that they would most likely hate whatever Square would do with a remake, right? Consider it them doing you a favor, saving you hours upon hours of ranting online.

A FFVII remake is never happening and even if it did happen, you'd hate it for not being the remake you've built up in your head for over ten years.
but what if they make the remake we built up in our heads for the last ten years

when is this coming out? i would like to earn the platinum trophy in this game.I have this game memorized like the back of my hand lol.

Koozek

Gamekult's reaction still says everything:
S315jC8.gif

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.

SE is all out with XIV and T-0 \ XV.

I fully expect news outside the catalogue when the T-0 + XV demo has been out a couple of weeks.

Caj814

Oh look, it's this thread again. I'll use this post as another opportunity to revel in the joyous occasion that was Final Fantasy VII being announced for the PS4. No bitterness or resentment involved. Nope, none at all.

The pain is still real...

STOP TRIGGERING ME.

Can we add a trigger warning to the title of this thread?

Clicked this with way too much excitement

I almost forgot about this, oh god, the feelings! :lol

iLmAyOFGnAGWH.gif

This thread says otherwise.

zychi

Banned
They really should just do FFVII-2. There's no reason everyone wants a remake. Maybe do some HD polygon updates to FFVII, but that's it.

Godcannon

Linearity, terrible voice acting, horrible costume redesigns, microtransactions, DLC?

Yes

If it would be exactly the same without any core changes? Just better graphics?

No

I know better than to expect amazing things from Square Enix though. One of the worst companies I've ever seen, and consistently makes bonehead decisions year in year out.

They really should just do FFVII-2. There's no reason everyone wants a remake. Maybe do some HD polygon updates to FFVII, but that's it.

Thats a good idea.I really think if they want to do a FFVII remake they should just update the graphics leave everything else the same eg; look at homeworld remaster. Thats how you remaster games man.

Besides the whole trolling bit, what astounds me is that this even deserved an announcement by Hashimoto...I can already get VII on a decent amount of platforms, Vita, PC, Ps3, and my original copy.

Why was this deserving of an huge cock-teasing announcement?

Lucreto

People are still made about this?

I was annoyed for about an hour but got over it and now I can't wait to play it again.

DuffDry

If it would be exactly the same without any core changes? Just better graphics?

No

That's the thing, though. There's no chance of that happening.

No company is going to pour the money, time, and resources into a major graphics overhaul of an archaic JRPG, making no other changes. The fact that Square has yet to do this shows that they're way smarter than people want to give them credit for.

Son Of D

I'm surprised we still didn't get any more information \ pics \ videos for this... and it supposed to be out in this upcoming couple of months.

As others have mentioned SE are focusing all their marketing and promotion on Type-0 HD/XV Demo as well as the upcoming XIV expansion. Once Type-0 releases we'll start to hear more about VII and X/X-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom